Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,215 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:49 AM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29570 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus called him self God almighty you say he didn't but failed to explain why he didn't...

2 first and last
2 alpha and omega
concerning Trinitarians am saying not everything or concept one brings I will accept. people have different way of explaining stuffs.

you are into the business of making titles abi?
Colossians 1:15-20 if you will link this to first and last it means you are saying he is the firstborn from the dead and will be the last born from the dead or are you saying he will be the first and last to come from the dead...

Simple.....Jesus is the first fruits of those who would be ressurected to heavenly life...how last??....the Father himself ressurected Jesus,and through Jesus he would ressurect all others who have that heavenly hope...once again Jesus becomes that agent through which God would ressurect the righteous ones after Jesus himself was ressurected by the Father(the first)...

benalvino:

if Jesus have all the power and authority what does that make him? Almighty God... he is God from the beginning... am still saying unless you agree that bibles contradict it self you have to believe Jesus is God. the role which the 3 plays or how God made it for us to be saved is what is just a mystery.

of course he is greater... Jesus bleed he gave up his deity and he will be exalted to where he was before... the Word is God and it became Flesh...
Jesus from the beginning was given what ever he possesses.....life,power,knowledge .....name it...and more was given to him after his being obedient to his God...

You said he would be exalted....one who was the almighty God before in his former life does not need any exaltation whatsoever..but as we know Jesus waited,worked so hard and was exalted by his superior(The Father)....and was given power and authority...you can't be given what you already have...that is the height of absurdity...and how God saved mankind isn't a mystery..it is the trinity that is making it a mystery..

benalvino:

the father will become the supreme ruler over all
again you cant run from the fact that the son is God. and God will be all in all...
In him all the fullness of deity lives. not some but the fullness of God.
so since the father will be the ruler over all as the father is that one God... Jesus wont be the ruler... but is that what the bible teaches? lets see.
Colossians 3:11
but Christ is all, and in all...
another reason Christ is included with the Father as the God who reigns supreme over all is due to the fact that the Holy Scriptures plainly teach that Jesus’ rule never ceases, that even after his subjection Christ will continue to reign forever. For instance, the prophet Daniel was granted a vision where he saw a human figure receiving an eternal kingdom with all creation worshiping him:
Jesus' headship over man would be eternal.so also that of the Fathers rule over Christ...your problem is you're trying to squeeze Jesus into the Father who as 1 corinthians 15:28 tells us would be the supreme ruler over all......the word supreme shows that Jesus would still rule but his rulership wouldn't be the ultimate,because he himself is subject to the Father....

Colossians 3:11 saying Christ is all in all exempts the Father who is head over him..when you quote scriptures like colossians 3:11 try to always remember that Christ has a head...and so Jesus being all and all exempts the Father who is all and all over Jesus...try not to always forget this truths...1 corinthians 11:3 is always stand by....and may I remind you that in daniels vision the righteous ones who are given kingdoms are also told to be adored or revered??

benalvino:

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed." Daniel 7:13-14

Jesus, according to the NT, is that Son of Man of Daniel 7:13-14:

"But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, ‘Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?’ And Jesus said, ‘I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.’" Mark 14:61-62

"But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, ‘Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.’" Acts 7:55-56

Thus, Jesus as the Son of Man is an eternal King who rules over the entire creation for all eternity! There are other passages which reiterate this point:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this." Isaiah 9:6-7

"And the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.’" Luke 1:30-33

"For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:11

These texts explicitly say that Christ rules over an eternal kingdom, not a temporary one. Moreover, Paul wrote that Christ is completely sovereign even in the age to come:
Was the throne of david a temporary one??.....like I had sounded it before this kingdom which is to last forever stems from the Father...remember??....solomon sat on that throne(Yahwehs throne),david and now Jesus.....and this rulership is to last forver.....like I had pointed out earlier,the source of that throne or power to rule is what you have not been paying attention to...

In heaven don't you see Jesus sitting on Yahwehs throne as solomon did??....I can't wake up to say solomon is Yahweh because he sat on Yahwehs throne.....the source is the ish bro...

1 corinthians 15:27-28 is just telling you that Jesus' mission was at its climax and so he hands over or rulership to his Father who is the rightful owner and originator of it and then subjects himself to the Father,while the rest of the angels,and mankind are subjected to Jesus...this hierarchy is forever...no twist and turn can change it..(1 corinthians 11:3)

benalvino:
"and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all." Ephesians 1:19-23
And again the Father is exalting is son and servant to a high position...this is the Christ God ressurected and exalted and appointed him head of the church....all these verses proves Jesus is so dependent on his Father and that the Father is greater...Jesus is what he is because of the Father...pharoah exalted joseph to a very high position(infact 2nd in command to him),but that never infered that joseph was an equal or now all in all with pharoah inclusive...rather josephs authority is over all except the one who gave him the authority and elevated him....

benalvino:
As if this wasn’t enough to establish our point, the Apostle John saw a vision of both the Father and the Son reigning together in the eternal age, even after the period in which Christ destroys death and hands all things to his Father:

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.’ And he who was seated on the throne said, ‘Behold, I am making all things new.’ Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ And he said to me, ‘It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son." Revelation 21:1-7

Please may I remind you that what paul saw at 1 corinthians 15:28 goes way beyond what John saw??...paul saw what happened in the end when satan and even death had been brought to nothing...and at that end he saw Jesus subject to the Father for all eternity....

And revelation 21:7 points straaight at Yahweh who ofcus is our God(Jesus' God)....no where in revelation where are heaven occupants refered to as Jesus sons....they are refered to as brides....

And try remembering that this new Jerusalem which is descending is from God...please refer to revelation 3:12 where he says the new Jerusalem is coming from my GOD

benalvino:
"And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty AND THE LAMB. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp IS THE LAMB. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day--and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:22-27

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the THRONE of God and OF THE LAMB through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the THRONE of God and OF THE LAMB will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever." Revelation 22:1-5

Note carefully that John says that the throne, not thrones, belong to both God and the Lamb, which demonstrates that even in eternity Christ will still be actively ruling with his Father.

Lol...but that same scripture clearly points to the Fact that Jesus isn't GOD na...it differentiates GoD from the Lamb...abi??....

And people like solomon had sat on Gods throne before...this shouldn't be getting you worked up...

I'm happy these scriptures differentiates Jesus from GOD..2 distinct person...and notice the God there is the God of Jesus...

benalvino:
We therefore feel that the foregoing provides us with a sound exegetical basis to assume that Paul’s declaration that God will be all in all also includes the Lord Jesus since Christ will continue to reign supreme over all creation even after the end of this present age.

That God may be all in all. That God may be SUPREME; that the Divinity, the Godhead, may rule; and that it may be seen that he is the Sovereign over all the universe. By the word "God" (ho theos) Whitby and Hammond, I think correctly, understand the Godhead, the Divine Nature, the Divinity, consisting of the Three Persons, without respect to any peculiar office or kingdom. (Barnes Notes on the New Testament; online source; bold and underline emphasis ours)

Your analysis takes us back to modalism...the scriptures u quoted clearly differentiates Jesus from his God....and so when it says God would be all in all it means Jesus would be subject to the Father and God who is the Father would have authority over all....it seems the expression all and all is what you are having problem with....it simply means authority over all......

And you mention Godhead again and trinity...I juts can't find the holy spirit in all our tour through the rulership wahala in heaven...so fling the trinity away...God in 1 corinthains means the Father alone and not a GODhead of 3 persons,,,.please read 1 corinthians 15:24

benalvino:
remember colosians... all things thrones power authority was created for him. john 1:1 say he is God... honestly to understand God no be come chop so I hope you understand this post. am trying to stop but I some times think I should go on. I know you so much and am not here to convince you. lol I Love you as my pal it is just something you and I like to do... argue and debate till our thumb rotten.

All things thrones were created for him....now do you mean physical throne or power??...because it is obvious as we've seen that the Father is excepted...always try to remember this fact....always except the Father when you are on this all things issue....and Jesus didn't create himself..his Father did...so adjust your thoughts....

benalvino:
Jesus is described as the rock so is God
Psalm 18:2

2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 62:1-2

1Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
2He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:6-7

6He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God

one of the verse says God alone is the rock... How come there are 2 rocks now?

Lol....chei....even rock sef??....

Peter was called rock....

You forget that this same Father is the rock on which Jesus is dependent on....

The title rock can apply to any one....

Oh benalvino.....

Jesus is called the rock foundation of the church......people can be rocks in different ways....

Abeg no bring this rock issue again...its like the saviour issue which was clearly solved...

benalvino:

You see why JESUS is God?
and why he as all the attribute I mean full deity of God?
there can never be a time God have to create his wisdom... never and you can answer who prudence is.
Never a time God was without wisdom. You just gonna run in to wahala if you try to use proverbs

You mistake this wisdom in proverbs 8:22-30 for Gods intrinsic wisdom...

What should have rung a bell in your sysytem is that this wisdom was created...you have denied it was created,I went further to show it was created with succeeding verses but you deny it...this wisdom says before the world was brought forth I was born....

This wisdom was born,brought forth just like the earth was....

I don't need to answer who prudence is.....we are on who this wisdom Is and how its attributes perfectly describes Jesus in john 1;1,colossians 1:15-16,and revelations 3:14...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Now this why y'all need a good coaching on these hebrew words if not you'll get yoursleves all worked up........

This all started with isaiah 9:6 where it says Jesus was to be called el gibbor.....

The point is even EL does not directly mean God...I hope you know??......but we do know when it is applied to Yahweh who is the one God of isreal and of all.......I know the powerful one Jesus is sitting close to isn't alfred because as we know it is Yahweh his Father.......all the scriptures combined shows Jesus was sitting close to his Father on the Fathers throne......NO??......

My point is you guys are acting like you can't tell who is being talked about just to obfuscate issues to prove the trinity.......

And from that verse that powerful one is the Father......

And talking about EL it can also refer to man.....they are all titles....don't tell me you don't know.....infact EL can be refered to plants,other false gods,mountains etc...

Even the word GABRIEL is coined from both EL and Gibbor......it denotes might,strenght.power.....

I'm only trying to block your moves in trying to use the title mighty God to equate Jesus with his Father........cheesy....

but as you do know Jesus is sitting at the right hand of no other person than his Father Yahweh.......
Lololol, so you have now agreed that both Jesus and Yahweh have borne the same title El Gibbor i.e. Mighty God after trying to dance around all day?

We both know El simply means God. it is now up to you tou show how Christ is not God after being specifically called God and also Everlasting Father, as well as Counselor in your bible.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Basically, Isaiah 9:6 talks about a Mighty God that exists for all eternity. Yet Ijawkid says that the everlasting God Jesus Christ is not God. Continue fighting against your bible
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
Lololol, so you have now agreed that both Jesus and Yahweh have borne the same title El Gibbor i.e. Mighty God after trying to dance around all day?

We both know El simply means God. it is now up to you tou show how Christ is not God after being specifically called God and also Everlasting Father, as well as Counselor in your bible.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Basically, Isaiah 9:6 talks about a Mighty God that exists for all eternity. Yet Ijawkid says that the everlasting God Jesus Christ is not God. Continue fighting against your bible

Please where did isaiah call Jesus the everlasting God??.....where??...you wan start your gymnastics??.....

as we know now Jesus is a powerful king and ruler...God his Father has given him power and kingdoms to rule.....so isaiah predicted well when he said this son would be called EL GIBBOR....his being called that name is by virtue of the fact that his God would give him kingdoms and make him great........but trinitarians would run around thinking isaiah who knew there is but one GOD the Father (Yahweh) the God of gods is refering to the one who is to be born as the almighty God......

And EL doesn't just mean GOd...do your research well....do it and stop this run arounds......

I could quote verses where el gibbor was used for powerful human rulers and kings...and I had earlier said the name Gabriel is from el-gibbor....you missed that I guess.......

No way would a Jew read isaiah 9:6 and assume that the son who is to be born is God almighty.....

Thank you.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid: Please where did isaiah call Jesus the everlasting God??.....where??...you wan start your gymnastics??.....
I am only using the same gymnastics I would have used to call Yahweh the Everlasting Creator from this verse:
Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no-one can fathom.(Isaiah 40:cool
Or do you want to argue that Jehovah is not the everlasting creator? If you accept my "gymnastics" here. Then I don't see why you oppose the same when it proves Jesus is the everlasting God

as we know now Jesus is a powerful king and ruler...God his Father has given him power and kingdoms to rule.....so isaiah predicted well when he said this son would be called EL GIBBOR....his being called that name is by virtue of the fact that his God would give him kingdoms and make him great........but trinitarians would run around thinking isaiah who knew there is but one GOD the Father (Yahweh) the God of gods is refering to the one who is to be born as the almighty God......
You are hallucinating again.

And EL doesn't just mean GOd...do your research well....do it and stop this run arounds......

I could quote verses where el gibbor was used for powerful human rulers and kings...and I had earlier said the name Gabriel is from el-gibbor....you missed that I guess.......
Gabriel specifically means "Strong man of God" stop trying to panel beat his name into "Mighty God"

No way would a Jew read isaiah 9:6 and assume that the son who is to be born is God almighty.....
The Jews also didn't agree that Isaiah 9:6 referred to Jesus Christ.

Thank you.....
Thank you too

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
You bring out rock issue when I catch you then you said it can be applied to anyone clap for your self... grin

Simple.....Jesus is the first fruits of those who would be ressurected to heavenly life...how last??....the Father himself ressurected Jesus,and through Jesus he would ressurect all others who have that heavenly hope...once again Jesus becomes that agent through which God would ressurect the righteous ones after Jesus himself was ressurected by the Father(the first)...

nope those two verses are not parallel no matter how you explain am... in fact make I add more sand sand to your garri...
In Revelation 1:7 we read of one “coming.” Obviously, this is Jesus as He is spoken of as having been “pierced.”

Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him. Yes, Amen. (Rev.1:7)

In the very next verse we read of the Alpha and Omega, Jehovah God, who is also spoken of as “coming.”

"I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says Jehovah God, 'the One who is and who was and who is coming, the Almighty.'" (Rev. 1:cool

we know it is jesus that is coming isn't it? are there 2 alpha and omega? more sand sand!!!

In Revelation 1:17-18 and 2:8 we read of Jesus being “the first and the last.” We know this is Jesus as He says He was dead but is now living.

And when I saw him, I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: “Do not be fearful. I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Ha´des. (Rev. 1:17-18)

“And to the angel of the congregation in Smyr´na write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ who became dead and came to life [again], (Rev. 2:cool

It is worth remembering that the title “the first and the last” was a title for Jehovah God in the Old Testament:

“This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God. (Isa. 44:6)

“Listen to me, O Jacob, and you Israel my called one. I am the same One. I am the first. Moreover, I am the last. (Isa. 48:12)

In Revelation 22:7 we, again, read of one who is “coming” (“I am coming quickly”).

And, look! I am coming quickly. Happy is anyone observing the words of the prophecy of this scroll.” (Rev. 22:7)

And a few verses down in Revelation 22:12-13, again, we read of one who says “I am coming quickly.” But this time we see the same title applied to Jehovah God Almighty – “Alpha and Omega” (in Rev. 1:cool also having the same title as Jesus – “the first and the last” (in Rev. 1:17-18). This verse effectively links Jehovah God, Almighty, with Jesus, the first and the last. Furthermore, both have also been spoken of as “coming” and yet in Revelation 1:8 it is Jehovah God Almighty who is the “one” coming (thus excluding the possibility of there being two who are coming):

“‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Al´pha and the O·me´ga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. (Rev. 22:12-13)

Finally, we read the statement “I am coming quickly” being applied directly to the Lord Jesus:

“He that bears witness of these things says, ‘Yes; I am coming quickly.’” “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus.” (Rev. 22:20)

Furthermore, it is interesting to actually compare the following statement that the Alpha and Omega makes in Revelation 21:6-7:

“…anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free.

With the words of Jesus in John’s Gospel:

In answer Jesus said to her: “Everyone drinking from this water will get thirsty again. Whoever drinks from the water that I will give him will never get thirsty at all, but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water bubbling up to impart everlasting life.” (John 4:13-14)

There are clear parallels here for anyone to see. It is also worth remembering that both the gospel of John and Revelation were written by the apostle John.

first and last is Jehovah's title in the old testament... any how you wan interpret am na you sabi but you cant run from the alpha and omega...

David Gini? he seat on the throne ok let me don't go into that... all am saying is all power and authority will be given to him and the bible teaches he shall rule for ever and ever... the throne is heaven rulership... you got to know what throne means again from the bible because no be furniture way people they sit-down for heaven... and you have to know what the right hand of God means aka right and of power... which is all authority and power(ALL) is not like left and right thing... I don explain this before.

Last time I check joseph was not the word... he didn't created everything... if you mean by that what is the point for Jesus coming down from heaven? the exalt you they talk na to get the all power and authority?

And revelation 21:7 points straaight at Yahweh who ofcus is our God(Jesus' God)....no where in revelation where are heaven occupants refered to as Jesus sons....they are refered to as brides....
honestly am very tired in this debate... look up again and see cross reference of this verse and see that it is Jesus... you cant change that fact... try and change John 1:1 too. I don tire ehhhh you no they Gree...

Lol...but that same scripture clearly points to the Fact that Jesus isn't GOD na...it differentiates GoD from the Lamb...abi??....
God will be all in all... you said the rulership is the father alone the verse was there to show you that Jesus is there too...
you need to understand what throne is... When you are at the right hand of God it means all authority and power You have it. again no be left and right something... did the bible say who was sitting in the middle? did it say who was at the left?

God stretch in the infinite universe how you wan use make left and right?

na you they believe in more than one god since your bible call Jesus a god. making the you shall not worship other gods but me contradict the bible.
there is only one God I said it from time... all over genesis Yahweh has spoke of him self as we and us.... you believe in more than one God that is the fact... Me I say jesus is not a god he is the God.
I will start a fresh post about this one... God said only him do the universe Jesus is the Word part of God... yet you say 2 gods did the universe you be twinity?

the moment you say Jesus is god the whole bible will fall apart.
when God speaks in Genesis he uses his word how can you separate his Word from him? through his word everything came to be.
that's why bible says Jesus makes every thing through everything was made and it also says the father alone makes everything.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 8:43pm On Jun 07, 2013
^^^Here is one sweet verse to ponder

Revelations 5:13
[size=14pt]Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing:
To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honour and glory and power, for ever and ever!
[/size]

Isn't it beautiful how all creatures both on earth and in heaven worship the Father and the Son together at the same time?

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony: ^^^Here is one sweet verse to ponder

Isn't it beautiful how all creatures both on earth and in heaven worship the Father and the Son together at the same time?
him no go gree cause him no understand the mission that God did for us... he thought God is lazy and never did anything even in Creating the Universe he did it through some one... to die for us he asked somebody to go and do It for us... the moment you say jesus is not God the bible go turn upside down... because he go mean say idol naim create every the... and the u shall not worship any other God before me go turn to joke...

for ever and ever...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:
him no go gree cause him no understand the mission that God did for us... he thought God is lazy and never did anything even in Creating the Universe he did it through some one... to die for us he asked somebody to go and do It for us... the moment you say jesus is not God the bible go turn upside down... because he go mean say idol naim create every the... and the u shall not worship any other God before me go turn to joke...

for ever and ever...
Bros the story never finish o. Open your bible and read about the Lamb in Revelations you go shock. That's what I'm doing right now and it is blowing my mind
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
^^^

You are still dribbling yourself with illogic.

wink
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

wink

but you have nothing to say... how is it illogic?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

wink

Frosbel let me ask you point blank: Does the bible teach us to worship Jesus Christ? Yes or No

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
Bros the story never finish o. Open your bible and read about the Lamb in Revelations you go shock. That's what I'm doing right now and it is blowing my mind

we go soon take am back to Genesis... that way him go understand how God work.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2013
Good Job..i guess ijawkid don go cower with his tail between his legs.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 10:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
Bidam: Good Job..i guess ijawkid don go cower with his tail between his legs.
lol na real ijawman o... him no they give up
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:04am On Jun 08, 2013
Someone battery don die. lol
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:15am On Jun 08, 2013
Itsfacts:
lol na real ijawman o... him no they give up
Lol..maybe he has received a pone call from goodluck.he'll be back soon i hope.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony: ^^^Here is one sweet verse to ponder

Let me expose your ignorance to the full....

It seems the Father has committed a crime for exalting his son to sit down with him on his throne.....

Let me show you the adorement and worship the Father and any of his appointed annointed king enjoys...

And like I said all of Yahwehs exalted kings sits on his throne....so you guys are been fraudulent when you tend to equate an exalted person to the one who did the exalting...

1 Chronicles 29:20-22
King James Version (KJV)
20 And David said to all the congregation, Now
bless the LORD your God. And all the
congregation blessed the LORD God of their
fathers, and bowed down their heads, and
worshipped the LORD, and the king.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 Then David said to all the assembly, “Now
bless the LORD your God.” And all the
assembly blessed the LORD, the God of their
fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the
LORD and to the king

All annointed kings of God are worshipped along with the God who annointed them...that in no way means Yahweh now has equals...exactly what the isrealites did is what the angels are doing in heaven to Yahweh and his annointed one..

Now this Jesus you are trying to equate with his Father didn't assume this exalted position because he was a Co-God or some equal...

He worked hard for it and was exalted...

Why can't you stubborn headed trinitarians see this glaring points and shove your pride away...

Now see the reason why Jesus is even sitting on that throne...if Jesus was not exalted we wouldn't even be discussing this issue now...

See>>>

Revelation 3:21

New Living Translation (©2007)
Those who are victorious will sit
with me on my throne, just as I
was victorious and sat with my
Father on his throne

Please I guess when those who are victorius sits with Jesus on his throne they'll become Jesus or equal to him....

And again the Father who is the one God has his own throne of which he exalted his son to sit down with him...

So stop this trinitarian childish acts and stick to the truth...

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by BERNIMOORE: 9:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Ijawkid has done a great job, he single handedly handled all your arguments to a logical conclussion and in your mind you admire him, dont say it out but you know! ijawkid GREAT JOB!

now, let me take this below;

let me ask you point blank: Does the bible teach us to worship Jesus Christ? Yes or No

(1)can you kindly show where the bible teach us to worship Jesus Christ, AND how 'that worship means that jesus is equal to God Almighty?
pls im interested

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:

Read my reply above and stop this madness.....

You dey behave like pikin...

If you accept the lamb is not the Father and the Father isn't the lamb isn't it then obvious that Jesus is not GOD??....

There mentions God and the Lamb......

One God is seperated from the lamb.......

If worshipping or bowing down to both the lamb and the 1 God is your problem then you do not understand scriptures.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:29am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

for ever and ever...

Oboy I dey come for your post.....with full force.....

And you have been dodging that Jesus had a beginning....that is what I want to conclude with you so that this alpha and omega issue won't even exist.........

Questions I asked a million yrs ago you dodged and ran away only to come up here grasping at alpha and omega....

Oya make we begin...

Your post is too lenghty....

Make I look am give my firm retorts...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Ijawkid has done a great job, he single handedly handled all your arguments to a logical conclussion and in your mind you admire him, dont say it out but you know! ijawkid GREAT JOB!

now, let me take this below;

(1)can you kindly show where the bible teach us to worship Jesus Christ, AND how 'that worship means that jesus is equal to God Almighty?
pls im interested

No need to take us back grin
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by shdemidemi(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2013
corinthians 5:16
15 And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

16 So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:36am On Jun 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Oboy I dey come for your post.....with full force.....

And you have been dodging that Jesus had a beginning....that is what I want to conclude with you so that this alpha and omega issue won't even exist.........

Questions I asked a million yrs ago you dodged and ran away only to come up here grasping at alpha and omega....

Oya make we begin...

Your post is too lenghty....

Make I look am give my firm retorts...

Jesus never had a beginning... he is everlasting...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Let me expose your ignorance to the full....

It seems the Father has committed a crime for exalting his son to sit down with him on his throne.....

Let me show you the adorement and worship the Father and any of his appointed annointed king enjoys...

And like I said all of Yahwehs exalted kings sits on his throne....so you guys are been fraudulent when you tend to equate an exalted person to the one who did the exalting...

King James Version (KJV)
20 And David said to all the congregation, Now
bless the LORD your God. And all the
congregation blessed the LORD God of their
fathers, and bowed down their heads, and
worshipped the LORD, and the king.

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
20 Then David said to all the assembly, “Now
bless the LORD your God.” And all the
assembly blessed the LORD, the God of their
fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the
LORD and to the king

All annointed kings of God are worshipped along with the God who annointed them...that in no way means Yahweh now has equals...exactly what the isrealites did is what the angels are doing in heaven to Yahweh and his annointed one..

Now this Jesus you are trying to equate with his Father didn't assume this exalted position because he was a Co-God or some equal...

He worked hard for it and was exalted...

Why can't you stubborn headed trinitarians see this glaring points and shove your pride away...

Now see the reason why Jesus is even sitting on that throne...if Jesus was not exalted we wouldn't even be discussing this issue now...

See>>>

Revelation 3:21

New Living Translation (©2007)
Those who are victorious will sit
with me on my throne, just as I
was victorious and sat with my
Father on his throne

Please I guess when those who are victorius sits with Jesus on his throne they'll become Jesus or equal to him....

And again the Father who is the one God has his own throne of which he exalted his son to sit down with him...

So stop this trinitarian childish acts and stick to the truth...

it says king not Kings and again Throne throne throne grin
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:44am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony: I am only using the same gymnastics I would have used to call Yahweh the Everlasting Creator from this verse:

Stop this madness....show me where Jesus is called everlasting God...make I show u where this same Jesus get God wey create am...angry....

It seems equating Yahweh with his son is now the demonic mission you guys are on about..
Mr anony:
Or do you want to argue that Jehovah is not the everlasting creator? If you accept my "gymnastics" here. Then I don't see why you oppose the same when it proves Jesus is the everlasting God
Yahweh is the everlasting creator and Jesus is his first creation or creative works....so don't dare foment that idealogy....

Jesus is everlasting God my foot...

Meanwhile it didn't occur to your brain that Jesus is the image of the one God which we all share.....

Mr anony:
You are hallucinating again.

I'm not hallucinating...would Jesus be called mighty God or ruler if kingdoms and rulership isn't on hi shoulders??..or you think these names he is to be called he was already bearing them in heaven before descending to the earth and dying....

If you had noticed those names he would be called are associated with rulership....read your scriptures well....until Jesus was given kingdoms and rulership these names never applied....

Mr anony:
Gabriel specifically means "Strong man of God" stop trying to panel beat his name into "Mighty God"

Oh..and should I quote verses where the expression EL GIBBOR was used for powerful kings and rulers so that you can stop whinning??.....

Mr anony:

The Jews also didn't agree that Isaiah 9:6 referred to Jesus Christ.
The know it applies to the messiah even though they do not believe Jesus is that messiah..........

No right thinking Jew reads isaiah 9:6 and thinks the promised messiah is God himself...

Mr anony:
Thank you too

Your welcome..

And please try deciphering why Jesus would call himself the morning star when all angels are morning stars...I would like us to go into titles of all sorts and see why title is just a title and nothing more...what the ish should be is who in person is this title applied to and if that person is greater than the others bearing the same title....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:46am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

it says king not Kings and again Throne throne throne grin

Oboy abeg look that verse and tell me if david and Yahweh were not worshiiped one and at the same time by the isrealites....stop laughing and face the scripture...

You and anony claim Jesus and Yahweh were worshipped.......all because Jesus was sitted with Yahweh..the same Yahweh who exalted him.....

If Jesus wasn't exalted would you even worship him to start with??....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus never had a beginning... he is everlasting...

And how you escaped him being the firstborn of all creation with a fraudulent definition and also the beginning of Gods creation is what we are going to conclude today........

Jesus had a beginning....if he doesn't prove it....or nullify the bibles definition of one being the beginning of another persons creative works..oya.....

You just sit there and type gibberish.....

If Jesus did not have a beginning prove it....

I'm about exposing your thoughts on micah 5:2...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Read my reply above and stop this madness.....

You dey behave like pikin...

If you accept the lamb is not the Father and the Father isn't the lamb isn't it then obvious that Jesus is not GOD??....

There mentions God and the Lamb......

One God is seperated from the lamb.......

If worshipping or bowing down to both the lamb and the 1 God is your problem then you do not understand scriptures.......

but john 1:1 says the lamb is GOD... and if the lamb is not GOD do you agree that idolatry is taking place? that is the Question.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

No need to take us back grin

Answer am.....

How does Jesus being worshipped make him equal to God.......answer.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:54am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

but john 1:1 says the lamb is GOD... and if the lamb is not GOD do you agree that idolatry is taking place? that is the Question.

Did john 1:1 say the Lamb was the GOD he was with??......

That is why I say read proverbs 8:22-30 and see that this Lamb who was created but the first of Gods work was with God.......

Now I established the one God as the Father......1 corinthians 8:6 confirms that there are many who are called Gods which ofcourse does not contradict Jesus being called God in john 1:1...

But to us there is one God....

And who is he??

The Father alone......

Now tell me is Jesus the Father.......or seperate from the Father and therefore not the one God who exalted him??....

John 1:1 does not prove Jesus is the one GOD the Father
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 10:06am On Jun 08, 2013
ijawkid:

Answer am.....

How does Jesus being worshipped make him equal to God.......answer.....

at least you don gree say Jesus they receive worship... but what does the bible say about other gods? or worshipping of men?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2013
benalvino:

at least you don gree say Jesus they receive worship... but what does the bible say about other gods? or worshipping of men?

Now ask yourself.....what does worship mean??........

It is obvious and I've shown you that david received worship alongside Yahweh the God who aPpointed him king.....

What is worship....??

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (Reply)

Pastor Kenneth Eze, His Wife & 2 Children Die In Lagos Fire (Photos) / El-zakzaky’s Group Visits Church On New Year Day (photos) / Pastor Anselm Madubuko's Daughter Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.