Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,050 members, 7,973,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 07:47 PM

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity (32416 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by 1bunne4lif(m): 12:08pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari is nofin but an old fool. His IQ Is failing him. I'm sorry 4 his fans. SHM...
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 22, 2013
In another word, what the bloody buhari, coupist mean is that Jonathan should be overthrown.
Still don't know why the north want power by all means. Fukkk buhari and his blind supporters. Fukkk boko harams
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by klax(m): 12:09pm On May 22, 2013
Dreal1247: BUHARI EVERYBODY KNOWS IS THE OGA @ THE TOP OF BH. IF U ARE WAITING TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY AGAIN, YOU WILL WAIT FOR EVENITY. NO BASKET FOR ROTTEN MANGO.

God bless bros.

The silly, sore looser General who does not know when a whole General in Army should talk and not to talk will wait and till eternity if he think in his silky f u c k ing head that he is coming to rule Nigeria again.

Nobody is interested in whatever thrash he said or want to say as a matter of fact Buhari Mr Saint Buhari you are a thrash, pooh, bin,vomit, disgusting, a failed General who does not know what it means to be a Geberal in Army thinking silly utterance and provocative words is the way to sell popularity or gain political recognition in demoratic despensation is a big joker.

I would rather vote GEJ back to office if no other candidate than this pretending wicked man called Buhari or any of these sort of things that called themselves Hausa or whatever. Mr Buhari go by yourself or tell your Boko Animals your boys to force GEJ to resign if you have the power bloody goat(Ewu), Anufia.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by eagleeye2: 12:10pm On May 22, 2013
Ordinarily I don't like GEJ's style of leadership.. But for Buhari to call for his resignation over the Insecurity situation in Nigeria does not make any sense to me.
I used to like Buhari for the fact that he is one Military head of state not associated with Looting and corruption (I may be wrong). I have said this before (even though I will like corruption to be eradicated in Nigeria), Buhari is just too old to lead this country. Moreover, certain people will make sure that Buhari never smells Aso Rock.
I thought the best the General could do in this situation is to have kept silent.
Boko Haram have killed a lot of Innocent people in their places of Worship and Buhari never condemned it. Boko Haram Have killed people in Parks, Beer Palour, Place of work and the General never condemned it.
What does he want GEJ to do? Fold his hands and keep playing politics with the Lives of Nigerians?

General Buhari got it wrong this time around. Moreover this statement will just endear more people to GEJ, if for nothing else for Sympathy. GEJ is now being seen as the underdog in all this power play and Nigerians will naturally swing with Underdog.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Keenysbojan(m): 12:11pm On May 22, 2013
ironblack: these days i shudder at the delusive ignorance and tribal slant of comments by mostly uninformed commentators on this forum.it has become a norm to attribute the islamists insurgents in the north to buhari, this is rather an unfortunate misinformation,it is high time nigerian youths started seeing the patriotic and nationalistic standpoint of buhari and stop been deceived by d lies of the stealing class......is buhari responsible for the kidnappings in the south? We shld not forget how chief obafemi awolowo was stigmatized and robbed off the presidency and at last in death he was crowned '' the best president nigeria never had'' buhari has the political will to govern and lead this country right
na thunder go fire d@ ur mouth
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Beync(f): 12:13pm On May 22, 2013
this old fool keep making the same lame statement over and over
gej will not only resign, u will die waiting for his resignation, old fool

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Chregor(m): 12:15pm On May 22, 2013
A good analysis there coming from the stable of a nation old drag: evenly comparing Niger delta militancy to a terror informed boko haram insurgency.
The former fought for a relief schemes to ameliorate dangers posed by explorations in the region, while, the latter started out as a loyalist to some political parties to waged war against the candidature and eventual emergence of Jonathan; with strings of violence, killing of corp members, setting ablazed of shops during election petitions etc. And when Buahari & co finally meet their waterloo, they couldn't assuage the mind of their dumb aggrieved followers. And now,they've gone amog,turning it to religious crisis, demanding for sharia law instead of infrastructure for their exploited mineral resources as in the case of the Niger delta; with a thick amouries of mass destruction in their possessions, halting of strange flags, poor masses as their main target, threatening the nation's sovereignty.
Buahari, pls wat is boko haram fighting for? We wanna hear from u.
With this kind of insensitivity from some quotas of the north, what wud have become the fate of this country as an entity , if the nation's economic mainstay was to be from the north?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by DigitalSignal(m): 12:17pm On May 22, 2013
Professor Peter: I urge Buhari to contest 2015. I know it will lose as usual. It will go into the history of boko haram as serial loser. This is what progressive is all about

grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Chregor(m): 12:18pm On May 22, 2013
A good analysis there coming from the stable of a nation old drag: evenly comparing Niger delta militancy to a terror informed boko haram insurgency.
The former fought for a relief schemes to ameliorate dangers posed by explorations in the region, while, the latter started out as a loyalist to some political parties to waged war against the candidature and eventual emergence of Jonathan; with strings of violence, killing of corp members, setting ablazed of shops during election petitions etc. And when Buahari & co finally meet their waterloo, they couldn't assuage the mind of their dumb aggrieved followers. And now,they've ran amok,turning it to religious crisis, demanding for sharia law instead of infrastructure for their exploited mineral resources as in the case of the Niger delta; with a thick amouries of mass destruction in their possessions, halting of strange flags, poor masses as their main target, threatening the nation's sovereignty.
Buahari, pls wat is boko haram fighting for? We wanna hear from u.
With this kind of insensitivity from some quotas of the north, what wud have become the fate of this country as an entity , if the nation's economic mainstay was to be from the north?
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by AMvanquish: 12:19pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari! Alwayz a crowd puller
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Onasa22: 12:21pm On May 22, 2013
Pls no vacancy in Aso Rock!!! Why can't Buhari cal for d resignation of Gej when Boko Haram were killing innocent people?
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by zetel95(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2013
Ucheaaron:

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign
Buari pls pls just short dat ur dirty mouth, is it not u dat is the boko haram. I known y jonathan dey fear u to arrest, in other civilize country, people like den dey jail dem for life. U r coupe plot, u r a killer, every wey bad de ur hand
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 22, 2013
ayox2003:
Bro, u have said it all. Maybe they expect him not to use insecurity as a propaganda. This is politics for christsake! U gotta deploy all tools to crush ur opposition.

Here, emotions just flow like a mighty stream undecided

Frawzey

Bro., not trying to sound misogynistic - but most of the posters on this thread are men... so why can't they separate their emotions from rational thinking? A quarter of the budget was set aside for security, yet there's no security in the country. So evidently the man has a right to talk about it.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by sucnif(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazereth may u perish in the hand of the same pple u sent to killed innocent souls. may you not experience any good things in ur life from now onward (Amen & amen).

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Malawian(m): 12:31pm On May 22, 2013
ironblack: these days i shudder at the delusive ignorance and tribal slant of comments by mostly uninformed commentators on this forum.it has become a norm to attribute the islamists insurgents in the north to buhari, this is rather an unfortunate misinformation,it is high time nigerian youths started seeing the patriotic and nationalistic standpoint of buhari and stop been deceived by d lies of the stealing class......is buhari responsible for the kidnappings in the south? We shld not forget how chief obafemi awolowo was stigmatized and robbed off the presidency and at last in death he was crowned '' the best president nigeria never had'' buhari has the political will to govern and lead this country right
who robbed him of the presidency? hw was he to win without the eastern votes? he was dribbled like the "otu obo" he is ojare cool cool cool
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by wazobiaforu(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2013

He should stop criticism and provide alternative options than condemning every act of the government
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by rhymz(m): 12:35pm On May 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Stop the generalization..

Don't just stay behind your device and assume all sorts. Every Yoruba is not ACN/APC members.
I am sorry if I generalized but going by the support that he gets here on NL and rude romance going between the ACN and CPC, it will be hard not to generalize. Seriously, SW need to be clear about their relationship with the likes of Buhari, if the whole ACN/CPC merger is just so Buhari or a Northerner that feels entitled can come back through the back door, then the generalization will be justified.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Dee60: 12:36pm On May 22, 2013
GEJ needs te real people of Yobe, Borno and Adamawa to supports his efforts to quash BH. In that sense, the soldiers indeed MUST act professionally so that BH does not win the sympathy of the people. The people will be watching to determine which one is the bigger evil: BH or Emergency Rule.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 22, 2013
Can som1 tell this cattle rearer to varnish with the northeast wind ?
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by IGBAACHI: 12:39pm On May 22, 2013
“When the Niger Delta militants started their activities in the South-South, they were invited by the late President Umaru Yar’adua.
An aircraft was sent to them and their leaders met with the late President in Aso Rock and discussed issues. They were given money and a training scheme was introduced for their members. But when the Boko Haram emerged in the north members of the sect were killed,” General Buhari lamented.

CAN WE ALL NOW SEE THAT THIS MAN IS A DERANGED TRIBALIST. EVEN HIS FACE BETRAYS HIS HATRED FOR SOUTHERNERS. TELL ME, WHO WAS IN CHARGE WHEN YUSSUF WAS KILLED? WAS IT NOT THE SAME YARADUA?

OKAY, THE ARMY SHOULD NOT KILL BOKO HARAM EVEN WHEN THE ANNIHILATE PEOPLE INSIDE THE CHURCH, BUT SHOULD KILL THE IGBOS WHEN THEY TRY TO PREVENT FURTHER MASSACRE OF THEIR KITH AND KIN.

MUHAMADU BUHARI, YOU CAN NEVER RULE THIS COUNTRY. MOTHER NATURE ALONE CAN NEVER ALLOW YOU.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 22, 2013
A man who truncated civilian rule in his own country by overthrowing democratic rule cannot be allowed to be a civilian president of that country
Period.

Tinubu is indeed an opportunist without conscience by choosing to ally with a man who not only supported the stealing of Abiola's mandate but overthrew the govt a decade earlier and severely dealt with the opposition parties by throwing BOla Ige,Onabisi Onabanjo,Ambrose AllI,Sam Mbakwe and a host of others in jail,trying and retrying some of them and others till they were found guilty,hasting some of their deaths.While at the same time sparing the Politicians from his end,the most they got was house arrest for the few.
An Islamic militant by nature.

This is the same Buhari that had millions disappear from the PTF fund under his watch
The 23 suitcases saga
A man who instigated the killing of youth corpers and others in Bauchi during the 2011 elections
A man Who constantly threatens the nation with bloodshed
A religious bigot who perfected the joining of OIC and other stuff during his time
And most recently was named by Boko Haram as their mediator
Tells a lot about him

May he contest and fail woefully each time.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by calaway: 12:40pm On May 22, 2013
Harjibode:

my vote is already cast for BUHARI. /////

COME KISS MY ASS...

CARRY ON YOUR BROTHERS ARE WITH YOU.

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 22, 2013
The SOE masterstroke declared by Gej has clearly decimated the oppositions' political calculation for 2015 hence the senseless utterances from Lai » Tinubu » Buhari.

I feel sorry for them cos it must have been so frustrating seeing the essence of their merger about becoming a mirage!
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Rexyl(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2013
betrani: Of what use is the phrase "how he has fumbled" to an iliterate man!

There has been quite a lot of inflammatory utterances to sensitive political matters of national interest by him
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by TAILAS01(m): 12:52pm On May 22, 2013
[/color]
Iykopee: and the septugenerian who has been scheming to become the president of this con3 cudnt differentiate between BH and niger delta militant, in action and quest.. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt dat, decline in age is decline in productivity..buhari has reached the twilight of his career in human endeavours and shud be advised to retire from public enterprise voluntarily......
[color=#000099]
Iykopee: and the septugenerian who has been scheming to become the president of this con3 cudnt differentiate between BH and niger delta militant, in action and quest.. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt dat, decline in age is decline in productivity..buhari has reached the twilight of his career in human endeavours and shud be advised to retire from public enterprise voluntarily......
True talk
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by monex(m): 12:54pm On May 22, 2013
i have a lot of respect for General Buhari esp because of his intolerance for corruption but I have to admit he got it wrong this time.

if the insecurity is as bad as he paints it, then this is the worst time for the President to resign as it will give Boko both a moral victory and result in a retrogression in the fight against Boko.

Buhari should simply wait till 2015 when Nigerians will decide whether to elect him or not. this statement is making him look too desperate.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by mgbede: 1:05pm On May 22, 2013
I ve heard on many occasions that Buhari is a major sponsor of boko haram. No doubt about dat, because he derives joy in d political insecurity nd instability caused by d sect members. He neva wish jonathan administration well because of his selfish interest 2rule d country again, which can neva happen. Wats was his achievement wen he ruled? He is neva hapi wit any move made by jonathan. .
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 22, 2013
I know Buhari is not very intelligent but I expected him to come up with something better than this. Even his followers will be very disappointed with this analysis. I know he is playing politics because he wants to hold on to the vote of the core north, but this is very bad. You dont play politics with people's lives. I doubt even the core north will back him on this one as it is obvious Boko Haram has become a menace that needed to be dealt with a long time ago. In my opinion Buhari should let a younger, more enlightened, more articulate, person represent his party or else they will fail woefully. There are better candidates than him even within his own party.

Now my analysis is not an endorsement of Jonathan. It is just sad we have to chose between trwo people who clearly cannot lead Nigeria. Jonathan is just too weak. Boko Haram should have been dealt with a long time ago. I do not buy, the arguement of some people making the country ungovernable. Jonathan is backed by all the powers in the constitution and yet, we are being told, a bunch of criminals sponsored by fellow politicians are making the country ungovernable. Most of you claim that you know the sponsors of Boko Haram, so the question I ask is why hasn't the GEJ government arrested these people. A Boko Haram orange seller had 600 million naira pass through his account, isn't anyone tracing the source of the money? Is that too difficult to do? Who are their financiers? Or are we to believe almajeris in the North have the financial resources to take on Nigerian government? Some politicians have been linked to Boko Haram, what has happened to them?

We need leaders in Nigeria and I am hoping someone else comes out but both Jonathan and Buhari are not up to it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by kabba7(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=keishik] I wish this thread was started by Wesley80, perhaps we would've had a more apt Title like; Buhari Defends Boko Haram! Now I see why he said Buhari was "Romancing Boko Haram" Pity he got banned for it.
Seriously, does anyone need any more proof that Buhari is a Boko Haram sympathizer? It's now so glaring, Buhari is a disgrace to his agegrade
Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
Buari sure make some sense in that piece the government startred the killings by killing Mohammed Yusuf ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ co . I may not aggree with the resignation advice but clearly. Jonathan is not fit to rule this coountry
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by AAAdam(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2013
badmrkt: Buhari don't worry Buharam and their sponsors will be brought to and abrupt end.
But i'm sorry to say that there is no vacancy in aso rock till arsenal wins uefa champions league. cheesy
Don't woory na 2015
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by dikarious(m): 1:19pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari: Resign....
Jona: Ok!
Me: shey talk don end?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma Receives INEC Form As Imo APC Candidate / Akin Alabi Files House Motion To Dissolve SARS / Runing Mate: Tinubu Meets APC Chairman, 11 Northern Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.