Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,979 members, 7,973,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:23 PM

"Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! (26105 Views)

Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
And let me make it clear that Jesus is not the almighty God mentioned in revelation 1:8.....

See Jesus here threading the winepress and anger of God the almighty(different from Jesus)

Revelation 19:13-15

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped
in blood: and his name is called The Word of
God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven
followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine
linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword,
that with it he should smite the nations: and he
shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he
treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and
wrath of Almighty God

That is Jesus doing the biddings of God the almighty(The Father)......

After all that then he would be made subject for all eternity to this almighty GOD.....

2 Likes

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 1:10pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

Since you can't differentiate between the contexts of the word worship,can you now agree david was worshipped...??...do you agree??

Because I aint biased...if Jesus isn't the Father then he isn't my God and so I know. What it means when worship is given to persons other than the Father .....

When I see where it is written that people worshipped Jesus I know what it means....

And you forgot to quote other scriptures were earthly kings were worshipped....

This is even Jesus' illustration

Matthew 18:26

King James Bible (Cambridge
Ed.)
The servant therefore fell down,
and worshipped him, saying, Lord,
have patience with me, and I will
pay thee all.

Until you know how to use worship in the right way and know how to apply it to persons other than the Father you would remain confused for all eternity until Jesus comes in the end to tell you that The Father is his GOD.....

when he says he is the son of GOD them wanted to kill him... that he is making him self equal to GOD... now if he goes on telling people to worship him they will kill him. he came to show the people to GOD so he did the right thing... all the people that worship him he didn't correct them. as a man angels worship him. lets go to revelations

If we compare Revelation 4 with chapter 5, what do we learn about the object of our worship?

Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

Revelation 5:11-14 “And I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders, and the number of them was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: ‘The Lamb that was slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.’ And every creature that is in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, I heard saying: ‘To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever’ And the four living creatures went saying: ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped.”

1) In Revelation 4:11, Jehovah is said to be worthy of receiving glory, honor and power. By comparing this to Revelation 5:12, we see that Jesus is worthy to receive not only glory, honor and power, but riches, wisdom, strength and blessing.

2) Revelation 5:13 goes on to say that every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea gives worship to the One sitting on the throne and to the lamb. If every creature in existence is worshipping, this must mean that Jesus is not a creature. So, the only other option left is that Jesus is the Creator who is certainly worthy to receive all worship.

3) Revelation 5:13-14 make it obvious that the One sitting on the throne and the Lamb are both given equal worship by the heavenly occupants.

What does all this conclude about whether or not worshipping Jesus is appropriate? The testimony of the New Testament is clear: Jesus accepted worship. Obviously, this says a whole lot about His identity. If Jesus is not equal to the Father, like the Watchtower teaches, then He is guilty of blasphemy in the first degree. But, if He is God manifested in the flesh, He then rightly is laudable of all our praise and worship. No wonder why Jesus said, “ .... in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him”. (John 5:23)

the question is, is Jesus guilty of blasphemy?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

when he says he is the son of GOD them wanted to kill him... that he is making him self equal to GOD... now if he goes on telling people to worship him they will kill him. he came to show the people to GOD so he did the right thing... all the people that worship him he didn't correct them. as a man angels worship him. lets go to revelations

If we compare Revelation 4 with chapter 5, what do we learn about the object of our worship?

Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, Jehovah, even our God, to receive the glory and the honor and the power, because you created all things, and because of your will they existed and were created.”

Revelation 5:11-14 “And I saw, and I heard a voice of many angels around the throne and the living creatures and the elders, and the number of them was myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice: ‘The Lamb that was slaughtered is worthy to receive the power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.’ And every creature that is in heaven and on earth and underneath the earth and on the sea, and all the things in them, I heard saying: ‘To the One sitting on the throne and to the Lamb be the blessing and the honor and the glory and the might forever and ever’ And the four living creatures went saying: ‘Amen!’ and the elders fell down and worshiped.”

1) In Revelation 4:11, Jehovah is said to be worthy of receiving glory, honor and power. By comparing this to Revelation 5:12, we see that Jesus is worthy to receive not only glory, honor and power, but riches, wisdom, strength and blessing.

2) Revelation 5:13 goes on to say that every creature in heaven, on earth, under the earth and on the sea gives worship to the One sitting on the throne and to the lamb. If every creature in existence is worshipping, this must mean that Jesus is not a creature. So, the only other option left is that Jesus is the Creator who is certainly worthy to receive all worship.

3) Revelation 5:13-14 make it obvious that the One sitting on the throne and the Lamb are both given equal worship by the heavenly occupants.

What does all this conclude about whether or not worshipping Jesus is appropriate? The testimony of the New Testament is clear: Jesus accepted worship. Obviously, this says a whole lot about His identity. If Jesus is not equal to the Father, like the Watchtower teaches, then He is guilty of blasphemy in the first degree. But, if He is God manifested in the flesh, He then rightly is laudable of all our praise and worship. No wonder why Jesus said, “ .... in order that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He that does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him”. (John 5:23)

the question is, is Jesus guilty of blasphemy?

And I had asked you before...when the crowd of isrealites bowed down and worshipped Yahweh and king david his annointed king did they in there hearts give equal worship to Yahweh and david??......

Please answer the above question...

When the angels and all the living creatures bow down before the 1 God who is sitted on the throne and the lamb who has been exalted by that one God,do you think in the hearts of those creatures they don't know who the one God and who there GOD is??........

Davids example is so perfect for this worship issue......

Do you think if Gods appointed king is not honoured you can honour God who did the appointing??.....

Now I ask you again...

Who do you think the angels think is there GOD??...

The Father or Jesus??
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 1:21pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid: And let me make it clear that Jesus is not the almighty God mentioned in revelation 1:8.....

See Jesus here threading the winepress and anger of God the almighty(different from Jesus)

Revelation 19:13-15

13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped
in blood: and his name is called The Word of
God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven
followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine
linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword,
that with it he should smite the nations: and he
shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he
treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and
wrath of Almighty God

That is Jesus doing the biddings of God the almighty(The Father)......

After all that then he would be made subject for all eternity to this almighty GOD.....

I don't care about the rev 19 amd talking about 1:8
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

And I had asked you before...when the crowd of isrealites bowed down and worshipped Yahweh and king david his annointed king did they in there hearts give equal worship to Yahweh and david??......

Please answer the above question...

When the angels and all the living creatures bow down before the 1 God who is sitted on the throne and the lamb who has been exalted by that one God,do you think in the hearts of those creatures they don't know who the one God and who there GOD is??........

Davids example is so perfect for this worship issue......

Do you think if Gods appointed king is not honoured you can honour God who did the appointing??.....

Now I ask you again...

Who do you think the angels think is there GOD??...

The Father or Jesus??

haha... you cannot run from that you know the truth. david was given civil homage. you they ask me whi the angels think wetin concern me with what they think?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

Revelation 19 is confirming who the almighty God is...consistency bro...consistency.....

The whole of revelation talks about just one almighty God who sits on the throne and who exalted Jesus(The lamb) to sit with him...

That is why you here the one(GOD) sitted on the throne and the Lamb.....

That is why the opening part of revelation shows who the almighty God is(the one whom Jesus recieves revelation from).....

That is why in revelation 1:5-6 and revelation 3:12 Jesus calls this one sitted on the throne MY GOD......

Learn to see the difference rather than cause chaos.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

haha... you cannot run from that you know the truth. david was given civil homage. you they ask me whi the angels think wetin concern me with what they think?

He says david was given civil homage....God nkor??......

or did the Yahweh and david both receive civil homage??....

The isrealites bowed and worshipped Yahweh and the king simultaneously.....

Read that verse well.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 1:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

He says david was given civil homage....God nkor??......

or did the Yahweh and david both receive civil homage??....

The isrealites bowed and worshipped Yahweh and the king simultaneously.....

Read that verse well.......

Now from your belief the scriptures have lied?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

Now from your belief the scriptures have lied?

Not my belief.......I want you to analyze your views as to the word worship which you point to......

Did both david and Yahweh receive just civil homage simultaneously??.....

Remember I'm projecting davids case because he was Gods annointed......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

Not my belief.......I want you to analyze your views as to the word worship which you point to......

Did both david and Yahweh receive just civil homage simultaneously??.....

Remember I'm projecting davids case because he was Gods annointed......

[b]First of all, 1 Chron. 29:20 obviously cannot mean that David was worshiped equally with God. This would be blasphemy you know but because of argument sake you don lock up... shachah means different things it is best to translate the Hebrew word shachah as "pay homage" or "bow down," as is attested to by other translations.

•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king," (NASB).
•"Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king," (NIV).
•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." So all the assembly blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the Lord and the king," (NKJV).
•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and paid homage to the Lord and to the king," (ESV).

consistent with Hebrew dictionaries which tell us that the word shachah can mean worship, bow down, obeisance, reverence, fall down, crouch, prostrate oneself, This would easily demonstrate that David was not being worshiped. Instead, homage was being paid to him as was also being paid to God -- though, of course, there is no confusion about who is God and who is not. As if that weren't enough, the ijawkid and his JW own New World Translation translates the Hebrew word shachah in 1 Chron. 29:20 as "prostrate."

so even your watchtower knows that david is not being worshipped you are just bringing this up for argument sake.

"And David went on to say to all the congregation: "Bless, now, Jehovah YOUR God." And all the congregation proceeded to bless Jehovah the God of their forefathers and bow low and prostrate themselves to Jehovah and to the king," (NWT).

Therefore, the Jehovah's Witnesses own bible recognizes that King David, though greatly revered by the people, was not worshipped. Instead, both God and David were revered by the people by prostration, not worship.
[/b]

stick to your doctrine o...
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:57pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

[b]First of all, 1 Chron. 29:20 obviously cannot mean that David was worshiped equally with God. This would be blasphemy you know but because of argument sake you don lock up... shachah means different things it is best to translate the Hebrew word shachah as "pay homage" or "bow down," as is attested to by other translations.

•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed low and did homage to the Lord and to the king," (NASB).
•"Then David said to the whole assembly, "Praise the LORD your God." So they all praised the LORD, the God of their fathers; they bowed low and fell prostrate before the LORD and the king," (NIV).
•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Now bless the Lord your God." So all the assembly blessed the Lord God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and prostrated themselves before the Lord and the king," (NKJV).
•"Then David said to all the assembly, "Bless the Lord your God." And all the assembly blessed the Lord, the God of their fathers, and bowed their heads and paid homage to the Lord and to the king," (ESV).

consistent with Hebrew dictionaries which tell us that the word shachah can mean worship, bow down, obeisance, reverence, fall down, crouch, prostrate oneself, This would easily demonstrate that David was not being worshiped. Instead, homage was being paid to him as was also being paid to God -- though, of course, there is no confusion about who is God and who is not. As if that weren't enough, the ijawkid and his JW own New World Translation translates the Hebrew word shachah in 1 Chron. 29:20 as "prostrate."

so even your watchtower knows that david is not being worshipped you are just bringing this up for argument sake.

"And David went on to say to all the congregation: "Bless, now, Jehovah YOUR God." And all the congregation proceeded to bless Jehovah the God of their forefathers and bow low and prostrate themselves to Jehovah and to the king," (NWT).

Therefore, the Jehovah's Witnesses own bible recognizes that King David, though greatly revered by the people, was not worshipped. Instead, both God and David were revered by the people by prostration, not worship.
[/b]

stick to your doctrine o...

You are not even getting the point......

I know david was not worshipped as if he was equal to GOD.....

We have always known how to translate both the greek and hebrew words which worship is coined from......

It is you that is having serious understanding problems.......

It was very easy for you to exclude the KJV this time in 1 chronicles 29:20......

Abi??....

Now if I open other renditions to show you that Jesus wasn't actually worshipped from all the list of scriptures you quoted would you accept it....??...

And as regards david.....the crowd bowed down before david and Yahweh simultaneously.....but deep down in the hearts of those isrealites they do know who is there GOD......don't they??.......

now let me just quote 2 or 3 renderings of hebrews 1:6 that shows Jesus wasn't worship as though he were the same with the Father who recieves all glory and worship....
Hebrews 1:6

Young's Literal Translation
and when again He may bring in the
first-born to the world, He saith,
'And let them bow before him --

Douay-Rheims Bible
And again, when he bringeth in the
first begotten into the world, he
saith: And let all the angels of God
adore him.

Now do these verses that use adore and bow down contradict phillipians 2:8-10 where it says all knees would bow down to Jesus to the glory of God the Father??......

Uh??.......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 1:59pm On Jun 17, 2013
And benalvino I'm sticking to consistency.....

You do the same.....
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid: And benalvino I'm sticking to consistency.....

You do the same.....

you are not... fact is you are saying they worshipped david but deny Christ instead you say the do obeisance... that's not good.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

you are not... fact is you are saying they worshipped david but deny Christ instead you say the do obeisance... that's not good.

I am saying neither david nor Jesus recieves/recieved equal worship with Yahweh.....

Get the point!!!!!......

All the honour and adoration david,all isrealite kings and Jesus received are to the glory of God the Father.....

I know who my God is and it isn't Jesus,rather it is the Father..........
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 2:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

You are not even getting the point......

I know david was not worshipped as if he was equal to GOD.....

We have always known how to translate both the greek and hebrew words which worship is coined from......

It is you that is having serious understanding problems.......

It was very easy for you to exclude the KJV this time in 1 chronicles 29:20......

Abi??....

Now if I open other renditions to show you that Jesus wasn't actually worshipped from all the list of scriptures you quoted would you accept it....??...

And as regards david.....the crowd bowed down before david and Yahweh simultaneously.....but deep down in the hearts of those isrealites they do know who is there GOD......don't they??.......

now let me just quote 2 or 3 renderings of hebrews 1:6 that shows Jesus wasn't worship as though he were the same with the Father who recieves all glory and worship....
Hebrews 1:6

Young's Literal Translation
and when again He may bring in the
first-born to the world, He saith,
'And let them bow before him --

Douay-Rheims Bible
And again, when he bringeth in the
first begotten into the world, he
saith: And let all the angels of God
adore him.

Now do these verses that use adore and bow down contradict phillipians 2:8-10 where it says all knees would bow down to Jesus to the glory of God the Father??......

Uh??.......

now david was not worshipped abi? when I told you he was given civil homage you still insist he was worshipped with GOD... now you don change mouth... this is double standard. if you know he was not worshipped you wont be using it to back up your self... the father say same way you honor him is same way you will honor the son... Jesus say if you don't honor him you don't honor the father... this is why Jesus is GOD... that oneness with God is always there... God is the Good shepherd and he is the Good shepherd too...

Jesus said God is in him and he is in GOD... they want to kill him for making him self equal with the father... now see this verse

2Cor. 5:19 …God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them….
^^^ goes with the verse bellow...
Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus

John 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word ["logos"=Jesus], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Col. 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God….

Heb. 2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same….

if you have seen me you have seen the father...

John 14:8-11

Philip said to Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."
Jesus answered, "Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me(he is telling them they are seeing the father). The person that has seen me has seen the Father too(Exact representation of the father). So why do you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you truly believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me(Claiming he is one with the father)? The things I have told you don't come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work(See why Jesus is the word that became flesh?). Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.

2 Likes

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

I am saying neither david nor Jesus recieves/recieved equal worship with Yahweh.....

Get the point!!!!!......

All the honour and adoration david,all isrealite kings and Jesus received are to the glory of God the Father.....

I know who my God is and it isn't Jesus,rather it is the Father..........

Jesus was worshipped David was wasn't worshipped and was never worshipped... simple as that. when the bible talks about Jesus it says worship in David it says homage and you guys change Jesus worship to obeisance.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 2:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus was worshipped David was wasn't worshipped and was never worshipped... simple as that. when the bible talks about Jesus it says worship in David it says homage and you guys change Jesus worship to obeisance.

You don tire to open KJV abi??......

Na you sabi......

I don open other renderings wey allign with phillipians 2:8-10.....adore and bow down.......

Like I said I know my God...the angels bowing down to the one God who is siTted on the throne and the lamb know who the one God is...Jesus himself knows who is his God......

So I leave you with your thread......

cool
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

now david was not worshipped abi? when I told you he was given civil homage you still insist he was worshipped with GOD... now you don change mouth... this is double standard. if you know he was not worshipped you wont be using it to back up your self... the father say same way you honor him is same way you will honor the son... Jesus say if you don't honor him you don't honor the father... this is why Jesus is GOD... that oneness with God is always there... God is the Good shepherd and he is the Good shepherd too...

Jesus said God is in him and he is in GOD... they want to kill him for making him self equal with the father... now see this verse

2Cor. 5:19 …God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them….
^^^ goes with the verse bellow...
Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus

John 20:28 Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!"

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word ["logos"=Jesus], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

Col. 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God….

Heb. 2:14 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same….

if you have seen me you have seen the father...

John 14:8-11

Philip said to Jesus, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."
Jesus answered, "Philip, I have been with you for a long time. So you should know me(he is telling them they are seeing the father). The person that has seen me has seen the Father too(Exact representation of the father). So why do you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you truly believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me(Claiming he is one with the father)? The things I have told you don't come from me. The Father lives in me, and he is doing his own work(See why Jesus is the word that became flesh?). Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me. Or believe because of the miracles I have done.

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray
also for those who will believe in me through
their message, 21 that all of them may be
one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in
you. May they also be in us so that the world
may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have
given them the glory that you gave me
, that
they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them
and you in me
—so that they may be brought to
complete unity. Then the world will know that
you sent me and have loved them even as you
have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory,
the glory you have given me because you loved
me before the creation of the world.
25 “Righteous Father, though the world does
not know you, I know you, and they know that
you have sent me
. 26 I have made you[e]
known to them, and will continue to make you
known in order that the love you have for me
may be in them and that I myself may be in
them

Do you believe that if you are a true christian,if one has seen you one has seen Christ??......that is why when true christians are persecuted,it is Christ that is been persecuted.....

Do you believe you and Christ are ONE

Those verses up there should solve all your problems and mysteries..........

cool.......

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 2:47pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

You don tire to open KJV abi??......

Na you sabi......

I don open other renderings wey allign with phillipians 2:8-10.....adore and bow down.......

Like I said I know my God...the angels bowing down to the one God who is siTted on the throne and the lamb know who the one God is...Jesus himself knows who is his God......

So I leave you with your thread......

cool

all the contradiction.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

learn English... Jesus was made. who made him that way? in phil 2:5-11 it says he made him self

stop confusing yourself, quote the full phrase "made himself of no reputation" not that 'his own volition' but did not made himself a bad reputation of beign disobedient to God like satan

phil 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took on him the form of a servant, and was made [/b]in the likeness of men:

as you can see after the comma, the word reads 'and was made' which would have been superflous if the idea in that sentence means that 'his made himself' of his volition, it will not read 'and was made'

to cap it all, see 2:8;

New International Version (©2011)
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!
New Living Translation (©2007)
[b]he humbled himself in obedience to God [/b]and died a criminal's death on a cross.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And being found in human form,[b] he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death
, even death on a cross.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point [/b]of death, even death on a cross.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And being found in fashion as a man,[b] he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death
, even the death of the cross.

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 2:51pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

all the contradiction.

Na you abandon your dear Beloved KJV for 1 chronicles 29:20...

Learn to differentiate worships........

I have learnt that very well...that is why I know how worship should be rendered when its refered to Jesus...because I am 100 percent sure Jesus isn't the Father.....

Thank you....cool
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 3:05pm On Jun 17, 2013
@benalvino

Again

when paul was saying this below, jesus was already in the the heaven, yet he was 'reffered to by paul as having 'a head' which is God and has glorified 'His servant', Jesus

1Corinthians 11:3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

@benalvino

so if the head of christ is God, can christ also be equal with God?

again;

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac
and of Jacob, the God of our
forefathers, has glorified His
[size=14pt]servant, Jesus[/size],
whom you, for
your part, delivered up

answer pls!
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:07pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray
also for those who will believe in me through
their message, 21 that all of them may be
one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in
you. May they also be in us so that the world
may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have
given them the glory that you gave me
, that
they may be one as we are one— 23 I in them
and you in me
—so that they may be brought to
complete unity. Then the world will know that
you sent me and have loved them even as you
have loved me.
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to
be with me where I am, and to see my glory,
the glory you have given me because you loved
me before the creation of the world.
25 “Righteous Father, though the world does
not know you, I know you, and they know that
you have sent me
. 26 I have made you[e]
known to them, and will continue to make you
known in order that the love you have for me
may be in them and that I myself may be in
them

Do you believe that if you are a true christian,if one has seen you one has seen Christ??......that is why when true christians are persecuted,it is Christ that is been persecuted.....

Do you believe you and Christ are ONE

Those verses up there should solve all your problems and mysteries..........

cool.......

meh...
now you agree that he is One with the father? the thing is Jesus never calls his father our father. he says my Father and your father... our relationship with the father is by adoption. that is why Jesus is the everlasting father.

Now do you believe Jesus and the Father are one both of them are same in nature they are the ONE GOD. john 1:1 except you want to render it as a god(idol)
that unity is found in genesis where God pluralize him self.

we have to go through the mediator. we have to be one unity with the son when we are in unity with him then we are in unity with the father... cause the father and him are one.

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:

Na you abandon your dear Beloved KJV for 1 chronicles 29:20...

Learn to differentiate worships........

I have learnt that very well...that is why I know how worship should be rendered when its refered to Jesus...because I am 100 percent sure Jesus isn't the Father.....

Thank you....cool

I didn't... like I said the word have different meaning... its not about how they twist English to mean something else whereas it is about how they translate a particular word. so KJV is not actually wrong. worship is worship there is not a single way you can differentiate it. David got the civil Homage.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino:

stop confusing yourself, quote the full phrase "made himself of no reputation" not that 'his own volition' but did not made himself a bad reputation of beign disobedient to God like satan

phil 2:7

But made himself of no reputation, and took on him the form of a servant, and was made [/b]in the likeness of men:

as you can see after the comma, the word reads 'and was made' which would have been superflous if the idea in that sentence means that 'his made himself' of his volition, it will not read 'and was made'

to cap it all, see 2:8;

New International Version (©2011)
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death-- even death on a cross!
New Living Translation (©2007)
[b]he humbled himself in obedience to God [/b]and died a criminal's death on a cross.

English Standard Version (©2001)
And being found in human form,[b] he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death
, even death on a cross.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point [/b]of death, even death on a cross.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And being found in fashion as a man,[b] he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death
, even the death of the cross.

He made him self nothing... lol cant you get that?

Who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature[b] of a servant
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

Guy you they play with English you think say I be mumu... No worry look for

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

what do you learn from the red fonts?

it clearly shows he made him self... like that. all the verse you brought no one shows who made him like that... but this one is telling you he made him self now you want to use English to twist... lol who made him so if he didn't drop all his deity?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2013
BERNIMOORE: @benalvino

Again

when paul was saying this below, jesus was already in the the heaven, yet he was 'reffered to by paul as having 'a head' which is God and has glorified 'His servant', Jesus

1Corinthians 11:3

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

@benalvino

so if the head of christ is God, can christ also be equal with God?

again;

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham and of Isaac
and of Jacob, the God of our
forefathers, has glorified His
[size=14pt]servant, Jesus[/size],
whom you, for
your part, delivered up

answer pls!

if you go back a bit we have gone pass this... go couple of pages back.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

meh...
now you agree that he is One with the father? the thing is Jesus never calls his father our father. he says my Father and your father... our relationship with the father is by adoption. that is why Jesus is the everlasting father.
You are so damn confused...confused to the core......

Jesus calling our Father his Father is enough to show you that we and Jesus all have the same Father and stem from the same one GOD.....

And if you had remembered I gave an explanation as to why Jesus would be called eternal Father but you and your ilks were ruNning around saying he is Yahweh and now you are on an adoption spree...remember when I called Jesus a surrogate Father because of the children his Father gave to him??.

I quoted hebrews 1:9-13 to prove that....

And those scriptures I quoted shows and explains exactly how Jesus is one with the Father,just exactly the way we are one with Jesus......

benalvino:

Now do you believe Jesus and the Father are one both of them are same in nature they are the ONE GOD. john 1:1 except you want to render it as a god(idol)
that unity is found in genesis where God pluralize him self.

Have you blinded your eyes to the fact that we are exactly one with Jesus just as he is one with the Father....I quoted those scriptures for you to think and not to revert back to trinity..but behold you are confused......and it has been confirmed that we are all part of that pluraluralized formular(since you have decided to stubbornly) ........we are one with GOD and Jesus......

Think!!!! Think!!!!

benalvino:

we have to go through the mediator. we have to be one unity with the son when we are in unity with him then we are in unity with the father... cause the father and him are one.

And we are one with Jesus.....

When you go round this circle you would come to realize what we've been saying all along......

I'm happy you know Jesus is the one mediator between God and man and not the same God he Is a go-between for......

benalvino:

“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Please read the next verses and find out who made this statement.....
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

I didn't... like I said the word have different meaning... its not about how they twist English to mean something else whereas it is about how they translate a particular word. so KJV is not actually wrong. worship is worship there is not a single way you can differentiate it. David got the civil Homage.

Ahh I see......

Now its how it is translated right??....

Now who told you that proskneo in hebrews 1:6 must be translated as worship??......

Who??.....

Even when you know bowing down,prostrating oneself,adore all are words stemming from "proskneo".......
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:33pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:
You are so damn confused...confused to the core......

Jesus calling our Father his Father is enough to show you that we and Jesus all have the same Father and stem from the same one GOD.....

And if you had remembered I gave an explanation as to why Jesus would be called eternal Father but you and your ilks were ruNning around saying he is Yahweh and now you are on an adoption spree...remember when I called Jesus a surrogate Father because of the children his Father gave to him??.

I quoted hebrews 1:9-13 to prove that....

And those scriptures I quoted shows and explains exactly how Jesus is one with the Father,just exactly the way we are one with Jesus......

Have you blinded your eyes to the fact that we are exactly one with Jesus just as he is one with the Father....I quoted those scriptures for you to think and not to revert back to trinity..but behold you are confused......and it has been confirmed that we are all part of that pluraluralized formular(since you have decided to stubbornly) ........we are one with GOD and Jesus......

Think!!!! Think!!!!

And we are one with Jesus.....

When you go round this circle you would come to realize what we've been saying all along......

I'm happy you know Jesus is the one mediator between God and man and not the same God he Is a go-between for......

Please read the next verses and find out who made this statement.....

I am not confuse period.. our relationship starts from Jesus before the father accepts us. you cannot go to him direct simple...

and you are arguing different thing... why are we one with Jesus why cant we just be one with the father?
you see my point? why do you think Jesus became man?

no one is going through 2nd... your relationship with God is based on Jesus.. you cant be one with GOD but you are one with Jesus... Jesus is one with GOD. only when you are one with Jesus you can be accepted by the father... simple as that.

abeg who is coming soon? na the father or the son? make you they wear tinfoil hat you hear grin
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 3:40pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

I am not confuse period.. our relationship starts from Jesus before the father accepts us. you cannot go to him direct simple...
Is that not why the Father is the one GOD I recognize??......

Is that not why??.......

benalvino:

and you are arguing different thing... why are we one with Jesus why cant we just be one with the father?
you see my point? why do you think Jesus became man?
I know why Jesus came to the earth...my issue here is you trying to miscontrue the clear truth of oneness.....

That is why I am always reminding you that we are part of that oneness.....

benalvino:

no one is going through 2nd... your relationship with God is based on Jesus.. you cant be one with GOD but you are one with Jesus... Jesus is one with GOD. only when you are one with Jesus you can be accepted by the father... simple as that.

Didn't you read those verses that we would be in God the Father and in Jesus??......

John 17:21

21 that all of them may be
one, Father, just as you are in me and I
am in
you. May they also be in us so that the
world
may believe that you have sent me.

Jesus has led us to the one true God the Father,and we are now one with the Father......

The oneness continues.......

At the end of the day none of us,not even Jesus is equal with God the Father from whom all the glory comes from...........
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by truthislight: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2013
benalvino:

Ofcouse! You dont care about the bible and its consistency, you dont think the bible is consistent at all, all you care about is the pegan triology.

Revelation 1 talked about Jesus and then called Yahweh the almighty the alpha and Omega, just as it did in Rev22:6-13.
After talking about Yahweh, the God of the prophets, it then talked about Jesus, the root of david Rev. 22.16,17. Simple.

Revelation 19 is only repeating the thread of the whole bible that Yahweh is the almighty God as recorded in Exodus 6:3.

It is only a liar or an ignorant person that thinks the bible is inconsistent.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:34pm On Jun 17, 2013
ijawkid:
Is that not why the Father is the one GOD I recognize??......

Is that not why??.......

I know why Jesus came to the earth...my issue here is you trying to miscontrue the clear truth of oneness.....

That is why I am always reminding you that we are part of that oneness.....

Didn't you read those verses that we would be in God the Father and in Jesus??......

John 17:21

21 that all of them may be
one, Father, just as you are in me and I
am in
you. May they also be in us so that the
world
may believe that you have sent me.

Jesus has led us to the one true God the Father,and we are now one with the Father......

The oneness continues.......

At the end of the day none of us,not even Jesus is equal with God the Father from whom all the glory comes from...........

it Shows that the father an Jesus is one GOD... if you don't know Jesus you don't know the father... you cant separate them... like trying to know the father alone... at the end of everything they will be worshipped. for now Jesus is doing his job.

remember the father says there is only one savior and he is the savior(redeemer)... yet Jesus is the savior(redeemer) are there 2 saviors? nope only one...
God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them...

the truth is the Word was GOD and it became flesh and dwell amongst us...

me and you will be one... but Christ still says he is one exclusively with the father...
22. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.

so the only way you can get to the father is one with Jesus... God led us to him self... Jesus is the Word of God... again the father his reconciling with us through his word... God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them

the father is greater than the son... but they are one... before the world begin they are of same nature of which jesus drop for our sake... now he is man in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (32) (Reply)

'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' / Nigerian Pastor And His Wife Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo To Pastors: "Don't Use Church Money To Fund Personal Lifestyle"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.