Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,527 members, 7,937,493 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:31 AM

Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit (20459 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Africa Visit: Ignoring Nigeria Is America's Loss. / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by IyfeNamikaze(m): 11:33am On May 21, 2013
malc619:

Your grammar is "more corrupted" that that of Dame Patience Elohor Jonathan....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
in your pittiful bid to sound more learned,you ended up appearing unlearned than the person whom you were in a rush to mock!
If you still at this point do not know your errors,then the Joke is practically on You.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by collynzo2(m): 11:38am On May 21, 2013
kamelonaire:
I guess dat, but can we old hold hw leader accountability, can we stop dis?
Hold your grammar accountable first.

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by hod898(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:
in your pittiful bid to sound more learned,you ended up appearing unlearned than the person whom you were in a rush to mock!
If you still at this point do not know your errors,then the Joke is practically on You.
you guys are funny, I can tell you that. grin
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by mojibbz(m): 11:47am On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
A lot, in case you don't know, but unfortunately...
like what ooo? ('Mr. Obama freak')
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kingsleyMbang(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2013
Obama is not god that we should cry 4 hs visit 2 Naija. American ar d ones 2 beg us 2 visit them,After al they depended largely on our resources.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by hod898(m): 11:51am On May 21, 2013
Error. 898 Sorry... Exit()
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by hod898(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2013
kingsley Mbang: Obama is not god that we should cry 4 hs visit 2 Naija. American ar d ones 2 beg us 2 visit them,After al they depended largely on our resources.
Oboi, de tin tire me o! shocked

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2013
collynzo2:
Hold your grammar accountable first.
Don't mind me jare, all this leaders they make me angry
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by tuagbo: 11:58am On May 21, 2013
@Shymexx
Your intelligence shocks and excites me.Very few people in the world like you,talkless of Nigerians still exist.Congrats to you.Amazing!!!truly amazing!!!

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by olempe(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2013
illitrate: And will his visit deposit money in people's account?
Someday people will beg to just visit.
grin grin grin
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Freiburger(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2013
ocelot2006:

Care to explain? With all our current issues, the Nigerian economy's still growing, and Africa's 2nd largest economy's pegged to overtake South Africa's in a few years. So please tell the whole house what Obama's visit will bring. Afterall, we've had visits from previous POTUSs. Keep in mind that we have an ongoing counter-insurgency & counter-terror Op up north. We don't have the bloody time to babysit Obama.

I'm not an Aso rock or a white house insider, So i can't tell you what the details of the state visit was supposed to be like. But i sense progress in most countries who choosed to stay closer to the most liberal part of the world.
Comments like who cares? what will his visit add to our pockets? he should stay away from our country he supports gay marriage, etc, is our own way of displaying our arrogance and ignorance. History proved that these approaches never helped us in the past and will not be helping us in future.
Question should be what could be his reasons for skiping this visit. Obama is supposed to be a friend to Africa as a whole, so why the loophole with Nigeria? and no one cares. Should a missunderstanding broke out in this newly found romance between China and Nigeria, who will you cry to for help? The Russians? We are walking our way towards building a strain relationship with the most peaceful nation on earth and all we 've got to say is, who cares
The same phrase we use when our money is being looted to swiss accounts.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Rooneyboy(m): 12:09pm On May 21, 2013
Vickii Ro: Una dey blame am?....If I were in his shoes I wud do d same...who nor like better thing...Failure is an orphan
.....Nigeria shud put her house in order before expecting important guests to visit
.....Btw wats Dame Patience's take on this?

Gbam !
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by AtlantaGuy(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2013
Obama will visit Nigeria when Jonathan is no longer at the TOP!
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by costan306(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2013
we dnt pple dat assasinate people with drones in the name of terror and we dnt nid people dat accuse other nations of developing WMD wen the spend billions of dollars upgrading their own
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by willyede(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2013
Obama's decision not to visit Nigeria is of little real value. Ask the Ghanaians what impact his visit had on Ghana

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by costan306(m): 12:10pm On May 21, 2013
we dnt nid pple dat assasinate people with drones in the name of terror and we dnt nid people dat accuse other nations of developing WMD wen the spend billions of dollars upgrading their own
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 12:14pm On May 21, 2013
costan306: we dnt nid pple dat assasinate people with drones in the name of terror and we dnt nid people dat accuse other nations of developing WMD wen the spend billions of dollars upgrading their own
Who her u revering tu
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by lingal(f): 12:17pm On May 21, 2013
leslieu63: rip Nigeria ......rest in pu*sy
so whats your point now? undecided
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
Wait untill Ghana starts deporting Nigerians in massive numbers, maybe then you can understand the economic significance.

are you serious. ghana that cant even summon the courage to carry on with their policy of deporting Nigerian traders because they know how badly they would be hit if they try it. and please y'all should stop comparing this ghana to Nigeria, it's becoming annoying. until ghana is seen as an important player in African security and politics, then they can start shouting. for all i know it's just another small land trying to come up even if obama sleeps there for 1 year.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Silas0(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2013
What's so spectacular about obama?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by lingal(f): 12:25pm On May 21, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Source
i think obama can do whatever he likes. all i know is that his visiting nigeria which so many people are seeing as second coming of jesus is not going to add or remove anything from nigeria neither is it going to change it name,view etc.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ghboy: 12:37pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=chris365]

are you serious. ghana that cant even summon the courage to carry on with their policy of deporting Nigerian traders because they know how badly they would be hit if they try it. and please y'all should stop comparing this ghana to Nigeria, it's becoming annoying. until ghana is seen as an important player in African security and politics, then they can start shouting. for all i know it's just another small land trying to come up even if obama sleeps there for 1 year.
-------------------------------
hahahahahahaha. are you even listening to yourself? Nigeria was looked up on by many African nations but it's too bad that same can't be said now. name one good thing that can be learnt from present Nigeria?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sambos994(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2013
Freiburger:
This simply shows the quality of education given to you by your failed government, It is so poor that you 're finding it difficult to understand the importance of a state visit from the pres of the most influential nation the world.

And what is that importance?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Tracetruth: 12:39pm On May 21, 2013
Obama wouldn't come to nigeria because he has no room for investment here, clinton and bush have investments here.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 12:52pm On May 21, 2013
shymexx:

That's the problem with most of you; you're just too loud for your own good. So loud, yet so empty. It's a virus, the great Wole Soyinka, described as the "Nigerian Disease."

Anyway, what's there to further exploit in Nigeria, when the same country(America) has Nigeria on its choke-hold? Nigeria serves American interests before its national interests - that shows how much leverage America has in your country.

Your post shows that you don't understand international politics and the dynamics of "allyship" among allies. A state visit is a reassurance that; America is still down for/with you. And America will align with you, in case, you find yourself in troubled-waters/problems you can't solve on your own. The snub basically means; America doesn't want to be associated with Nigeria - despite Nigeria being its most willing-tool/submissive-servant in sub-saharan Africa.

Nigeria to America; is like that chic you smash everyday(behind closed doors), but don't want people to see with you in public. It's just disgraceful, to be honest. sad undecided

mr slaveman, Nigeria has been visited by some of the greatest American presidents back when your country was feeding on American milk aid.(in case you are not Nigerian)last year when Hillary visited South Africa, a south African diplomat said it didn't change anything and some blacks still suffering from mental slavery rebuked her. now i ask what impact has her visit had so far? America will never have African ally if that's what you are thinking his visit will bring. common Kenya that he originates from, he hasn't spoken of the place before except when he was campaigning. Nigeria and obama never had a god relationship not Nigeria and America. just like isreal and obama never had a good relationship and not isreal and America. educate yourself before you start showcasing your ignorance here. Nigeria still remains a big Nation in Africa and South Africa alongside and both countries are trying to show example by investing in other African countries while others are begging for their masters to come and feed them crumps. i guess you'll call isreal, turkey, south korea, japan American puppets since they also pursue American interests withtheirs and even have American military bases staioned on their own territory except isreal. abeg educate yourself and be free from mental slavery. thanks

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 21, 2013
Good riddance! Who wants his visit anyways?
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 21, 2013
[s]
chris365:

mr slaveman, Nigeria has been visited by some of the greatest American presidents back when your country was feeding on American milk aid.(in case you are not Nigerian)last year when Hillary visited South Africa, a south African diplomat said it didn't change anything and some blacks still suffering from mental slavery rebuked her. now i ask what impact has her visit had so far? America will never have African ally if that's what you are thinking his visit will bring. common Kenya that he originates from, he hasn't spoken of the place before except when he was campaigning. Nigeria and obama never had a god relationship not Nigeria and America. just like isreal and obama never had a good relationship and not isreal and America. educate yourself before you start showcasing your ignorance here. Nigeria still remains a big Nation in Africa and South Africa alongside and both countries are trying to show example by investing in other African countries while others are begging for their masters to come and feed them crumps. i guess you'll call isreal, turkey, south korea, japan American puppets since they also pursue American interests withtheirs and even have American military bases staioned on their own territory except isreal. abeg educate yourself and be free from mental slavery. thanks
[/s]

Go learn how to write. I can't read that muddled-up crap you posted up there, mate. Blah blah blah without actually saying anything - product of a failed country. Yet we wonder why the country has been a failure since it was created. GTFOHWTBS. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Princepioneer(m): 1:09pm On May 21, 2013
tongue who care about his unwholehearted and evil visit to africa or Nigeria in particular? Is he God? His visit is filled with western influence agenda on africa and he finds Nigeria hard to be influenced. Later in life,he will wish he visited Nigeria, God on our side, we will get there someday. God dey. #proudly Nigeria# it is well with Nigeria with or without Obama.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=ghboy][/quote]
okay. class 1. Nigeria and south Africa have started investing in other African countries thereby creating jobs for people like you. evidence with our banks, dangote cement, etc
2. Nigeria is still the key player in west African security and politics. study for facts.
3. Nigeria is the supplier of the gas your government uses to generate 80% of your power( am guessing you are ghanainan
4. our movie and music industry has become an example for the likes of your country to look up to for development.
i can go on but i dont have to school you boy. thats why i said educate yourself and stop following western propaganda. why do you think south Afica and china have decided to close ranks with Nigeria, cos we are the most entrepreneurial nation in Africa( probably why we are so many and their are still so many rich people) out of 170 million people, there are only 30% poor. imagine if we were as few as your country. if you make me vex i go sack our ghanian gardner angry. now my boy tell me one importance of ghana to Africa since obama visited last. please let you arguments be based onfacts and not childish rants

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Baawaa(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
Clerverly: Why is everybody avoiding Jonathan? cry cry cry
Because he is not a Leader cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by ba7man(m): 1:21pm On May 21, 2013
GEJ and Obama simply aren't on the same page....The same way Nigeria's polity and America's isn't. I wonder what a conversation between them would be like....
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

Go learn how to write. I can't read that muddled-up crap you posted up there, mate. Blah blah blah without actually saying anything - product of a failed country. Yet we wonder why the country has been a failure since it was created. GTFOHWTBS. undecided
i guess if you were as educated as you claim, you would understand what i wrote. abi you don't understand english in the afternoon. and please tell me that when this blog changes to literatureland. mumu tongue dude why do you keep showing how myopic your brain is by replying my facts with childish rants? read what i wrote and tell me which is a lie there if truly the British education system is all that.( that's if you are even educated)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2023: 40% Of Newly Registered Voters Are Students: INEC / What Peter Obi Really Said About Tinubu "Rest" (video) / Soyinka Accuses Presidency Of Using Vulgar Language At Campaigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.