Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,563 members, 7,885,338 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 08:24 AM

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity (32242 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by poke(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2013
anyone that kows Buhari should go and tell him to keep quit
cos I have an evidence against him that could send him to grave
in connection with Boko haram
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:56am On May 22, 2013
I urge Buhari to contest 2015. I know it will lose as usual. It will go into the history of boko haram as serial loser. This is what progressive is all about
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by vanstanzy(m): 10:58am On May 22, 2013
Ucheaaron:

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign

Won't this "Bingo!" so-called Buhari go and sit down? angry angry angry Buhari should forget about the Nigerian Presidency, and concentrate his "rotten" effort on being the President of the Republic of Boko Haram, (most of his fellow Northerners even reject him).
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 10:59am On May 22, 2013
MY FELLOW NAIRALANDERS; ASK BUHARI AND NIGERIA,
1. WHO KILLED KEN SAROWIWA?
2. WHY WAS HE KILLED?
3. WHO KILLED THE OGONI TWELVE ELDERS?
4. WHY WAS ODI AND ONE OTHER COMMUNITY WIPED OUT BY ARMY?

THE LIST IS ENDLESS.
I CONFIRMED FROM A HIGHLY PLACED MINISTER FROM THE NORTH THAT ALL OF THEIR LEADERS including him, ARE JOINTLY SPONSORING BH.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by lukeman8880: 11:01am On May 22, 2013
If Buhari is just, why did'nt he conderm boko haram evil act since? He fail, if he's trying to this use current insecurity situation as pollitical weapon.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by olalekan789(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2013
only God knows wats in d dark, i think wat we can do to help the country out of insecurity is to give GEJ any relevant advice that will have positive effect on the present state of nigeria and not putting all blames on him. some1 should please pass this message to Gen Buhari
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by rhymz(m): 11:01am On May 22, 2013
On a more serious note, Buhari has a very low I.Q power to grasp issues in their proper perspectives. I can't believe this man can be this sympathetic to BokoHaram so openly that he would reduce the issue to "do me, I do you" argument.
Seriously, I am disappointed in Yoruba people, with the level of intellectual development in the South West they still fall wholeheartedly for this goon whose brain capacity can't seem to understand the enormity of the crimes his children in Bokoharam have committed, have continued to commit and will continue to commit if not crushed.

He has the guts to compare BokoHaram brainless struggles to the Niger Delta militant struggles without putting issues in their proper perspectives, na only almajiri will fall for this sentimental crap. He does not even say anything about the innocent lives Bokoharam has wasted, see him crying about how their leaders were killed without saying anything about the victims of Bokharam, Buhari is a bonafide BokoHaram sponsor and a bigoted killer that is only interested in his ambitions and that of the Hausa-fulani people.

Yoruba people will have to be careful with the kind of characters they align themselves with, winning is not everything after all. See how simple-minded the fool is in his analysis of issues, not for once did he make any mention about the crimes of Bokharam. So because Yaradua granted amnesty to the Niger Delta militants, it therefore follows that any group that rises up in arms against the federal government should be placated by sending aircraft to pick them up and given cash gifts to make them stop, this Fool needs to shut it and understand that his selfish expectations is the major reason he has lost three times consecutively.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by 2goodbobo(m): 11:02am On May 22, 2013
Funny enough, his comments these days continue to undermine his political credentials for 2015, there by making him unpopular. Anyways, I knew his opinion about State of Emergency will surely be a dissenting one.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:03am On May 22, 2013
symtops of old age.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by nijanigga: 11:04am On May 22, 2013
Thank you Gen Buhari, most of the guys ranting behind the pc were still sucking breast when you became head of state.Jonathan is a complete failure.This is 2013 and the polity is heating up.If Jona can stand the heat in the kitchen,let him stay.Khaki boys are warming up already.With the troops in those 3 states,some of them will be planning coup.2015 is the magic year for Nigeria,everybody is strategizing,just as clueless,boring,jonathan is doing.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:05am On May 22, 2013
laumana: Buhari u shld watch ur utterances so dat u dont heat up d polity, cos' u are known with that.Moreso as a patriotic Nigerian,y can't u lead the entourage of d BHs to c mr GEJ

Does he take advice?? Is he a democrat? Is he a patriot? Buhari in mathematical analysis is 0/0 which means undefined. If
you say zero its against the principle of simple fraction.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by lacasa: 11:06am On May 22, 2013
Presidency Denies Linking Buhari To Boko Haram
Posted on April 17, 2013

Peter Clottey

Dr. Doyin Okupe, senior special adviser for public affairs of Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan (Courtesy of Nigeria government) An advisor to Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has denied reports that he named Muhammadu Buhari, the country’s former leader, as a sponsor of the militant group, Boko Haram.
Doyin Okupe, Jonathan’s senior special assistant on public affairs, said the reports were a calculated attempt to hamper the president’s efforts to deal with the security threat posed by Boko Haram.
“There are people who want to damage my reputation and, through me, damage the president and the government,” said Okupe. “These are just some funny and wicked attempts by those who hate the government trying to discredit [us]. There is no iota of truth in it [and] I never said it.”
Reports circulating on social media platforms in Nigeria also quoted Okupe as saying Boko Haram was an “inevitable consequence of the Islamic religion.” But Okupe said the reports were false and an attempt by opponents to cause disaffection in the country by pitting citizens against each other and against the administration.
Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the militant Islamic sect Boko Haram, rejected the idea of any potential amnesty offered by the government. His comments came after religious, political and traditional leaders in northern Nigeria called for granting some kind of amnesty to Boko Haram, and also after President Jonathan formed a committee to discuss a possible deal.
Okupe says the government will continue its work to resolve the security crisis posed by Boko Haram and other groups.
“The government is still very much interested in anything that would bring peace to the country, especially to the areas affected by Boko Haram,” Okupe said. “The options are open and the dialogue and engagement are still continuing at various levels.
“It is our hope and prayer that people with influence will move into this matter and bring the Boko Haram around, so that we can have some peace in this country,” he said.
Some Nigerians have criticized leaders in the country’s north for not doing enough to help stop the violence blamed on the Boko Haram. But, Okupe said the leaders have been helping the government address the threat posed by the militant group.
“After the government has shown some disposition towards amnesty that is largely requested by leaders from the north, there has been a flurry of activities by the northern leaders,” he said. “One is just hoping and praying that all these activities will produce some results that we can all be very happy and glad about.”
“From what I know from the inside,” continued Okupe, “this government has shown commendable capability and has acquired what is required to curtain most of these nefarious activities. The security agencies are getting better by the day, so one cannot but believe that the government is on top of this situation.”
Boko Haram has been accused of carrying out violent attacks in an attempt to force the country to adopt strict Islamic law.
Human Rights Watch says Boko Haram-related violence has killed an estimated 3,000 people since 2009, a toll that includes killings by security forces.

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/advisor-denies-linking-former-nigerian-president-to-boko-haram/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by nerodenero: 11:09am On May 22, 2013
I wonder how an old-cargo like you can rule this country!It is glaring that age has taken a better part of this General.Need I remind you that you said you will make this country ungovernable and the result is there for all to see.I would rather vote in Jonathan a million times than vote in an extremist,aging and selfish general like you.Go cool off and keep mute in your Kaduna or Katsina residence joooo!
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by visalo: 11:09am On May 22, 2013
Buhari Boko Haram. Alias baboon and monkeys will be soaked with blood... God past you...we don jump you past.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:10am On May 22, 2013
I had to log-in when i saw this news. Buhari or whatever you call your name, No place for you in Aso rock . . . definitely not in this life time. You will never win any election in this country. If Burahi doubt what i said, he should contest for local government chairman in his locality. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by danox(m): 11:11am On May 22, 2013
Not with his overt and brazen display of tribal and religious bigotry
ironblack: these days i shudder at the delusive ignorance and tribal slant of comments by mostly uninformed commentators on this forum.it has become a norm to attribute the islamists insurgents in the north to buhari, this is rather an unfortunate misinformation,it is high time nigerian youths started seeing the patriotic and nationalistic standpoint of buhari and stop been deceived by d lies of the stealing class......is buhari responsible for the kidnappings in the south? We shld not forget how chief obafemi awolowo was stigmatized and robbed off the presidency and at last in death he was crowned '' the best president nigeria never had'' buhari has the political will to govern and lead this country right
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by danderson(f): 11:12am On May 22, 2013
Burahi:

LOOSER!

MURDERER!

HEARTLESS!

COUP PLOTTER!

DIVIDED NIGERIAN!

LESS THAN 10 YRS TO LIVE!

DISCRIMINATOR!

HATED AND DECEIVED BY THE NORTHERN ELITE!

DESPERADO!

LOOSER!

undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by luvinhubby(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2013
My Pastor who lives in Kafanchan has always disliked Buhari & i now understand why.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:20am On May 22, 2013
lacasa: Presidency Denies Linking Buhari To Boko Haram
Posted on April 17, 2013

Peter Clottey

Dr. Doyin Okupe, senior special adviser for public affairs of Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan (Courtesy of Nigeria government) An advisor to Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has denied reports that he named Muhammadu Buhari, the country’s former leader, as a sponsor of the militant group, Boko Haram.
Doyin Okupe, Jonathan’s senior special assistant on public affairs, said the reports were a calculated attempt to hamper the president’s efforts to deal with the security threat posed by Boko Haram.
“There are people who want to damage my reputation and, through me, damage the president and the government,” said Okupe. “These are just some funny and wicked attempts by those who hate the government trying to discredit [us]. There is no iota of truth in it [and] I never said it.”
Reports circulating on social media platforms in Nigeria also quoted Okupe as saying Boko Haram was an “inevitable consequence of the Islamic religion.” But Okupe said the reports were false and an attempt by opponents to cause disaffection in the country by pitting citizens against each other and against the administration.
Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the militant Islamic sect Boko Haram, rejected the idea of any potential amnesty offered by the government. His comments came after religious, political and traditional leaders in northern Nigeria called for granting some kind of amnesty to Boko Haram, and also after President Jonathan formed a committee to discuss a possible deal.
Okupe says the government will continue its work to resolve the security crisis posed by Boko Haram and other groups.
“The government is still very much interested in anything that would bring peace to the country, especially to the areas affected by Boko Haram,” Okupe said. “The options are open and the dialogue and engagement are still continuing at various levels.
“It is our hope and prayer that people with influence will move into this matter and bring the Boko Haram around, so that we can have some peace in this country,” he said.
Some Nigerians have criticized leaders in the country’s north for not doing enough to help stop the violence blamed on the Boko Haram. But, Okupe said the leaders have been helping the government address the threat posed by the militant group.
“After the government has shown some disposition towards amnesty that is largely requested by leaders from the north, there has been a flurry of activities by the northern leaders,” he said. “One is just hoping and praying that all these activities will produce some results that we can all be very happy and glad about.”
“From what I know from the inside,” continued Okupe, “this government has shown commendable capability and has acquired what is required to curtain most of these nefarious activities. The security agencies are getting better by the day, so one cannot but believe that the government is on top of this situation.”
Boko Haram has been accused of carrying out violent attacks in an attempt to force the country to adopt strict Islamic law.
Human Rights Watch says Boko Haram-related violence has killed an estimated 3,000 people since 2009, a toll that includes killings by security forces.

i wish fvckrd will see dis...

http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/advisor-denies-linking-former-nigerian-president-to-boko-haram/
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:23am On May 22, 2013
mike404:
Omo the thing surprise me oh grin I think say the guy na BUHARISTAN

Now..this is funny as shyteeee.. cheesy cheesy
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by snicksz(m): 11:24am On May 22, 2013
The clown just shot himself on the foot with this statement...Comparing the grievance of the niger delta militant to dat of boko haram is just stupid....As if FG has not tried the amnesty stuff wit Boko Haram even against the wish of most Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by luvinhubby(m): 11:26am On May 22, 2013
Boko haram began in PDP's Bauchi & was decisively crushed by PDP's Umaru Yar'adua before they relocated & found a safe heaven in Borno state then under gov. Ali Modu Sherrif of ANPP that was led by Buhari who was their 2time presidential candidate.
. This is the same man that Tinubu & ACN want align with as 'Progressives' in APC to lead Nigeria, "MBA aa" God forbid !
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by gbadexy(m): 11:27am On May 22, 2013
I think buhari jut lost a supporter with this report.
I think the man is too sentimental about north and he too may do for his region far worse than jonathan even though it is justified for niger deltans.
May God spare us till 2015, I would rather vote a credible candidate from a small party.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:30am On May 22, 2013
rhymz: On a more serious note, Buhari has a very low I.Q power to grasp issues in their proper perspectives. I can't believe this man can be this sympathetic to BokoHaram so openly that he would reduce the issue to "do me, I do you" argument.
Seriously, I am disappointed in Yoruba people, with the level of intellectual development in the South West they still fall wholeheartedly for this goon whose brain capacity can't seem to understand the enormity of the crimes his children in Bokoharam have committed, have continued to commit and will continue to commit if not crushed.

He has the guts to compare BokoHaram brainless struggles to the Niger Delta militant struggles without putting issues in their proper perspectives, na only almajiri will fall for this sentimental crap. He does not even say anything about the innocent lives Bokoharam has wasted, see him crying about how their leaders were killed without saying anything about the victims of Bokharam, Buhari is a bonafide BokoHaram sponsor and a bigoted killer that is only interested in his ambitions and that of the Hausa-fulani people.

Yoruba people will have to be careful with the kind of characters they align themselves with, winning is not everything after all. See how simple-minded the fool is in his analysis of issues, not for once did he make any mention about the crimes of Bokharam. So because Yaradua granted amnesty to the Niger Delta militants, it therefore follows that any group that rises up in arms against the federal government should be placated by sending aircraft to pick them up and given cash gifts to make them stop, this Fool needs to shut it and understand that his selfish expectations is the major reason he has lost three times consecutively.

Stop the generalization..

Don't just stay behind your device and assume all sorts. Every Yoruba is not ACN/APC members.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by kardoso(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2013
Buhari let this be known that a muslim fundamentalist like yourself. An unrepentant islamist which you are, will never get a vote from me. People like you are not suppose to live but rot in HELL!
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:34am On May 22, 2013
Ucheaaron:

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign

and many buhariphobia will believe this .......haaaaaa....NAIJA

Otipe gann.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by soderican(m): 11:36am On May 22, 2013
Time 4 nigerians to start voting elligible graduates for that seat. Sanusi wud be better of, anyday. Rubbish!
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:37am On May 22, 2013
gbadexy: I think buhari jut lost a supporter with this report.
I think the man is too sentimental about north and he too may do for his region far worse than jonathan even though it is justified for niger deltans.
May God spare us till 2015, I would rather vote a credible candidate from a small party.
and u bliv dat report////
any poo written in newspaper is now d truth///
cant bliv many nigerian want GEJ to go again...i rili dnt knw what yall thinking...
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 11:39am On May 22, 2013
This man has to be the bravest Nigerian ever!! grin

He just dared your president again - and I doubt GEJ has the balls to arrest him other than petty character assassination on the internet.

I admire strong leaders not fedora hat wearing weaklings with no balls!!

However, I believe GEJ knows more about the organisational structure and the sponsors of BH than this man, to be honest.

You lot just gotta use your 3rd eye and think critically.

Don't attack my post. "Diss me and you won't get a reply." - Drake

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / I Am A Youth - Bola Tinubu Declares (Video) / Buhari Approves Governing Boards For NPA And NIMASA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.