Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,850 members, 7,872,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist (45153 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / The Council That Created Jesus - By Former Pastor, Ray Hagins / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Miss Ope: @ OOman I'm wondering what u stand to gain or get by proving to people dat God doesn't exist.......... Tell me why U love spending ur time and energy proving the non - existence of God...

Because a lot of people are being enslaved by religion created in the name of the god that does not exist.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2013
Miss Ope: @ OOman I'm wondering what u stand to gain or get by proving to people dat God doesn't exist.......... Tell me why U love spending ur time and energy proving the non - existence of God...

He has neva given a fact that says God does not exists, only trying to find non existing faults in all logical and spirtual evidence of the Almighty God existence. I pity him.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by meetdonald(m): 12:09am On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Because a lot of people are being enslaved by religion created in the name of the god that does not exist.

if you know history well, then point out a group that hv been in existence before any known cvilisation, in which their believe is that no god exists.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:15am On Apr 23, 2013

Its simple, its because god does not exist and you so much believe and wish he does, so to free you from your calamity and help relief your burden, i offer proof of the non-existence of god cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:17am On Apr 23, 2013
meetdonald:

if you know history well, then point out a group that hv been in existence before any known cvilisation, in which their believe is that no god exists.

so you think that atheism started in the 21 century?? shocked

well, think again, atheism has always existed through out history.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 23, 2013
meetdonald:

Ancient civilization worshiped beings who came from the sky, they were not gods, ancient cave men called them gods. Moreover they believed in several gods which were used to oppress their fellow humans. The Egyptian Pharoahs were called gods too,weren't they?

Where are the gods today? Humans are much more advanced than they used to be, cave men cannot teach how to think or what to believe in. It is our duty to correct everything they mis-understood about gods,planet,cosmos which they failed to understand. To the ancient man your iphone and ipad will be divine and probably be worshiped. They worship stones,airplanes,guns etc. science is here to prove every thing wrong......so far,there is no evidence that the bible god exists.

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by MissOpe(f): 7:29am On Apr 23, 2013
ooman:

Its simple, its because god does not exist and you so much believe and wish he does, so to free you from your calamity and help relief your burden, i offer proof of the non-existence of god cheesy

U've still not answered my question Even If I believe God exists but in the real sense he does not... why should it bother U?...
Majority of the christians preaching to u on this thread are keen on converting u...to their religion because they believe there's a reward or gain waiting for them in heaven when they die...
But U'RE here burning ur energy proving the non existence of God,, Infact I see u doing it with Zeal and Enthusiasm like U'RE waiting for a reward somewhere..
I'll ask again OOman why do u prove with great hatred and resentment the non existence of God?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by MissOpe(f): 7:33am On Apr 23, 2013
ooman:

How will my belief in the non existence of God free me from calamity and help relieve my burden? waiting.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2013
Ooman still in the history of endlessly proving a point that is not available! Saying God does not exist. Your coming up to this community is probably to seek African facts to substantiate your dead doctrine about the universe and who owns it. Thank God many had gone the way of scriptures to purge your heart of deception of devil still you are not convinced. Many took you through the way of tradition which is evident among many tribes in Africa that if people doubt God they can not doubt the devil or if they miss God they can not miss the devil. Now from all the points if you still doubt existence of supernatural being(s) you are not complete to be called a man. I have discovered in you that when people pray and something happens in an extra ordinary way, all your assumption is... it is science or when traditionslist makes incarnations and something strange happens you still say it is science. Now I have discovered that you made great mistakes for coming here and looking for partners. You may get some, but they are not bold enough to bail you out of self inflicted delusion as you often define people holding on to sound doctrine of existence of three in one God... let me now go your physical way... omnipresent, omniscince and omnipotent (God). With this fact you will always be beaten a million times and again. We have told you the truth that your white colleagues might not find time to tell you cos of the perishingable things of the world they are occupied with. Now know the truth, accept it and let it set you free as the Bible tells you and I.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rexyl: Ooman still in the history of endlessly proving a point that is not available! Saying God does not exist. Your coming up to this community is probably to seek African facts to substantiate your dead doctrine about the universe and who owns it. Thank God many had gone the way of scriptures to purge your heart of deception of devil still you are not convinced. Many took you through the way of tradition which is evident among many tribes in Africa that if people doubt God they can not doubt the devil or if they miss God they can not miss the devil. Now from all the points if you still doubt existence of supernatural being(s) you are not complete to be called a man. I have discovered in you that when people pray and something happens in an extra ordinary way, all your assumption is... it is science or when traditionslist makes incarnations and something strange happens you still say it is science. Now I have discovered that you made great mistakes for coming here and looking for partners. You may get some, but they are not bold enough to bail you out of self inflicted delusion as you often define people holding on to sound doctrine of existence of three in one God... let me now go your physical way... omnipresent, omniscince and omnipotent (God). With this fact you will always be beaten a million times and again. We have told you the truth that your white colleagues might not find time to tell you cos of the perishingable things of the world they are occupied with. Now know the truth, accept it and let it set you free as the Bible tells you and I.

I see you begging me to accept your dumb idea as if there is some sort of reward in it for you if you convert me, which there is, rooms in heaven right. Sorry man but those are delusions.

There are no spirits and that is a fact, you begging me isnt the way to go. You'd do much better just showing me a spirit or at least logically prove how an omnipotent, omniscient god can come into existence from absolute nothing and make everything from nothing.

Your believe is too dumb that even the animals dont believe in god, so why should i, an intelligent being, believe in such an impossibility.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Miss Ope:
How will my belief in the non existence of God free me from calamity and help relieve my burden? waiting.

Because then, you would approach problems and whatever comes your way logically and proactively rational and not wait for some miracles. cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
Miss Ope:

U've still not answered my question Even If I believe God exists but in the real sense he does not... why should it bother U?...

Duh, it doesnt bother me that U believe in god, the cumulative effect that your dumb believe has, which is poverty in Africa is what bothers me. It is believe in god that makes people lazy and think that some sort of miracle will happen. : D

Miss Ope:
Majority of the christians preaching to u on this thread are keen on converting u...to their religion because they believe there's a reward or gain waiting for them in heaven when they die...

That there is a reward waiting for you after death is a bed time story. They are keen on converting me so that they could make names for themselves on nairaland.

Miss Ope:
But U'RE here burning ur energy proving the non existence of God,, Infact I see u doing it with Zeal and Enthusiasm like U'RE waiting for a reward somewhere..
I'll ask again OOman why do u prove with great hatred and resentment the non existence of God?

I catch fun doing that, its what i do in my freetime and i do it because it means freedom, peace and unity to the whole of human race.

god is the villain that causes wars and this is why i fight the idea of the existence of god. i hope i answer you now cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 2:11pm On Apr 23, 2013
ifeness:

Ancient civilization worshiped beings who came from the sky, they were not gods, ancient cave men called them gods. Moreover they believed in several gods which were used to oppress their fellow humans. The Egyptian Pharoahs were called gods too,weren't they?

Where are the gods today? Humans are much more advanced than they used to be, cave men cannot teach how to think or what to believe in. It is our duty to correct everything they mis-understood about gods,planet,cosmos which they failed to understand. To the ancient man your iphone and ipad will be divine and probably be worshiped. They worship stones,airplanes,guns etc. science is here to prove every thing wrong......so far,there is no evidence that the bible god exists.

Thank God the Bible is still reminding you what you have either forgotten or making you to know what you do not know at all. That is why I said previously that everything happening is centred around what the Bible you ridicule has predicted. Let me give you a tip that matches ooman assignment here. The Bible has described what this man is out to look for: looking for more knowledge and facts to disprove God; the Bible has already predicted that at the advanced times in human history knowledge shall be greatly increased, that people shall be able to invent remarkable things to the comfort of their lives to the extent that many will forget and ridicule God. My bros to you I am leaving this from the Bible “the fool thinks in his heart that there is no God“. People walking with God can not be beaten because they have been given the authority. Repent now tomorrow might be too late.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Rexyl(m): 2:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
ooman:

I see you begging me to accept your dumb idea as if there is some sort of reward in it for you if you convert me, which there is, rooms in heaven right. Sorry man but those are delusions.

There are no spirits and that is a fact, you begging me isnt the way to go. You'd do much better just showing me a spirit or at least logically prove how an omnipotent, omniscient god can come into existence from absolute nothing and make everything from nothing.

Your believe is too dumb that even the animals dont believe in god, so why should i, an intelligent being, believe in such an impossibility.

Oh Christians! The master Jesus says the harvest is plentous but laborers are few. Oh God of harvest send laborers to win this beloved but dying soul and his likes.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 3:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rexyl:

Oh Christians! The master Jesus says the harvest is plentous but laborers are few. Oh God of harvest send laborers to win this beloved but dying soul and his likes.

Oh Flying Spagetti, save this lost soul and his likes so they can come to accept you as their lord and savior.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 23, 2013
don33310: The world would have been peaceful without religion
which "world" have u visited that have no religion that was peaceful that we would verify to come to a sweet conclusion grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by mko2005: 10:03am On Apr 26, 2013
ooman:

Duh, it doesnt bother me that U believe in god, the cumulative effect that your dumb believe has, which is poverty in Africa is what bothers me. It is believe in god that makes people lazy and think that some sort of miracle will happen. : D

That there is a reward waiting for you after death is a bed time story. They are keen on converting me so that they could make names for themselves on nairaland.

I catch fun doing that, its what i do in my freetime and i do it because it means freedom, peace and unity to the whole of human race.

god is the villain that causes wars and this is why i fight the idea of the existence of god. i hope i answer you now cheesy
God,help this lost soul ! It will most definitely be difficult but with you ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE !
God help him even in his unbelief !
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2013
m.k.o2005:

God,help this lost soul ! It will most definitely be difficult but with you ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE !
God help him even in his unbelief !

The flying spaghetti help us all.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
ooman:

May the flying spaghetti help me.
Fixed.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
Reyginus: Fixed.

Silly iddiot edited my comment. Dumb religious logic.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 11:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
ooman:
I, ooman, a
Silly iddiot, edited my comment. Dumb religious logic..
Fixed again.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 1:11am On Apr 27, 2013
Reyginus: Fixed again.

smh
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2013
ooman u r not an atheist, u r a blasphemist who thought he is an atheist. u acknowledge God's existence but u don't respect Him cuz u feel u r already hell bound. meanwhile to the real atheists they should know that they r no different from animals if they don't believe in the afterlife cuz as humans we bound to return as souls to the afterlife where we spend eternity with the Creator or Destroyer. as science proves for every matter there is anti matter....a word is enough...
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2013
Proffdada: ooman u r not an atheist, u r a blasphemist who thought he is an atheist. u acknowledge God's existence but u don't respect Him cuz u feel u r already hell bound. meanwhile to the real atheists they should know that they r no different from animals if they don't believe in the afterlife cuz as humans we bound to return as souls to the afterlife where we spend eternity with the Creator or Destroyer. as science proves for every matter there is anti matter....a word is enough...

Am not an atheist?? ?? grin you wish.

I speak no blasphemy, I only show the evil in your holy books.

The story of an after life is a bed time story, thanks for sharing it at night.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 28, 2013
ooman:

Hmm to the bolded... have you searched all KNOWLEDGE of all TIMEs to come to the conclusion or its merely because of your non conviction?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 28, 2013
Miss Ope:

ooman:
Because then, you would approach problems and whatever comes your way logically and proactively rational and not wait for some miracles. cheesy

hmm, i for one have been handling problems logically and proactively and am sure Miss Ope have, yet i have the belief in God... so why have a non belief in God, since i can do the above and still continue in my belief in God?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by MissOpe(f): 10:44am On Apr 28, 2013
hisblud:

hmm, i for one have been handling problems logically and proactively and am sure Miss Ope have, yet i have the belief in God... so why have a non belief in God, since i can do the above and still continue in my belief in God?
Tell him oooo tell him...
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:18am On Apr 28, 2013
^^^Both of you are drowning in ocean of delusions.

If you believe in god, then your thoughts are limited and your time wasted on prayers.

You need freedom from religion, the world need freedom from god.
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by ooman(m): 11:20am On Apr 28, 2013
hisblud:

Hmm to the bolded... have you searched all KNOWLEDGE of all TIMEs to come to the conclusion or its merely because of your non conviction?

YES cheesy
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 29, 2013
hisblud:

ooman:

YES cheesy

WOOOOW! woooow! grin an atheist with a difference... this is interesting... grin grin grin... a demi - god.....come to think of it, are you saying yes on the right of OR, or left of OR? which are you saying YES to?
Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 29, 2013
ooman: ^^^Both of you are drowning in ocean of delusions.

If you believe in god, then your thoughts are limited and your time wasted on prayers.

You need freedom from religion, the world need freedom from god.

let me borrow from thehomer on another thread... you only know 3 + 5 = 8 and you assume that because you can comprehend it, it means that '4256264658953752535' does not exist in your comfort zone. And you classify those that accept the existence of '4256264658953752535' as ignorant shocked shocked shocked. It shows you are limited...to the least.

1 Like

Re: Reasons A Former Pastor Became An Atheist by Proffdada: 6:00pm On Apr 29, 2013
hisblud:

let me borrow from thehomer on another thread... you only know 3 + 5 = 8 and you assume that because you can comprehend it, it means that '4256264658953752535' does not exist in your comfort zone. And you classify those that accept the existence of '4256264658953752535' as ignorant shocked shocked shocked. It shows you are limited...to the least.
u hv said it all,ooman was never thinking outta d box

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Meets Benny Hinn For The First Time At #MHIS / Adeboye Visits The Family Eunice Olawale Who Was Murdered While Preaching / Jide Macaulay, Nigerian Gay Pastor Writes Letter To Homophobes With Bible Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.