Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,485 members, 7,968,336 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 03:35 AM

Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit (20531 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Africa Visit: Ignoring Nigeria Is America's Loss. / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by bory09(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2013
ArQueBusieR: So what?
yeah, who is obama is he a God, is he our messiah or what. Is damn visitation will not bring any development to our state so why should will be worried of his coming. American have known right from time has no better plan for nigeria they know our potentials and now they want to intimidate us away from it. Let the American know no matter how long is a tunnel there is always a way out unless the tunnel is no more a tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ffo(m): 9:50am On May 21, 2013
WILL HIS VISIT TO NIGERIA INCREASE MY SALARY?

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 9:51am On May 21, 2013
Freiburger: The question we should be asking is, what could be the reasons why this visit is being skipped? Security reasons?
Hilary Clinton made only a few hours stop during her Africa tour. The US has evaluated our security system and discovered that there is nothing one can rely on there.
Who cares?Not that the Americans give anything out without their self intrest out,they would let Nigeria burn to the ground,if we werent one the most powerful countries..come to think of it,arent they even encouraging it to burn,last time I heard they were arming insurgents(Boko Haram),NEVER trust the West, Gaddafi LEARNT THE HARD WAY,Mubarak learnt the hard way,Assad is learning,thank God for Putin.

If Johnny is smart, pally well well with China and Russia,as your check and balance and learn from Abacha,who gave them the finger,enuf of this sucking up..they have nothing anymore,their economy is tanking every day,the BRICS are the new super power

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by extraterra: 9:51am On May 21, 2013
Thank God Obama has not visited yet. There is no need coming in the line of fire in a battlefield, where the battle has no base, beginning nor an amicable end in sight.
Now there are two sides to this. We would have benefitted from his visit if only we had fresh-blooded, progress-minded leaders. Jonathan in my opinion is progress-minded, but can't do this alone. He is surrounded by the enemy.
But then again, Nigeria is US so-called greatest ally. I don't know if that holds true anymore I feel Nigeria is more like a puppet. I feel that this has degraded so, because our leaders have failed to show sense, but are rather overstuffed zombies and have made our nation a wreck, discouraging influential people from stepping on our soil. We should put our house in order, flush out corruption from the corridors of power, and see whether we will not regain the respect that Africa and the world once had for us.
I don't know if there will eventually be a split, or whether Nigeria in all its diversity will remain one. The latter is my hope for this country. We don't have to sudanize. But if the violence continues, the best thing will be everyone zaa afa nna ya and return home.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 9:51am On May 21, 2013
lain: Abeg what is all these obama skips nigeria.. Will his visit give jobs to the millions of unemployed nigerian graduates..
It could, only if your government is willing to inform you about it.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 9:51am On May 21, 2013
Why is it so much of a big deal? This guy no follow Abeg.. Msheew
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by soma042(m): 9:53am On May 21, 2013
obama day vexxxx ooooo.his comment.........
why should FGN tackle boko haram menace without american support, who do NIGERIA think they are?, and what a phok do they need me for.
mtcheewww
since they v grown wings they should no how to fly

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by theplanmaker: 9:54am On May 21, 2013
he is a foreigner, they may kidnap him . nothing when boko boys no fit do
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 9:56am On May 21, 2013
will his visit reduce d price of garri in the market? Abeg make im pass jare

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by emmanuel4758(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2013
like obama men jehovah go osamah dem obama go luk bush nigeria is holy land to compare wit gay obama those country he visit support gay marriege period

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by emmanuel4758(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2013
like obama men jehovah go osamah dem obama go luk bush nigeria is holy land to compare wit gay obama those country he visit support gay marriege period usa is most corrupt country in d world follow by colombia
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 9:58am On May 21, 2013
Western leaders are very smart. They will encourage you to keep your stolen wealth in their banks; use IMF and World Bank to sabotage your economy; and use you as willing tools for their agenda(s). But they will never associate with you in the open - that's how they play the game. Obama definitely can't let GEJ and Nigeria destroy his international reputation, hence why he stays snubbing the country.

David Cameron also did the same thing; hence why the few hours he spent in Nigeria, was in Lagos. And he limited his talks about Nigeria, to just Lagos. He only associated himself with Lagos and not Nigeria. They know what they're doing. grin

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 9:59am On May 21, 2013
emma_@:
Point of correction Op..Boko haram stops Obama 4rm coming to Nigeria..1st pg

I doubt Boko Haram is packing enough heat to take out

Recent trip to Ireland:
Mr Obama will be surrounded by up to 400 U.S. secret service agents during his whistle-stop tour of Ireland, and his team of special agents provide the world’s most technologically advanced protection... in his own fleet of transport vehicles, including Air Force One, Marine One helicopter and presidential State car – a limousine – Cadillac One. Air Force One costs a staggering €182,000 per hour to run.
The specially built aircraft is fitted with electronic defence units and shields to protect its communication devices from radiation and nuclear blasts.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 10:01am On May 21, 2013
ehie: Who cares?Not that the Americans give anything out without their self intrest out,they would let Nigeria burn to the ground,if we werent one the most powerful countries..come to think of it,arent they even encouraging it to burn,last time I heard they were arming insurgents(Boko Haram),NEVER trust the West, Gaddafi LEARNT THE HARD WAY,Mubarak learnt the hard way,Assad is learning,thank God for Putin.

If Johnny is smart, pally well well with China and Russia,as your check and balance and learn from Abacha,who gave them the finger,enuf of this sucking up..they have nothing anymore,their economy is tanking every day,the BRICS are the new super power
So the Chinese and Russians are now the new saints. Be honest, you 're only in love with their cheap fake products. The Us got a better vision for Nigeria than any other country in world.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:02am On May 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I doubt Boko Haram is packing enough heat to take out

Recent trip to Ireland:
stop hyping Obama,with all their know how,their ambassador was lynched like a thief in libiya.
demystify them abegi,

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:03am On May 21, 2013
ehie: Who cares?Not that the Americans give anything out without their self intrest out,they would let Nigeria burn to the ground,if we werent one the most powerful countries..come to think of it,arent they even encouraging it to burn,last time I heard they were arming insurgents(Boko Haram),NEVER trust the West, Gaddafi LEARNT THE HARD WAY,Mubarak learnt the hard way,Assad is learning,thank God for Putin.

But was Libya an American ally under Gaddafi? And the US did watch-out for Mubarak till the last moment. They had to sacrifice him for the Egyptian people because the people were winning - and America's relationship with Egypt is bigger than one-man. Egypt is a very strategic country.

If you pride yourself in being an American ally and willing tools for its foreign policy - then a state visit by the POTUS is significant, period. Stop twisting the darn story - you're not making any sense at all.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by VirginFinder: 10:03am On May 21, 2013
When the real Americans - Carter, Clinton, Bush - were in power, they visited Nigeria.

Obama is a Kenyan. And like every other African, he is definitely envious of Nigeria and is not hiding it.

In retrospect, how many times has he visited his homeland, Kenya, since he became president?

Obama's coming to Nigeria or not doesnt add or reduce our greatness!

Chikena!!

6 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:05am On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
So the Chinese and Russians are now the new saints. Be honest, you 're only in love with their cheap fake products. The Us got a better vision for Nigeria than any other country in world.
which vision do they have..dont let me laugh...they were allies with Egypt for years yet they sold them out when they werent useful,now Egypt coptic christains are killed daily...they were allies with Syria for years and now they assist "rebels"aka alquieda with arms,and Assad is protecting the christains in Syria..let me tell you America can arm Boko Haram if it will suit them...wash ur eyes and your brain well.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by fpeter(f): 10:06am On May 21, 2013
malc619:

Your grammar is "more corrupted" that that of Dame Patience Elohor Jonathan....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 10:06am On May 21, 2013
Virgin Finder: When the real Americans - Carter, Clinton, Bush - were in power, they visited Nigeria.

Obama is a Kenyan. And like every other African, he is definitely envious of Nigeria and is not hiding it.

In retrospect, how many times has he visited his homeland, Kenya, since he became president?

Chikena!!
cheesy cheesy cheesy Na wah o.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:07am On May 21, 2013
ehie: stop hyping Obama,with all their know how,their ambassador was lynched like a thief in libiya.
demystify them abegi,

Swapping apples for oranges won't get you out of this fix.
The biggest lap dog in Africa has just been put out to dry, something no amount of body contortions can gloss over tongue
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:09am On May 21, 2013
Virgin Finder: When the real Americans - Carter, Clinton, Bush - were in power, they visited Nigeria.

Chikena!!

Obama is a Kenyan who is envious of Nigeria, but obviously not Kenyan enough to visit Kenya itself cheesy
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:10am On May 21, 2013
Did his initial visit to Ghana transform her into being the best Con3 in Africa economically or industrially? Obama's visit my foot.

3 Likes

b4 nko?? D guy like his life na. If na me sef, i would also not visit the countries bordering nigeria.
How does that change the fact that glo network is pissing me off.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Parnassuss(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2013
Hmmmmm, well Obama is not my master so whatever he does with his time is fine by me. He ia currently facing a domestic crisis on his home turf regarding several scandals and I do not see how coming to Naija aids his or our cause
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:11am On May 21, 2013
shymexx: Western leaders are very smart. They will encourage you to keep your stolen wealth in their banks; use IMF and World Bank to sabotage your economy; and use you as willing tools for their agenda(s). But they will never associate with you in the open - that's how they play the game. Obama definitely can't let GEJ and Nigeria destroy his international reputation, hence why he stays snubbing the country.

David Cameron also did the same thing; hence why the few hours he spent in Nigeria, was in Lagos. And he limited his talks about Nigeria, to just Lagos. He only associated himself with Lagos and not Nigeria. They know what they're doing. grin
You are onto something. That Cameron visit broke international protocol rules.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by nisot23(f): 10:12am On May 21, 2013
Ok o.But remember that a friend in need is a friend indeed.Naija go beta one day sha.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2013
ehie: which vision do they have..dont let me laugh...they were allies with Egypt for years yet they sold them out when they werent useful,now Egypt coptic christains are killed daily...they were allies with Syria for years and now they assist "rebels"aka alquieda with arms,and Assad is protecting the christains in Syria..let me tell you America can arm Boko Haram if it will suit them...wash ur eyes and your brain well.
I wished Nigeria can be compared to any of these countries you just listed, despite the political turmoil going on in these countries at the moment.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:13am On May 21, 2013
[b]To a certain extent, such negligence of foreign policy may be seen as a reflection of a general state of mind of the U.S. public – when asked, "Have you ever been abroad?" and ordinary American may well answer, "Yes, I've been to Florida."
Still, this did not prevent Obbama from utilizing some of his foreign policy achievements (or deeds, presented as achievements to the public) during his re-election campaign – among them, ending the Iraq War, killing Osama bin Laden and ousting Colonel Muammar Qaddafi, the Libyan leader. All these were presented as trump cards by his campaign managers.

It did not matter, though, that the ending of the Iraq War in fact resulted in total chaos and the rise of sectarian violence and terrorism in that country;

that the killing of Osama bin Laden was done in total violation of Pakistan's sovereignty and has led to a splash of anti-American sentiment all over the Middle East (to say nothing of the fact that it would have been much more useful for the humanity as well as for the U.S.

if Osama had been captured alive); that ousting of the Libyan leader was accompanied by a ravage of the country by militants which eventually backfired against Americans themselves.
All these factors did not really matter.

What did matter was the fact that Barack Obama was able to present himself as a commander-in-chief America was eager to see in him.
But recent polls conducted since late March this year (NBC News/Wall Street Journal Poll, CNN/ORC Poll and McClatchy-Marist Poll) have shown a sharp decline in the ratings.

None of the polls shows his approval rating as being higher than 49 percent, and the net approval more than 3 percent.

This basically correlates with the general decline in Obama's overall approval ratings (with 49 percent approving and 47 percent disapproving of his overall performance). But, as The New York Times writes referring to the recent polls, "with the wider world forcing its way back to the forefront of American politics, the public’s evaluation of the Obama administration on foreign affairs may come into sharper focus."

The publication of the new poll results has coincided with a number of Washington Post publications dealing with the alleged marginalization of the U.S. Foreign Service in general. According to the authors (among them, former and current distinguished diplomats),

"The U.S. Foreign Service is being marginalized — just as military efforts to resolve major diplomatic challenges in Iraq and Afghanistan have failed, and as diplomacy has become both more complex and more important to our national security and prosperity."
The reason is "The overwhelming – and growing – presence of political appointees in mid-level and top leadership positions at the State Department."

What matters more is the fact that while losing the global supremacy it enjoyed for a couple of years after the collapse of the Soviet Union,

the U.S. is drastically trying to grasp at the illusion of a unipolar world which is no longer there. And while trying to keep on presenting itself as the only master of global fate, it finds it more and more difficult to keep up with the image.

This, and not simply real or imaginary flops in Barack Obama's tackling of foreign policy issues, is what lies beneath the deep feeling of dissatisfaction reflected in the polls.
Read more: http://english.ruvr.ru/2013_04_30/Surveys-Barack-Obamas-foreign-policy-approval-is-declining/[/b]
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by moodswing(m): 10:15am On May 21, 2013
I don't need no Obama's visit. My able president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is sufficient for me.

I think Goodluck Jonathan is more popular in Nigeria than Obama is in the US.

Obama can go where he pleases, who cares?

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:15am On May 21, 2013
ENUF SAID, EDUCATE URSELF AMERICA IS NOBODY'S FRIEND

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Troops Clear Buried Improvised Explosive Devices Along Banki-Pulka Road(Photos) / NASS Elections: Court Orders NASS Clerk, Others To Use Open Ballot System / Hushpuppi: Dino Melaye Trolls People Linking Him To Fraudster (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.