Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,031 members, 7,970,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise (45013 Views)

9 Ways Girls Display Jealousy When They See Their Boyfriend With Another Girl / I Need A Boyfriend With A Dick Like Dat Of Molla(oko Mola). 12.inches. / Woman Dumps Cheating Boyfriend With A 'Romantic' Note (READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:44pm On May 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: @OP
- do you think that what you did is "now" something RIGHT to do, simply because you made that mistake?
- are you saying that being attracted to another man is ALL what it takes to justify cheating on your partner?
- have you confessed to your partner that you cheated on him, the person that gave you trust etc?!
- how exactly do you intend to RIGHT the WRONG you did, and help future people that may be in your predicament?
- if you now believe that it is ok to cheat (for whatever flimsy reason) then the only reason you didnt do that before was NOT because you were a GOOD partner, but simply because you had not met the proper person to cheat on your partner with.

Actually, I have met a lot of men I find attractive but the thought of cheating never crossed my mind and if it ever did, I always applied reasoning. I can't begin to have a warped mindset because of a mistake, I can't accept that cheating is okay, but that it can open if one is not careful. I am trying to right this wrong by ending this truly. I haven't been able to confide in anyone that's why I came to this forum.

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:48pm On May 12, 2013
Enegod: reasons why you cheated on your bf with a married man;
1.your bf couldn't satisfy you financially and you now turn to runz gal...you were attracted to his wealth or
2. your bf couldn't satisfy you sexually,maybe his tyn is like his last finger...and you startd looking for married men coz you were told they have experience..
op may God forgive you

Actually God already has! I just need to make sure to forgive myself and move on. As for the reasons you think the incident occurred, that's just silly.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Actually, I have met a lot of men I find attractive but the thought of cheating never crossed my mind and if it ever did, I always applied reasoning. I can't begin to have a warped mindset because of a mistake, I can't accept that cheating is okay, but that it can open if one is not careful. I am trying to right this wrong by ending this truly. I haven't been able to confide in anyone that's why I came to this forum.

what made this man "ok" to cheat with and not the others? thinking the way you do, then i can safely say that (in your opinion) everything is right in this world, as soon as you do it (even though it makes no sense or aint RIGHT). the sad fact about your actions is that you didnt have to cheat, you could have broken up with your BF and then go be with that other guy, BUT you instead decided to do it WRONGLY by cheating, and now you have the audacity to come here and say that we shouldnt judge or say never. you are focusing on what you did, instead of asking yourself the important question, which is:"were your actions RIGHT or WRONG?" and "could you have done it RIGHT?"

cheating can only happen if people are thinking with their coochies and dikcs instead of using their brains.the reason you cheated is purely in your mind, as you could have done this RIGHT, but you were weak, selfish and definitely greedy at that moment and decided to cheat instead.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 10:55pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:

Actually God already has! I just need to make sure to forgive myself and move on. As for the reasons you think the incident occurred, that's just silly.
I'm crying for your boyfriend already.. My own is still fresh a bit so looking at this again... Too bad..
Better apologise well when you finally confess
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 10:57pm On May 12, 2013
Okay, does doing the right thing mean that I have to let my boyfriend know what went down? I mean really, how will that help? I am not trying to eat and have any cake, just wondering how that is supposed to help.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Okay, does doing the right thing mean that I have to let my boyfriend know what went down? I mean really, how will that help? I am not trying to eat and have any cake, just wondering how that is supposed to help.

doing the right thing means you SHOULD have thought about this BEFORE doing something wrong. it was very easy to fix, but you chose the wrong path. what you wrote is as crazy as saying that murder is not wrong and possibly "ok", simply because a murderer regrets killing someone, highly laughable!!!

you need to come correct with your bf so he doesnt feel that he has done anything wrong. you may not have to tell him the gross deceitful act that you did, but at least he has to know that you are the ONLY one to be blamed here.

btw, you have already eaten and had your cake too the minute you cheated, thats what cheating is all about.

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:02pm On May 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

what made this man "ok" to cheat with and not the others? thinking the way you do, then i can safely say that (in your opinion) everything is right in this world, as soon as you do it (even though it makes no sense or aint RIGHT). the sad fact about your actions is that you didnt have to cheat, you could have broken up with your BF and then go be with that other guy, BUT you instead decided to do it WRONGLY by cheating, and now you have the audacity to come here and say that we shouldnt judge or say never. you are focusing on what you did, instead of asking yourself the important question, which is:"were your actions RIGHT or WRONG?" and "could you have done it RIGHT?"

cheating can only happen if people are thinking with their coochies and dikcs instead of using their brains.the reason you cheated is purely in your mind, as you could have done this RIGHT, but you were weak, selfish and definitely greedy at that moment and decided to cheat instead.

Hmmm, Yes I was weak and selfish. Stop assuming I think my actions were okay. I wonder why that seems to be the popular opinion. Did I somehow express that?
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by trappatoni(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
there are two masters in the world-the spirit and the self. in the begining it was only the spirit,the self came into being when adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit-when they ate the forbidden fruit they fell into soul sleep and saw their unclothedness but its just an illusion its not real,everything that comes from the self is not real and will perish.everything that comes from the spirit will endure forever.DO NOT JUSTIFY YOURSELF ,RETURN TO YOUR SPIRITUAL ORIGIN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Okay, does doing the right thing mean that I have to let my boyfriend know what went down? I mean really, how will that help? I am not trying to eat and have any cake, just wondering how that is supposed to help.
Look at you.. I knew it, you were seriously considering not telling him. So if you end the relationship, you'll just give a filmsy excuse and say that's why? Did you even read my post on the previous page ? Do you think he'll just let you go like that? Does 4 years not mean anything to you? Where you ever who you Said you were?
And when you're asking bout help? You should have put it well. How will telling him help ME ?because that is really what you want to know, doing the right thing will help him so forget about yourself for now.
Jeez, and you'll come here and be talking don't judge me...

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:05pm On May 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

doing the right thing means you SHOULD have thought about this BEFORE doing something wrong. it was very easy to fix, but you chose the wrong path. what you wrote is as crazy as saying that murder is not wrong and possibly "ok", simply because a murderer regrets killing someone, highly laughable!!!

you need to come correct with your bf so he doesnt feel that he has done anything wrong. you may not have to tell him the gross deceitful act that you did, but at least he has to know that you are the ONLY one to be blamed here.

btw, you have already eaten and had your cake too the minute you cheated, thats what cheating is all about.

No use pointing out what I should or shouldn't have done seeing that it is a lil too late for that. Now, as regards coming clean, are you saying I don't have to tell him about my moment of weakness?
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera: Hmmm, Yes I was weak and selfish. Stop assuming I think my actions were okay. I wonder why that seems to be the popular opinion. Did I somehow express that?

then if you believe your actions were wrong, then who cares whether people do it or not? what you should have said is that you were selfish and weak at a certain time in your life, and due to that fact you decided (as a grown person) to do something that you knew was wrong, and you are fully to be blamed for that......instead of trying to make us believe that it could happen to anyone of us, simply because it happened to you.

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:
No use pointing out what I should or shouldn't have done seeing that it is a lil too late for that. Now, as regards coming clean, are you saying I don't have to tell him about my moment of weakness?

put yourself in his shoes, and ask yourself this question:"if you were in love with someone, and that person dumped you for no apparent reason, would you like to know the exact reason why?" IMHO, you should tell him exactly why you broke up with him, and at least DO RIGHT in this very wrong situation that you put yourself into.but if you cant, then at least just make him understand that he certainly didnt do anything wrong.

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by WackyJ1(m): 11:09pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:

Hmmm, Yes I was weak and selfish. Stop assuming I think my actions were okay. I wonder why that seems to be the popular opinion. Did I somehow express that?
NO you didn't express that it's what you're not expressing that is making us think that you are okay with your actions.
In other words i and i believe other people who have read your posts, cannot sense remorse or regret from your words.. And yes we should be able a sense a bit of it even though it is an online faceless forum

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:10pm On May 12, 2013
trappatoni: there are two masters in the world-the spirit and the self. in the begining it was only the spirit,the self came into being when adam and eve ate the forbidden fruit-when they ate the forbidden fruit they fell into soul sleep and saw their unclothedness but its just an illusion its not real,everything that comes from the self is not real and will perish.everything that comes from the spirit will endure forever.DO NOT JUSTIFY YOURSELF ,RETURN TO YOUR SPIRITUAL ORIGIN BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

Thank you for this. I actually have been taking steps to return to my level of spirituality and its really tough. I mean this has never happened to me before, I used to be a strong advocate of no sex before marriage only to fall for this! Its quite pathetic I just thank God for His mercies and grace to stand strong again. I feel I need to focus on myself that is why I asked for a break from my partner.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:15pm On May 12, 2013
MrbrownJay: we are on a break, I didn't dump him, that is not possible! I just really do need this time to sort things out. It's just sooooo hard that I'm going through this alone. This is the first time I am speaking to anyone about this.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 12, 2013
Aleovera:
Hello house,

I have been a consistent guest on this forum and decided to hop on to the next level by becoming a member.. yayy smiley

Okay so, as regards the subject, let me start by giving a brief description of myself or the sort of person I used to be. I used to think of myself as really disciplined, principled and one who would never compromise her values or standards. Also, I used to be so quick to pass judgement. I never could understand why girls dated married men and deluded themselves into thinking they were in love! Not only did I find such circumstances disgustingly annoying but also judged the ladies as silly, stupid, gullible, irresponsible, thoughtless, selfish and cruel!

I also had zero tolerance for people who cheat on their partners. I saw them as discontented and highly undisciplined individuals.

However, I have had reason to change my perspectives as a result of some recent happenings in my life!

I cheated on my partner with a married man! shocked I am totally shocked at myself! The crazy part of this is that I think I fell in love with this married man! My boo and I are tight and have been together for well over 4years and I always thought I could never be attracted to any other man. I have tried to put an end to this craziness because it just ain't worth it but its so hard.

The purpose of this thread is to:
1) Let you all who think so highly of yourself to be careful lest you fall. Never say never! Never think you are too disciplined or smart or principled to fall for certain temptations. Those who know me will never believe me if I tell them I fell for adultery (I can't even believe myself)

2)Seek counsel from people who have gone through this kind of stuff. You had an affair you knew you had to get out of but just couldn't, how did you deal with it.

What I have been doing lately is praying and deliberately not contacting this married dude. (I still find myself thinking about him)I also told my boo I needed a break!

Please let's discuss maturely as I believe there are so many people going through this kinda stuff but cant share with anyone because of the fear of condemnation and peoples hypocritical and self righteous attitude!
Troll alert!
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:23pm On May 12, 2013
WackyJ1:
Look at you.. I knew it, you were seriously considering not telling him. So if you end the relationship, you'll just give a filmsy excuse and say that's why? Did you even read my post on the previous page ? Do you think he'll just let you go like that? Does 4 years not mean anything to you? Where you ever who you Said you were?
And when you're asking bout help? You should have put it well. How will telling him help ME ?because that is really what you want to know, doing the right thing will help him so forget about yourself for now.
Jeez, and you'll come here and be talking don't judge me...

Lol, oga please take it easy. Actually, I meant how will telling him help him! Believe me, I am not thinking of myself when I ask that question. I am not ending the relationship, I am just scared that if this could happen at this time, then I have to be really careful. Infact, the relationship is over 5yrs and we are in different states. We have been coping well and recently got engaged. Now the fact that this happened got me scared and shocked at what I am capable of.

Lately on NL I have read about how a fiancee cheated and a married woman cheated and it got me worried. I need to really deal with myself separately.
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by czay(m): 11:35pm On May 12, 2013
@OP

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Aleovera: 11:48pm On May 12, 2013
I really do feel a lot better. Guess I didn't know how much weight I have been carrying around. Thank you MrbrownJay and Wacky. Your opinions are highly valued. Ogugua thanks too. Your response was just the harsh truth I needed to hear.

I am going to do the right thing and keep you guys posted. smiley
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Enegod(m): 11:57pm On May 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
Simple. Greed and selfishness.

And oh before we forget, the man too has some blame in this. It am blaming the OP not cos she cheated with a married man but because she cheated.

The fault of a married man cheating is on the man himself. The OP has no business with the wife as she did not swear in front of God and man to her, he did
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by DigitalSignal(m): 12:19am On May 13, 2013
Aleovera:

cheesy Of course not! That would be mighty silly of me. Actually, this situation has made me more open minded, realizing how careful I should be about taking things for granted. Before now, I didn't have issues relating with men, married or not because I thought certain boundaries can NEVER be crossed! But with this situation, I thread veeeeery carefully knowing temptations happen and the seemingly untouchable can fall carelessly.

The truth of the matter is that your interest in your boyfriend is weakened, having been with him for this long period of time! And again you've been greatly influenced by your friends to view their perspective on issues like this as not being totally wrong! They made you see why it's not wrong to have an affair with a married man! And as it would happen, this man was around the corner, ready to get you spoilt and you decided to give it a try since your friends say it's ok!

Your wanting to leave now is not because you love your boyfriend or that you feel you're hurting him, but because the good mind inside of you is saying that what you're doing with a married man is wrong and you now feel the hand of guilt caressing your mind!

I understand why you now find it difficult to let go even when you feel guilty! Love as an emotion, blossoms over time when pampered and watered! He made you feel good and wanted, perhaps more than you ever felt and now guilt shows up to remind you that he's already taken and what you're doing is wrong but then, you've been made to feel too good to just let go and now hesitation sets in to take hold of your mind and the struggle continues!

I feel very strongly that your present boyfriend would have hit the pages of history should it have been the case that this man was not married!

Anyway, I like the way you've responded to all the attacks!

8 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Connoisseur(m): 1:57am On May 13, 2013
I think you guys should ease up on the attacks. I cant see anywhere she justified cheating, she just acknowleged she isnt perfect and did stuffs she thought she was incapable of.
i guess its just another case of 'Never judge a man until you ve walked a mile in his moccasins.

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by kntrovasialmi: 2:06am On May 13, 2013
Aleovera:
Hello house,

I have been a consistent guest on this forum and decided to hop on to the next level by becoming a member.. yayy smiley

Okay so, as regards the subject, let me start by giving a brief description of myself or the sort of person I used to be. I used to think of myself as really disciplined, principled and one who would never compromise her values or standards. Also, I used to be so quick to pass judgement. I never could understand why girls dated married men and deluded themselves into thinking they were in love! Not only did I find such circumstances disgustingly annoying but also judged the ladies as silly, stupid, gullible, irresponsible, thoughtless, selfish and cruel!

I also had zero tolerance for people who cheat on their partners. I saw them as discontented and highly undisciplined individuals.

However, I have had reason to change my perspectives as a result of some recent happenings in my life!

I cheated on my partner with a married man! shocked I am totally shocked at myself! The crazy part of this is that I think I fell in love with this married man! My boo and I are tight and have been together for well over 4years and I always thought I could never be attracted to any other man. I have tried to put an end to this craziness because it just ain't worth it but its so hard.

The purpose of this thread is to:
1) Let you all who think so highly of yourself to be careful lest you fall. Never say never! Never think you are too disciplined or smart or principled to fall for certain temptations. Those who know me will never believe me if I tell them I fell for adultery (I can't even believe myself)

2)Seek counsel from people who have gone through this kind of stuff. You had an affair you knew you had to get out of but just couldn't, how did you deal with it.

What I have been doing lately is praying and deliberately not contacting this married dude. (I still find myself thinking about him)I also told my boo I needed a break!

Please let's discuss maturely as I believe there are so many people going through this kinda stuff but cant share with anyone because of the fear of condemnation and peoples hypocritical and self righteous attitude!

Blood of Jesus! Home wreckers everywhere! I pray they all have a taste of their medicine when they finally settle down! Never say never my foot!
Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:10am On May 13, 2013
The op actually made a point...'NEVER SAY NEVER'. Her thread still makes sense than a lot of threads out there cos there is actually something to learn. I'm not justifying the fact that she cheated with a married man and she didn't justify it too, so far.

And trust me, ogugua and others, 'NEVER SAY NEVER'!!!

5 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:12am On May 13, 2013
[size=13pt]I will NEVER sleep with a married man who isn't my husband.[/size]

19 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Nobody: 2:18am On May 13, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I will NEVER sleep with a married man who isn't my husband.[/size]

OK smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by Connoisseur(m): 2:19am On May 13, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I will NEVER sleep with a married man who isn't my husband.[/size]

a man that you know is married abi

4 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise by 2legit2qwt: 2:21am On May 13, 2013
This is why i'm so skeptical of women, Nigerian women or any period! Cheaters everywhere including the ones who claim to be innocent jeez! It's sickening and disgusting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

12 Things Girls Talk About When Guys Aren’t Around / 10 Things Ladies Put The Blame On When They Have Lost Their Virginity / Passionate Photo Of The Day (pic).

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.