Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,345 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:18 PM

South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (55856 Views)

Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:16pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Your problem is that you like to focus on the bad and concentrate on the bad and the more you do that, the more you will continue to see bad in everyone. Unfortunately for example the islamic terrorist, a lot of people may see muslims such as iraqi"s and iranians as terrorist or may be suspicious of them but that does not mean everybody feels that way. Nigerians unfortunately have a bad reputation abroad but not everyone thinks they are bad or judges them. Everywhere you go, you will get individuals who are not open minded so just see things black and white and cannot see the good and you are starting to fall in that category. Believe me not everyone hates Nigerians. There are some Nigerians who are married to south africans, who are friends with us. You say the media shows nigeria in a bad way the same way it may make us seem like south africa is very xenophobic. Let those who hate, hate. It is their issue, rather focus all that anger and bitterness on something else. Because the more you hate or dispised something or someone, you will never be able to see the good in them. I cannot say much about Ghanaians in Ghana but the ones here that i know do not have any problems with Nigerians because i have attended even a few of functions, weddings etc and there are alot of Nigerians there. Even we as South Africans rather feel that at times you guys( Nig, Ghan, Zim etc) get together and bash south africans but i know that not everyone is like that also it is human nature to say something bad or talk about someone but what makes it different is when it turns to extreme hatred. So just try not to be biased in your thinking. Even if you meet 5000 South Africans who hate NIgerians, it does not represent every south african in South Africa and worldwide.

Wow.. a wise head you have

3 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:18pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Is this now a dating thread as such? I don't want to be accused of jealousy before anything else.

It is not a dating thread but its better than the miasma of hate it was some few pages ago
Is that not better

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 04, 2013
^ what i am trying to say is that nigeria does the same thing too. You have this aura that you are better than other african countries not just the giants of africa too and if you cannot see that then you are a very biased individual. I can atleast admit that a lot of south africans have the view that South African is the better(it is true in a way with regards to infrastructure etc) and a lot have not travelled outside these shores so are still under the view about other african countries just like how americans etc are under the view of africa. But NIgerians do it too so its not just limited to SOuth AFrica.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

It is not a dating thread but its better than the miasma of hate it was some few pages ago
Is that not better
It is better. But, it is gradually derailing the topic.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:20pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Now, back to topic, without any information coming from the press as to what extent this issue has been addressed. My question is. What has the SA leaders done about it?

The first point of call is the governments of the two nations to be officially notified via the police

Then the investigation can start
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by druid06(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
^ what i am trying to say is that nigeria does the same thing too. You have this aura that you are better than other african countries not just the giants of africa too and if you cannot see that then you are a very biased individual. I can atleast admit that a lot of south africans have the view that South African is the better(it is true in a way with regards to infrastructure etc) and a lot have not travelled outside these shores so are still under the view about other african countries just like how americans etc are under the view of africa. But NIgerians do it too so its not just limited to SOuth AFrica.

Okay, we've heard your point Auntie. Now unto better things!.

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Did you see where SA got it all wrong why carrying that puffiness around? They tend to blame others of their crimes and attack innocent people on the streets. You must agree with me there is element of harm in SA aura of puffiness. That is a negativity in this whole argument. Just imagine the topic we are addressing.

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:25pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: It is better. But, it is gradually derailing the topic.

Thanks it is much better

PHEW!!

2 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

The first point of call is the governments of the two nations to be officially notified via the police

Then the investigation can start

Is there any evidence to that? If there is and what is the level of things?
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Goodysydney: 8:27pm On May 04, 2013
a*Semuhle*Baby*:
Its not about pretending but about manners. In life you will not always like someone but that does not mean you should conduct yourself in a rude and agressive manner(no offence intended).
I only treat people the way I meet them. U can't abuse me and expect me to bless u. Am not Jesus christ or father Xmas Nigeria leaders who helps some ungreatful Africa countries in the name of Big Brother Africa.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:27pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Is the any evidence to that? If there is and what is the level of things?

I have no information
It may interest you that the original story may be false cheesy

It does not mean the prevailing beef is not
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Did you see where SA got it all wrong why carrying that puffiness around? They tend to blame others of their crimes and attack innocent people on the streets. You must agree with me there is element of harm in SA aura of puffiness. That is a negativity in this whole argument. Just imagine the topic we are addressing.
I agree with you on that, no innocent person should be attacked whether Nigerian, Zimbabwean,somalian etc and i agree that there are some xenophobic ppl out there who attack ppl just because they are foreigners. But like i said crime is a big problem in Sa. We are all getting affected by it. This incident is not the first of its kind. The same thing happened to a German couple and a SOuth african couple. I guess when you are a foreigner you are an easier target and i still have a funny feeling that their driver was involved somehow. Lets just wait and see what happens.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Did you see where SA got it all wrong why carrying that puffiness around? They tend to blame others of their crimes and attack innocent people on the streets. You must agree with me there is element of harm in SA aura of puffiness. That is a negativity in this whole argument. Just imagine the topic we are addressing.
*Semuhle*Baby*:
I agree with you on that, no innocent person should be attacked whether Nigerian, Zimbabwean,somalian etc and i agree that there are some xenophobic ppl out there who attack ppl just because they are foreigners. But like i said crime is a big problem in Sa. We are all getting affected by it. This incident is not the first of its kind. The same thing happened to a German couple and a SOuth african couple. I guess when you are a foreigner you are an easier target and i still have a funny feeling that their driver was involved somehow. Lets just wait and see what happens.

wow... so all4naija can have a convo like this...

Jah be praised

dancing azonto...

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by druid06(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

I have no information
It may interest you that the original story may be false cheesy

It does not mean the prevailing beef is not

Ah! So you mean we've been battling for nothing angry
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 8:35pm On May 04, 2013
druid06:

Ah! So you mean we've been battling for nothing angry

I never said it was false or otherwise
But interesting choice of words... battling
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2013
biolabee:

wow... so all4naija can have a convo like this...

Jah be praised

dancing azonto...
grin grin grin

What is azonto? I always see people using that term here without me having any idea of it.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:45pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
That was a resounding response you got there. I think you are among South Africans I have come to see in a honest light in this forum.

However, something needs to be done about the situation before it gets out of hand(if not already out of hand). It is a fact the government has not taken the security of foreigners serious, judging by this your comment. In any nation that is civilized the security of the people is very important and tantamount to how the society will be viewed. There is a reason why this criminals frown at their government ineptitude to follow their actions, which might be due to the lackadaisical nature of the government to police those responsible and be dealt with accordingly.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 04, 2013
^Very true, our government needs to do more, even some of our police officers have failed us. But you guys need to do something too, otherwise unfortunately it may not be taken as seriously. Your GOvernment needs to show more interest too for its people. If this was an american official am sure someone would have already come down and more would have been done.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 04, 2013
The local police in SA should get to the root of this incident.

"I weep for Naija diplomats" cry
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by HARDDON: 8:55pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
^Very true, our government needs to do more, even some of our police officers have failed us. But you guys need to do something too, otherwise unfortunately it may not be taken as seriously. Your GOvernment needs to show more interest too for its people. If this was an american official am sure someone would have already come down and more would have been done.

Nice to see ladies dabbling into political planes.

Tot it was all about Finance and Romance ....hohoho
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 04, 2013
HARDDON:

Nice to see ladies dabbling into political planes.

Tot it was all about Finance and Romance ....hohoho
lol u are funny. But ya am an alrounded individual from politics all the way to romance so you may see me on a variety of topics
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2013
CFCfan: The local police in SA should get to the root of this incident.

lol
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
lol u are funny. But ya am an alrounded individual from politics all the way to romance so you may see me on a variety of topics
Lol... You only have over 135 posts in this forum.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
lol

That's how I see it. But this incident shouldn't in any way, lead to a breakdown in diplomatic relations between both countries.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: Lol... You only have over 135 posts in this forum.
i just started luv, in time you will see lol

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:03pm On May 04, 2013
@ Semuhle, you handled this so well, keep it up babe
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 04, 2013
CFCfan:

That's how I see it. But this incident shouldn't in any way, lead to a breakdown in diplomatic relations between both countries.
Very true and i doubt it will change any relations. I hope those criminals are caught because a crime is a crime.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 04, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: @ Semuhle, you handled this so well, keep it up babe
Thanks luv
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by HARDDON: 9:05pm On May 04, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:

Oh yea?

You must be some kïnd of balanced diet den .....

What is your doctor prescribed dosage... Cos me need some balanced diet .

Or maybe Compact news. So i dnt get to worry much, just wake up, dail you up and get all needed news from all around .
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2013
all4naija: grin grin grin

What is azonto? I always see people using that term here without me having any idea of it.

Ita a dance style (mind you invented by our GH brothers and we love it!)..

Even ZA ladies love it

just watch the MTN toy and u will see the dance
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:06pm On May 04, 2013
CFCfan: The local police in SA should get to the root of this incident.

Uncle Emeka, the south african police department is not the LAPD
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 04, 2013
HARDDON:

Oh yea?

You must be some kïnd of balanced diet den .....

What is your doctor prescribed dosage... Cos me need some balanced diet .

Or maybe Compact news. So i dnt get to worry much, just wake up, dail you up and get all needed news from all around .
sure thing bruv, will even top it up with breakfast to start ur day off :-p

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (52) (Reply)

Armed Forces Deployed In Lagos (pictures) / Gulak: We Can No Longer Coexist With Igbos In Nigeria – Northern Coalition / Olujonwo, Obasanjo's Son Embracing His Father After Declaring Support For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.