Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,560 members, 7,885,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:35 AM

If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? (4383 Views)

If Lucifer Is The "Bringer Of Light",...why Then Is He The Bad One ? / Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / If Lucifer ............ Then Who?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 01, 2013
Evening peeps,

I have been doing quite a bit of thinking and meditations if you like but still I am at a dilemma. If we are capable of committing sin here on Earth, why then can't we be capable of sinning in heaven?

I guess the answer that might jump right out would be 'free-will'...but again it can be argued that since Lucifer was able to sin in heaven then it is probable that we might just be able to sin too.

If we think that it is impossible to sin in heaven then the question I ask everyone is: Why was Lucifer able to sin?
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by sylve11: 6:16pm On Jun 01, 2013
striktlymi: Evening peeps,

I have been doing quite a bit of thinking and meditations if you like but still I am at a dilemma. If we are capable of committing sin here on Earth, why then can't we be capable of sinning in heaven?

I guess the answer that might jump right out would be 'free-will'...but again it can be argued that since Lucifer was able to sin in heaven then it is probable that we might just be able to sin too.

If we think that it is impossible to sin in heaven then the question I ask everyone is: Why was Lucifer able to sin?

first of all, what do u understand by the word heaven? cool

1 Like

Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2013

Hmm.. I remember asking a similar question on another thread. Following.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Following grin
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by mazaje(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Someone has now started wearing his thinking cap and not accepting stories without reasoning. . .Satan sinning and being thrown out of heaven is nothing different from how the tortoise got lines all over its back story we were told as kids in primary school. . .
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 01, 2013

unfollows
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by ichuka(m): 7:02pm On Jun 01, 2013

Romans 8:29
For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become CONFORMED to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren;
New International Version (©2011)2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being TRANSFORMED into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
When we have been fully conformed/transformed to His Being how can sin be found in us?...Jhn14:30

2 Likes

Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by k2039: 7:25pm On Jun 01, 2013
There will be a new heaven, not the old one. Rev 21-22
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Missonas(f): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2013
Jesus changed all that.He was able to defeat the devil in human form and so we free from sinning here and after if we work hard at it

1 Like

Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by ijeoma100: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
Missonas: Jesus changed all that.He was able to defeat the devil in human form and so we free from sinning here and after if we work hard at it

So why not just destroy the Devil completely to end all sin? Wouldn't that be logical thing to do?
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by mazaje(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
Missonas: Jesus changed all that.He was able to defeat the devil in human form and so we free from sinning here and after if we work hard at it

Jesus was able to defeat the devil how?. . .I thought you guys still believe that the devil goes around causing havoc every where? How has he been destroyed?.. .
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Missonas(f): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
ijeoma100:
So why not just destroy the Devil completely to end all sin? Wouldn't that be logical thing to do?

Yea we would c dat has logical being humans bt wit God we can nevr undrstand y.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2013
...for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure...
Phil 2:13
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Missonas(f): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:
Jesus was able to defeat the devil how?. . .I thought you guys still believe that the devil goes around causing havoc every where? How has he been destroyed?.. .

Yea he stil is and stil as powerful bt we strong in and with Christ.all part of Gods plan.to make heavn u av 2resist d devil or nt.freewill.jst like u believe or choose nt 2.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by mazaje(m): 9:51pm On Jun 01, 2013
Missonas:

Yea he stil is and stil as powerful bt we strong in and with Christ.all part of Gods plan.to make heavn u av 2resist d devil or nt.freewill.jst like u believe or choose nt 2.

Why did christ come into the world according to christian theology? Was it to defeat satan or not?. . .How has satan been defeated, since he still remains strong as you have just stated?. . .
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Kay17: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2013
It seems there is a direct proportionality btw freewill and sin. And frm what I have heard, freewill isn't diminished in Heaven.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2013
Kay 17: It seems there is a direct proportionality btw freewill and sin.
not necessarily

And frm what I have heard, freewill isn't diminished in Heaven.
yes there will be freewill in heaven
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by mazaje(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:

yes there will be freewill in heaven

Then some people can use their free will to disobey god just as satan did . . .
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 10:33pm On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

Then some people can use their free will to disobey god just as satan did . . .
do you know what happens when a person gets born again?
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by mazaje(m): 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:

What happens when a person gets born again?. . .
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by bigoduni: 10:47pm On Jun 01, 2013
ijeoma100:

Deut 29:29
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

What happens when a person gets born again?. . .
The person becomes transformed, filled with the Holy Spirit with new desires and conformed to God's righteous nature.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by plaetton: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:
Oooh yes I do. They become hypocrites, narrow minded, delusional, and very corrupt.
We have millions of examples in Nigeria.
I fear for heaven.

2 Likes

Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 11:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
plaetton:
Oooh yes I do. They become hypocrites, narrow minded, delusional, and very corrupt.
We have millions of examples in Nigeria.
I fear for heaven.
clearly you don't know
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by plaetton: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:
clearly you don't know
Clearly that is what many of us see.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by plaetton: 11:08pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:
The person becomes transformed, filled with the Holy Spirit with new desires and conformed to God's righteous nature.

C'mon Anony, to whom are you trying to sell this giant whopper?
Nigeria should be a good example for you since we probably have the highest number of professed born again Christians in the kdown universe.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by plaetton: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2013
And I can tell you, if a few 9ja make it to heaven, we are gonna have bigger problems than lucifer.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2013
plaetton:
Clearly that is what many of us see.
then you simply are not looking at christians

. . . .and not only are you not looking at christians, you KNOW that you are not looking at christians else you wouldn't have called them hypocrites. By calling them hypocrites, you have told us that they are NOT christians but are only pretending and this proves that you KNOW what actual christians look like.
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 11:19pm On Jun 01, 2013
plaetton:

C'mon Anony, to whom are you trying to sell this giant whopper?
Nigeria should be a good example for you since we probably have the highest number of professed born again Christians in the kdown universe.
North Korea is a professed democratic republic. Does this mean that North Korea is a democratic nation?
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by Mranony: 11:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
bigoduni:
Deut 29:29
beautiful
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by dorox(m): 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
Hello striktlymi, did youget my pm?
Re: If Lucifer Sinned, Why Can't We? by SalC: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2013
plaetton: And I can tell you, if a few 9ja make it to heaven, we are gonna have bigger problems than lucifer.
Why did you say so?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paul: The False Apostle / 4 Reasons Why Atheists Create And Use Multiple Fake ID Monikers On Nairaland. / The Most Powerful Truth Revealed By Apostle Paul In The Bible!! - Andrew Wommack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.