Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:52 PM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29818 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Definition of God
1.supernatural being: one of a group of supernatural male beings in some religions, each of which is worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe
2.figure or image: a representation of a god, used as an object of worship
3.something that dominates: something that is so important that it takes over somebody's life

from here you will know God is not just a title...
that is why God say who do you know is like me... which other God who have done things he has done?
is it the man made gods that cant speak that rely people to carry them about?
or is it men?

God is not just a title.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

but you agree he is God but the excuse you were giving is that he is not almighty... Yet mary and others calls the father mighty GOD... and Jesus was the Almighty God in revelation... How can their two be almighty God and also Mighty God at same time?

If jesus is not God what does one of the 10 commandment says? you shall not worship other gods before me... If that's the case angels and humans have don't idolatry with Jesus...

If you still think revelation 1:8 is refering to Jesus as the almighty God then you are on a long thing......

Read from the very first verse of revelation chpater 1 before you get to verse 8 and then come back to tell me that Jesus is the almighty God.........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

If you still think revelation 1:8 is refering to Jesus as the almighty God then you are on a long thing......

Read from the very first verse of revelation chpater 1 before you get to verse 8 and then come back to tell me that Jesus is the almighty God.........

Who was it referred to?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino: Definition of God
1.supernatural being: one of a group of supernatural male beings in some religions, each of which is worshiped as the personification or controller of some aspect of the universe
2.figure or image: a representation of a god, used as an object of worship
3.something that dominates: something that is so important that it takes over somebody's life

from here you will know God is not just a title...
that is why God say who do you know is like me... which other God who have done things he has done?
is it the man made gods that cant speak that rely people to carry them about?
or is it men?

God is not just a title.

Does the bolÐed not define who satan is too??........

GOD GOD GOD.......

Who is the only true God Jesus said sent Him??......John 17:3.

Isn't it the Father alone??.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

dumb question...
even if he knew he wont say. easy as that... bible says no one will know when the time comes it will be like a thief in the night.

You know the bolded is false........

If Jesus knew it but didn't want to say it he would have simply kept quiet or tell his listeners that its a secret........

Jesus was not at gun point when he said ONLY the Father knew.....

Oh yes it would come like a thief in the night and the person of Jesus said he doesn't know.......Jesus showed he didn't know something the Father knew

And this the Father......the one GOD in question........

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Does the bolÐed not define who satan is too??........

GOD GOD GOD.......

Who is the only true God Jesus said sent Him??......John 17:3.

Isn't it the Father alone??.......

The real One is the first... the other 2 are just titles...
since God is not an image or carved image it cant apply to same league as him being God... that is why God is not a title... you cant say he is a thing for definition 3 again God is not a title...

Definition 2 gods are title because the carved things are evil and they are called they are given that rank by men that is why it is a title... No body Give God the God he is today... He is God by nature.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
Let us see this bold statÉment from the ressurected glorified Jesus before ascended into heaven........

Acts 1:7....

New Living Translation (©2007)
He replied, "The Father alone has
the authority to set those dates
and times, and they are not for
you to know.

English Standard Version
(©2001)
He said to them, “It is not for you
to know times or seasons that the
Father has fixed by his own
authority

New American Standard Bible
(©1995)
He said to them, "It is not for you
to know times or epochs which the
Father has fixed by His own
authority
;

Weymouth New Testament
"It is not for you," He replied, "to
know times or epochs which the
Father has reserved within His
own authority
;

Let somebody come out and tell me if Jesus was still human or had still not acquired is deity back when he gave this reply to his apostles........

I am here on this thread to prove that the FATHER who is YAHWEH is the. only one GOD.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

The real One is the first... the other 2 are just titles...
since God is not an image or carved image it cant apply to same league as him being God... that is why God is not a title... you cant say he is a thing for definition 3 again God is not a title...

Definition 2 gods are title because the carved things are evil and they are called they are given that rank by men that is why it is a title... No body Give God the God he is today... He is God by nature.

And so is GODs name GOD??.....

Go ahead and tell me that is someones name.......

You forget that when the words EL is used it is always accompanied by Father or the name of the almighty GOD........

And so we don't have to start running around to know which God or what God we are talking about.......

Now the good thing about the scripture I've quoted is that when it mentioned one GOD it associated it with Just one being......and that is the Father......paul never gave any room for persons to be solving trigonometry with the title God.......the Father is by the side of it and also YAHWEH........

And can you tell me that Jesus isn't called or made a God by his GOD??.........

That is why he is the image of the one GOD the Father....

Have I solved your problem??

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

And so is GODs name GOD??.....

Go ahead and tell me that is someones name.......

You forget that when the words EL is used it is always accompanied by Father or the name of the almighty GOD........

And so we don't have to start running around to know which God or what God we are talking about.......

Now the good thing about the scripture I've quoted is that when it mentioned one GOD it associated it with Just one being......and that is the Father......paul never gave any room for persons to be solving trigonometry with the title God.......the Father is by the side of it and also YAHWEH........

And can you tell me that Jesus isn't called or made a God by his GOD??.........

That is why he is the image of the one GOD the Father....

Have I solved your problem??
again dumb question...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:
again dumb question...

Smdh!!!!!......

Let me wait for anony......

Since you have chosen to not accept the Father as the one GOD......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Smdh!!!!!......

Let me wait for anony......

Since you have chosen to not accept the Father as the one GOD......

lol what does John 1:1 tell you?
how do you explain the fact that jesus is being worshipped?
how do you explain that people pray to him.
why I say dumb question... is because we have answered it ages ago
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 9:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

lol what does John 1:1 tell you?
how do you explain the fact that jesus is being worshipped?
how do you explain that people pray to him.
why I say dumb question... is because we have answered it ages ago

John 1:1 tells me the word who is Jesus was with the Father.......NO??......

How is Jesus being worshipped??....

Why did you neglect the fact that Jesus prayed to someone else??

And Jesus conveys our prayers to the Father.......we pray to the Father through Jesus.........he hasn't resigned as the mediator between Man and the one GOD

Please my questions are stÍll up there.....

Your answers aren't satisfactory....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

And Jesus conveys our prayers to the Father.......we pray to the Father through Jesus.........he hasn't resigned as the mediator between Man and the one GOD

you cant deny that Jesus was worshiped/ john 1:1 the Word is God/ because he became a man/ could you express or engineering some example of Jesus worshiping the father before coming to earth/ why not just pray to the father why Go through Jesus/ i believe someone benalvino or mr anony gave you example of Jesus receiving prayers.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

quotes from davidylan to you.
Its interesting how a lot of these unintelligent blowhards simply ignore these blatant verses only to pitch their tents on deliberately distorted portions of the bible and start demanding arrogantly for "explanation". Perhaps if they didnt stop running away from "explaining" their own vapid claims we would be inclined to do so too
grin

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr liar

benalvino:

dumb question...
even if he knew he wont say. easy as that... bible says no one will know when the time comes it will be like a thief in the night.

is that ^ what the bible says or you are doing what you know best ?

Well, it says "only the father" knows.

Stop lying.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
Itsfacts:

you cant deny that Jesus was worshiped/ john 1:1 the Word is God/ because he became a man/ could you express or engineering some example of Jesus worshiping the father before coming to earth/ why not just pray to the father why Go through Jesus/ i believe someone benalvino or mr anony gave you example of Jesus receiving prayers.

Jesus says he is the way to the Father......and so when I make petitions I chÀnnel them through the mediator between the ONE GOD and Man......JESUS CHRIST.....at the end of it all the Father is the one whom we worship.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 11:21am On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

everyone seem tired because you keep asking same question with different phrases...

John 1:1 told us the word was God and it became flesh...

Jesus was worshipped but on earth and in heaven... we have answered this long ago...

we have Showed you verses countless times that Jesus dropped his deity and become a man he really depends on the father...

we should you that he came to show us the way to salvation... as a man do you expect him to start telling people to they should pray to him? several times when he tried to tell people who he is they wanted to kill him.

the answers are... everyone is just tired that you keep coming with same questions all the time.

Philippians 2
Though [Jesus] was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9)

You told me revelation 1:8 was not referring to Jesus and didn't explain why.
you said proverbs proves Jesus was created when it does. The simple Question is who is prudence?
However, the "me" who is speaking throughout Proverbs 8:1 through 9:12 is identified as "wisdom," and many other translations reflect the fact that feminine pronouns are used. Wisdom raises her voice in 8:1; she takes her stand in 8:2; she cries out in 8:3; wisdom has built her house in 9:1; she has prepared her table in 9:2--hardly the language one would expect if Jesus Christ were meant.

The only thing you can say is that the bible contradicts it self...
For me understand God is beyond our mind and there are some clues...

the Holy Spirit does know the mind of God and it has a mind of his own I doubt if power or force could have a mind.
to know the mind of God means to know everything.
Jesus as a man Doesn't know everything... But he knows when the Holy spirit is in him. it is not their plan or the will of God to say when the end will come. he says he will prepare a place for us...
as am typing this the plans for mankind are still taking place. He only Gave us a clue of when the end will come. we are seeing those clues today.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 12:19pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:

everyone seem tired because you keep asking same question with different phrases...

John 1:1 told us the word was God and it became flesh...

Jesus was worshipped but on earth and in heaven... we have answered this long ago...

we have Showed you verses countless times that Jesus dropped his deity and become a man he really depends on the father...

we should you that he came to show us the way to salvation... as a man do you expect him to start telling people to they should pray to him? several times when he tried to tell people who he is they wanted to kill him.

the answers are... everyone is just tired that you keep coming with same questions all the time.

Philippians 2
Though [Jesus] was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich. (2 Corinthians 8:9)

You told me revelation 1:8 was not referring to Jesus and didn't explain why.
you said proverbs proves Jesus was created when it does. The simple Question is who is prudence?
However, the "me" who is speaking throughout Proverbs 8:1 through 9:12 is identified as "wisdom," and many other translations reflect the fact that feminine pronouns are used. Wisdom raises her voice in 8:1; she takes her stand in 8:2; she cries out in 8:3; wisdom has built her house in 9:1; she has prepared her table in 9:2--hardly the language one would expect if Jesus Christ were meant.

The only thing you can say is that the bible contradicts it self...
For me understand God is beyond our mind and there are some clues...

the Holy Spirit does know the mind of God and it has a mind of his own I doubt if power or force could have a mind.
to know the mind of God means to know everything.
Jesus as a man Doesn't know everything... But he knows when the Holy spirit is in him. it is not their plan or the will of God to say when the end will come. he says he will prepare a place for us...
as am typing this the plans for mankind are still taking place. He only Gave us a clue of when the end will come. we are seeing those clues today.

Do you know the bolded are just outright LIES from you...I hope you know??.........

Now why should I trust all the words of Jesus when his human part of him could obscure his divine knowledge??...why should I believe Jesus when he says he is the way to the Father??.....why should I even believe it was not some fraudulent impersonator who came intsead of Jesus??.........you guys have dissected Jesus right left center just to escape the truth..........thereby making christianity null and void......

Now let us listen to Jesus in his glorified state after his ressurection.....

you to know.

English Standard Version
(©2001)
to know times or seasons that [bt]he
authority[/b].

From the above can we say Jesus still knows when the end would come??....is Jesus still the fraudstar you guys paint him to be or is he still that humble son of God who knows his Father has got authority over him and knowledge more than him??......

Ok I heard one of your fellows yapping on another thread that after Jesus was ressurected he was still with flesh so he still suffered from partial amnesia.......

Let us see the glorified Jesus in heaven who should have become all knowing now......

Revelation 1:1

New International Version
(©2011)
The revelation from Jesus Christ,
which God gave him to show his
servants what must soon take
place. He made it known by
sending his angel to his servant
John,

Can we say Jesus is now all-knowing from revelation 1:1??..........

How you guys have skipped all glaring truths and postulated false assumptions to equate Jesus with his Father or the one God is what is surprising me..........

Do you now agree that the one GOD is the Father??..........

And about proverbs 8:22-30 it is surprising how you skipped all the verses where it says wisdom was born........

Keep running around decieving yourself that God is one being but 3 persons.......

And let me remind you that the signs Jesus gave as to the last days isn't much different from what prophets like daniel,isaiah and the rest prophets talked about.........

Please take note of revelation 1:1..it debunks your claim that Jesus might know all things like his God and Father now that he is in heaven and that Jesus only depended on his Father because he was human........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Do you know the bolded are just outright LIES from you...I hope you know??.........

Now why should I trust all the words of Jesus when his human part of him could obscure his divine knowledge??...why should I believe Jesus when he says he is the way to the Father??.....why should I even believe it was not some fraudulent impersonator who came intsead of Jesus??.........you guys have dissected Jesus right left center just to escape the truth..........thereby making christianity null and void......

Now let us listen to Jesus in his glorified state after his ressurection.....

you to know.

English Standard Version
(©2001)
to know times or seasons that [bt]he
authority[/b].

From the above can we say Jesus still knows when the end would come??....is Jesus still the fraudstar you guys paint him to be or is he still that humble son of God who knows his Father has got authority over him and knowledge more than him??......

Ok I heard one of your fellows yapping on another thread that after Jesus was ressurected he was still with flesh so he still suffered from partial amnesia.......

Let us see the glorified Jesus in heaven who should have become all knowing now......

Revelation 1:1

New International Version
(©2011)
The revelation from Jesus Christ,
which God gave him to show his
servants what must soon take
place. He made it known by
sending his angel to his servant
John,

Can we say Jesus is now all-knowing from revelation 1:1??..........

How you guys have skipped all glaring truths and postulated false assumptions to equate Jesus with his Father or the one God is what is surprising me..........

Do you now agree that the one GOD is the Father??..........

And about proverbs 8:22-30 it is surprising how you skipped all the verses where it says wisdom was born........

Keep running around decieving yourself that God is one being but 3 persons.......

And let me remind you that the signs Jesus gave as to the last days isn't much different from what prophets like daniel,isaiah and the rest prophets talked about.........

Please take note of revelation 1:1..it debunks your claim that Jesus might know all things like his God and Father now that he is in heaven and that Jesus only depended on his Father because he was human........

Acts 1:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

how does this prove Jesus doesn't know? or he is telling them they are not suppose to know. the thing is you try to twist words to form your own meaning that is why you move to bibles that translate it the way you like...

I don't agree with all Trinitarians and what they believe... if that is how he explains it that is his business... the thing is God manifest in the flesh...

Talking about proverbs the question at hand you left it. now you talking about born.
the question should be addressed.
there is nothing you have asked here that you haven't asked before that is why everyone has gone tired of the whole thing.
there cant be 2 alpha and omega that's for sure... we just have to agree to disagree...
God is beyond out knowledge.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

New American Standard Bible
(©1995)
"But from now on THE SON OF
MAN WILL BE SEATED AT THE
RIGHT HAND of the power OF
GOD
."

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
Hereafter shall the Son of man
sit on the right hand of the power
of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
But from now on, the Son of Man
will be seated at the right hand of
the Power of God."

Now don't tell me I'm quoting from another rendition......

The truth is you have never gone through a thorough examination of the word EL GIBBOR........which is also applied to humans..........

So this scripture isn't even a challenge to this discussion........

What you should have asked yourself is what Jesus is doing at the right hand of God......

This Jesus was exalted by the one GOD who is the Father......

You forget??
Interesting. I thought you said the Power of God is the Holy Spirit. Well, that would mean that Christ is sitting at the right hand side of the Holy Spirit.

Congratulations, you have succeeded in debunking yourself

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2013
truthislight:

Lol.

I cant believe you asked that ^ .

There are so many instances that Yahweh is called a person!

I cant believe you asked this ?

We have Jesus appearing befor the "person" of God to present the value of the ransom sacrifice.

Infact, i give up, what!
Show from scripture without deducing "he" or "him"
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
Interesting. I thought you said the Power of God is the Holy Spirit. Well, that would mean that Christ is sitting at the right hand side of the Holy Spirit.

Congratulations, you have succeeded in debunking yourself

That's if I agree the holy spirit is a person and God abi??......cheesy....

Remember el gibbor is the ish here which you and your ilks are on about.....

Mighty one,powerful one,mighty ruler ,mighty God....etc.....all could apply to God and humans.....

That's it all.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

That's if I agree the holy spirit is a person and God abi??......cheesy....

Remember el gibbor is the ish here which you and your ilks are on about.....

Mighty one,powerful one,mighty ruler ,mighty God....etc.....all could apply to God and humans.....

That's it all.......

Lol, don't be a coward now. We argued that the Holy Spirit is a person. You insisted that He is the Power of God.
We argued that Mighty God is the title of Yahweh as well as Jesus, You insisted that Yahweh is strictly "Almighty God"
We showed you Jesus sitting beside Yahweh and He is called Mighty God. You said no that it is not "Mighty God" but "Power of God".

If Power of God = Holy Spirit, then according to you Christ is sitting beside the Holy Spirit in Heaven. Shikena.
If you like insist that Christ is sitting beside a force that's your wahala not mine.

You have successfully ejected Yahweh from His throne and put a force there to replace Him.

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:

Acts 1:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

how does this prove Jesus doesn't know? or he is telling them they are not suppose to know. the thing is you try to twist words to form your own meaning that is why you move to bibles that translate it the way you like...

The bolded is all I want you to realize......then compare it with Jesus' bold confession at mark 13:32.....there are certain informations that are covert and exclusive to the Father alone....which is what makes him the one GOD.......The Father is HE who sets dates and time and that Jesus doesn not have access to not until he is told......no be so??....

The Fathers authority supercedes that of Jesus and every other person........Jesus' confession is straight forward

benalvino:

I don't agree with all Trinitarians and what they believe... if that is how he explains it that is his business... the thing is God manifest in the flesh...
Please you have to agree with what all trinitarians believe if not you might just be sitting on the fence and continously been confused as to who the one true God really is.........

The thing is it was Gods son who came in flesh and not the one GOD who is the Father alone.....
benalvino:

Talking about proverbs the question at hand you left it. now you talking about born.
the question should be addressed.
there is nothing you have asked here that you haven't asked before that is why everyone has gone tired of the whole thing.
there cant be 2 alpha and omega that's for sure... we just have to agree to disagree...
God is beyond out knowledge.

Yes there can't be 2 alpha and omegas and that has been explained....what I see in revelation is 2 first and lasts and that same revelation explained how those titles applied to the son and the Father.......

Would you say I haven't explained it before??..........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, don't be a coward now. We argued that the Holy Spirit is a person. You insisted that He is the Power of God.
We argued that Mighty God is the title of Yahweh as well as Jesus, You insisted that Yahweh is strictly "Almighty God"
We showed you Jesus sitting beside Yahweh and He is called Mighty God. You said no that it is not "Mighty God" but "Power of God".

If Power of God = Holy Spirit, then according to you Christ is sitting beside the Holy Spirit in Heaven. Shikena.
If you like insist that Christ is sitting beside a force that's your wahala not mine.

You have successfully ejected Yahweh from His throne and put a force there to replace Him.

My argument was on the hebrew word which is translated mighty God.......if you had noticed.........that same word has its equivalent rendering as mighty ONE,powerful one ......and all of these applies to humans........if it applies to humans then we shouldn't be struggling with it.....that's my point.......all it drives to is that we are dealing with one who is powerful.....

Now Jesus sitting close to the right hand of the power of God simply means Jesus will act with Gods power.......or you just couldn't understand that one small truth.??........you could as well say Jesus was sitted at the right hand of the powerful one.......which ever we know Jesus is sitted at the right hand of his God and Father........psalms 110:1.....

if you had forgotten please remember 1 corinthians 15:26-28......

Going back and forth is only a waste of time........
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

The bolded is all I want you to realize......then compare it with Jesus' bold confession at mark 13:32.....there are certain informations that are covert and exclusive to the Father alone....which is what makes him the one GOD.......The Father is HE who sets dates and time and that Jesus doesn not have access to not until he is told......no be so??....

The Fathers authority supercedes that of Jesus and every other person........Jesus' confession is straight forward

Please you have to agree with what all trinitarians believe if not you might just be sitting on the fence and continously been confused as to who the one true God really is.........

The thing is it was Gods son who came in flesh and not the one GOD who is the Father alone.....

Yes there can't be 2 alpha and omegas and that has been explained....what I see in revelation is 2 first and lasts and that same revelation explained how those titles applied to the son and the Father.......

Would you say I haven't explained it before??..........

Jesus is calling in self in many verses alpha and omega in relation... there cant be 2 alpha and omega or 2 first and 2 last. Jesus called him self God almighty too...

again someone is a Trinitarian doesn't mean I should accept his analogy or how he understands something... we don't share same brain. everyone have different perspective why should every idea someone brings concerning trinity I have to accept it? the thing is in your congregation if you don't believe what they tell you, you can be kicked out. for me its not so. So I may not believe what person A or person B believes or thinks about something I believe.

Jesus says all authority in heaven and on earth has been Given to me. it means the right hand of God... Right hand doesn't mean God right hand as in left and right... God is everywhere you cant sit at his right hand.

we have told you that the father is greater than the son in terms of Office... but the son is that same God the father is. Every Single attribute the father have the son have it before he gave it all up.

when will the plan be completed... when the father puts everything under his foot... so that God will be all in all...

the thing is either you say the bible contradict it self or you take it as it is.

about proverb who is prudence?

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

My argument was on the hebrew word which is translated mighty God.......if you had noticed.........that same word has its equivalent rendering as mighty ONE,powerful one ......and all of these applies to humans........if it applies to humans then we shouldn't be struggling with it.....that's my point.......all it drives to is that we are dealing with one who is powerful.....

Now Jesus sitting close to the right hand of the power of God simply means Jesus will act with Gods power.......or you just couldn't understand that one small truth.??........you could as well say Jesus was sitted at the right hand of the powerful one.......which ever we know Jesus is sitted at the right hand of his God and Father........psalms 110:1.....

if you had forgotten please remember 1 corinthians 15:26-28......

Going back and forth is only a waste of time........
It seems you have conveniently forgotten that "EL" means God and not man. However if you want to insist that it can apply to humans then You'll argue that Christ sitting on the throne in heaven beside El Gibbor might just as well have been a mighty guy named Alfred.

So who was Jesus itting beside in Heaven? Was it the Mighty God (Yahweh), The Power of God (Holy Spirit) or Mighty one (which could mean a mighty guy called Alfred)

The El Gibbor stunt you are trying to pull does not save you.

The second stunt you are trying to pull also does not save you because when read in context we find that Christ is about to die resurrect and go back to His position beside the Father. And yes He has been working in the power of God all along so saying "from now on I will start working in the power of God" makes absolutely no sense. Besides Stephen saw exactly what Jesus predicted before His crucifixion

Therefore the following phrase is a nonsense attempt to escape.

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
truthislight:

Lol.

grin

i dont think that those ^ need debating.
Lol, I also don't think that the fact the Holy Spirit is a Person needs any debate
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
Mr anony:
It seems you have conveniently forgotten that "EL" means God and not man. However if you want to insist that it can apply to humans then You'll argue that Christ sitting on the throne in heaven beside El Gibbor might just as well have been a mighty guy named Alfred.

So who was Jesus itting beside in Heaven? Was it the Mighty God (Yahweh), The Power of God (Holy Spirit) or Mighty one (which could mean a mighty guy called Alfred)

The El Gibbor stunt you are trying to pull does not save you.

Now this why y'all need a good coaching on these hebrew words if not you'll get yoursleves all worked up........

This all started with isaiah 9:6 where it says Jesus was to be called el gibbor.....

The point is even EL does not directly mean God...I hope you know??......but we do know when it is applied to Yahweh who is the one God of isreal and of all.......I know the powerful one Jesus is sitting close to isn't alfred because as we know it is Yahweh his Father.......all the scriptures combined shows Jesus was sitting close to his Father on the Fathers throne......NO??......

My point is you guys are acting like you can't tell who is being talked about just to obfuscate issues to prove the trinity.......

And from that verse that powerful one is the Father......

And talking about EL it can also refer to man.....they are all titles....don't tell me you don't know.....infact EL can be refered to plants,other false gods,mountains etc...

Even the word GABRIEL is coined from both EL and Gibbor......it denotes might,strenght.power.....

I'm only trying to block your moves in trying to use the title mighty God to equate Jesus with his Father........cheesy....

but as you do know Jesus is sitting at the right hand of no other person than his Father Yahweh.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus is calling in self in many verses alpha and omega in relation... there cant be 2 alpha and omega or 2 first and 2 last. Jesus called him self God almighty too...

Jesus never called him self God almighty...he has a God over him...has that truth not been grasped yet??...and yes there can be 2 first and last because all it is is a title which anyone can fit into...

And I had explained how Yahweh is first and last and how that title applies to Jesus.....colossians 1:15-20 explains Jesus being first and last,most especially to his death and ressurection....and isaiah explains that of Yahweh,which shows before him and after him there would be no one greater and mightier than Him...

1st and last is a title and not a name of a person or an exclusive title to a person .....I gave you a perfect example of the title king of kings...didn't I??...

benalvino:

again someone is a Trinitarian doesn't mean I should accept his analogy or how he understands something... we don't share same brain. everyone have different perspective why should every idea someone brings concerning trinity I have to accept it? the thing is in your congregation if you don't believe what they tell you, you can be kicked out. for me its not so. So I may not believe what person A or person B believes or thinks about something I believe.
Lol....the bottom line is I don't believe in the trinity bro and so I stand to espouse all facts against it from the scriptures.....now I know why you argued against or denied mary being the mother of the mother of God in flesh.....cheesy....

benalvino:

Jesus says all authority in heaven and on earth has been Given to me. it means the right hand of God... Right hand doesn't mean God right hand as in left and right... God is everywhere you cant sit at his right hand.

I understand completely...I understand God the Father has given Jesus authority and power...my ish is if you have actually differentiated the giver of this power and the reciever of it and if one is not greater than the other .....and as usual all I have been doing is revealing that the giver is the Father who is the one God and not part of a trinity...

Jesus recieves,the Father gives..one is the one God the other is his son who recieves...

benalvino:

we have told you that the father is greater than the son in terms of Office... but the son is that same God the father is. Every Single attribute the father have the son have it before he gave it all up.
The bolded is false.....you can't make those statements and go scot free...

The Father is greater than the son in all things......limiting it to there office shows a whole lot of wayo...for you to even agree that the Father is greater in office shows you believe the Father is greater than the son....even if the Father is greater than the son by just an inch it all amounts to the fact that the Father is still greater.....that is why Jesus unequivoacally said "the Father is greater than I am""....but as usual you would say he was just human and didn't know what he was saying....

benalvino:

when will the plan be completed... when the father puts everything under his foot... so that God will be all in all...

when the son must have run all the errands of his Father he would come subjecting himself as always....Jesus would then prove to you and all that the Father is greater than him(Jesus)

Then the Father would be the supreme ruler over all...connect this glaring truth to the one GOD being the Father alone....
benalvino:

the thing is either you say the bible contradict it self or you take it as it is.

it is when one believes in the trinity that one would have to wallow in contradicitions and confusions...
benalvino:

about proverb who is prudence?

Now let me remind you that when it is said Jesus is the rock "petra" on which the church is laid it was in fact pointing to the feminin gender...but what do we know??....Jesus is that rock.....

Proverbs never made so much of an astonishing revelation of wisdom as it did at proverbs 8:22-30....

Anyone who comes in contact with that scripture for the first time would have no choice but to say it all applies to Jesus......after reading john 1:1,colossians 1:15,16,and revelations 3:14 and juxtaposing it with proverbs 8;22-30 the truth all comes out....

You hear terms like beginning of,first of Gods creation,was born before the universe was founded,was beside GOD etc.....

My bro its too glaring....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
ijawkid:

Jesus never called him self God almighty...he has a God over him...has that truth not been grasped yet??...and yes there can be 2 first and last because all it is is a title which anyone can fit into...

And I had explained how Yahweh is first and last and how that title applies to Jesus.....colossians 1:15-20 explains Jesus being first and last,most especially to his death and ressurection....and isaiah explains that of Yahweh,which shows before him and after him there would be no one greater and mightier than Him...

1st and last is a title and not a name of a person or an exclusive title to a person .....I gave you a perfect example of the title king of kings...didn't I??...

Lol....the bottom line is I don't believe in the trinity bro and so I stand to espouse all facts against it from the scriptures.....now I know why you argued against or denied mary being the mother of the mother of God in flesh.....cheesy....

I understand completely...I understand God the Father has given Jesus authority and power...my ish is if you have actually differentiated the giver of this power and the reciever of it and if one is not greater than the other .....and as usual all I have been doing is revealing that the giver is the Father who is the one God and not part of a trinity...

Jesus recieves,the Father gives..one is the one God the other is his son who recieves...

The bolded is false.....you can't make those statements and go scot free...

The Father is greater than the son in all things......limiting it to there office shows a whole lot of wayo...for you to even agree that the Father is greater in office shows you believe the Father is greater than the son....even if the Father is greater than the son by just an inch it all amounts to the fact that the Father is still greater.....that is why Jesus unequivoacally said "the Father is greater than I am""....but as usual you would say he was just human and didn't know what he was saying....

when the son must have run all the errands of his Father he would come subjecting himself as always....Jesus would then prove to you and all that the Father is greater than him(Jesus)

Then the Father would be the supreme ruler over all...connect this glaring truth to the one GOD being the Father alone....

it is when one believes in the trinity that one would have to wallow in contradicitions and confusions...

Now let me remind you that when it is said Jesus is the rock "petra" on which the church is laid it was in fact pointing to the feminin gender...but what do we know??....Jesus is that rock.....

Proverbs never made so much of an astonishing revelation of wisdom as it did at proverbs 8:22-30....

Anyone who comes in contact with that scripture for the first time would have no choice but to say it all applies to Jesus......after reading john 1:1,colossians 1:15,16,and revelations 3:14 and juxtaposing it with proverbs 8;22-30 the truth all comes out....

You hear terms like beginning of,first of Gods creation,was born before the universe was founded,was beside GOD etc.....

My bro its too glaring....

Jesus called him self God almighty you say he didn't but failed to explain why he didn't...

2 first and last
2 alpha and omega
concerning Trinitarians am saying not everything or concept one brings I will accept. people have different way of explaining stuffs.

you are into the business of making titles abi?
Colossians 1:15-20 if you will link this to first and last it means you are saying he is the firstborn from the dead and will be the last born from the dead or are you saying he will be the first and last to come from the dead...

if Jesus have all the power and authority what does that make him? Almighty God... he is God from the beginning... am still saying unless you agree that bibles contradict it self you have to believe Jesus is God. the role which the 3 plays or how God made it for us to be saved is what is just a mystery.

of course he is greater... Jesus bleed he gave up his deity and he will be exalted to where he was before... the Word is God and it became Flesh...

the father will become the supreme ruler over all
again you cant run from the fact that the son is God. and God will be all in all...
In him all the fullness of deity lives. not some but the fullness of God.
so since the father will be the ruler over all as the father is that one God... Jesus wont be the ruler... but is that what the bible teaches? lets see.
Colossians 3:11
but Christ is all, and in all...
another reason Christ is included with the Father as the God who reigns supreme over all is due to the fact that the Holy Scriptures plainly teach that Jesus’ rule never ceases, that even after his subjection Christ will continue to reign forever. For instance, the prophet Daniel was granted a vision where he saw a human figure receiving an eternal kingdom with all creation worshiping him:

"I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed." Daniel 7:13-14

Jesus, according to the NT, is that Son of Man of Daniel 7:13-14:

"But he remained silent and made no answer. Again the high priest asked him, ‘Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed?’ And Jesus said, ‘I am, and you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven.’" Mark 14:61-62

"But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, ‘Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God.’" Acts 7:55-56

Thus, Jesus as the Son of Man is an eternal King who rules over the entire creation for all eternity! There are other passages which reiterate this point:

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this." Isaiah 9:6-7

"And the angel said to her, ‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.’" Luke 1:30-33

"For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." 2 Peter 1:11

These texts explicitly say that Christ rules over an eternal kingdom, not a temporary one. Moreover, Paul wrote that Christ is completely sovereign even in the age to come:

"and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all." Ephesians 1:19-23

As if this wasn’t enough to establish our point, the Apostle John saw a vision of both the Father and the Son reigning together in the eternal age, even after the period in which Christ destroys death and hands all things to his Father:

"Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20:11-15

"Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, ‘Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.’ And he who was seated on the throne said, ‘Behold, I am making all things new.’ Also he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.’ And he said to me, ‘It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the spring of the water of life without payment. The one who conquers will have this heritage, and I will be his God and he will be my son." Revelation 21:1-7

"And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty AND THE LAMB. And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and its lamp IS THE LAMB. By its light will the nations walk, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day--and there will be no night there. They will bring into it the glory and the honor of the nations. But nothing unclean will ever enter it, nor anyone who does what is detestable or false, but only those who are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:22-27

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the THRONE of God and OF THE LAMB through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the THRONE of God and OF THE LAMB will be in it, and his servants will worship him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever." Revelation 22:1-5

Note carefully that John says that the throne, not thrones, belong to both God and the Lamb, which demonstrates that even in eternity Christ will still be actively ruling with his Father.

We therefore feel that the foregoing provides us with a sound exegetical basis to assume that Paul’s declaration that God will be all in all also includes the Lord Jesus since Christ will continue to reign supreme over all creation even after the end of this present age.

That God may be all in all. That God may be SUPREME; that the Divinity, the Godhead, may rule; and that it may be seen that he is the Sovereign over all the universe. By the word "God" (ho theos) Whitby and Hammond, I think correctly, understand the Godhead, the Divine Nature, the Divinity, consisting of the Three Persons, without respect to any peculiar office or kingdom. (Barnes Notes on the New Testament; online source; bold and underline emphasis ours)

remember colosians... all things thrones power authority was created for him. john 1:1 say he is God... honestly to understand God no be come chop so I hope you understand this post. am trying to stop but I some times think I should go on. I know you so much and am not here to convince you. lol I Love you as my pal it is just something you and I like to do... argue and debate till our thumb rotten.

Jesus is described as the rock so is God
Psalm 18:2

2The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalm 62:1-2

1Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
2He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Psalm 62:6-7

6He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.

7In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God

one of the verse says God alone is the rock... How come there are 2 rocks now?

You see why JESUS is God?
and why he as all the attribute I mean full deity of God?
there can never be a time God have to create his wisdom... never and you can answer who prudence is.
Never a time God was without wisdom. You just gonna run in to wahala if you try to use proverbs
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Boomark(m): 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
benalvino:
we are not gods...
we have 6 billion gods... what are we ruling over? animals? in india they worship snakes elephants..
Egyptians worship pussy and dogs... does it make them gods?
the son is called god... which are all idols.. can you go to a man for salvation? the bible say there is only One God... god they sweet you... you wan be god what are you ruling over?

If you want you can follow what the Indian occult masters are teaching...i no send!

WHAT I WANT YOU TO DO FOR ME IS THIS: If you are not afraid, Quote Psalm 82:6 where God called His children "gods" and tell God that He lied or that He made a mistake.

If you are not a false teacher(or an atheist) and don't have a serious understanding problem, do i asked you just to teach us because it is in line with what you believe.

I want to laugh at the foolishness of men and their doctrine. No running away from this with excuses. I want you to put me to shame by doing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Pope Francis Reacts To Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killings, Offers Prayers / RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / The Lord’s Chosen Auditorium Collapses In Asaba (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.