Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,260 members, 7,923,250 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 09:29 PM

Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread - TV/Movies (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread (2198714 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa The Chase Finale After-party Pictures / Angelo And Bimp Evicted From Big Brother Africa The Chase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2727) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2013
fashrola: there's a great difference between Pidgin English and Swahili and Zulu...so why would Biggie give dem a strike? Don't bring sentiment into this..Almost 70% of African Countries speak Pidgin English though in a diff way but at least there is an effective communication if you can manoeuvre...So there's no big deal abt it

Are you assuming that all africans understand pidgin english? if so then you are WRONG. Cos a few housemates have already confeessed to not understanding it.

My point is any other language apart from queens english is illegal amd should earn any defaulter a strike. Whether pidgin, yoruba, hausa or swahilli. Melvin and elikem are defaulters, therfore they should get a strike each.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by tosincci: 11:31am On Jul 23, 2013
Its funny hw some peeps doy understand d politic of voting. We voted bassey an he left so what! We vote Elikem and he is evicted so what!

Who are we hoping to win? Melvin!!! Then S/L and Ghana are always gonna vote for us. Kenya, Tz or uganda wont vote melvin.

As it stands we v only s/l, ghana roa and namibia wen dillish leave as sure votes. If we vote elikem that is. Angola and/or maalawi will b a plus in final days.

Also, SA v 7 countries, EA 4, and WA 3. If melvin is to win at d final at least angelo, oneal, sulu/cleo and nando or feza must still remain in dat house. If not forget it

Strange hw ppl r nt thinking. Also no mata he bad d situation 9ja and Ghana relationship pass BBA so we shld only vote elikem. U cam even see hw elikem and melvin bond. We don pass dat level.

Pls tink well. Anyways i wont collect outta d money. If 9ja peeps cant b smart abt smtin dis simple well.....

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by nkwako: 11:32am On Jul 23, 2013
Dis fork addict r u okay at all all u've been doing on this thread is ranting ....cum go to hell ..... we love elikem and Melvin dat way

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:34am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:

Na wa for you o. where did i mention producers making money from auditions?

Naija alone boycotting the show automatically translates to having no sponsors for the show remember there are 14 other countries involved. They may even enlist cameroun.

Agreed, revenue may dwindle, but to assume the death of the show is a far reaching conclusion without basis
Do u know about sponsorships...my sis is into events and production..I help her most times with this things..
Minus d 300k do u know how much they spend on the housemates for 3 months, babylon accommodation and flight tickets.
The sponsors are the ones whose adverts u see everyday.
If u haven't noticed that over 60% of those adverts are Nigerian adverts..including the airtel adverts, lipton, close-up, the yvonne advert, even dat body cream..dunno d name tho. Airtel and lipton might be in S.A but remember their largest market remains Nigeria.
As a sponsor u consider who and who is watching..
The sponsors they have now 4rm S.A are enuf to host a bba Mzansi..but not enuf 4 bba..and trust me..only 1 advert 4rm airtel isn't Nigerian..that's the Zambian mobile advert.
So yes Nigeria is their largest market for both sponsors and biggie.
Even Uhuru/rig is in 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 11:38am On Jul 23, 2013
Belmot: Nairaland is 0.00000001% of Nigeria u hear.

As of today, Nairaland has about 1097520 users. Assume only a third of these are active users. The remaining for inactive posters and duplicated handles. this is a very fair ratio if you ask me.

A third of 1097520 is 365840.

Naija's population is 160000000.

(365840/160000000)X100 = 0.229% of the population are active members of NL.

Now compare 0.22% to your figure of 0.00000001%

4 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2013
can we stop all the bikering and ranting?
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:41am On Jul 23, 2013
Final role call

Ekene (Lead Actor/ Loverman)- Melvin

Lead actress- Cleo

Supporting actress/ bestie of Lead actress- Dillish

Kamo (Supporting actor/ lead's friend)- Angelo

Kumawa (Drug addict (bro)- Nando

Doctor- Bimp

Coffeeshop owner- JJ

Bev and Sulu's roles I dunno

They've started rehearsals
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by StateOfMind: 11:41am On Jul 23, 2013
Thank God for today's task. At least I can focus on a channel to watch all my favourites. There is no 1 I can stand in that second group. I won't even be watching them at all.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 11:43am On Jul 23, 2013
nkwako: Dis fork addict r u okay at all all u've been doing on this thread is ranting ....cum go to hell ..... we love elikem and Melvin dat way

You love them speaking in pidgin but if Feza and nando start speaking in Swahilli, you will start petitioning Big brother. You are so immature and biased and i got no further comments to you on this.

Next please!

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:45am On Jul 23, 2013
StateOfMind: Thank God for today's task. At least I can focus on a channel to watch all my favourites. There is no 1 I can stand in that second group. I won't even be watching them at all.
azzin eh, as if you know grin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by melanie74: 11:46am On Jul 23, 2013
Why did Mnet go to senate some years back when naija threatened to pull out after the offuneka incident? That's cos they couldn't do without naija market. It was the senate that gave them the condition of not showing shower hour and stuff. They set those rules so truly if we pull out, I do t think they'll continue. There's no harm in trying. Let's make our voice heard. Linda ikeji blog, Uti, denrele, biola, ik etc let's do his.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:48am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:

You love them speaking in pidgin but if Feza and nando start speaking in Swahilli, you will start petitioning Big brother. You are so immature and biased and i got no further comments to you on this.

Next please!
>>>
fashrola: there's a great difference between Pidgin English and Swahili and Zulu...so why would Biggie give dem a strike? Don't bring sentiment into this..Almost 70% of African Countries speak Pidgin English though in a diff way but at least there is an effective communication if you can manoeuvre...So there's no big deal abt it
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by fashrola(m): 11:49am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:

Are you assuming that all africans understand pidgin english? if so then you are WRONG. Cos a few housemates have already confeessed to not understanding it.

My point is any other language apart from queens english is illegal amd should earn any defaulter a strike. Whether pidgin, yoruba, hausa or swahilli. Melvin and elikem are defaulters, therfore they should get a strike each.
wow!!! When Big Brother strikes Oneal, Annabel, Feza, Nando, Bimpe, for conspiration then he can go ahead and give Melvin and Elikem a strike

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:53am On Jul 23, 2013
MIGHTY MELVIN'S tongue DS

He thinks Bassey did good by telling Bimp that there were no hard feelings and thinks Bimp did what he had to do last night.

He feels like Bimp is a good HOH, he doesn't blame him for losing last week's task, they lost together.

He's happy about this week's task as it revolves around what most of the housemates do and they're already on it.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2013
safarigirl:
Do u know about sponsorships...my sis is into events and production..I help her most times with this things..
Minus d 300k do u know how much they spend on the housemates for 3 months, babylon accommodation and flight tickets. (1)
The sponsors are the ones whose adverts u see everyday.
If u haven't noticed that over 60% of those adverts are Nigerian adverts..including the airtel adverts, lipton, close-up, the yvonne advert, even dat body cream..dunno d name tho. Airtel and lipton might be in S.A but remember their largest market remains Nigeria. (2)
As a sponsor u consider who and who is watching..(3)
The sponsors they have now 4rm S.A are enuf to host a bba Mzansi..but not enuf 4 bba..and trust me..only 1 advert 4rm airtel isn't Nigerian..that's the Zambian mobile advert. (4)
So yes Nigeria is their largest market for both sponsors and biggie. (5)
Even Uhuru/rig is in 9ja
(1) One does not need to have a ph.D in events and productions to know these things. Its common sense.
(2) all those sponsors you mentioned have markets in other parts of africa apart from Naija. are you saying that their naija market share is bigger than those of other countries combined? i have seen an airtel advert that says you can share your BB moments in 18 countries across africa. So are you now saying that naija market alone is bigger than the remaining 17 combined? please dont make me laff @safarigirl.
(3) Agreed.
(4) Possibly.
(5) Individual market, yes. But naija alone can not outweigh the other markets combined.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ozodigboo(m): 11:57am On Jul 23, 2013
GH Patriot/Kwame, Miss 3_v_3, Tuso, Chriskwaku, Otumfour - and all the regular ghanaians on this thread- where have y'all been hiding since Elikem came up for eviction ?
Plz come out and smile , cos Naija will vote Elikem with all her might.
We are also campaigning on Twitter & Facebook.
We can't just help it - we are brothers. see how melvin clung to Selly. its natural.

Elikem till day 89 [ not 91, because we can't have so many WA in d finale. . . i hope we understand ]
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:
(1) True. Afterall, we download those clips from the net.
(2) But it was the same angelo that fi.ngered her shey? So as far as you are concerned, its okay to be fingered on camera but not okay to fork? So he respected her by fin.gering her and not forking her? My opinion is fin.gering is just as bad as forking.
(3)All a guy needs to do to earn your respect in BB house is to finge.r a girl and not fork her. LOL
(4)Same as 3 above.
(5) Highly subjective. That you have a problem with it does not mean everyone else should have a problem with it. and that you have a problem with it does not in a ny way make you superior to those who do not have a problem with it.
(6) I dont necessarily have to upload mine. people have uploaded theirs and they are available online for any interested party. Wny must it be mine you want to see?
Lmao!!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by safarigirl(f): 11:58am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:
(1) One does not need to have a ph.D in events and productions to know these things. Its common sense.
(2) all those sponsors you mentioned have markets in other parts of africa apart from Naija. are you saying that their naija market share is bigger than those of other countries combined? i have seen an airtel advert that says you can share your BB moments in 18 countries across africa. So are you now saying that naija market alone is bigger than the remaining 17 combined? please dont make me laff @safarigirl.
(3) Agreed.
(4) Possibly.
(5) Individual market, yes. But naija alone can not outweigh the other markets combined.
>>>>>>>>
melanie74: Why did Mnet go to senate some years back when naija threatened to pull out after the offuneka incident? That's cos they couldn't do without naija market. It was the senate that gave them the condition of not showing shower hour and stuff. They set those rules so truly if we pull out, I do t think they'll continue. There's no harm in trying. Let's make our voice heard. Linda ikeji blog, Uti, denrele, biola, ik etc let's do his.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by AFUA1979: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2013
larrybabe: Pokello has apologised for the ‘’West Africa Morrafucckkers’’ comment she made while in the Big Brother house..... she said she got very emotional at that time because housemates were scared of nominating Naija reps (Medicine after death) Did u Pokello nominate Naija NO!!! Because she was feeling them and was also close to Mel and Bev.......

The Lamborghini pix that was posted a few pages back, she said it is not her car but that she took snaps of the front view of a spa in Zimbabwe and also captured the ride....hmmmmmmmmm

In all honesty, I miss Pokello,the house is now such a cool, calm place.....no more drama, everyone pretending to get along.... SMH
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by fashrola(m): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2013
fork adict:

Next please!
When Feza and Annabel spoke in Swahili did we petitioned BB? When they spoke in a foreign language we all knew they were conspiring which is against the rule of the House...which BB is doing nothing about (who cares), Just tell me if Melvin and Elikem are conspiring against the HMs with their pidgin language.... No!! They r just gisting...is just that SADC and EA HMs are just filled with hatred for the WA HMs (Who's got nothing on them) So as far as BB is ok with the Pidgin conversation why are you ranting on dis Forum? Go ahead to the official website and lay a complaint....
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 11:59am On Jul 23, 2013
Lmao..
On sunday evening,I heard feza and Oneal arguing bout "Milo" being a south african product.
Just few minutes ago,he found out that milo na 9ja product(not sure if the product is 9ja though),Oneal refused to take milo again o. grin grin grin damn..naija dey do that froggy strong thing o.
Hunger go catch am.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 23, 2013
melvins DS
He is good and was suprised with the names of the nominees.He was happy his name wasnt mentioned though with the swap no one can be safe.He was shocked with hearing Cleo's name.He said you can never be sure who got replaced.Bimp has been well,understanding and he is intelligent.He can lead and he takes part in decision making.He like the task since its his field in reality.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 12:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
fashrola: wow!!! When Big Brother strikes Oneal, Annabel, Feza, Nando, Bimpe, for conspiration then he can go ahead and give Melvin and Elikem a strike
True.

Fact is they all deserve a strike each. The sequence is irrelevant
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
safarigirl: MELVIN'S tongue DS

He thinks Bassey did good by telling Bimp that there were no hard feelings and thinks Bimp did what he had to do last night.

He feels like Bimp is a good HOH, he doesn't blame him for losing last week's task, they lost together.

He's happy about this week's task as it revolves around what most of the housemates do and they're already on it.

Please note that I have already taken out the title.

Very dry DS. Nothing new. Nothing inspiring. So bland.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Kslib(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
ella.b:
Lmao..
On sunday evening,I heard feza and Oneal arguing bout "Milo" being a south african product.
Just few minutes ago,he found out that milo na 9ja product(not sure if the product is 9ja though),Oneal refused to take milo again o. grin grin grin damn..naija dey do that froggy strong thing o.
Hunger go catch am.
Tell me you're kidding!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
O'neals DS
His hairstyle~to embrass BBA experience Housemates.it feels good to have them around and they have injected some energy to him.He feel so relaxed with everyone around.This however tempers withtthe trend of one's game

Meeting Emerald house:they were kept at bay for too long and when he saw them the experience under weighing.However they are cool and the common link among them is they are reserved,try too hard and can see through them.Possess characteristics of the South of Africa.

The fight against west Africa is not a fight and he picked up that some west Africans though are territorial and want to be heard.He said Bassey was like a young brother to him.

Eviction and nomination - Pokello was a boss lady who shot herself in her foot.Her downfall was her relationship with Elikem.This led to them being nominated and her being evicted.
His biggest completion is Melvin
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by AFUA1979: 12:07pm On Jul 23, 2013
VOTE ELIKEM ALL DAY EVERY DAY!!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by forkadict(m): 12:08pm On Jul 23, 2013
ella.b:
Lmao..
Hunger go catch am.

LMAO. are you serious?

If true, then this guy's paranoia is on a whole new level. Damn!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ozodigboo(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
Afua1979, GH Patriot/Kwame, Otumfour, ghboy, Tuso, Miss 3_v_3, Tuso . . . and other ghanaians on this thread - plz where have u all been hiding since Elikem came up for eviction ?
Plz come out and smile - Naija will vote Elikem with all her might. we are also moving to facebook and twitter in droves.
Whether we like it or not, we are brothers . . the same. . .no use denying it.
Even Melvin clung to Selly immediately. . . . denying it, didn't do him any good.
I was so impressed with Elikem's spoken Nigerian English [pidgin] yestday.

Elikem till day 89. . . . [ not 91, because. . .u see. . . let's b frank here - clumping all WA into the finale won't help anybody ]

One love. . . GH = NG.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by ellab(f): 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Kslib:
Tell me you're kidding!!!

Walahi,I ve been laughing since about it.its so funny.
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Dannyxy(m): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
Crazy!
Re: Big Brother Africa "The Chase" Official Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2013
i read some comments here from some few pages back and cringed in sadness... For some people not have seen that the hatred from owlneal and his xenophobic lots has a gargantuan effects on its viweres who are africans is beyond my imagination

it only takes y'all to go twitter and co and see what SADC citizens who have swallowed owlneal's teachings, hook, line and sinker, are saying about WA. Its pitiable to say the least... Even pokello has apologised knowing the gravity of her vile utterances against a region for no tangible reason and yet some people insist that we should keep quiet cos "BBA admins are jobless if they listen to us"

i feel like a fool championing this course... Now i know why derenle and karen kept mute about this all stuff.. Nigerians never see anything wrong in this owlneal's case cos i guess we're used to racism/tribalism and xenophobia.. No wonder our citizens are murdered in different countries and we keep quiet about it.. It starts from one man's opinion and then escalate into a hydra headed problems just cos of an opinion of one man. People are saying that our campaign are useless as if the cry out against the various paedophilic senators didnt start from the media... I wish i can take back my words to uti.. My
campaign stops this minute.. Happy xenophobic day y'all

Lemme and go vote elikem jare.. If owlneal wins, i will celebrate it, since xenophobia and tribalism are now the core values of nigerians and BBA

good afternoon y'all

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (2727) (Reply)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.