Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,525 members, 7,937,488 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit (20458 Views)

See How Ahmadu Bello Greeted Queen Elizabeth On Her Visit 2 Nigeria In 1956(pic / Obama Africa Visit: Ignoring Nigeria Is America's Loss. / Atiku Skips OBJ In His Protocol List At Yar'Adua's Memorial Lecture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by otumfour(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2013
On why he decided to visit Ghana then, Obama had said, “Ghana’s history is rich, the ties between our two countries are strong, and I am proud that this is my first visit to sub-Saharan Africa as President of the United States.

“And I have come here, to Ghana, for a simple reason: the 21st century will be shaped by what happens not just in Rome or Moscow or Washington, but by what happens in Accra as well.

Damn! PROUD TO BE A GHANAIAN cool

5 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Symphony007: 8:27pm On May 21, 2013
otumfour:

obama also called burma, a country where the government encourages the massacre of muslim's there "the next big thing in asia, who he and the united states is proud to associate with".winkwink
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sucess001(m): 9:15pm On May 21, 2013
chris365:

if after this you don't realize that your parents have wasted a lot of money sending you to school, then wahala don dey be that.
didn't US and Britain threaten sanctions and aid withdrawal when our senate debated the same sex marriage bill? why do you think that bill has not passed house of rep by now, not to talk of it getting to the president.
during Obasanjo's regime in 2001, Nigeria sought to partner with North Korean to help us develop our own missile technology, the US government threatened us with sanctions and the idea was dropped.
so my guy, we've been threatened twice and those are just threats that were made publicly. as far as i know there must have been others that were issued privately.
dude, are sure you are enlightened? cos you sound to me like a bush man with access to internet undecided
you now see how ignorant you are. grin

Lol. D idiott doesn't even knw d difference btw threatenin to withdraw aid and sanctions.

Bros...google the two...and come back to apologize for shaming ur parents on NL.

And ur senselessness also doesn't seem to comprehend dt thereis wat is called diplomatic posturing.

Can't waste time on u...u sound dull.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by mpatu1: 9:17pm On May 21, 2013
[quote author=fitzmayowa]What will his visit add to Nigeria
nothing ooo,iluminati man
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2013
sucess001:

Lol. D idiott doesn't even knw d difference btw threatenin to withdraw aid and sanctions.

Bros...google the two...and come back to apologize for shaming ur parents on NL.

And ur senselessness also doesn't seem to comprehend dt thereis wat is called diplomatic posturing.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/apr/13/national-13-04-2007-04.htm. in case it doesn't connect. that was before the election in 2007 when the US suspected Obasanjo of trying to rig the election, and then threatened sanctions.
that's another proof.
you know dude, it would help if you back up your senseless rants with facts. cos my 9 year old nephew is having a laugh here grin.
so you call threatening with sanctions diplomatic posturing? you've seen too many action films. grin counter my arguments with facts. as i have done, and stop behaving like a bush man.
you need to seriously check the missile technology deal we almost had.. i remember it was Atiku who had that meeting with the North Koreans.
or did you have cable then?
abi them no teach you how to present your facts for school wey you go? (that's if you went sef)
you sound like someone who was schooled in a beer parlor.

and you still haven't proven why we shouldn't look for another market aside from US. na this one i go take fall your hand grin olodo

and don't worry, it's my small nephew that will reply you next time. you too low for me too dey stress my hands
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by dasparrow: 5:19am On May 22, 2013
otumfour:

So proud that you live on Nairaland a Nigerian forum. If you are truly proud, you should spend more time on ghanian forums and around ghanian people online. Don't you think? You reek of low self esteem son. Stop eating too much banku and do something productive with your life. Peace, out!

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sucess001(m): 7:38am On May 22, 2013
chris365:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2007/apr/13/national-13-04-2007-04.htm. in case it doesn't connect. that was before the election in 2007 when the US suspected Obasanjo of trying to rig the election, and then threatened sanctions.
that's another proof.
you know dude, it would help if you back up your senseless rants with facts. cos my 9 year old nephew is having a laugh here grin.
so you call threatening with sanctions diplomatic posturing? you've seen too many action films. grin counter my arguments with facts. as i have done, and stop behaving like a bush man.
you need to seriously check the missile technology deal we almost had.. i remember it was Atiku who had that meeting with the North Koreans.
or did you have cable then?
abi them no teach you how to present your facts for school wey you go? (that's if you went sef)
you sound like someone who was schooled in a beer parlor.

and you still haven't proven why we shouldn't look for another market aside from US. na this one i go take fall your hand grin olodo

and don't worry, it's my small nephew that will reply you next time. you too low for me too dey stress my hands

U don't cease to amaze me.

U claim to have facts yet u havnt given me figures of d trade volumes btw naija and d US and naija and brazil.

Do that research and come back.

I see u still dnt knw wat sanctions mean. Just google it. It won't cost u anything.

So according to u, we shd unplug from our largest business partner cos of ur fear of wat will happen in 20 yrs?

It was dis kind of igbotic reasoning dt made biafra lose d civil war in d first place.

And bros pls u still havnt told me how brazil's economic association will pay us beta dan the US.

U shd look foolish to ur nephew right about now.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 8:24am On May 22, 2013
sucess001:

Whoa watin be the argument all abt, am nigerian an am pround of it, ghana, it just a small country must of them travel from there country I mean ghana tu nigrian with there bag (ghana must go),the only problem we have in nigeria is corruption if this can resolve nigeria will be more better than ghana
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 8:30am On May 22, 2013
dasparrow:

So proud that you live on Nairaland a Nigerian forum. If you are truly proud, you should spend more time on ghanian forums and around ghanian people online. Don't you think? You reek of low self esteem son. Stop eating too much banku and do something productive with your life. Peace, out!
Did u remember that u travell tu ur country down tu nigerian with ur ( ghana must go bag) pls remove dat proud, nd replace it with shame on ghana
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sucess001(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2013
kamelonaire:

Whoa watin be the argument all abt, am nigerian an am pround of it, ghana, it just a small country must of them travel from there country I mean ghana tu nigrian with there bag (ghana must go),the only problem we have in nigeria is corruption if this can resolve nigeria will be more better than ghana

I understand you want to b proud of your country but the stark reality is that Ghana and South Arica are the model countries for Africa..

You cant compare Ghna's economy and stability to Nigeria.

Besides, Nigeria with its insecurity challenges, is not attractive to investors d way Ghana is...

Its the stark reality.

2 Likes

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by busayobrig: 9:44am On May 22, 2013
DATS HIS PROBLEM.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 10:53am On May 22, 2013
If I were him I'll come.his coming may change our security issues.moreso,a life will be touched
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by PetroDolla: 1:20pm On May 22, 2013
dasparrow: If you are truly proud, you should spend more time on ghanian forums
another eediot losing itl!u sound like a frustrated sh1thead!is it Ghana's fault Obama is not visiting ur sh1thole?u reek of crass stvpidity! fvcked!
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by collynzo2(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2013
PetroDolla: another eediot losing itl!u sound like a frustrated sh1thead!is it Ghana's fault Obama is not visiting ur sh1thole?u reek of crass stvpidity! fvcked!
spend more time on Ghanaian forums as he said. You are on every thread on Nairaland, are you that ashamed on interacting with your own countrymen? You come here to sharpen your IQ by mingling with the intellectually superior Nigerians yet you wont give them the respect they deserve.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2013
sucess001:

U don't cease to amaze me.

U claim to have facts yet u havnt given me figures of d trade volumes btw naija and d US and naija and brazil.

Do that research and come back.

I see u still dnt knw wat sanctions mean. Just google it. It won't cost u anything.

So according to u, we shd unplug from our largest business partner cos of ur fear of wat will happen in 20 yrs?

It was dis kind of igbotic reasoning dt made biafra lose d civil war in d first place.

And bros pls u still havnt told me how brazil's economic association will pay us beta dan the US.

U shd look foolish to ur nephew right about now.

my friend keep quiet and learn.
Last year obama announced that the US is now making every effort to depend on itself for energy needs. And he also said that they have discovered a new source of energy that is more eco friendly and sustainable than our kind of oil *shale oil*
This is evident as the oil export from Nigeria to US dropped from 800,000 bpd in 2012 to 580,000 bpd in 2013. Because US is gradually increasing their local production.
And since oil is our main trade with the US, our finance minister said there is every need for Nigeria to start exploring other emerging powers that need this oil to keep up with their development
this is where brazil, china and others come in.
Unlike you my dull friend, i don't rely on google for information. I stay current on world affairs.
So no matter the trade volume we have with them, it is bound to drop every year.
You really need to get an education my friend. Cos you sound very ignorant.
And it's even my small nephew that just suggested this reply. So bury your head in shame. Olodo
and why am i the only one that sounds intelligent in this argument. Cos the only thing i understand from your comments are *idiot, foolish and senseless* if you ask me, only ignorant people argue that way.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2013
kamelonaire:
Did u remember that u travell tu ur country down tu nigerian with ur ( ghana must go bag) pls remove dat proud, nd replace it with shame on ghana
Did u know the reason why obama disagree, is bcus of insecurity in our country..... Every where boko haram is unfair
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 1:49pm On May 22, 2013
sucess001:

I understand you want to b proud of your country but the stark reality is that Ghana and South Arica are the model countries for Africa..

You cant compare Ghna's economy and stability to Nigeria.

Besides, Nigeria with its insecurity challenges, is not attractive to investors d way Ghana is...

Its the stark reality.
Can u imagine shekau abubakar has claimed responsibiliy for the two recent deadly attack in north-East in a video obtained by AFP yesterday. If obama could ear dis he will not travell all the way tu nigeria we really need GOD control in this nigeria
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by egielemaiidris(m): 2:09pm On May 22, 2013
Pedagogue: D deep resentment of Obama gainst CORRUPTION and cluelessness that JOnathan's government represents is the only reason why the US under Obama has been dealing with Nigeria @ arm's lenghth!!!

That is obvious from the words, "and investing in the next generation of African leaders".

GEJ represents the 'old' generation of African leaders- corrupt,clueless,dull and unproductive !

cry
Pedagogue: D deep resentment of Obama gainst CORRUPTION and cluelessness that JOnathan's government represents is the only reason why the US under Obama has been dealing with Nigeria @ arm's lenghth!!!

That is obvious from the words, "and investing in the next generation of African leaders".

GEJ represents the 'old' generation of African leaders- corrupt,clueless,dull and unproductive !

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 22, 2013
kamelonaire:
Did u know the reason why obama disagree, is bcus of insecurity in our country..... Every where boko haram is unfair
OUR COUNTRY? Dude you are a ghananian dis is not your country. I've got my eyes on your ghanian spys on our country forum. Commenting rubbish about our country.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 22, 2013
kamelonaire:
OUR COUNTRY? Dude you are a ghananian dis is not your country. I've got my eyes on your ghanian spys on our country forum. Commenting rubbish about our country. I've got my eyes on you ghanians
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sucess001(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2013
chris365:

my friend keep quiet and learn.
Last year obama announced that the US is now making every effort to depend on itself for energy needs. And he also said that they have discovered a new source of energy that is more eco friendly and sustainable than our kind of oil *shale oil*
This is evident as the oil export from Nigeria to US dropped from 800,000 bpd in 2012 to 580,000 bpd in 2013. Because US is gradually increasing their local production.
And since oil is our main trade with the US, our finance minister said there is every need for Nigeria to start exploring other emerging powers that need this oil to keep up with their development
this is where brazil, china and others come in.
Unlike you my dull friend, i don't rely on google for information. I stay current on world affairs.
So no matter the trade volume we have with them, it is bound to drop every year.
You really need to get an education my friend. Cos you sound very ignorant.
And it's even my small nephew that just suggested this reply. So bury your head in shame. Olodo
and why am i the only one that sounds intelligent in this argument. Cos the only thing i understand from your comments are *idiot, foolish and senseless* if you ask me, only ignorant people argue that way.

I probably nid some explanation on ur 'intelligence'

Someone who says we shd dissasociate from d US in preparation for when we won't have oil now says we shd associate wiv Brazil cos Brazil will nid oil.

I understand dat as confusion, not intelligence.

You say u re current wit current affairs.

Tru which medium do u get ur 'sources'? Ur CIA friend?

Guy...u dull!
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 6:29pm On May 23, 2013
sucess001:

I probably nid some explanation on ur 'intelligence'

Someone who says we shd dissasociate from d US in preparation for when we won't have oil now says we shd associate wiv Brazil cos Brazil will nid oil.

I understand dat as confusion, not intelligence.

You say u re current wit current affairs.

Tru which medium do u get ur 'sources'? Ur CIA friend?

Guy...u dull!

now i see there's something wrong with your head. sad
so i guess you'll also call Mrs okonjo iweala dull for suggesting that we should start exploring other markets
as the US has become less dependent on our oil abi. undecided and mind you, oil is our main trade with US.
your inability to pay attention to details and understand simple reasoning clearly exposes your intellectual disability. (Google it if you don't understand. since Google is your only source of education)
aside Brazil i also made mention of other emerging powers and potential markets *which includes India that just stopped importing oil from Iran due to US sanctions*
it must have been very hard for your teachers to make you understand ABC. grin ignoramus
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by otumfour(m): 7:03pm On May 23, 2013
Symphony007: obama also called burma, a country where the government encourages the massacre of muslim's there "the next big thing in asia, who he and the united states is proud to associate with".winkwink

dasparrow:

undecided
it's not M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ government is doing so great
it ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht Ghana is so blessed
It ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht I live,shixt & and sleep in 24/7 electricity
It ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht am allergic to the generator fumes tht y'all Nigerians be smoking/inhaling 24/7 grin
It ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht wealthy Nigerians keep sending their kids to GH. In search of better education
It ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht not a single Ghanaian goes to Nigeria to school grin
It ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht y'all brush y'all teeth wit shixt water cheesy

Finally, it ain't M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ fault tht Obama acknowledges our hard earned democracy....

IT AIN'T M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ FHUCKIN FAULT MAHN

Hate tha game not tha player nuggaz cheesy

GH4Life

1 Like

Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by sucess001(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2013
chris365:

now i see there's something wrong with your head. sad
so i guess you'll also call Mrs okonjo iweala dull for suggesting that we should start exploring other markets
as the US has become less dependent on our oil abi. undecided and mind you, oil is our main trade with US.
your inability to pay attention to details and understand simple reasoning clearly exposes your intellectual disability. (Google it if you don't understand. since Google is your only source of education)
aside Brazil i also made mention of other emerging powers and potential markets *which includes India that just stopped importing oil from Iran due to US sanctions*

it must have been very hard for your teachers to make you understand ABC. grin ignoramus

Guy..talk intelligently!

You say we shd avoid d US cos we won't have oil in d next 20 yrs..yet in anoda breathe...u say we shd explore other markets for exporting oil.

Don't link ursef with iweala...she never advocated dissasociation from d US.

I get a lot of info from google..cos all informative articles can be found from google search engines. U dnt knw dat do u?

U re irredeemably dull..was tryin to enlighten u but I see u can't help it.

I agree u shd let ur nephew reply me subsequently. I expect he should sound more intelligent.
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by chris365(m): 10:11pm On May 23, 2013
sucess001:

Guy..talk intelligently!

You say we shd avoid d US cos we won't have oil in d next 20 yrs..yet in anoda breathe...u say we shd explore other markets for exporting oil.

Don't link ursef with iweala...she never advocated dissasociation from d US.

I get a lot of info from google..cos all informative articles can be found from google search engines. U dnt knw dat do u?

U re irredeemably dull..was tryin to enlighten u but I see u can't help it.

I agree u shd let ur nephew reply me subsequently. I expect he should sound more intelligent.

if you are so bright i would like you to quote me when i said we should dissociate ourselves from the US, and we won't have oil in 20 years.
go through my previous comments and quote me. dummy.
that's why i said you should pay more attention to details. tongue
what I've always advocated is that we need to stop relying on the US, cos it gives them leverage over us.
and of course i expect my nephew to be more intelligent than me. duh!! that's why i travel with him, to be more exposed. rather than sit behind a computer and wallow down mixed information from the internet.
and dude if you are the smartest person in your generation, then i must be arguing with the wrong person.
I'll advise that you go out more often and mix with smarter people. that way you'll know how to express yourself without embarrassing your parents tongue

and in what way are you trying to enlighten me? that we keep depending on a market that is becoming less interested in our oil? and have you heard that this has put a strain on our 2013 budget due to the drop in export to the US? guy do you even know anything about economics?
The only thing you've been doing is diverting from facts that i've been giving you.
clearly you have no brains to enlighten yourself, and not to talk of anyone.

just try and discuss this with anyone that's already in the industry. then you'll realize how silly you've been sounding here.
i wonder if am talking to an adult here, or a bushman that just strolled through school.

Read through our conversations and check who's enlightening who''. You this ignorant slob
Re: Obama Skips Nigeria In His Africa Visit by kamelonaire(m): 2:59am On May 24, 2013
googlepikin: OUR COUNTRY? Dude you are a ghananian dis is not your country. I've got my eyes on your ghanian spys on our country forum. Commenting rubbish about our country. I've got my eyes on you ghanians
Point of coRrectn am not ghanian am typical niger boy, so wat hell her u sayin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Forgery: Fireworks Begin As FG Arraigns Saraki, Ekweremadu / Adebayo Shittu’s Faction ‘Dumps’ APC In Oyo / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.