Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,952 members, 7,973,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:54 PM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29820 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 4:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight: Guy liar.

Hi guy liar.

Do you learn from Jay z ?

you are lying even the more.

You clearly said that others can bear the name Yahweh.

Have you forgotten or you are just doing what you do best.

You should not forget that you dont even believe in the name Jehovah/Yahweh.

cool.

Have i lied against you ? No.

I cannot even sweat for your type.

I tell people who they are, and for you, you are a liar.

cool

i did not send you to lie.

hahaha you just prove my point that your brain is incapable of understanding what any of us are saying...
and yes anyone can call his kid whatever name he likes... if you don't see the logic or possibility in that... then you have serious problem... if you like call me liar from now to tomorrow it wont change what is fact I just said.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight: Guy liar.

Hi guy liar.

Do you learn from Jay z ?

you are lying even the more.

You clearly said that others can bear the name Yahweh.

Have you forgotten or you are just doing what you do best.

You should not forget that you dont even believe in the name Jehovah/Yahweh.

cool.

Have i lied against you ? No.

I cannot even sweat for your type.

I tell people who they are, and for you, you are a liar.

cool

i did not send you to lie.

human behaving like a monkey.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:15pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

again another verse you don't believe
the Word became flesh...
whats ur point really

But this word who is himself GOd became flesh...we all know that.....

Why should God in flesh not know when the end will come,but pointed that only one person in the whole universe knew??.....

The Father....

This is the same Father 1 corinthians 8:6 calls the one GOD.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

But this word who is himself GOd became flesh...we all know that.....

Why should God in flesh not know when the end will come,but pointed that only one person in the whole universe knew??.....

The Father....

This is the same Father 1 corinthians 8:6 calls the one GOD.......

because he dropped his deity for us man... so he could die for our sin. we don quote bible verse on that for you tire.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: Oh! ofcos i forgot you hardly read the bible

Why not show me where the bible calls the holy spirit a person without resorting to deducting from a "he" and "the" but like it is done for Jesus and Yahweh ?

Please do, you that reads the bible.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

hahaha you just prove my point that your brain is incapable of understanding what any of us are saying...
and yes anyone can call his kid whatever name he likes... if you don't see the logic or possibility in that... then you have serious problem... if you like call me liar from now to tomorrow it wont change what is fact I just said.

Guy liar.

Please show me those people that also answer the Name Yahweh/Jehovah like you said there are.

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 6:41pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: .O yes i did.. you were in so much of a hurry to answer that you never took time to go and digest all the scripture i quoted. Your arguments is laden with emotions from long held dogmas of your organization.

Your opinion...

Bidam:
YES. The Holy Spirit baptizes us.Ezekiel 36:27 "And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

Yes the holy spirit can be put withing us and enable us work to please the Father.....but you never answered the part where people are baptized with it....can you be baptized with a person??...I am not asking if one can be baptized by a person...I'm asking with??.....

Bidam:
.John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever." Does a force comfort

The scriptures we have today comforts us,encourages us,builds us up,speaks to us.......

Is the bible a person??....

If one is filled with the holy spirit of God to forge ahead in doing Gods will hasn't that person been conforted by the sender of that spirit??....remember the Father is the God of all comfort....he comforts by empowering us with the holy spirit.....

Bidam:
.Zechariah 12:10 "And I will pour as upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son ..." The Holy Spirit aka God's Spirit is mentioned here as the Spirit of grace and supplication, does it sound like an inanimate object to you? If you took time to digest my post i said Symbol Jesus is also called a Lamb abi?
Jesus being termed as a lamb shows he was prepared for sacrifice because that is what Lambs are used for....and as we know it Jesus came to the earth and was seen and felt...he died a scrificial death,has a name etc.......

But the holy spirit isn't close to being a person as much we do know Jesus is.....now imagine if the scriptures tell you that you would be annointed with Jesus or baptized with Jesus.....how would that sound??..

Bidam:
.Wrong.those are types and symbols of the Holy Spirit.Lets look at some of the functions of The Holy Spirit. A To instruct, teach, reveal. Nehemiah 9:20; Job 32:8; Luke 12:12; John
14:27; 15:26; 16:13, 14; Acts 13:2; 1 Corinthians 2: 10, 13; Ephesians 1:16, 17;
3:5; 2 Peter 1:21; 1 John 2:20, 27

B. To counsel, guide. John 14:26; 16:13; Acts 11:12; 16:6, 7; 20:22, 23;
Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:18

C. To intercede and assist in prayer. Romans 8:26, 27; Ephesians 2: 18; Jude 20

D. To comfort. John 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:17; Acts 9:31

E. To commission to service (ministry). Isaiah 48: 16; Acts 13:2; 20:28

F. To convict of sin, to strive with sinners. Genesis 6:3; John 16:8-11

G. To give power and boldness. Acts 1:8; Acts 4:31; Ephesians 3: 16; I Timothy l :6, 7

H. To testify that we are the children of God. Romans 8:16; Galatians 4:6

I. To testify of Jesus. John 15:26 . Symbols don't do all these things i listed. A person does it.
Yes the holy spirit comforted,helped,testified,gave a witness....but how??....

Let's consider these scriptures...

New International Version
(©2011)
They disagreed among themselves
and began to leave after Paul had
made this final statement: "The
Holy Spirit spoke the truth
to
your ancestors when he said
through Isaiah the prophet:

Matthew 10:19-20
New International Version (NIV)
19 But when they arrest you, do not worry
about what to say or how to say it. At that
time you will be given what to say, 20 for it
will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your
Father speaking through you

The working of Gods spirit is done through humans...God imparts this spirit in us to speak with boldness to speak about the Father....this same spirit is what was with Jesus...all the prophets had this spirit in them to pen down the scriptures which is comforting us today....

How else do you think you are comforted today......??.....

Talking about the holy spirit being a witness or one who testifies may I remind you that water and blood are doing that same witnessing work.....

Bidam:
.You are on a long thing bro.. i have showed you scriptural proofs why the Holy Spirit is called the third person in the trinity.What you did is just to ramble and argue without biblical sense that the Holy Spirit is a verb an "it" and not a NOUN.PERSON

Now you assume the holy spirit to be a 3rd person in the trinity.....

God is not a trinity...God is God the Father alone......

And there are proofs that the holy spirit isn't a person but Gods power in which he uses to accomplish what ever he wants.....

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 6:43pm On Jun 06, 2013
truthislight:

Why not show me where the bible calls the holy spirit a person without resorting to deducting from a "he" and "the" but like it is done for Jesus and Yahweh ?

Please do, you that reads the bible.
Lol, you too Please show us where the bible calls Jehovah a person without resorting to deducting from a "he" and "the".

When you are in a hole please stop digging. The more you make irrational demands, the more they come back to bite you
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2013
It would have been very easy for Jesus to simply say, “When it comes,” but Jesus called the Holy Spirit “He” more than 15 times. Why would God go to so much trouble to personify His own inherent power to the extent that it possessed emotions, thoughts, and speech independent of Himself?
people personify country like ijawkid say they call Nigeria she... I know they call cars she... I hardly see or hear anyone call cars or country he...
but you cant personify something like country or cars with "HIM" its not gonna work...

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino: It would have been very easy for Jesus to simply say, “When it comes,” but Jesus called the Holy Spirit “He” more than 15 times. Why would God go to so much trouble to personify His own inherent power to the extent that it possessed emotions, thoughts, and speech independent of Himself?
people personify country like ijawkid say they call Nigeria she... I know they call cars she... I hardly see or hear anyone call cars or country he...
but you cant personify something like country or cars with "HIM" its not gonna work...

how long will it take them to bring out excuse for this
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Mranony: 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino: It would have been very easy for Jesus to simply say, “When it comes,” but Jesus called the Holy Spirit “He” more than 15 times. Why would God go to so much trouble to personify His own inherent power to the extent that it possessed emotions, thoughts, and speech independent of Himself?
You get time dey answer truthislight. Ask him to show us in the bible where it is said that Jesus and Yahweh are persons without deducting from pronouns like "him" and "he". Who knows maybe Jesus and Yahweh are also forces. . . . .or countries like Israel

grin grin grin
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
You get time dey answer truthislight. Ask him to show us in the bible wher it is said that Jesus and Yahweh are persons without deducting from pronouns like "him" and "he". Who knows maybe Jesus and Yahweh are also forces. . . . .or countries like Israel grin grin grin

lol if you tell him that an atheist can call his daughter or son Yahweh him lack of reasoning go make am call you liar...
the guy just come here to tannish his credibility
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony: Go and read that verse again
I've read it....and my analogy stands.....

Mr anony:
argument from silence
I need your answer to the question....

Please supply one

Mr anony:

No it identifies the Spirit as the Lord which we are to turn to. Go and read it again
It identifies the spirit operating as the Lord of which he is a spirit...
Mr anony:

not necessarily. Even if jesus didn't worship the Father, it won't prove the Father wasn't God.

But Jesus worshipped the Father to prove that the one God is the Father.....there was no way Jesus wouldn't have worshipped the Father,...The Father is his God...now since the son abandoned who he was in heaven and came as a different person or was impersonated,why shouldn't he have worshipped the holy spirit....why did Jesus exempt the holy spirit from worship??.....
Mr anony:

Another argument from silence

If you have no answer just say you don't have.....we have 3 persons who make one God....the Father is whom everybody including Jesus worships...you guys claim Jesus should be worshipped and even misconstrue some verses to mean Jesus deserves to be rendered exclusive devotion to....what about the holy spirit??..have people in the past and present worshipped the holy spirit...don't tell me my questions are dumb...we must completely find out if the holy spirit is a person and then a seperate God

Mr anony:

And where did the Holy Spirit descend from at Jesus's baptism? If your answer is Heaven, then you have shown that the Holy Spirit must have been present in Heaven. . . .You cannot move from point A to point B if you are never present at point A.

The holy spirit like I say is Gods power and not a seperate person....now the holy spirit was seen descending not as a person bt as a dove and once again did something that is not befitting of a person...Jesus was annointed with it.....can you be annointed with another person??...

Mr anony:

yes we do, we have two persons interceding

But 1 timothy 2:5 confirms we have just on mediator and high priest who intercedes and mediates for man....

Now the question is just how did the holy spirit intercede in the verse it was quoted from.....
Romans 8:15-16
King James Version (KJV)
15 For ye have not received the spirit of
bondage again to fear; but ye have received
the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba,
Father
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our
spirit, that we are the children of God:

When the spirit of God bears witness with our won spirit ,it confirms that we are children of God and approved by God....

It was this same spirit which Jesus was filled with that could make Jesus say the same..
Mark 14:36

English Standard Version
(©2001)
And he said, “Abba, Father, all
things are possible for you.
Remove this cup from me. Yet not
what I will, but what you will
.”

Now that is exactly the intercession bro...it is not like the holy spirit is like a second mediator between man and the Father.....

And mind you Jesus up there shows who the one God is.....THE FATHER

Mr anony:

lol, I am seriously beginning to wonder if you can actually tell the difference between a person and a force

Ofcourse bro....grin...

Mr anony:

Of course it is the same Spirit. The Spirit of God who speaks to us, teaches us, intercedes for us e.t.c.

And that is accomplished through humans,Jesus,angels...

You forgot to add that it is this same spirit that we are baptized with and annointed with..
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
He also gave up His omnipresence. It didn't stop Him from being God. If GEJ sits on the street and begs for money, he won't stop being the president, he'll only be the president in a beggar's cloak

And that would make GEJ forget all about who he was before coming as a beggar??.....how would GEJ being a beggar make him forget or not know when he has an appointment with an organization but some one else knows......

Jesus knew the angels in heaven didn't know...how did he know the angels didn't know??.........

And you skipped the holy spirit part.....

Did the holy spirit know??....

Jesus mentioned all exisiting beings in the universe but forgot one person...the holy spirit...

Why??
Mr anony: Go and read that verse again

Mr anony:
argument from silence

Please supply one

Mr anony:

No it identifies the Spirit as the Lord which we are to turn to. Go and read it again
Mr anony:

not necessarily. Even if jesus didn't worship the Father, it won't prove the Father wasn't God.

But Jesus worshipped the Father to prove that the one God is the Father.....there was no way Jesus wouldn't have worshipped the Father,...The Father is his God...now since the son abandoned who he was in heaven and came as a different person or was impersonated,why shouldn't he have worshipped the holy spirit....why did Jesus exempt the holy spirit from worship??.....
Mr anony:

Another argument from silence

If you have no answer just say you don't have.....we have 3 persons who make one God....the Father is whom everybody including Jesus worships...you guys claim Jesus should be worshipped and even misconstrue some verses to mean Jesus deserves to be rendered exclusive devotion to....what about the holy spirit??..have people in the past and present worshipped the holy spirit...don't tell me my questions are dumb...we must completely find out if the holy spirit is a person and then a seperate God

Mr anony:

And where did the Holy Spirit descend from at Jesus's baptism? If your answer is Heaven, then you have shown that the Holy Spirit must have been present in Heaven. . . .You cannot move from point A to point B if you are never present at point A.

The holy spirit like I say is Gods power and not a seperate person....now the holy spirit was seen descending not as a person bt as a dove and once again did something that is not befitting of a person...Jesus was annointed with it.....can you be annointed with another person??...

Mr anony:

yes we do, we have two persons interceding

But 1 timothy 2:5 confirms we have just on mediator and high priest who intercedes and mediates for man....

Now the question is just how did the holy spirit intercede in the verse it was quoted from.....
King James Version (KJV)
Father

When the spirit of God bears witness with our won spirit ,it confirms that we are children of God and approved by God....

It was this same spirit which Jesus was filled with that could make Jesus say the same..

English Standard Version
(©2001)
.”

Now that is exactly the intercession bro...it is not like the holy spirit is like a second mediator between man and the Father.....

Mr anony:

lol, I am seriously beginning to wonder if you can actually tell the difference between a person and a force

Ofcourse bro....grin...

Mr anony:

Of course it is the same Spirit. The Spirit of God who speaks to us, teaches us, intercedes for us e.t.c.

You forgot to add that it is this same spirit that we are baptized with and annointed with..

If Jesus gave up his omnisprescense then is he still GOD in flesh...you guys are contradictiong the hell out of yourselves.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, so when God was speaking he wasn't using His power abi? E be like say e don tey wey you open your bible

But it didn't occur to you that it was Gods power that caused the existence of Jesus.....you dodged Jesus being the firstborn of all creation.......

Gods power in action bro.....

Mr anony:

Lol, go and read it again

Naaaa.....you are being disingenous....

You said

The Father is God
The son is God
The holy spirit is God..
The Father is not the son
The son is not the Father
The holy spirit is neither the son nor the Father...

But all make up one God...

How does the gibberish up there ryhme with the 1 corinthians 8:6 you're running away from??.....

What part of the one God being the Father alone do you now understand??.......

The Father is the one God and the one God is the Father.....

Father, Father Father............

I want you to attack this post and stop this go and read again charade.......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

And that would make GEJ forget all about who he was before coming as a beggar??.....how would GEJ being a beggar make him forget or not know when he has an appointment with an organization but some one else knows......

Jesus knew the angels in heaven didn't know...how did he know the angels didn't know??.........

And you skipped the holy spirit part.....

Did the holy spirit know??....

Jesus mentioned all exisiting beings in the universe but forgot one person...the holy spirit...

Why??

Please supply one

King James Version (KJV)
Father

English Standard Version
(©2001)
.”

Ofcourse bro....grin...

If Jesus gave up his omnisprescense then is he still GOD in flesh...you guys are contradictiong the hell out of yourselves.......

we keep telling you he gave up all his deity to die for us... He became fully man... why you they ask same question over and over again?

2 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Don't mind him, no be today me and the guy begin argue I know Ijawkid's style:

1. When he sees a verse, first thing he does is search the internet for a bible version that renders it vaguely so that he can latch on to it. It is normal to see Ijawkid swinging from KJV to NIV to NLT to RSV and back to KJV. The funny thing is that if you quote KJV and he is quoting NIV then KJV is wrong. If you are quoting NIV and he is on KJV, then NIV is wrong. In Ijawkid's universe, only the version he quotes renders the verse correctly

2. If Ijawkid has searched the scripture and cannot find a vague translation, he'll do another search of the bible and find a verse that is completely unrelated to the context of the verse you provided for instance if you tell him that the Holy Ghost is a person because He speaks, he'll tell you that blood also speaks completely ignoring the context.

3. If that fails, Ijawkid will demand that you provide something that is not in the bible to back up what you have already showed him in the bible. For example if you show him where the bible clearly says that the Holy Spirit came from heaven, he'll ask you to show him where the Holy Spirit is in heaven conveniently forgetting that you have just shown him that the Holy Spirit came from hean.

4. Where that fails, he will start making infantile arguments involving God's mouth, eyes, and nose

5. If that fails, he'll ask you the same question ten times that you have already answered ten times before. For example after you have told him that "the Son is not the Father". He will continue asking you over and over again if the Son is the Father.

6. When all his objections fail, he will tell you that the bible is not correct and that what the bible said is not what the bible said. for instance; "the Word was God" does not mean that "the Word was God".

7. When you point out that that is a silly contradiction on his part, he'll tell you that what you are saying makes no sense. . .and so the cycle continues for 40 pages and counting

Ahhh.........

But you haven't answered the bolded.....

Have you.??...

The bolded is my problem here....

We agreed the son isn't the Father and the Father isn't the son......

Shouldn't that have rang a bell in your head that Jesus isn't God or part of a trinity??......

I showed in clear terms who the one God is..but you guys have been ranting.....

Isn't the Father alone your GOD??....

Now don't tell me I'm asking the same question over and over again.....I ask becuase it hasn't been answered...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

we keep telling you he gave up all his deity to die for us... He became fully man... why you they ask same question over and over again?
grin grin grin e don turn confucius of the chinese..what he doesn't get is that no matter which ever way he twist and turns he can never debunk trinity using scriptures.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

lmao thank you... all the question he is asking the answers are in the thread already from 1 to 40. lol

You guys have answered nothing but run around the title God .....

Who is the one God??......

I see you guys running around......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2013
Bidam: grin grin grin Kai!!! you have already captured how ijawkid argues. You are so on point bro..

I have been asking just one question.....

Is The Father not the one God alone??.......

Ona dey stammer.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

Ahhh.........

But you haven't answered the bolded.....

Have you.??...

The bolded is my problem here....

We agreed the son isn't the Father and the Father isn't the son......

Shouldn't that have rang a bell in your head that Jesus isn't God or part of a trinity??......

I showed in clear terms who the one God is..but you guys have been ranting.....

Isn't the Father alone your GOD??....

Now don't tell me I'm asking the same question over and over again.....I ask becuase it hasn't been answered...

but you agree he is God but the excuse you were giving is that he is not almighty... Yet mary and others calls the father mighty GOD... and Jesus was the Almighty God in revelation... How can their two be almighty God and also Mighty God at same time?

If jesus is not God what does one of the 10 commandment says? you shall not worship other gods before me... If that's the case angels and humans have don't idolatry with Jesus...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

You guys have answered nothing but run around the title God .....

Who is the one God??......

I see you guys running around......

God is not just a title... God doesn't mean one thing
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
"But from now on, the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the mighty God". (Luke 22:69)

The more you fight against Truth, the more it stares you in the face

New American Standard Bible
(©1995)
"But from now on THE SON OF
MAN WILL BE SEATED AT THE
RIGHT HAND of the power OF
GOD
."

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
Hereafter shall the Son of man
sit on the right hand of the power
of God.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
(©2009)
But from now on, the Son of Man
will be seated at the right hand of
the Power of God."

Now don't tell me I'm quoting from another rendition......

The truth is you have never gone through a thorough examination of the word EL GIBBOR........which is also applied to humans..........

So this scripture isn't even a challenge to this discussion........

What you should have asked yourself is what Jesus is doing at the right hand of God......

This Jesus was exalted by the one GOD who is the Father......

You forget??
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:27pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

let him worship more than one God even as one of the 10 command forbids it...
let him turn to other gods for salvation as the bible forbids it too...
let him call everyone liar... Like how he said Jesus was a liar when he says he is not a spirit...
let him display a fair amount of immaturity to us... that way he will be taken serious he may think so...
there is nothing in the bible he believe... but he believes what is on the magazine... their spiritual food... if bible says Jesus is A and the magazine says no Jesus is B... you know the one he will believe.
truthislight that is how the light get lighter and lighter... that word which is not found in the bible is use to cover the ass of the people who feed you the spiritual food when the truth suddenly become a lie later the lie turns back to truth later lie again... its called flip flop...

I have asked you if you were ready to go into a study of the word el gibbor from which mighty one,powerful one,mighty God are all gotten from??.....

That title can apply to any one.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

because he dropped his deity for us man... so he could die for our sin. we don quote bible verse on that for you tire.

He dropped his deity but you run back to 1 timothy 3:16 to prove he never dropped his deity.........which should we take??......

Do you people realize that you are saying it was not Jesus who came to the earth with all this drop deity gibberish??....

Was this not the same Jesus who said before abraham was I AM??.......

Was this not the same Jesus who could read the minds of people on earth....??

How can you people falsely say he abandoned his God part in heaven and came to the earth.....meaning Jesus wasn't God in flesh...do we agree??....and that the Jesus who came to the earth was not completely Jesus,meaning the ransom saccrifice is a scam.....

Ok I then asked why did Jesus not remember the holy spirit when he mentioned persons who knew and who did not know when the end would come??.....

I asked that question and you,anony and your ilks all kept silent......did the holy spirit know when the end would come??.....does Jesus now know when the end would come??......

Answer these questions and stop this abandon deity farce.......

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, you too Please show us where the bible calls Jehovah a person without resorting to deducting from a "he" and "the".

When you are in a hole please stop digging. The more you make irrational demands, the more they come back to bite you

Lol.

I cant believe you asked that ^ .

There are so many instances that Yahweh is called a person!

I cant believe you asked this ?

We have Jesus appearing befor the "person" of God to present the value of the ransom sacrifice.

Infact, i give up, what!
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

God is not just a title... God doesn't mean one thing

Jesus many times called on this Father......

The scriptures all through mention this same Father.......

In the end we are told Jesus would be made subject to this Father......

Consistently the one true God has always been the Father alone

You guys might think I'm repeating questions....that is because you have simply not answered the question........

Is The Father not the one God alone??.......

Answer Yes or No.....

Remember I didn't just mention GOD...I mentiones the Father clinged to the one God.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

He dropped his deity but you run back to 1 timothy 3:16 to prove he never dropped his deity.........which should we take??......

Do you people realize that you are saying it was not Jesus who came to the earth with all this drop deity gibberish??....

Was this not the same Jesus who said before abraham was I AM??.......

Was this not the same Jesus who could read the minds of people on earth....??

How can you people falsely say he abandoned his God part in heaven and came to the earth.....meaning Jesus wasn't God in flesh...do we agree??....and that the Jesus who came to the earth was not completely Jesus,meaning the ransom saccrifice is a scam.....

Ok I then asked why did Jesus not remember the holy spirit when he mentioned persons who knew and who did not know when the end would come??.....

I asked that question and you,anony and your ilks all kept silent......did the holy spirit know when the end would come??.....does Jesus now know when the end would come??......

Answer these questions and stop this abandon deity farce.......

whats you point with the verse you just quote?
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
this doesn't explain anything...

how does it void this verse?
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in * fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mr anony:
You get time dey answer truthislight. Ask him to show us in the bible where it is said that Jesus and Yahweh are persons without deducting from pronouns like "him" and "he". Who knows maybe Jesus and Yahweh are also forces. . . . .or countries like Israel

grin grin grin

Lol.

grin

i dont think that those ^ need debating.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
Guy liar.

benalvino:

lol if you tell him that an atheist can call his daughter or son Yahweh him lack of reasoning go make am call you liar...
the guy just come here to tannish his credibility

why not do the needful ? Show us those that bear the name Yahweh ?

Who cares about your reputation talk ?

Prove your claims, simple!

If you dont, you remain a liar, chikena!
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
benalvino:

whats you point with the verse you just quote?
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
this doesn't explain anything...

how does it void this verse?
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in * fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross

How does Jesus being fashioned as a man make him ignorant of an important information but could know that only the Father knew the day and hour when the end would come......

You guys are just a joke.......

It was very fast for you to quote before abraham was I AM to show Jesus was in fact Yahweh but you have turned around to say that same Jesus because of his coming to. The earth no longer knows when the end would come.....

How does phillipiaÑs say Jesus left his all-knowingness in heaven??........

What I see here is all of you joking around ...........

No amount of twist can get you out of this mess.......

And why didn't Jesus inform us if the holy spirit the 3 person of the trinity knew about the day and hour??........

Answer.....

I'm waiting for anony.....

I was on drip and injections so I couldn't stick around to make my replies......

I'm back......

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
ijawkid:

How does Jesus being fashioned as a man make him ignorant of an important information but could know that only the Father knew the day and hour when the end would come......

You guys are just a joke.......

It was very fast for you to quote before abraham was I AM to show Jesus was in fact Yahweh but you have turned around to say that same Jesus because of his coming to. The earth no longer knows when the end would come.....

How does phillipiaÑs say Jesus left his all-knowingness in heaven??........

What I see here is all of you joking around ...........

No amount of twist can get you out of this mess.......

And why didn't Jesus inform us if the holy spirit the 3 person of the trinity knew about the day and hour??........

Answer.....

I'm waiting for anony.....

I was on drip and injections so I couldn't stick around to make my replies......

I'm back......

dumb question...
even if he knew he wont say. easy as that... bible says no one will know when the time comes it will be like a thief in the night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply)

RCCG Member Proposes To A Sister In Church, In Front Of Congregation (Video) / The Lord’s Chosen Auditorium Collapses In Asaba (Photos) / Pastor Throws Kick At His Attacker (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.