Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,121 members, 7,880,485 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:16 PM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45184 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2013
hisblud:

let me borrow from thehomer on another thread... you only know 3 + 5 = 8 and you assume that because you can comprehend it, it means that '4256264658953752535' does not exist in your comfort zone. And you classify those that accept the existence of '4256264658953752535' as ignorant shocked shocked shocked. It shows you are limited...to the least.

This is a dumb thinking that does not apply to the premise being discussed.

You are a troll, why should i deny the existence of such a number when in fact it can be shown to mathematically exist?

You make up ideas in your head and then you claim i make up those ideas, how is that for honesty angry
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 10:52pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman:

This is a dumb thinking that does not apply to the premise being discussed.

You are a troll, why should i deny the existence of such a number when in fact it can be shown to mathematically exist?

You make up ideas in your head and then you claim i make up those ideas, how is that for honesty angry

Have u seen an atom or electron?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 10:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Proffdada:

Have u seen an atom or electron?

An atom - With an AFM Yes

An electron - Heinseinberg said it cannot be seen and its speed determined. so no
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 11:08pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman:

An atom - With an AFM Yes

An electron - Heinseinberg said it cannot be seen and its speed determined. so no

U hv ur answer
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:32pm On Apr 29, 2013
Proffdada:

U hv ur answer

what answer did I tell you I was looking for??
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 4:00am On Apr 30, 2013
ooman:

what answer did I tell you I was looking for??

Existence of God
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:19am On Apr 30, 2013
Proffdada:

Existence of God

How does not seeing an electron, an unconscious stuff answer not seeing god, a conscious person?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 7:33am On Apr 30, 2013
ooman:

How does not seeing an electron, an unconscious stuff answer not seeing god, a conscious person?
simple when you can't see a small electron but u believe its existence then ur thoughts r too limited to believe in God's existence
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2013
Proffdada:
simple when you can't see a small electron but u believe its existence then ur thoughts r too limited to believe in God's existence

I believe in electron because its mathematically proven and has been weighed, we know a proton is 1839 heavier than it.

What single evidence can you provide for god - a complex conscious being popping into existence from nothing??
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 30, 2013
If only these fools asked for evidence of their religion, the way they do science.. the world would be a better place...

@ooman: just popped in to say well done. I admire your patience. Peeps should pay start paying for this free education.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 5:07pm On Apr 30, 2013
ooman:

I believe in electron because its mathematically proven and has been weighed, we know a proton is 1839 heavier than it.

What single evidence can you provide for god - a complex conscious being popping into existence from nothing??
what preceeds the big bang that spawned the universe?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 5:48pm On Apr 30, 2013
Proffdada: what preceeds the big bang that spawned the universe?

nothing
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by MissOpe(f): 11:06pm On Apr 30, 2013
ooman:

nothing

aha nothing ... Yet u cnt simply believe God ws created out of Nothing.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:19pm On Apr 30, 2013
Miss Ope:

aha nothing ... Yet u cnt simply believe God ws created out of Nothing.

nothing we presently know of.

god is too complex to come from nothing.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 1:16am On May 01, 2013
ooman:

U keep staring at the TRUTH yet you deny,the universe cannot be created from ramdomness, if so there will be a lotta mistakes from these 'trials' and their evidences. You can't construct a building without proper planning or was new york built on randomness?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 6:31am On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:

U keep staring at the TRUTH yet you deny,the universe cannot be created from ramdomness, if so there will be a lotta mistakes from these 'trials' and their evidences. You can't construct a building without proper planning or was new york built on randomness?

And what's wrong with randomness. I believe in RANDOMNESS. I believe in NOTHING. God came from NOTHING, NOTHING is greater than GOD. I'm a NOTHING believer... believer in the power of nothing...
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:

you know that is the point here. there are lots of mistakes in both living and nonliving things.

nature is all about trial and error.

natural processes are goaless

So no intelligence involved.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 7:28am On May 01, 2013
what you should understand is the tool used to judge a concept CANNOT be used to judge another even if there might be a relation. Tools used in Mathematical concept, cannot be used to judge music. Or would it?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 7:45am On May 01, 2013
hisblud: what you should understand is the tool used to judge a concept CANNOT be used to judge another even if there might be a relation. Tools used in Mathematical concept, cannot be used to judge music. Or would it?

Another pathetically dumb reply from another unthinking human.

Do you not know that musical notes/scales are graduated in maths??

Why dont you go teach the gullible iddiots in sunday school such nonsense than tell me, a whole atheist such dumb thought of yours.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by MissOpe(f): 9:49am On May 01, 2013
ooman:

Until u tell me how the earth and other 8 planets were formed, Untill u tell me how the natural resources were formed ,Untill u tell me how the rivers, sea, birds, e.tc were formed I will continue to refute ur theory.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 9:50am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:

And what's wrong with randomness. I believe in RANDOMNESS. I believe in NOTHING. God came from NOTHING, NOTHING is greater than GOD. I'm a NOTHING believer... believer in the power of nothing...
God didn't come nothing,He is ALL from Him all was intelligently created, I still ask u if nature is based on trial n error there should be remnants and evidences of these processes not the sudden jump to perfection, i'm talking about more missing links lying around.. otherwise there will still be a galaxywide of antimatter that will randomly phase out our universe this very minute to start another big bang if there no intelligence. U knowv this probability is infinite mathematically,
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 10:20am On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:
I still ask u if nature is based on trial n error there should be remnants and evidences of these processes not the sudden jump to perfection...
What exactly does this mean? What perfection exactly?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 11:01am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:
perfection of each organism to be suited for its purpose and enviroment. Perfection of physical laws binding matter and factors affecting matter,perfection of ur brain able to think at earth's gravity grin
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 11:02am On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:
perfection of each organism to be suited for its purpose and enviroment. Perfection of physical laws binding matter and factors affecting matter,perfection of ur brain able to think at earth's gravity grin

musKeeto:
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 11:02am On May 01, 2013
musKeeto:
perfection of each organism to be suited for its purpose and enviroment. Perfection of physical laws binding matter and factors affecting matter,perfection of ur brain able to think at earth's gravity
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 3:42pm On May 01, 2013
Miss Ope:

Until u tell me how the earth and other 8 planets were formed, Untill u tell me how the natural resources were formed ,Untill u tell me how the rivers, sea, birds, e.tc were formed I will continue to refute ur theory.

Obviously, you do not know the application of the word "refute" that you used.

all your questions have empirical answers. that you dont know about geological processes beats me, you must have dropped out in Pry 6.

Your ignorance is not an excuse for the existence of god, science has all the answers, to learn them, go to school.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 3:46pm On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:

if each organisms are "perfectly " suited to their environment as you claim, then the word "extinction " would not exist. that is one evidence against a perfect god.

Organisms are not perfect or perfectly suited, time and chance happens to all things.

natural laws are not perfect, if they are, they would not change in different environment or become useless in others eg blackhole

the human brain is not perfect, its fallible and can go insane.

there is no perfection in nature.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 4:00pm On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:
God didn't come nothing,He is ALL from Him all was intelligently created,

what does this mean?

Proffdada: I still ask u if nature is based on trial n error there should be remnants and evidences of these processes not the sudden jump to perfection,

there are infact evidence of trial and error. background radiations are junks from the big bang. multiple ice ages and global warming are trial and errors of past environment till number of plants stabilized it as we have it today, and its deteriorating again.

Proffdada: i'm talking about more missing links lying around.. otherwise there will still be a galaxywide of antimatter that will randomly phase out our universe this very minute to start another big bang if there no intelligence. U knowv this probability is infinite mathematically,

we dont know so much about the universe to make such silly claims.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 5:16pm On May 01, 2013
ooman:

what does this mean?

there are infact evidence of trial and error. background radiations are junks from the big bang. multiple ice ages and global warming are trial and errors of past environment till number of plants stabilized it as we have it today, and its deteriorating again.

we dont know so much about the universe to make such silly claims.

Exactly, you don't know so much about God to make such silly claims about His existence. God didn't come from nothing,ALL things come from Him.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 5:18pm On May 01, 2013
ooman:

if each organisms are "perfectly " suited to their environment as you claim, then the word "extinction " would not exist. that is one evidence against a perfect god.

Organisms are not perfect or perfectly suited, time and chance happens to all things.

natural laws are not perfect, if they are, they would not change in different environment or become useless in others eg blackhole

the human brain is not perfect, its fallible and can go insane.

there is no perfection in nature.
Perfection was in the beginning before man sinned
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 5:23pm On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:
Perfection was in the beginning before man sinned

here we go, stu.pidity in its concentrated form

how did one man's action on earth cause imperfect on mars?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 5:24pm On May 01, 2013
Proffdada:

Exactly, you don't know so much about God to make such silly claims about His existence. God didn't come from nothing,ALL things come from Him.

but you claim that nothing preceeded god! so what did god come from then?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (25) (Reply)

Sex In The Dream!!! / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes / Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.