Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,216 members, 7,910,303 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 01:56 AM

"Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! (25874 Views)

Why Are Jehovah Witness Not Given Attention / Jehovah's Witness Dies After Rejecting Blood Transfusion / Will I Be Making A Mistake By Becoming A Jehovah's Witness? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 5:53am On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino

if 'the father and son' two entities are the one being that is God, then the entities forming God should not have read 'you alone'

read again;

Darby Bible Translation
That they may know [size=18pt]that thou alone[/size], whose name is Jehovah, art the Most High over all the earth.

Go to John 1:1 and read... We have gone pass this... As I can see this is just a drawback... You can read the questions I gave to ijawkid and tell me why God lied according to your beliefs that 2 gods created the earth... God should not say he alone created if there is another god or angel that was beside him... Again we have gone pass this
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 6:01am On Jul 09, 2013

im ready to tag your next post, where you will adjust and say [size=14pt]'in your first understanding' of trinity, 'it was the son and father that is the one God'[/size] but [size=14pt]later realised that the third person 'holy spirit' was among.....[/size] can you see how hard pressed you are now, its because the trinity doctrine is based on lies! anyway im waiting for the adjustment.

I feel sorry for you... Even if I say in my first understand which I dont remember saying... But is it not you people jehovah's witness who always get new light about the understanding of the bible? And if I start posting contradiction and flipflop of jw doctrine ijawkid will get offended as usual... You are trying to act like am confused but I still stand by my beliefs..
now help your fellows answer this...

1: why Jesus is the first and last?
2: did God create Jesus through Jesus?

Except you answer this we will go on.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 6:07am On Jul 09, 2013

mr teacher benalvino, let me help you fix this again in your affirmation; below you said;

what of the third person,the holy spirit? are you saying that it is 'a dual conspiracy'? see your quote, tagged i

[ 1 (#f)]

what of the holy spirit?
You are just so confuse... How do you have Jesus in you? Is it not when the holy spirit is in you? They all have there roles they play... When the holy spirit is in you... You are in Christ at the same time in father cheesy you still not shaking the rope
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 6:13am On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino:

let me showed you what REALLY CHANGED AGAIN just on this page alone, again you code-switched back, im tagging your latest one now on this page as 1(#g)

you said

compare with your contradiction in tagged 1(#e) below;

(CBB)Confussion Break Bones!

Again you still get Schooled... Instead of you to thank me that I teach you something you are talking crap... Lol...
care to get more quotes from me? At the bottom line the fact is the church is put in Jerusalem and Jesus is the groom Jerusalem is the bride and we are also the bride... Or we are used to beautify Jerusalem any how you want am you still got Schooled cheesy
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 10:43am On Jul 09, 2013
Benalvino'

again, Mr teacher, you failed to provide proof that can knock-out the fact that psalms 83:18 affirm that [size=18pt]'thou alone'[/size] whose name is YHWH/JEHOVAH is the most high(my emphasis is on 'thou or you alone' a 'distinct and single individual' was YHWH/JEHOVAH).

now, you presented john 1:1 which says that;

in the beggining,'the word was with God, .....,

Benalvino:Go to John 1:1 and read... We have gone pass this... As I can see this is just a drawback... You can read the questions I gave to ijawkid and tell me why God lied according to your beliefs that 2 gods created the earth... God should not say he alone created if there is another god or angel that was beside him... Again we have gone pass this

if in the beggining according to your proof of john 1:1, before christ came to the earth, two entities were reported in this scenario of john 1:1, then;

where is the third person 'holy sirit' who is 'a person'(according to trinity doctrine)and also thought to be as important as the two, but was missing in your evidence?

based on your proof supplied in john 1:1,

you have failed to provide the third person who is also thought to be as important as the two, but was missing in the evidence you provided,

so, i must say that you are not qualified as a teacher, and im recommending you to go back to school, sorry maybe im just a smart student here, my reccomendation?

you are fired!
grin grin grin

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: Benalvino'

again, Mr teacher, you failed to provide proof that can knock-out the fact that psalms 83:18 affirm that [size=18pt]'thou alone'[/size] whose name is YHWH/JEHOVAH is the most high(my emphasis is on 'thou or you alone' a 'distinct and single individual' was YHWH/JEHOVAH).

now, you presented john 1:1 which says that;

in the beggining,'the word was with God, .....,

if in the beggining according to your proof of john 1:1, before christ came to the earth, two entities were reported in this scenario of john 1:1, then;

where is the third person 'holy sirit' who is 'a person'(according to trinity doctrine)and also thought to be as important as the two, but was missing in your evidence?

based on your proof supplied in john 1:1,

you have failed to provide the third person who is also thought to be as important as the two, but was missing in the evidence you provided,

so, i must say that you are not qualified as a teacher, and im recommending you to go back to school, sorry maybe im just a smart student here, my reccomendation?

you are fired!
grin grin grin

We have Gone pass this...
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

The Hebrew word for “Spirit” is often translated as “wind” or “breath” in the Old Testament. The same word is found in Psalm 33:6, where we again catch a glimpse of the Spirit’s work in creation: “By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath [Spirit] of His mouth.”

The next verse of this psalm continues, “He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deep in storehouses” (Psalm 33:7). Certainly, this should remind us of how “the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters” in Genesis 1:2.

If we look closer at the word “hovering,” we find that it conveys the idea of a bird sitting in a nest, hovering and brooding over her eggs, caring for the new lives. The same word is used to describe how “an eagle stirs up its nest, [and] hovers over its young” in Deuteronomy 32:11.

What a beautiful picture of God preparing to bring life into the world through His Spirit! God designed all of creation for life—our life. “By His Spirit [God] adorned the heavens” (Job 26:13), and they were designed with us in mind:
For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens . . . who formed the earth and made it . . . he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited! (Isaiah 45:18, ESV, emphasis added).

On this fascinating topic, we should also note that Scripture describes a similar “hovering” of the Holy Spirit in one of the greatest miracles of all time—the miraculous conception of Jesus Christ: “And the angel answered and said to [Mary], ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you’” (Luke 1:35).

Just as God worked through Jesus and the Holy Spirit to bring life into the dark, formless world at Creation, so also He now offers eternal life to any who repent and believe through the Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ (John 3:5, 6:63).

big idea: all three persons of the Trinity were involved in Creation—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Same Goes for redemption... They have always worked in harmony...

You are trying too hard now you are beginning to look silly by your own effort.

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 11:35am On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino:

Genesis 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

The Hebrew word for “Spirit” is often translated as “wind” or “breath” in the Old Testament. The same word is found in Psalm 33:6, where we again catch a glimpse of the Spirit’s work in creation: “By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and all the host of them by the breath [Spirit] of His mouth.”

The next verse of this psalm continues, “He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deep in storehouses” (Psalm 33:7). Certainly, this should remind us of how “the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters” in Genesis 1:2.

If we look closer at the word “hovering,” we find that it conveys the idea of a bird sitting in a nest, hovering and brooding over her eggs, caring for the new lives. The same word is used to describe how “an eagle stirs up its nest, [and] hovers over its young” in Deuteronomy 32:11.

What a beautiful picture of God preparing to bring life into the world through His Spirit! God designed all of creation for life—our life. “By His Spirit [God] adorned the heavens” (Job 26:13), and they were designed with us in mind:
For thus says the Lord, who created the heavens . . . who formed the earth and made it . . . he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited! (Isaiah 45:18, ESV, emphasis added).

On this fascinating topic, we should also note that Scripture describes a similar “hovering” of the Holy Spirit in one of the greatest miracles of all time—the miraculous conception of Jesus Christ: “And the angel answered and said to [Mary], ‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you’” (Luke 1:35).

Just as God worked through Jesus and the Holy Spirit to bring life into the dark, formless world at Creation, so also He now offers eternal life to any who repent and believe through the Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ (John 3:5, 6:63).

big idea: all three persons of the Trinity were involved in Creation—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Same Goes for redemption... They have always worked in harmony...

You are the silly person here.....

See paul again forgetting about the holy spirit straight forward...

1 corinthians 8:6

New International Version
(©2011)
yet for us there is but one God,
the Father
, from whom all things
came and for whom we live; and
there is but one Lord, Jesus
Christ, through whom all things
came and through whom we live.

1....First of God the Father is recognized as the one God from whom(source) all things including Jesus came from......

2...Jesus is recognized as the one appointed Lord through(vendor) whom creation took place...

3...The holy spirit was forgotten as a person in this most important verse that should prove the trinity........maybe you might suggest the holy spirit was with paul when he penned down this verse and so told paul not to add his name to the list....grin

Please try and help paul to fix in the holy spirit...I mean this scripture is the most potent of scriptures that shows who the one God is and what happend in the beginning and Jesus' role...

And please like I have asked from time immomorial...is there just one scripture that is so clear like 1 corinthians 8:6 that says the but to us there is but one God the Father,son and holy spirit??.....
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 11:48am On Jul 09, 2013
ijawkid:

You are the silly person here.....

See paul again forgetting about the holy spirit straight forward...

1 corinthians 8:6

New International Version
(©2011)
yet for us there is but one God,
the Father
, from whom all things
came and for whom we live; and
there is but one Lord, Jesus
Christ, through whom all things
came and through whom we live.

1....First of God the Father is recognized as the one God from whom(source) all things including Jesus came from......

2...Jesus is recognized as the one appointed Lord through(vendor) whom creation took place...

3...The holy spirit was forgotten as a person in this most important verse that should prove the trinity........maybe you might suggest the holy spirit was with paul when he penned down this verse and so told paul not to add his name to the list....grin

Please try and help paul to fix in the holy spirit...I mean this scripture is the most potent of scriptures that shows who the one God is and what happend in the beginning and Jesus' role...

And please like I have asked from time immomorial...is there just one scripture that is so clear like 1 corinthians 8:6 that says the but to us there is but one God the Father,son and holy spirit??.....

The question for you to answer is up there... this verse didnt change anything smiley at the end all 3 were involved in the creation at the end all 3 are involved in redemption... take out one and see what happens...

again i have set up questions for you that you run away from... All you do is to call me names because i dont agree with your points... again the names doesn't make your point facts.

is there one scripture that says Jesus is an angel(michael) or one that say he materialized with human body... or one that says God dispose his body... or one that says he raised as michael the archangel? the post you replied clearly Shows the 3 acting in harmony from the beginning to the end... now I want you to answer the questions

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino

benalvino:The bible says you and your wife becomes one flesh... Its not the trinity that's says it... Get your facts right.

good boy, if you and your wife [size=14pt]becomes[/size] one flesh, isnt that metaphorial? is it in essence? can you see that?

that is why paul is using a parallel analogy in 1 corinthians 11:3;
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God".

while God (father) and christ are NOT the one GOD, because psalm 83:18 stressed it that "thou alone" whose name is YHWH/JHVH is the most High.... not two, not three but ONE, okay?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2013

good boy, if you and your wife [size=14pt]becomes[/size] one flesh, isnt that metaphorial? is it in essence? can you see that?

that is why paul is using a parallel analogy in 1 corinthians 11:3;
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God".

while God (father) and christ are NOT the one GOD, because psalm 83:18 stressed it that "thou alone" whose name is YHWH/JHVH is the most High.... not two, not three but ONE, okay?

The jewish law is that Christ must serve their God and the father Beget him yes the Father is greater than him but one can say same thing about man and wife or earthly father and son... and yes the father is the head of Christ...
you are greater than your wife that doesnt stop her from being Human being... she has same nature as you... simple. your dad is greater than you at home it doesnt stop you from being a man... you are a man like him.
But while on earth he is not acting as God... Phil 2:6...

You are still not shaking...
Abeg try answer the question i gave you if you want me to continue replying you... am always glad to reply but dont be selfish... i present some questions you refuse to answer...

additional...
Is Jesus God? John 1:1 and many other verse says so... If YES
is he true God or false God?
Did God create Jesus through Jesus? bible says without Jesus nothing came into being
why is jesus the first and last like the father... can there be 2 first and last?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 3:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino;

benalvino;You are trying too hard now you are beginning to look silly by your own effort.

yeah, im trying because all what im posting are my works, my convinctions, and my beliefs

but you stole another man's work(Erik Lutz, AiG–U.S.September 30, 2010), clean up his name, and present it as your work, isnt that silly? you copied whole nine paragraphs ..copy and paste without your own effort;

here is your post but you copied the colored from another man's work, haaabaaaa, walahi, lets compare word for word;

big idea: all three persons of the Trinity were involved in Creation—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Same Goes for redemption... They have always worked in harmony...

just see the link below where you stole that work (compare bolded part yours that above);

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/09/30/holy-spirit-involved-in-creation

How Was the Holy Spirit Involved in Creation?

Biblical Authority Devotional: Authority of the Spirit, Part 5
by Erik Lutz, AiG–U.S.September 30, 2010
Layman

author-erik-lutz authority-of-the-holy-spirit biblical-authority-devotional holy-spirit
[b]In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:1–2)
Today’s big question: how was the Holy Spirit involved in Creation?
We have seen previously that Jesus Christ, the Son of God and second person of the Trinity, was involved with God the Father in the creation of everything (John 1:1–3). Now, in Genesis 1:2, we see that the “Spirit of God” was also involved in creation.
Today’s big idea: all three persons of the Trinity were involved in Creation—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit[/b]

when replying pls your effort is what counts, dont copy and paste another work not yours, but that will not stop me from giving a reply to it.

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 3:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino;

yeah, im trying because all what im posting are my works, my convinctions, and my beliefs

but you stole another man's work(Erik Lutz, AiG–U.S.September 30, 2010), clean up his name, and present it as your work, isnt that silly? you copied whole nine paragraphs ..copy and paste without your own effort;

here is your post but you copied the colored from another man's work, haaabaaaa, walahi, lets compare word for word;

just see the link below where you stole that work;

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2010/09/30/holy-spirit-involved-in-creation

How Was the Holy Spirit Involved in Creation?

Biblical Authority Devotional: Authority of the Spirit, Part 5
by Erik Lutz, AiG–U.S.September 30, 2010
Layman

author-erik-lutz authority-of-the-holy-spirit biblical-authority-devotional holy-spirit
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. (Genesis 1:1–2)
Today’s big question: how was the Holy Spirit involved in Creation?
We have seen previously that Jesus Christ, the Son of God and second person of the Trinity, was involved with God the Father in the creation of everything (John 1:1–3). Now, in Genesis 1:2, we see that the “Spirit of God” was also involved in creation.
Today’s big idea: all three persons of the Trinity were involved in Creation—the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Who cares if i got it from somewhere... the point is They explain my point better... I can see you playing a childish game here... it wont take long before you change your name back to barrister and pretend to be your elder brother again...

So till you get something to say or answer my questions adios! tongue
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Itsfacts: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
@bernimoore does it really matter? If it answers your question then why do you care where it came from. If this is exam its a different case o besides i know that you are a copy cat in school grin na naija system. But it no matter i do am and many others.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino

Who cares if i got it from somewhere... the point is They explain my point better... I can see you playing a childish game here... it wont take long before you change your name back to barrister and pretend to be your elder brother again...

So till you get something to say or answer my questions adios!

i care please, it is called forgery, and its criminal, why are you angry bro? easy now,

you are yet to prove that im a barrister, prove it now!

you STOLE Erik Lutz's work, simple!

after you failed using john 1:1 which contains only 2 persons to prove 3 entities as one God
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:02pm On Jul 09, 2013

i care please, it is called forgery, and its criminal, why are you angry bro? easy now,

after you failed using john 1:1 which contains only 2 persons to prove 3 entities as one God

So roll over and die lol... I dont care... better yet arrest me... hahahaha you no get work. i ask you question in order for you to dodge it you turn FBI... abeg arrest but still answer the Question.

I said Jesus is God... I showed you John 1:1 you said only 2... And i should you where the 3 did it... So i dont care whether i took it from a page.. All i care is that i burst your Bubble... showed you the 3 in action.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Itsfacts: 4:07pm On Jul 09, 2013

I did not know this nigga is this foolish o. Abi government buddies hold your brain too? Why you they drink Panadol for another man headaches. If you no fit answer him question why not run away like your elder ijawkid

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino

I feel sorry for you... Even if I say in my first understand which I dont remember saying... But is it not you people jehovah's witness who always get new light about the understanding of the bible? And if I start posting contradiction and flipflop of jw doctrine ijawkid will get offended as usual... You are trying to act like am confused but I still stand by my beliefs..
now help your fellows answer this...

bolded above i did not say that you are confused o, haba how can my teacher be a confused man,

im not a jehovahs witnesses, i have said it severally, but their arguments are superior, i dig my own facts independently, i repeat again ,i dig my own facts independently.. and realised that most of what they teach are on point. i stand to be corrected!

benalvino: 1: why Jesus is the first and last?

first of what? is an open statement!

last of what? i know that jesus was also called 'last Adam' (1 Cor. 15:45)

allude what you mean to a bible verse, okay so that we start from there.

2: benalvino: did God create Jesus through Jesus?

God is not a lunatic, jesus affirm that he was created
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE:
benalvino admit individuality of separate entities below:

he cited pauls inspired comment but benalvino instead of seing what paul wants to prove chose to divert to holding an opinion saying that we 'church' married christ, instead of submission to christ, the way christ did to her husband,

the book of analysed like this, using the individual concept

husband head of wife

as

christ head the church

as

God (father) is the head of christ

1 corinthians 11:3;
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

striking a balanced individual relations,

only for benalvino to say that he is more knowlegeable than inspired apostle paul by saying,

husband and wife in relation to christ above, means that husband is the same person as the wife, this is because[b] he said christ is the same God that head himself, submit to himself, appoint himself,instructs himself........
[/b]

husband is the same person as the wife; heads himself, submit to himself, ,instructs himself......

[size=18pt]bible teaches one God 'God alone' [/size]

Psalm 83:18
That they may know that thou alone, whose name is Jehovah, Art the Most High over all the earth.

saiah 45:21 Declare what is to be, present it-- let them take counsel together. Who foretold this long ago, who declared it from the distant past? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me.

bernimoore: BERNIMOORE: benalvino
good boy, if you and your wife becomes one flesh, isnt that metaphorial? is it in essence? can you see that?

see how stupid you are now... First you said am saying Husband and wife are same person(because i said they become One) and then you post the above again meaning you understand what am saying all along... I petty you... True2god really know that you are no different from the serpent that temp eve... poor you.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2013

bolded above i did not say that you are confused o, haba how can my teacher be a confused man,

im not a jehovahs witnesses, i have said it severally, but their arguments are superior, i dig my own facts independently, i repeat again ,i dig my own facts independently.. and realised that most of what they teach are on point. i stand to be corrected!

first of what? is an open statement!

last of what? i know that jesus was also called 'last Adam' (1 Cor. 15:45)

allude what you mean to a bible verse, okay so that we start from there.

God is not a lunatic, jesus affirm that he was created

So what is he the first for? is first and last title only God have or not?
So now you are counting the number of adams that are on earth and jesus is the last? hahahaaha...
and if you can dig info from anywhere do it... no one is stopping you or stop trying to be cool cause you are not... be your self and get all the help you can.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
So out of all the question i asked you tried only one and failed badly...
lol give the other simpler once a try...

1... is Jesus God... If yes is he true God or false? (clue: john 1:1 and isaiah)
2... did Jesus create him self? or did God create Jesus through Jesus? (clue: without Jesus nothing came into being)
3... is Jesus and Angel?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino: So out of all the question i asked you tried only one and failed badly...
lol give the other simpler once a try...

1... is Jesus God... If yes is he true God or false? (clue: john 1:1 and isaiah)
2... did Jesus create him self? or did God create Jesus through Jesus? (clue: without Jesus nothing came into being)
3... is Jesus and Angel?

Can GOD be begotten ?

Can GOD die ?

Can God be tempted ?

Is God a spirit or a MAN ?

smiley
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
frosbel:

Can GOD be begotten ?

Can GOD die ?

Can God be tempted ?

Is God a spirit or a MAN ?

smiley
Good question... but we have gone passed this... anyways
Phil 9:2 this answer your Questions all at once.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino:

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
frosbel:

that shows why God died...
you Can tempt God... the bible teaches that... People tempt the lord... so occasion people temp the lord... so it depends on what kind of tempting you mean.

Daniel or so tempted the Lord and God did want he wanted.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 5:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
@frosbel

i can see that you are surprised, grin grin

benalvino is tired, his usual song in evading questions is 'we have gone passed this' he evades questions at will, he did not answer anything,

im composing some stuffs for him, he never knew whom he jam!
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 5:33pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino,
i only wants you to know that it wasnt your work! but then lutz work answers nothing,

I said Jesus is God... I showed you John 1:1 you said only 2... And i should you where the 3 did it... So i dont care whether i took it from a page.. All i care is that i burst your Bubble... showed you the 3 in action

where do you showed three did what? are you dumb? are we talking about creation? i said[b] prove where it is mentioned that the three persons is the one God[/b] you now went copy Lutz work about creation to change the topic, which is not what we are talking about.

what i ask you to[size=14pt] prove was that three persons is the one God [/size] but you failed by quoting john 1:1

mentioned only 2 here as GOD, Genesis 1:1-2 below(quoted in lutz work which you said burst bubble); lets see;

Genesis 1:1-2
King James Version (KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

father son and the holy spirit was never reffered in that genesis 1:1-2 'as the one God' go back and read it, we are not talking about creation, prove prove prove where the 3 perons are declared to be one beign -GOD; john 1;1 only talked about 2.

besides, holy spirit is not a person

im waiting, show me where father son and the holy spirit were reffered as ONE GOD, dont bring creation stuff here okay?
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 5:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
BERNIMOORE: benalvino,
i only wants you to know that it wasnt your work! but then lutz work answers nothing,

where do you showed three did what? are you dumb? are we talking about creation? i said[b] prove where it is mentioned that the three persons is the one God[/b] you now went copy Lutz work about creation to change the topic, which is not what we are talking about.

what i ask you to[size=14pt] prove was that three persons is the one God [/size] but you failed by quoting john 1:1

mentioned only 2 here as GOD, Genesis 1:1-2 below(quoted in lutz work which you said burst bubble); lets see;

King James Version (KJV)

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

father son and the holy spirit was never reffered in that genesis 1:1-2 'as the one God' go back and read it, we are not talking about creation, prove prove prove where the 3 perons are declared to be one beign -GOD; john 1;1 only talked about 2.

im waiting, show me where father son and the holy spirit were reffered as ONE GOD, dont bring creation stuff here okay?

answer my question first then Show me verse where the bible says Jesus is an angel then we can talk...

proving that the 3 are God has been done many times...
How do we Be in Christ? its through the spirit right? through same spirit God dwells in us... our Body is said to be the Temple of God... so can we agree that when the holy spirit dwells in us... its God that is dwelling in us? also its Christ that is dwelling in US... this is bible teaching.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - We are a temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwells in us.

1 Corinthians 6:19 - 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

what you see is that Our body is the temple of God and the temple of the Holy spirit... when the Holy spirit is in you it means God is it you... logic will tell you that the Holy spirit is God.
the Holy spirit is called God several times... he knows everything God knows.

we have showed that father son and holy spirit is called God...

The father and son and holy spirit never referred grin
In Genesis did it mention the father? no... Son? no... Holyspirit Yes... and Genesis says God created right? Yes...
Same God says Let us create abi? Yes... after it says and God create? who is the Us? Clue is that the Holy spirit was hovering... we know that...
we go to John 1:1 and it says the Word is God which you agree... john 1:33All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made by = through here... see the bold they are key and also why Jesus is not created... it says without Jesus Jesus cannot be created or anything for that matter... Now you see that all 3 are involved?
then after we have God pass creation... isaiah and others says only One God create us... if jesus is a demi god like the senior boys teach you... then the bible contradicts and God said he will destroy any so called that did not create the heaven and earth...
Now if Jesus is not God but angel... the Bible says Jesus was there in the beginning and God used him to create every thing... it means there are 2 person that took part... One is God the other is angel or whatever you choose to call your Jesus... Why will God say he alone Did it by him self and no one was beside him? Wont that be contradiction if jesus is not God?

I would like you to answer my question. as you said am dodging questions... all frosbel said was a repetition of what have been said before...

Between you and I the person evading is you.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 6:21pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino

and this is what you came up with?
Am happy you have seen that the father and son Is God from your statement... But dont worry I will answer your question...
First of all answer my question so i know what your stands are

jesus is a God, im not disputing that God is a title.

you cant be 'with someone, and yet you are with yourself' that is stupid reasoning. bible did not teach that.

the lineage of family he is born to on earth, is pronounced GOD, "and the house of David shall be like God"... Zechariah 12:8

this is why when Gods name YHWH/JHVH was conspiraciouly removed from the bible, and rendered with common titles God, god,lord and not distinct,YHWH/JHVH, hence we have all this argument, it was the name YHWH/JHVH that distinguished God alone as a beign and not three that jesus reffered to when he says;

John 17:26

26And [size=18pt]I have declared to them your name[/size], and[b] will declare it[/b]: that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.

[size=18pt]jesus did not say 'our name' but 'your name'[/size] christ wasnt reffering to TITLES,god/God/lord/.... he even vowed to continue declaring the distinct name

in all angles, trinity failed!

1 Like

Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 6:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Bernimoore: BERNIMOORE: benalvino,

what i ask you to prove was that three persons is the one God but you failed by quoting john 1:1

King James Version (KJV)

answer my question first then Show me verse where the bible says Jesus is an angel then we can talk...

proving that the 3 are God has been done many times...
How do we Be in Christ? its through the spirit right? through same spirit God dwells in us... our Body is said to be the Temple of God... so can we agree that when the holy spirit dwells in us... its God that is dwelling in us? also its Christ that is dwelling in US... this is bible teaching.
1 Corinthians 3:16 - We are a temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwells in us.

1 Corinthians 6:19 - 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

what you see is that Our body is the temple of God and the temple of the Holy spirit... when the Holy spirit is in you it means God is it you... logic will tell you that the Holy spirit is God.
the Holy spirit is called God several times... he knows everything God knows.

we have showed that father son and holy spirit is called God...

The father and son and holy spirit never referred grin
In Genesis did it mention the father? no... Son? no... Holyspirit Yes... and Genesis says God created right? Yes...
Same God says Let us create abi? Yes... after it says and God create? who is the Us? Clue is that the Holy spirit was hovering... we know that...
we go to John 1:1 and it says the Word is God which you agree... john 1:33All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made by = through here... see the bold they are key and also why Jesus is not created... it says without Jesus Jesus cannot be created or anything for that matter... Now you see that all 3 are involved?
then after we have God pass creation... isaiah and others says only One God create us... if jesus is a demi god like the senior boys teach you... then the bible contradicts and God said he will destroy any so called that did not create the heaven and earth...
Now if Jesus is not God but angel... the Bible says Jesus was there in the beginning and God used him to create every thing... it means there are 2 person that took part... One is God the other is angel or whatever you choose to call your Jesus... Why will God say he alone Did it by him self and no one was beside him? Wont that be contradiction if jesus is not God?

I would like you to answer my question. as you said am dodging questions... all frosbel said was a repetition of what have been said before...

Between you and I the person evading is you.
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by benalvino(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2013

jesus is a God, im not disputing that God is a title.

you cant be 'with someone, and yet you are with yourself' that is stupid reasoning. bible did not teach that.

the lineage of family he is born to on earth, is pronounced GOD, "and the house of David shall be like God"... Zechariah 12:8

this is why when Gods name YHWH/JHVH was conspiraciouly removed from the bible, and rendered with common titles God, god,lord and not distinct,YHWH/JHVH, hence we have all this argument, it was the name YHWH/JHVH that distinguished God alone as a beign and not three that jesus reffered to when he says;

John 17:26

26And [size=18pt]I have declared to them your name[/size], and[b] will declare it[/b]: that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.

[size=18pt]jesus did not say 'our name' but 'your name'[/size] christ wasnt reffering to TITLES,god/God/lord/.... he even vowed to continue declaring the distinct name

in all angles, trinity failed!

God is a nature... if Jesus is a god... are you saying he is a false God?

the house of david will be like God...
But you cannot know the father without knowing the Son... or can you bypass that route? the people that Killed Jesus Know of God... but they don't know Jesus and you know what will happen to them. you cannot know God without knowing Jesus. Not possible...
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
if you dont know Jesus name you cant be saved... so you have to know Jesus name to know the father.
Joel 2:32
Then everyone who calls on the name of Yahweh will be saved, for there will be an escape for those on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, as the LORD promised, among the survivors the LORD calls.

Philippians 2:9-11: "Therefore also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven, and on earth, and under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by ijawkid(m): 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino:

The question for you to answer is up there... this verse didnt change anything smiley at the end all 3 were involved in the creation at the end all 3 are involved in redemption... take out one and see what happens...
Shut up.........

This verse up there changes everything...it says the only one God is the Father alone.....

I am still waiting for that verse that says the one God is the Father,son and holy spirit...

benalvino:

again i have set up questions for you that you run away from... All you do is to call me names because i dont agree with your points... again the names doesn't make your point facts.
Your questions are fulll of ignorance and one and shows one who is stiff necked....

benalvino:

is there one scripture that says Jesus is an angel(michael) or one that say he materialized with human body

Where you not shown where Jesus was called angleos some threads ago..??.....

And if I remember well you gave up the Jesus body discussion on one thread like that...

You want us to go back to it??......

I ready ooo!!!!!.......

Its up to you to choose if Jesus materialized and de-materialized.....one certain thing is Jesus isn't flesh in heaven....

benalvino:

... or one that says God dispose his body... or one that says he raised as michael the archangel? the post you replied clearly Shows the 3 acting in harmony from the beginning to the end... now I want you to answer the questions

Please show us just a verse that says the one God to us is the Father ,son and holy spirit....isn't this your belief supposed to be explicit in the scriptures??....

Do we have to search like mad people to find this doctrine of yours??....

Please just a scripture....

I have 1 corinthians 8:6....please find a scripture that destroys or counters 1 corinthians 8:6 by saying otherwise that the one God is not the Father alone....

Please I'm waiting....

And as regards body.....please try visualizing where the body of a mango seed you planted goes to after it grows into a tree.....
Re: "Firstborn" Does It Mean First Created? Jehovah's Witness! by BERNIMOORE: 6:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
benalvino

easy one,

Malachi 3:1 some of the oldest bible;

Darby Bible Translation
Behold, I send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me; and [size=14pt]the Lord whom ye seek will suddenly come to his temple, and the Angel of the covenant[/size], whom ye delight in: behold, he cometh, saith Jehovah of hosts.

Douay-Rheims Bible 1899
Behold I send my angel, and he shall prepare the way before my face. And presently [size=14pt]the Lord, whom you seek, and the angel of the testament, whom you desire, [/size]shall come to his temple. Behold he cometh, saith the Lord of hosts.

who is the angel of the covenant

Hebrews 8:6
But Jesus has now obtained a superior ministry, and to that degree He is the[b] mediator of a better covenant[/b], which has been legally enacted on better promises.

objection?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (32) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Worships At Tunde Bakare's Church (Photos) / Zimbabwe: Woman Slumps And Dies In Church After Giving Testimony (pics) / PASTOR O.O ABEL SERMON ON WONDERS OF ELEVENTH (11TH) HOUR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.