Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,151 members, 7,890,886 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:06 PM

No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United (8845 Views)

Official: I Hereby Decamp From Chelsea FC To Manchester City FC / Arsenal Fan Thread (the Night Is Darkest Just Before The Dawn) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by DisGuy: 3:16am On Apr 09, 2008
nightrider:

ode

so yu rproblem is united, not me changing club, olodo,

i should go for spurs or newcastle, idiot , why dnt you support kwara united. be there watching champions league on yur neighbour's TV , no go buy ya own. ode nie

that's actually my local club!! grin grin

ediaaaaaaaat!! you are there busy changing clubs
i wonder if those supporters want a fake man like you
they are probably laughing at you,you are not real
you are an Aloku, okirika guy- second for face
mumu
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by ehie007(m): 7:07am On Apr 09, 2008
@nightrider, your very welcome to the winning team.

ONE United. cheesy
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by PoDeep(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2008
Yo, bgees, nice game last night, I'll give y'all ur due credit.
The least you can now do for me is to WHOOP THE LIVING DAY LIGHT OUT OF CHELSEA!!
Clear?
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by topeorekoy(m): 7:59am On Apr 09, 2008
i have tried so much to decamp to another team these days but my mind was just made up to support arsenal all the way. i cant just leave, though its painful cos of the way we lose games but my mind is with arsenal all the way
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by jgirl3: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2008
Nightrider - I have no problem with you coming to the winning side.
The problem I have is your loyalty. We pride ourselves on our ability to stick it out. We love our team and will stick with them through thick and thin.
Are you willing to completely forsake the Arses?
If yes, then I have no qualms with you as long as you have no regrets about joining the greatest football club ever.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by HNIC(m): 8:43am On Apr 09, 2008
@ nightrider

Though it's your perogative, if u wish to switch clubs
But I think the true worth of a fan is sticking with your club thru thick and thin.
They are really bad times for Arsenal, but it would not be forever.
Like Bgees said, even when we lose, I come on board here to see what others have to say about the defeat.
Hard to swallow, but its all part of being a fan
I love Arsenal and can't imagine being seen wearing an AIG shirt or a chav shirt(God forbid raised to power 1000).
I can't imagine HNIC jumping up when Drogba scores or when Ronaldo scores(Lailai).
Or HNIC coming here to describe Arsenal fans as Gayners or call my team Ass-anal(No way)
I will rather quit watching football! grin grin grin and turn to golf(no disrespect to golf fans)
Every Club goes thru bad times.
Chelsea didn't win the league for 50 years,
Believe it or not, the Scousers have never won the EPL, yet the Kop won't stop singing.
The guns would blaze once again,
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by ayusman16(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2008
Make una leave the guy. He has d right to choose whichever club to support. As for me and my household, we have chosen to serve and support Arsenal till we die. Trophy or no trophy wink
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by icezik1(m): 9:21am On Apr 09, 2008
HOW CAN YOU LEAVE A LOSING TEAM FOR ANOTHER LOSING TEAM? THAT'S JUST S**********. MAN UTD AIN'T GONNA WIN ANYTHING THIS SEASON. CHELSEA IS GOING FOR THE DOUBLE. I'D SWITCH OVER TO CHELSEA IF I WERE YOU.

[size=24pt]CHELSEA FOR LIFE!!!!!!!![/size]
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by yemmight(m): 9:51am On Apr 09, 2008
I understand your plight. Please welcome home. Welcome to Man United. I promise you will never regret you have chosen us.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by DaJunta(m): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2008
BETTER COME JOIN LIVERPOOL COS WE ARE GONNA ELIMINATE CHELSEA LIKE OTHER YEARS grin

AVRAM GRANT IS NO MATCH WITH RAFA BENITEZ wink

LIVERPOOL RULES EUROPE,

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by wormedup(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2008
since some esteemed members won't be courageous enough to decamp publicly, i wouldn't be surprised when new user IDs starts popping up all over nairaland; rooting for all sorts of clubs except the arse grin

by ur posts, we'll surely know alter ego wink tongue

Da junta,

Rafa has only managed a draw and[b] A LOSE[/b] with Avram already; is he really a match
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by DaJunta(m): 10:28am On Apr 09, 2008
wormedup:

Da junta,

Rafa has only managed a draw and[b] A LOSE with Avram already; is he really a match [/b]

@Wormedup,

When it comes to EUROPE grin It's a different ball game all together.
Avram aint a match 2 Rafa, Im sure Avram's former boss Mourinho can attest 2 that grin

YNWA
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by Emperoh(m): 11:28am On Apr 09, 2008
Na u sabi
But b4 u join Man U, U go come for screening. write test where them go ask you about the club and football, u go do two interviews and psychological test to try your patience and waiting ability then if you pass
We go send u back to Assanal because you have no reason leaving them!!! grin grin grin
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by ayusman16(m): 11:45am On Apr 09, 2008
Rather stop watching football than support shitty clubs like Man. United and Chelsea!
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by wormedup(m): 12:36pm On Apr 09, 2008
ayusman16:

Rather stop watching football than support shitty clubs like Man. United and Chelsea!

with that then, the arse must be a roadside club ! they only play for fun, no trophies intended tongue
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by cartigiana(m): 12:48pm On Apr 09, 2008
gunners 4 life,u guys can run ur mouth for all i care.

Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by McOmo(m): 12:51pm On Apr 09, 2008
@Niterider

u are a fool . . .a retarded moafoka  cool

plonkers like u need to see ur shrink, or best be quarantined so u dont contaminate the society  tongue

ur team has been doing badly . . .means u have to abandon ur team  undecided

do u gays know what loyalty means if indeed u were ever a gunner at heart . . . . shocked

why do u think the so-called sh@t teams have die-hard supporters  

cos they dont have their cocks in their mouth like u IDIOT CALLED SEYI OR F@CKEVER U ARE CALLED HAS  grin  grin

na me talk say make u dey stalk THONIASLIM   na since dat time wey u dey chase am I no say u no be sensible person . . .so dis ur rants dont mean nada to me  tongue

at least Whitelexi don expose u for Nairaland teytey . . .u don cut ur afro    grin  grin e no easy to be Wole Soyinka o . . . grin  grin

at least Wole get money to clean up unlike u ass-hole wey no get shingbaun to take care of urself . . .Mumu  cool

BRING IT ON U IDIOT  . . .ITS BEEN LONG HAVE BEEN ITCHING FOR SOME ACTION
  cool
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by Akolawole(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2008
@Rikkyjen

Of course, i prefer to meet Arsenal anyday than liverpool.

Though the second leg will now be at the Bridge. I hate a european night at Anfield man!

I feel bad for arsenal because its just 7 minutes to qualification.

@Nightrider

Who will be doing the initiation for you?

Jackal( your arch-enemy in those days when Nairaland  was nairaland)

Or Rikky/Justkunmi/Manu4life grin
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by Akolawole(m): 1:03pm On Apr 09, 2008
@Dr kit

Please meet me on YIM ASAP
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by manu4laif: 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2008
manu4laif:

@akinalabi,
I think I agree with you that at least in Naija there were not many Chelsea fans(I actually only knew of one 10 years ago and he was more a Hoddle fan than anything else,he now supports Wolves).

Truth is people will support clubs for different reasons and you can't deny that they have less passion simply because they started supporting yesterday or 10 years ago.I agree however that time may be an indicator of how true that passion is.
I have this theory which generally describes the categories of football supporters.It's my view you may have yours

1.The Fan:Likes football generally and  tends to lean toward a particular team or teams because of their football,players,manager,success,etc.While someone can be a fan of football for life most club fans usually support for 1-5 years.The fan is also more likely to shift allegiance to other teams when the going gets tough.If you ask me many Chelsea fans today were probably supporting either Manchester United or Arsenal prior to that( or at least definitely not Chelsea).Else where were they then.

2.The Supporter:Loves football. Significantly leans towards a particular team or teams beacuse of passion built over time usually longer than the fan.This passion comes from their past successes,their football,players,etc.The difference between a supporter and a fan really is in the number of years which would give room for ups and downs(to mellow the successes),or exits(if specific players or managers was the reason for the initial support)Many Arsenal supporters got on board because of Kanu but some still remained even after he left(they have moved from being fans to supporters)
Many Manchester United fans came on board during the glory years of the 90s .The fans have left to other clubs(names witheld)while the supporters remain.

3.The Loyalists:In love with football,their football.They know of only one team and they will die for their team.A lot of Manchester United and Arsenal guys claim to be this but you may never truly know until your team has a perenial drought of trophies,begin to play very badly or maybe even move to a lower division.People who support the Nottingham Forests ,West Hams etc of this world may fall into this category.You can only be a loyalist after so many years of support usually not less than 20 for one particular team.It has nothing to do with whether you support a club that has not won a trophy(so a Bolton supporter of 5 years cannot claim to be a loyalist ) I have a friend here in Nigeria who has supported West Ham for 20 years and still does(they've only won 1 trophy in that period,been to lower rungs and back a few times)I knew of the Haywoods and Gabbidons well before they got to the prem through him. It's just love for a team which only time can build.

I think it's good to have this healthy passion.Only thing is a lot of Chelsea fans need to relax and learn their history to be more rounded supporters.There's really nothing bad in supporting a team only yesterday only thing is to try to learn some of their illustrous history even if only the very recent ones to better appreciate their team(bought for 1 pound by Ken Bates,the fantastic players over the years(wise,gullit,vialli,desailly,zola,hughes,dorigo,etc)the search for the then elusive league trophies(won FA Cups and Cup winners cup in the 90s),their continental style football even in England,etc).Then their passion will not be seen as too hollow by opposition supporters.Presently,except for a few Chelsea fans many of them just blow hot air.

WAN UNITED!

Folks,
This was sent during the Chelsea for Life Crusade.  grin . I think the categorisations are still valid. People can support whoever they choose for whatever reasons and for however long.  If Man U starts losing(Amadioha forbid!)  grin  some lillies might bolt. Fact of life so face it.

@Kit, won't say hi until you release the safety catch  cool Easy man

@Akola,
Still watching and assessing this declaration. cool

WAN UNITED cool
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by mavtrevor(m): 1:24pm On Apr 09, 2008
Faithful brothers in Arsenal, please we shouldn't feel down now, cos we lost a match, though wenger has not done well , the french man dont just consider our emotions in sticking to his stiff policies. But all the same , we are Gunners for life and this is time to show what we are made of.

That we lost does not mean our rivals has won the cup, last year we had 3 english clubs and 1 Italian club, what happened?

So, please i beg us all to pray so God can touch wenger's heart for him to add fresh legs to the team cos these boys are tired.They need help.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by tocdee(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2008
B$ You decamp, go check the meaning of the word, 'Supporter'. I am a proud Liverpool fan and can u imagine what it's like not contending for the league? But I stick to the club thru thick and thin. Am I a supporter? -Sure.

You also realize that Teams rise and fall, players come and go but he most lasting part of a club is its support.
SO ask yourself if u're a supporter or someone who love's a permanent high. Hell, even drugs and booze can't offer you that.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by nightrider: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2008
MC omo, i can't start joining issues with a low life mo Bleep like you, don't you have some white people to scam in your 3 naira a min ajegunle cybercafe. Go do some business nigga , your family is starving.

All of you screaming loyalty.  Loyalty. honourable to stick with a club.

It honourable to die for your country, to die for your faith, to die for your family, to die for your means of livelyhood. It ain't honourable to die for a soccer club,  Arsenal is not my hometown club.

Almost 99% of Nigerians started loving Arsenal cause of KANU NWANKWO and after he left we just stuck with the club.  I love Arsenal's style of play, I really used to like Arsene. I was the greatest Thierry Henry fan, Ask Akolawole, Jackal, 4play, viera, They'll tell you that in my my hey Niaraland deys you couldn't tackle me , when it came to the gunners.

But right now i'm fucking tired. And there's nothing wrong with that. Even Players change clubs.  Even coaches change clubs, so whats the big fucking deal.

Right now i'm calling for Arsene Wenger's head. I want his head on a platter. If i don't get it. I want some new players. World class players. We shoulda got Torres, ronaldo, eto, makalele. or i want the league.

When Ferguson wasn't winning during the gunners invincible to the  mourinho years some fans called for him to retire, so theres nuthing fucking wrong with me doing that.

Wenger seems like he's got no plan b. He can't keep waiting for Van persie to be fit. Van persie is slowly becoming like Michael Owen and that scares me.

Buy some players , he is a stingy person, he needs to spend the  money sitting in the coffers. Instead of playing with peoples emotions.  

It's either WENGER is SACKED
WENGER WINS THE LEAGUE
OR A COMMITTEE IS FORMED TO BUY WORLD CLASS PLAYERS FOR WENGER

one of the above must happen. Until then MANCHESTER UNITED LOOKS THE MOST LIKELY TEAM
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by DaJunta(m): 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2008
tocdee:

B$ You decamp, go check the meaning of the word, 'Supporter'. I am a proud Liverpool fan and can u imagine what it's like not contending for the league? But I stick to the club through thick and thin. Am I a supporter? -Sure.

You also realize that Teams rise and fall, players come and go but he most lasting part of a club is its support.
SO ask yourself if u're a supporter or someone who love's a permanent high. Hell, even drugs and booze can't offer you that.

You are absolutely correct, we liverpool fans stick with our clubs and we are proud irrespective of not contending 4d premiership. It was the supporters (12th Man) that helped liverpool gun down d gunners yesterday.

[size=14pt]YNWA[/size]
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by ayusman16(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2008
@Nightrider

U ar damn right in all the points raised. We had all the chances to do well but fatigue and injuries killed us. Wenger knows before but not now!
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by Akolawole(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2008
nightrider:

1) Almost 99% of Nigerians started loving Arsenal cause of KANU NWANKWO and after he left we just stuck with the club.

2)  I love Arsenal's style of play, I really used to like Arsene. I was the greatest Thierry Henry fan, Ask Akolawole, Jackal, 4play, viera, They'll tell you that in my my hey Niaraland deys you couldn't tackle me , when it came to the gunners.

3)  Even Players change clubs.  Even coaches change clubs

1) 100% right

2) In those days, nobody dare say anything against arsenal on Nairaland. Heaven will fall

3) Abi o. But nightrider, its is difficult. Where are you going to start?  United's anthem?

Well good luck.

I am sure you'll be back when Arsene start buying now grin
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by mavtrevor(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2008
Wenger's stiff policy is not making things easier for us, we all know. the dough is there but his stingy nature wont let him spend it. I still believe in Arsene but he just have to be flexible enough to change some of his policies, you know football is someone's business, looka t how much he has made for Arsenal since he took over, but he should also remember tht w the fans stake our money  and emotion into every single game Arsenal play as a team. I wont call for his head, cos i still believe in him , but i think we need alot of changes, what will someone like Adebayor,diaby,Gallas,Eboue and even Toure be doing in Arsenal? We have to throw them away for nothing and get players who are ready to win titles to our great team.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by nightrider: 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2008
My broda

The team is dying from fatigue.

Fabregas has played almost every game, The poor boys leg has given up. Teams don't win the league, squads do. We don't have a true striker you can rely on. Adebayor is made out of KANU'e rememnant.

We need players
or we need a new coach
or we need a director of football.

Or just buy players.

I cannot die young cuz of arsenal.
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by tkb417(m): 2:02pm On Apr 09, 2008
@Nightrider
welcome my brother,
ure welcome to the home of champions where u wont hve to die of hay fever cos u wanna support a team.
Let Arsenal die, na ur father get am?
Loyalty ko loyalty ni

@MC
whats the meaning of all these things u typed up cos the guy said hes decamping?
Thoniaslim, afro, Seyi et al because of Arsenal and Man United talk?
whats the correlation? u no dey shame sef?
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by MrPataki1: 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2008
@ Poster,

We don hear you. bye bye. Remember to create a thread next season when you are returning to the Gunners camp. We are having it poor at the moment, you decided to switch camps. grin

A proud Gunner I will always remain, for better for worse. cool
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by nightrider: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2008
The only way wenger will see my face is

1. WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON

2. BUY 6 WORLD CLASS PLAYERS

3. SELL GILBERTO, HOYTE, TRAORE, EBOUE, LEHMANN,

4. GET FIRED FOR NOT DOING ANY OF THE ABOVE.

apart from  this i'm hating Wenger and Arsenal right now. !!
Re: No Longer An Arsenal Fan. Going To Manchester United by SamMilla1(m): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2008
You are welcomed to MAN UNITED. I hope Mukina2 will join you.I hate how she feels when Arsenal looses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Manchester United Withdraw From European Super League / Arsenal Players Salaries List 2013-14contract Expiry Dates / Dennis Bergkamp: Tribute To A Legend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.