Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:55 PM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29820 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Don't mind him, no be today me and the guy begin argue I know Ijawkid's style:

1. When he sees a verse, first thing he does is search the internet for a bible version that renders it vaguely so that he can latch on to it. It is normal to see Ijawkid swinging from KJV to NIV to NLT to RSV and back to KJV. The funny thing is that if you quote KJV and he is quoting NIV then KJV is wrong. If you are quoting NIV and he is on KJV, then NIV is wrong. In Ijawkid's universe, only the version he quotes renders the verse correctly

2. If Ijawkid has searched the scripture and cannot find a vague translation, he'll do another search of the bible and find a verse that is completely unrelated to the context of the verse you provided for instance if you tell him that the Holy Ghost is a person because He speaks, he'll tell you that blood also speaks completely ignoring the context.

3. If that fails, Ijawkid will demand that you provide something that is not in the bible to back up what you have already showed him in the bible. For example if you show him where the bible clearly says that the Holy Spirit came from heaven, he'll ask you to show him where the Holy Spirit is in heaven conveniently forgetting that you have just shown him that the Holy Spirit came from hean.

4. Where that fails, he will start making infantile arguments involving God's mouth, eyes, and nose

5. If that fails, he'll ask you the same question ten times that you have already answered ten times before. For example after you have told him that "the Son is not the Father". He will continue asking you over and over again if the Son is the Father.

6. When all his objections fail, he will tell you that the bible is not correct and that what the bible said is not what the bible said. for instance; "the Word was God" does not mean that "the Word was God".

7. When you point out that that is a silly contradiction on his part, he'll tell you that what you are saying makes no sense. . .and so the cycle continues for 40 pages and counting
grin grin grin Kai!!! you have already captured how ijawkid argues. You are so on point bro..
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 9:47am On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

some people name na Yahweh.... it wasn't only jesus that go by the name in bible... so this your point is void. he said before him there was no god formed or created.

Is that ^ a truth or a lie ?

Can you show us where some one bears the name Jehovah or Yahweh accept The one that Yahweh authorised to bear his name ?

If you cannot, then please, stop lying on this thread.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 9:50am On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Abeg show me another person for the scriptures wey answer Yahweh....abeg just show me.......

He talks like a very Good liar.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 9:55am On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

again you don't get my point... if someone call his son Yahweh today... does it make him the YAHWEH or it makes him a Yahweh?

No! no! no!!!

Show us another person that bears the name Yahweh. Simple.

If not, you are a liar and remain a liar and i will henceforth address you as A LIAR. Simple.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:58am On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

Is that ^ a truth or a lie ?

Can you show us where some one bears the name Jehovah or Yahweh accept The one that Yahweh authorised to bear his name ?

If you cannot, then please, stop lying on this thread.

are you reasoning with your head?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

are you reasoning with your head?

hi LIAR!

How far ?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

hi LIAR!

How far ?

this is the reason why i left this thread. I knew it will eventually come to this, people come to naialand carrying pride and ego. No one wants to admit that 'I didn't know this truth, thanks for showing me', they would rather turn the whole thing on its head with insults (wanna be bible scholars). We are all here to learn, don't be about your next argument and lose what would be useful for practice in your walk with God.

The scripture says-

2 Corinthians 10:4
(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink. The weapon of our warfare is the word of God, it pulls down strongholds like pride, bitterness, envy etc. If you see the truth in the word of God and you decide to argue for the sake of winning an argument, you are in Christ as though you are out of him.
It is also written that 'Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall'.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:16am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
I am yet to see a single bible verse that proves that God is not Trinity

Lol.

grin

why are you deliberately doing this to yourself ?

grin

smh.

We leave that to other readers to read and deduce how honest a person your are.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
I am yet to see a single bible verse that proves that God is not Trinity

frosbel: @Anony

You must be living in Lala Land then wink

lol
You notice it also?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:30am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:

Try this instead: Doctrine of Tithes - The principle of giving

shocked

So, you too ?

You collect Tithe ?

I hope your means of lively hood is not from tithing also ?

No wander you dont come near tithing thread.

I will save this post for future reference
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 11:37am On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).
"But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God". (Luke 22:69)

The more you fight against Truth, the more it stares you in the face
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
I've ignored the rest because they are not relevant to the topic but I'll press you on this.

This is what the Trinity means in short form

1. God is One
2. The Father is God
3. The Son is God
4. The Holy Spirit is God

5. The Father is not the Son
6. The Father is not the Holy Spirit
7. The Son is not the Father
8. The Son is not the Holy Spirit
9. The Holy Spirit is not the Son
10. The Holy Spirit is not the Father
11. God is one being and three persons.

I challenge anyone to produce any bible verse/verses that refutes the above statements.

It is an absolute waste of time to duel on that ^ rubbish.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 11:52am On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
"But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God". (Luke 22:69)

let him worship more than one God even as one of the 10 command forbids it...
let him turn to other gods for salvation as the bible forbids it too...
let him call everyone liar... Like how he said Jesus was a liar when he says he is not a spirit...
let him display a fair amount of immaturity to us... that way he will be taken serious he may think so...
there is nothing in the bible he believe... but he believes what is on the magazine... their spiritual food... if bible says Jesus is A and the magazine says no Jesus is B... you know the one he will believe.
truthislight that is how the light get lighter and lighter... that word which is not found in the bible is use to cover the ass of the people who feed you the spiritual food when the truth suddenly become a lie later the lie turns back to truth later lie again... its called flip flop...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

When you open dictionary to try to understand bible meaning then you will fail to understand... its shocking how I took my time distinguish spirit for you and now you came back to same palaba... the other day you also admit you know what it means... I gave you various examples and yet you come back to that palaba...

lie lie guy.

You mean that your "he" and "she" post you ascribed to the holy spirit and as such said that the holy spirit is a person ?

You were asked, "that Nigeria is called a she, does that make Nigeria a person" ?

What say you mr lie lie ?

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: wrong! this is an error from Jw who think the Holy Spirit is a kind of active force..Jesus could have said,"when the Holy Spirit come". He kept repeating the word "he", however as if he wanted to make sure we knew the Holy Spirit is Not just a force or cloud.

John 16:13
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. (NIV)

Yes, when the spirit of truth "comes" it leads people or empowers people to stand in the truth.

When the spirit of satan comes, it will empower his followers to lie and do his(satan's) will.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 12:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
I wonder how someone can blaspheme against a force.

It means if you deliberately blaspheme against the action of God, u will not be forgiven, since there is no one that can help you except the God whose action you had opposed.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Enigma:

Oga truthislight, I dey oh! Just taking things easy a little.

Thanks and trust ya side too dey fine. smiley

Am well.

After that your seriouse exposition on bible cannon which took a lot of steam from you, yea! You needed a break.

Good to see you again.
Peace though.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 1:45pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr liar.

benalvino:

Yeah son of God.
But is He God?

When you come to know that the word "God" is a title that can be attained by even human and stones and satan then you will come to know that Jesus is also a very big spirit person that have attained that title > "God", Infact, a very powerful one at that,(mighty God). He Jesus is more powerful than the god satan.

(remember that there were no capital letters, upper and lower case alphabet in Hebrew writings)

However, the all and all is no one else than YAHWEH >>>>>>> THE ALMIGHTY GOD(most powerful, the GOD that has all the power).

The God that gave Jesus Christ power after his baptism.

The God that Jesus said he will beg to send his power to the disciples.

He told them: "you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be disciple of me in all Judea and to the most distant part of the earth"

The King of ETERNITY is YAHWEH.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight: Mr liar.

When you come to know that the word "God" is a title that can be attained by even human and stones and satan then you will come to know that Jesus is also a very big spirit person that have attained that title > "God", Infact, a very power one at that,(mighty God). He Jesus is more powerful than the god satan.

(remember that there were no capital letters, upper and lower case alphabet in Hebrew writings)

However, the all and all is no one else than YAHWEH >>>>>>> THE ALMIGHTY GOD(most powerful, the GOD that has all the power).

The God that gave Jesus Christ power after his baptism.

The God that Jesus said he will beg to send his power to the disciples.

He told them: "you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be disciple of me in all Judea and to the most distant part of the earth"

The King of ETERNITY is YAHWEH.
I would have responded if you are matured enough... but you lost all your credibility...
So go play somewhere am busy
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Don't mind him, no be today me and the guy begin argue I know Ijawkid's style:

1. When he sees a verse, first thing he does is search the internet for a bible version that renders it vaguely so that he can latch on to it. It is normal to see Ijawkid swinging from KJV to NIV to NLT to RSV and back to KJV. The funny thing is that if you quote KJV and he is quoting NIV then KJV is wrong. If you are quoting NIV and he is on KJV, then NIV is wrong. In Ijawkid's universe, only the version he quotes renders the verse correctly

2. If Ijawkid has searched the scripture and cannot find a vague translation, he'll do another search of the bible and find a verse that is completely unrelated to the context of the verse you provided for instance if you tell him that the Holy Ghost is a person because He speaks, he'll tell you that blood also speaks completely ignoring the context.

3. If that fails, Ijawkid will demand that you provide something that is not in the bible to back up what you have already showed him in the bible. For example if you show him where the bible clearly says that the Holy Spirit came from heaven, he'll ask you to show him where the Holy Spirit is in heaven conveniently forgetting that you have just shown him that the Holy Spirit came from hean.

4. Where that fails, he will start making infantile arguments involving God's mouth, eyes, and nose

5. If that fails, he'll ask you the same question ten times that you have already answered ten times before. For example after you have told him that "the Son is not the Father". He will continue asking you over and over again if the Son is the Father.

6. When all his objections fail, he will tell you that the bible is not correct and that what the bible said is not what the bible said. for instance; "the Word was God" does not mean that "the Word was God".

7. When you point out that that is a silly contradiction on his part, he'll tell you that what you are saying makes no sense. . .and so the cycle continues for 40 pages and counting

Who has been the one marking statement that contradicts the bible here ? Is it IJawkid that said Jesus did not die etc ? No.

You are the one going Against the scriptures but wishes to maligned IJawkid now.

All Ijawkid has been doing is to set the record straith as to avoid contradicting the bible.

That is why you fit the "serpent" himself.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Guy liar.

How far ?
benalvino:
When mary call the father mighty God what does it mean?

Mighty God means powerful God.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 2:24pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:

Mighty God means Powerful God.

Even satan has power.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
Hi guy liar.

benalvino:

let him worship more than one God even as one of the 10 command forbids it...
let him turn to other gods for salvation as the bible forbids it too...
let him call everyone liar... Like how he said Jesus was a liar when he says he is not a spirit...
let him display a fair amount of immaturity to us... that way he will be taken serious he may think so...
there is nothing in the bible he believe... but he believes what is on the magazine... their spiritual food... if bible says Jesus is A and the magazine says no Jesus is B... you know the one he will believe.
truthislight that is how the light get lighter and lighter... that word which is not found in the bible is use to cover the ass of the people who feed you the spiritual food when the truth suddenly become a lie later the lie turns back to truth later lie again... its called flip flop...

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6).

it is wrong to accused one FALSELY.

The bible said that the son will be called mighty God and not me. wink
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

The bible said that the son will be called mighty God and not me. wink
Ok if you accept Jesus as God, Why are you still arguing about His divinity na
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Ok if you accept Jesus as God, Why are you still arguing about His divinity na
I ask him why Mary called the father mighty God...
him no answer... how can the father be mighty and almighty at the same time?
him no answer. So I don't want to respond to him he is not thinking maturely...

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 3:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Guy liar.

benalvino:
I would have responded if you are matured enough... but you lost all your credibility...
So go play somewhere am busy

Can you now show to us the other people that also answer Yahweh or Jehovah like you had said earlier ?

You can lie so easily and openly, how can others take you seriousely and think you have a conscience ?

Many people reading may have taken you for a honest fellow with conscience not knowing better but taking all your post for truth not knowing how decietfully a liar you are.

The truth is, but for Yahweh revealing himself to the Jews, no other nation knew about him and cannot ever come to know that name.

The Jews are even afraid of that name let alone use it to call their children as a name > Yahweh.

How than did you arrived at what you said ?

But you, a lying deceitful no conscience no gooder without the fear of God with desperation for a debate will say all sort of lies to project your lies and still carry a straith face.

Are you now ready to show us the other persons that bears the name Yahweh ?

If not, you remain a liar without the fear or respect for Yahweh.

"You are from your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abide not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition for he is a liar, and the father of the lie. " (John 8:44).
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 3:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Ok if you accept Jesus as God, Why are you still arguing about His divinity na

I said he is not Yahweh.

The holy spirit is not a person because the bible did not say that the holy spirit is a person as it says of Yahweh and Jesus.

"Do not go beyond what is written"

NIV/ESV/
Now brothers, these things i have transferred so as to apply to myself and apollos for your good, that in our case you may learn the (rule): "Do not go beyond the things that are written" ...................
(1cor4:6)
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

I said he is not Yahweh.
ofcos i totally agree he is not Yahweh.Yahweh is the Father, Yashua is the Son.And both are God do you agree?

The holy spirit is not a person because the bible did not say that the holy spirit is a person as it says or Yahweh and Jesus.
But scripture actually told us plainly that he is a person."He is called the Spirit of truth". Remember?
"Do not go beyond what is written"

NIV/ESV/
Now brothers, these things i have transferred so as to apply to myself and apollos for your good, that in our case you may learn the (rule): "Do not go beyond the things that are written" ...................
(1cor4:6)
No one is going beyond what is written. We all quoted scripture to back our statements na.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 3:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: ofcos i totally agree he is not Yahweh.Yahweh is the Father, Yashua is the Son.And both are God do you agree?

But scripture actually told us plainly that he is a person."He is called the Spirit of truth". Remember?
No one is going beyond what is written. We all quoted scripture to back our statements na.
you they follow someone(truthislight) that cant reason talk... One of jay-z's music he said lord mc me jehovah does it mean the Jehovah in the bible?

Jay-z don't believe in God... Once he says whats a God to a non believe? He can say anything he likes About any Religion call his children any name he likes all we have to do is wait for the day he will be Judged.

I said atheist can call their children any name they like and yet his brain cant comprehend instead he uses is weak argument by calling me a liar...
just because your brain is too weak to understand doesn't make someone a liar. you suppose to be arguing with children of 8 to 12 years... that's your brain capacity at the moment.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
Guy liar.

benalvino:
you they follow someone(truthislight) that cant reason talk... One of jay-z's music he said lord mc me jehovah does it mean the Jehovah in the bible?

Jay-z don't believe in God... Once he says whats a God to a non believe? He can say anything he likes About any Religion call his children any name he likes all we have to do is wait for the day he will be Judged.

I said atheist can call their children any name they like and yet his brain cant comprehend instead he uses is weak argument by calling me a liar...
just because your brain is too weak to understand doesn't make someone a liar. you suppose to be arguing with children of 8 to 12 years... that's your brain capacity at the moment.

Hi guy liar.

Do you learn from Jay z ?

you are lying even the more.

You clearly said that others can bear the name Yahweh.

Have you forgotten or you are just doing what you do best.

You should not forget that you dont even believe in the name Jehovah/Yahweh.

cool.

Have i lied against you ? No.

I cannot even sweat for your type.

I tell people who they are, and for you, you are a liar.

cool

i did not send you to lie.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 3:54pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam:
But scripture actually told us plainly that he(holy spirit) is a person."He is called the Spirit of truth". Remember?

No, i dont remember.
cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

No, i dont remember.
cool
Oh! ofcos i forgot you hardly read the bible

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (48) (Reply)

RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / The Lord’s Chosen Auditorium Collapses In Asaba (Photos) / Pastor Throws Kick At His Attacker (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.