Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,544 members, 7,885,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:27 AM

Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity (32241 Views)

CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / INEC Postpones Election Indefinitely In 18 Polling Units In Yobe Over Insecurity / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by phapi(m): 1:21pm On May 22, 2013
Ever since I was a little boy,I never heard ma father and his frnds discuss politics and say gud abt diz evil Nigerian call BURAHAM and now am a grown up boy who knows and understands d intrigues of Nigeria politics still yet diz wicked loser call BURAHAM has still not yet change from his wolf lyk antecedents

Never heard him alter any gud abt diz nation all he does is sit down in his ill-achieved comfort sitting room and criticizes d policies of GEJ jst cos of his selfish pursit for political quest

SAYING diz wifout no fear of political fear and harassment BUHARI can never wins his state governorship election not to talk of d AMIABLE presidential sit of diz great NATION....I rest ma case
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by PointB: 1:23pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari has completely lost it with this! Those of us who oppose him based on principle and his attecedents are very much vindicated.

His bigoted and irrational way of thinking did not start today, and is not about to end.

In Buhari's logic, it was OK for boko haram to kill several policemen, burn police stations; kill innocent civilians randomly, destroy churches and public places but wrong for government to fight back. In Buhari's warped and bigoted mind, it is great for Boko haram to seize people, terrorize towns and city openly in the hilux pick-up, but when government picks up the guntlet and challenge their reign of terror it is blue murder!

Buhari is as devilish and wicked as they come; he has no sense of decorum. People like him anywhere near the corridors of power will only promote bigotry and deaths in hundreds of thousand, provided it is not of 'his' people. I hope he continues to talk more frequently so that we continue to gain more insights into his twisted and evil mind.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by olayemioshiyemi: 1:24pm On May 22, 2013
[/color][color=#000099]can't belief this man said these things...may God deliver us from this wilderness called country.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by calaway: 1:27pm On May 22, 2013
[quote author=monex]i have a lot of respect for General Buhari esp because of his intolerance for corruption but I have to admit he got it wrong this time.

if the insecurity is as bad as he paints it, then this is the worst time for the President to resign as it will give Boko both a moral victory and result in a retrogression in the fight against Boko.

Buhari should simply wait till 2015 when Nigerians will decide whether to elect him or not. this statement is making him look too desperate.[/quote

excuse me. Just because Buhari jailed corrupt politicians in 1983 does not make him intolerant of corruption it was all a show to the gallery to Justify the wretched coup he lead. Among many other pointers remember that this man served in Abacha's government where he tolerated and rigmaroled in abacha's colossal corruption gala even abacha's crimes against humanity (abacha killed Ken saro wiwa and 12 ogoni elders in cold blood for cry foul on environmental degradation) and he buhari goes down on record as having said that Abacha's was not corrupt.
So kindly disabuse your intellect.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by calaway: 1:32pm On May 22, 2013
monex: i have a lot of respect for General Buhari esp because of his intolerance for corruption but I have to admit he got it wrong this time.

if the insecurity is as bad as he paints it, then this is the worst time for the President to resign as it will give Boko both a moral victory and result in a retrogression in the fight against Boko.

Buhari should simply wait till 2015 when Nigerians will decide whether to elect him or not. this statement is making him look too desperate.

excuse me. Just because Buhari jailed corrupt politicians in 1983 does not make him intolerant of corruption it was all a show to the gallery to Justify the wretched coup he lead. Among many other pointers remember that this man served in Abacha's government where he tolerated and rigmaroled in abacha's colossal corruption gala even abacha's crimes against humanity (abacha killed Ken saro wiwa and 12 ogoni elders in cold blood for cry foul on environmental degradation) and he buhari goes down on record as having said that Abacha's was not corrupt.
So kindly disabuse your intellect.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Betalyf: 1:38pm On May 22, 2013
Simple question for Buhari is what has he done as an elder statesman to mediate into this issues,all I see him do is just to spell out the problems we all know without preferring any solution at least if he thinks he can do better let him come out with a suggestion that will help the govt and if he cannot he should maintain his silence.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by 1MCN: 1:40pm On May 22, 2013
Am only concerned about what Buhari is doing to those who support him but are now on the other flank in this smoldering nationla issue. At least for their sake he should sound less uncanny and represensible and disagreeable. He's bring them so much embarassment by statements like this. Conversely, this is dropping his stock value per day
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by sweetnigga(m): 1:41pm On May 22, 2013
Ucheaaron:

http://dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/top-stories/55080-insecurity-buhari-asks-jonathan-to-resign
buhari should stop talking, if what is happening in the north at the moment is wrong we expect the likes of IBB to speak and not someone who has bad intention for the country. He should sharrap
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by AAAdam(m): 1:44pm On May 22, 2013
No Buhari. I totaly disagree wit yr statement to day. Little bit Gej try compared to last year in term of security issues. Most especially as he decleared state of emergency in the 3 northern states and allowed the governors to remain in office.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by ogorsunday(m): 1:50pm On May 22, 2013
make GEJ resign and give way to boko haram leaders abi? this bahari sef no know wetin he d talk at all.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by ugokingsley: 1:50pm On May 22, 2013
if you know or you have an idea how this present government should tackle this issue of BH please you can present your advice and see if the present government will not accept it rather than you wanting someone to step down
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by ACM10: 1:54pm On May 22, 2013
He warned that the police, SSS, army, navy and Air force should know how to conduct themselves and act professionally.
“The soldiers are not expected to go and sack a town because one of them is killed. They are expected to capture the culprits for prosecution. After all the soldiers are not meant to tackle internal crisis but when it is necessary they should act professionally.

Warning coming from Murtala Muhammed 2nd in command. Heading band of marauders who sacked Onitsha, killed the men and ra.ped the women. Buhari has no moral right to issue this warning. He is a hypocrite.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by kinguwem: 1:58pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari is demented. He has nothing new to offer this country apart from religious fanatism & ethnicity. I thought Yusuf's family was compensated & some police officers are on trial for his murder.
No sane elder stateman will support a group of terrorists irrespective of the reasons for their mission.
Buhari should retire from politics to avoid further humiliation.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by batstan(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2013
Nlanders have murdered Buhari; if i was him i'll just announce my funeral arrangement. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by killuminati(m): 2:10pm On May 22, 2013
Blueboy0402: Why cant Buhari respect his old age? What is he looking for in Aso Villa? The truth is Buhari can NEVER and will NEVER rule this country again.
oh see this one oh! Na ya papa get Aso Villa? 2015 na, we shall see!!
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by nkemKalu: 2:10pm On May 22, 2013
The truth of the matter is that your President GEJ has failed and will continue to fail. There is security problem all over the country.....and HE IS INCAPABLE OF DEALING WITH IT. I wonder why all these people who call themselves JONATHANS apologists are making noise. Anyway......I simply call it the ranting of "an ant". COME 2015, Jonathan CANNOT BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE......OR.......
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by dbride: 2:14pm On May 22, 2013
Hahahaha, so many forces all fighting secretly and openly to lead or take Nigeria. They have operated underground since God knows when, all forgetting that God wields all power and though invincible, He remains the ULTIMATE FORCE waiting in line to put all these other forces in their place. The Stage is Set and I am watching.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by dukesmith(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2013
Iykopee: and the septugenerian who has been scheming to become the president of this con3 cudnt differentiate between BH and niger delta militant, in action and quest.. It has been proven beyond reasonable doubt dat, decline in age is decline in productivity..buhari has reached the twilight of his career in human endeavours and shud be advised to retire from public enterprise voluntarily......

I love this guy... Thus is the most sensible and suitable words ever use in this argument... Buhari bin Laden must go... By fire by force.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by dbride: 2:28pm On May 22, 2013
This is now the behaviour of a desperate man. Buhari you do not need to descend this low in your quest to become president. Haba, you were there once. Go take a chill pill, wait to be invited; that is more honourable. These days, you are coming strong with negative traits that will not help your desperation. For me, you have lost your hitherto enviable rating.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Kingspin(m): 2:31pm On May 22, 2013
This man buhari must be insane o who is still rolling with his old man brain..
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by AroOkigbo(m): 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
Dreal1247: BUHARI EVERYBODY KNOWS IS THE OGA @ THE TOP OF BH. IF U ARE WAITING TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY AGAIN, YOU WILL WAIT FOR EVENITY. NO BASKET FOR ROTTEN MANGO.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by dbride: 2:34pm On May 22, 2013
hassey: I often wonder if sum nairalanders do comprehension back in there secondary school days! Cus what buhari said to me is clearer enough to b comprehended. But alot of nairalanders c no reasoning in is statement, all cos of dere hatred for him. I once watch a video clip, documented by Aljazeera, wher d police were keeling inocent citizens in borno state. Till this very moment our Government never mention or prosecute any of those police men, who find pleasure in keeling inocent citizens wum there supose to b protected. Those dat ar furtunate to watch dat clip will knw wat am talking about. Buhari is d voice of d ordinary nigerians wo have mouth but cant speak out.

Think again, I am not biased; I read and understood him. His assessment is lopsided. A 12yr old would do better.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by JoeMosco(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2013
ironblack: these days i shudder at the delusive ignorance and tribal slant of comments by mostly uninformed commentators on this forum.it has become a norm to attribute the islamists insurgents in the north to buhari, this is rather an unfortunate misinformation,it is high time nigerian youths started seeing the patriotic and nationalistic standpoint of buhari and stop been deceived by d lies of the stealing class......is buhari responsible for the kidnappings in the south? We shld not forget how chief obafemi awolowo was stigmatized and robbed off the presidency and at last in death he was crowned '' the best president nigeria never had'' buhari has the political will to govern and lead this country right
so because he did not start kidnapping, he now has the right to start/sponsor/support BH?
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 22, 2013
nkem Kalu: The truth of the matter is that your President GEJ has failed and will continue to fail. There is security problem all over the country.....and HE IS INCAPABLE OF DEALING WITH IT. I wonder why all these people who call themselves JONATHANS apologists are making noise. Anyway......I simply call it the ranting of "an ant". COME 2015, Jonathan CANNOT BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS COUNTRY ANYMORE......OR.......

Or what? Are you too afraid to complete your statement? Coward!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by solacec4t(f): 3:05pm On May 22, 2013
I have a dream.....a song to sing ( a country to rule)
im sure someone sings that
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 22, 2013
Buhari has lost it with his continuous rhetorics against Jonathan's govt and even going as far as placing ND struggle on the same pedesatal with Boko Haram's murder rampage.

ACN might lose face on the federal level with this kind of utterances from a co-merger -
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by maasoap(m): 3:28pm On May 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Only a no-hoper will entrust his or her 4 years into the hand of an old, backward looking...and not so literate elderly man in this jet age.
If you are less than 50 years old and now believe that Buhari is what Nigeria need at this time in her development...I SMH for you.
Your case is beyond redemption if you're still clinging to age game in this millennium. We've seen enough of under 50. Buhari talked within d limit of law, he didn't threaten our unity unlike Jona's dogs.
Re: Buhari Asks Jonathan To Resign Over Insecurity by kamalahmed(m): 3:29pm On May 22, 2013
Please and Please the Nairalander, I think it is high time will set criteria to enter nairaland forum e.g (30years old and must be National diploma upwad). It seem some of the nairalanders are either school cert holders or undergraduate, and such, they lack the historical record of MILLITANCY (Insecurity) in Nigeria.
Because, immediately the 1st person comment negative, or other nairalander without the mind and opinion of their own will follow suit. why

1. For God sake, anyone who call for peace and pleaded AMNESTY for Boko haram, you people will link the person to BOKO HARAM? Why?
2. Tinubu, Buhari, and other well-meaning Nigerians pleaded Amnesty for bokoharam, and as such, you people stated all rubbish against them, that their sponsoerers, this and that? That is senseless statement?

3. We the Yoruba and Igbo in the North here know who started Boko haram and the beneficiaries? Who is the Former governor of borno and present governor of Bauchi and President Jonatha is the Benefactor of Boko haram activities. That’s why is inactive over the matter all these while, if not until ICC threathen him with genocide. He kept on claiming that’ Boko haram are faceless, were the NIGER DELTA MILITANTs not faceless in 2008 before Yardua give them amnesty? Is not after the amnesty, followed by the assurance to General topolo that they should come to Abuja nothing will happen to them. Was not Governor ibori and other lead them to Abuja on Presidential chartred flight to ratified the amnesty at the Villa? You people lacks all these record because you were young in 2008. Who are the people that established Niger Delta Militants that to day metamophosrsed into kidnapping in south south and south east and part of lagos and north today? Was not Governor alamesigha, Jonathan, ibrori and Odilli? You people forget?

4. The Nigerians pleaded with yardua to give Niger delta militant (whose their senator always fought in the senate that we shu not call Niger delta, but freedom fighter) amnesty so that the nation will move forward and will leave them for God to judge them with the soul they ve killed. Today, despite the scholarship given to these idiot to study in university abroad, what do they know? What do they learn? You cannot kill a soul and have headway? Never. The samething we are begging for Boko hararm that we shu allow God to jugge them, God will not allow nemesis to catch on their founder, sponsorers and benefactor .

5. Do anybody link Niger delta militant that cause the Kidnapping we are witnessed today to those people whose pleaded with yardua for their amnstey? While linking thoser of us who pleaded amnesty for bokoharam with bokohara now?

6. Please, google the history of Boko haram, the USA (CIA department will give you the history), and check whether u will see Buhari or tinubu or Babangida inside?

7. Why are u people blind and the record of the Nigerian politics and insecurity since 2005 till date?

8. Is the Alimodu sheriff not in the state house today with Jonatha? What does jonatha do to him? Is yuguda of Bauchi not Jonathan good boy?

9. Because of the bad experience the Borno people had with Alimodu sheriff, he contested for senator in 2011 while preparing to hand over the governership, the borno people failed him, instead, they annoy and given it to the PDP candidate, despite they did not like the party but because of the candidance. A serving governor, losting senate 1/3 of it state?

10. Can the Alimodu sheriff enter Borno today? Who born him? Do you knoe the number of soldier jonathan gave him in Abuja? He only follow Jonathan to borno last three months ago since he left power? You people do not know about this?

11. Do you know the number of Yoruba, Igbo, south south, Corpers and successful men and that have been killed?

12. You people do not know that’ it is we ‘Yoruba, south south and igbo here in the North’ hold the economic of the North and make good money from their unproductive tendence?

13. You people do not know that Yoruba and Igbo build plenty houses here in the North?

14. Do you people want us to leave the north and come and join u to share your spaces and cause crowd and traffic jam in Lagos?

These are the reasons why THE MEANINGFUL people clamour for AMNESTY for boko haram, that government should be sincere and negotiate with Boko haram so that we have peace doing our business here I the north and we live God to judge Boko haram for the blood their have spilled.

15. But everyday, because of the hatred you people have for Buhari or the New party or because of your lack of records on the founder and sponsorers of Boko haram, you people links it to anyone that clamour for amnesty for Boko hara. Why?

Pls let us be sincere? You people never come to North before, we here in the North, we do not need anybody to tell us the founder, the sponsoerers and benefactors of Bokoharam activities? They are PDPs and the Tea leader is Jonathan. Accept it or leave it.

I wish Nigeria well. 2015 election will solve our problems permanently by the grace of God. Nemesis will catch on all of them who found, sponsor, and benefits from Boko haram and Nigerdelta millitants

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

We Will Ignore IPOB Provocations - Arewa Youths / Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu at the Holy Mosque on lesser Hajj (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.