Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,407 members, 7,881,478 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:51 PM

South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! - Politics (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (55793 Views)

Gunmen Shoot At Pius Odubu In Auchi / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 3:26am On May 05, 2013
The show of hatred for nigerians by south africans didn't start on nairaland. "nigerians should keep off", "no nigerian", "only crazy south african girls marry nigerian men"...these are words quoted from different south africans on a social media site. I can only remember just few of them. It's just impossible for any mad nigerian-leave the sane out of this-to express such a high degree of hatred towards any people. Forget about the way we tongue-lash you people here, it ends here. We respect strangers most at times more than ourselves. I know some south africans who are very good, but to say the fact most south africans hate nigerians and i think it's much out of envy than anything else. The people i quoted above hate nigerians because they use their wealth to influence people. You need to read these people's updates in their pure form. It scared me away from going to south africa for my m.sc. and i'm praying for my brother who's on study there to come back home alive.

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 5:21am On May 05, 2013
enigma_otr: The show of hatred for nigerians by south africans didn't start on nairaland. "nigerians should keep off", "no nigerian", "only crazy south african girls marry nigerian men"...these are words quoted from different south africans on a social media site. I can only remember just few of them. It's just impossible for any mad nigerian-leave the sane out of this-to express such a high degree of hatred towards any people. Forget about the way we tongue-lash you people here, it ends here. We respect strangers most at times more than ourselves. I know some south africans who are very good, but to say the fact most south africans hate nigerians and i think it's much out of envy than anything else. The people i quoted above hate nigerians because they use their wealth to influence people. You need to read these people's updates in their pure form. It scared me away from going to south africa for my m.sc. and i'm praying for my brother who's on study there to come back home alive.

OMG, where do you get these things, the fact is that alot of Nigerian in SA are into shady activities, there are many law abiding Nigerians here who live a comfortable life and no one ever bothers them. The fact is that alot of Nigerians who are victimized here are involved in some criminal act and accusations of zenophobia are always thrown around whenever their criminal activities are exposed, that's a fact. If your brother doesn't get involved with the wrong crowd, nothing will happen to him. I'm not saying the people here are angels, that's far from the truth, but Nigerians contribute alot to the negative feelings that locals have against them.

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by londoner: 9:26am On May 05, 2013
zetdee:

OMG, where do you get these things, the fact is that alot of Nigerian in SA are into shady activities, there are many law abiding Nigerians here who live a comfortable life and no one ever bothers them. The fact is that alot of Nigerians who are victimized here are involved in some criminal act and accusations of zenophobia are always thrown around whenever their criminal activities are exposed, that's a fact. If your brother doesn't get involved with the wrong crowd, nothing will happen to him. I'm not saying the people here are angels, that's far from the truth, but Nigerians contribute alot to the negative feelings that locals have against them.

So if you know there are many law abiding Nigerians living in SA, why do your people only talk about our bad eggs?

The way your people talk is asif those law abiding citizens of Nigeria do not actually exist....its time you also talk about those Nigerians also.

3 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:39am On May 05, 2013
zetdee:

It's very true that many south africans hate nigerians not only because of some few bad eggs living there-may be it is-but drawing conclusions that all nigerians are bad is just unfair. Why would someone say something like "if you know you're a nigerian, don't say hi" on a social media? Prof. Wole Soyinka was detained in south africa sometime ago. Is he also a bad guy? I don't see a south african of equal status with the professor being detained like that in nigeria. We have bad guys from other countries here too but we don't see the rest of them as bad. The south africans feel threatened by nigerians. Period! I was very young during the aparthy against black african and i never thought they deserved it. I wished i could wipe out all those bastards then, but i feel disappointed knowing these same south africans don't feel the same way.
I love mandela, i love lucky dube, i love brenda and all my precious south african friends and no amount of hate shown towards nigerian by some bad as$ south africans will change that. But to be honest, nairaland will be boring without "word" wars between people here and don't want it to stop. I come online most of the time to entertain myself by reading the comments.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2013
enigma_otr:
It's very true that many south africans hate nigerians not only because of some few bad eggs living there-may be it is-but drawing conclusions that all nigerians are bad is just unfair. Why would someone say something like "if you know you're a nigerian, don't say hi" on a social media? Prof. Wole Soyinka was detained in south africa sometime ago. Is he also a bad guy? I don't see a south african of equal status with the professor being detained like that in nigeria. We have bad guys from other countries here too but we don't see the rest of them as bad. The south africans feel threatened by nigerians. Period! I was very young during the aparthy against black african and i never thought they deserved it. I wished i could wipe out all those bastards then, but i feel disappointed knowing these same south africans don't feel the same way.
I love mandela, i love lucky dube, i love brenda and all my precious south african friends and no amount of hate shown towards nigerian by some bad as$ south africans will change that. But to be honest, nairaland will be boring without "word" wars between people here and don't want it to stop. I come online most of the time to entertain myself by reading the comments.

good post until you spoilt it with the bolded
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by khukhi(f): 11:16am On May 05, 2013
zetdee:

Here's a link

www.kuvukiland.com
Someone's been watching too much of Leon schusters' Mama Jack gringringrin
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by khukhi(f): 11:24am On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
I think most countries in africa dislike Nigerians not just because of the presumed drugs or 419 but because of your attitude. I think it is just the nature of Nigerians to be a boastful or arrogant nation as can be seen by threads accusing ppl of hating because you ppl are the best and everyone else is jealous but why not put pride aside and be on the unbiased side and look at it from a different perspective. If for example 50 ppl came and told me i am short tempered why must i be like oh everybody is jealous of me because i am the best. Why not think, wait a min, maybe there is some truth to it if i look deep down inside afterall 50 ppl have mentioned this to me. South Africa is not perfect and we have a lot of problems but Nigeria is not and so are Nigerians. You at like you are so innocent and the whole world is against you yet a lot of times there are reasons why people are like that. You do have that thing about being better than everyone else and it's not only with South Africans who have experienced and noticed this, it is with other nationalities as well.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by khukhi(f): 11:30am On May 05, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Is it true that you are mixed breeds too? That would explain the cowardice and extreme violence against kids lipsrsealed

Are you saying that being a mixed breed results in cowardice and violent behaviour...
#SMH# undecided
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by khukhi(f): 11:48am On May 05, 2013
I'm watching a movie called the 1st grader which is bout an 84yr old ex Mai mai fighter who fights to get an education at the age of 80.These people would take an oath to fight the white mans regime until death. They would be captured and tortured and be forced to renounce the oath. A lot of them died instead of giving in. It just reminds of the sacrifices our elders went through for us to have the freedom that we have in this continent today.

I think we should always remember that. We should not allow the hatred and violence that collonialism has embedded in our society to thrive.

When you read through some of the posts here,you realise how disturbed we are as a people. If its not country against country,then its tribe against tribe...its out of hand.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by biolabee(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2013
khukhi: I'm watching a movie called the 1st grader which is bout an 84yr old ex Mai mai fighter who fights to get an education at the age of 80.These people would take an oath to fight the white mans regime until death. They would be captured and tortured and be forced to renounce the oath. A lot of them died instead of giving in. It just reminds of the sacrifices our elders went through for us to have the freedom that we have in this continent today.

I think we should always remember that. We should not allow the hatred and violence that collonialism has embedded in our society to thrive.

When you read through some of the posts here,you realise how disturbed we are as a people. If its not country against country,then its tribe against tribe...its out of hand.

bolded true....
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 12:19pm On May 05, 2013
We should make a law forcing everyone to marry from another African country
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 05, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: We should make a law forcing everyone to marry from another African country
you just killed it! cool
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 05, 2013
CAMNEWTON4PRES: We should make a law forcing everyone to marry from another African country
Then there will be no more Cameroonians, Nigerians, South African etc and our culture would be lost. I disagree with this.

1 Like

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Then there will be no more Cameroonians, Nigerians, South African etc and our culture would be lost. I disagree with this.

Please b honest how exactly how are you practicing your culture? By going to church? Wearing g-strings? I bet you can spend a day without saying a word in your language..let's stop fooling ourselves...and enough with the hypocrisy. Your lots don't mind copying Western stuffs(esp the bad side) but want to preach culture when you are around others Africans(ur brothers)

So you can marry someone who is not from your ethnicity right?

To build up an unity we all have to abandon some stuffs.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
how else could we become one? I want peace FVCk culture
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 05, 2013
^^^What's wrong with "culture?" undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 05, 2013
sheyie2007: how else could we become one? I want peace FVCk culture
Even in your own country as all Nigerians is the peace? This is not the solution, rather we need to be able to have a better understanding of one another, toleration and patience only then will we have peace.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 05, 2013
londoner:

So if you know there are many law abiding Nigerians living in SA, why do your people only talk about our bad eggs?

The way your people talk is asif those law abiding citizens of Nigeria do not actually exist....its time you also talk about those Nigerians also.
That is where the problem lies. They act as if the world starts and ends around them. There is clear fact there are more Nigerians in other part of the world than SA without such harm and dehumanizing actions we receive daily from South Africans are be reported. That alone is something to worry about.

There are over a million Nigerians in the UK alone and we are not hearing the UK government telling us Nigerians are responsible for all the crimes committed their society.

These Zulu people have issues with Nigerians though.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 05, 2013
all4naija: That is where the problem lies. They act as if the world starts and ends around them. There is clear fact there are more Nigerians in other part of the world than SA without such harm and dehumanizing actions we receive daily from South Africans are be reported. That alone is something to worry about.

There are over a million Nigerians in the UK alone and we are not hearing the UK government telling us Nigerians are responsible for all the crimes committed their society.

These Zulu people have issues with Nigerians though.
Why are you isolating zulus the most, do you not know of other tribes and people in SA? You have no idea what you are talking about am sorry to say.

2 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:21pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Even in your own country as all Nigerians is the peace? This is not the solution, rather we need to be able to have a better understanding of one another, toleration and patience only then will we have peace.
Peace is over exaggerated in this your comment. It doesn't just come like that not until what the other side demanded must be equally meant. In this case to stop attacking innocent Africans on the streets and calling them all sorts of slurs. For peace to reign South Africans must stop incriminating and attacking innocent Nigerians.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 05, 2013

As long as we get to choose from which country.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
Why are you isolating zulus the most, do you not know of other tribes and people in SA? You have no idea what you are talking about am sorry to say.
Well, Zulu as a culture as well as people broadly represent much of that society. So, there is nothing wrong using it as a representation of the people of SA to a wide extent.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 05, 2013
all4naija: Peace is over exaggerated in this your comment. It doesn't just come like that not until what the other side demanded must be equally meant. In this case to stop attacking innocent Africans on the streets and calling them all sorts of slurs. For peace to reign South Africans must stop incriminating and attacking innocent Nigerians.
You have been very redundant that South Africans are just attacking random "innocent" people on the street which i have answered over and over again which brings me to the point that you just want to hate South Africans. By all means carry on, its obvious nothing i say will change your mind and feelings towards us. So what exactly did a South African do to you, because it sounds like its a personal thing?

2 Likes

Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:

We are talking in general not only about SA , I mean all the African countries are concerned, some more but we are all concerned
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 05, 2013
xhosanostraZAR:

As long as we get to choose from which country.

I don't think that will b. Problem lol ....eh eh you are free to choose the country
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 05, 2013
*Semuhle*Baby*:
You have been very redundant that South Africans are just attacking random "innocent" people on the street which i have answered over and over again which brings me to the point that you just want to hate South Africans. By all means carry on, its obvious nothing i say will change your mind and feelings towards us. So what exactly did a South African do to you, because it sounds like its a personal thing?
You are taking a side with this your statement. I don't hate South Africans, that is very obvious. It is very pronounced in my comments that I hate what they do to African immigrants in their society. The harm they mete to innocent Africans in their streets is unseen elsewhere. No other African nation can boast of reporting such harm at a magnitude.

If you thought I will stop talking about it you thought wrong, because another statement will lead to referring back to it. It is like a fresh wound. Not until your people change and let the wound heal itself my disagree with your people will linger in this forum and in other places.

I am not hating, I am for the good of everybody and the continent. And, things must be stated as they are.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

I don't think that will b. Problem lol ....eh eh you are free to choose the country

Good! grin wink
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 05, 2013
all4naija: Well, Zulu as a culture as well as people broadly represent much of that society. So, there is nothing wrong using it as a representation of the people of SA to a wide extent.
This shows how ignorant you are in your thinking, so i guess since Hausa/fulani are the largest tribe in Nigeria hence Hausa/fulani in Sa are doing drugs and 419, then it represents that the vast majority of Huasa/fulani are bad. Can you not see what a faulty analogy this is. Come on now was expecting better from you.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 05, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

So what happens to the countries most will not choose from. Then it defeats the whole purpose does it not?
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 05, 2013
How can one differentiate between a xhosa and zulu?
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 05, 2013
Somebody talked of tolerance when others are not been given the right to acceptance, is still a challenge to me. Must we all fall down and bow before we are shown tolerance in SA? That I cannot comprehend in some comments by South Africans in this forum.
Re: South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 05, 2013
all4naija: Somebody talked of tolerance when others are not been given the right to acceptance, is still a challenge to me. Must we all fall down and bow before we are shown tolerance in SA? That I cannot comprehend in some comments by South Africans in this forum.

Why are you running after these people everywhere on this forum? - are you not tired of fighting with them? undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (52) (Reply)

Obasanjo Brings Out His Tongue For With Buhari In Ethiopia: Caption Photo / Picture Of The First Generation Of Nigerian Army Officers / Revolution: DSS Arrests Omoyele Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.