Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,850 members, 7,872,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:40 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (730092 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by phapi(m): 5:43pm On Sep 09, 2013
Kola go hear ahm well after *mission chukwudi* don accomplish

Zubby d master revenger
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Bash92(m): 6:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
nuelkaosi: pls mr Zubby. I need u to help me xplain more concerning this ur quote. "There are crimes of passion and crimes of Logic, The boundaries between them is not clearly defined.'' .. I hv been trying to no avail.. Tnks
Must u quote d whole tin b4 he answer you,i beg modify ur post joooo.
I initially taught there is a new update wen i saw page 93 nt knowing na u make d page quickly finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by weazley(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
I stil rememba haw it al started frm legend of d phorkas, hmmn... role model sir, yu ar tu kind, thanx.. Wish I had ur razor sharp kinda brain,
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by nuelkaosi(m): 8:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
Bash92:
I initially taught there is a new update wen i saw page 93 nt knowing na u make d page quickly finish
ldrmh grin
Bash92:
ldrmh... Hahaha.. Una sorry ooooo.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
nuelkaosi: pls mr Zubby. I need u to help me xplain more concerning this ur quote. "There are crimes of passion and crimes of Logic, The boundaries between them is not clearly defined.'' .. I hv been trying to no avail.. Tnks
are u a learner?? Dont try dis next tym, if u do, i'll call kola and baba for u. I'm watching u closly.

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nduking92(m): 9:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oga zubby abeg o
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by freezzz: 9:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Wizee: are u a learner?? Dont try dis next tym, if u do, i'll call kola and baba for u. I'm watching u closly.

I help the guy beg oooo; no call kola and co. for am, make dem no tear am slap wey go uproot hin molar cool

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by TrojanEdu: 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oya,dance skelewu!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
freezzz:
I help the guy beg oooo; no call kola and co. for am, make dem no tear am slap wey go uproot hin molar cool
gringringrin the guy no try @all, see as him quote d whole chapter. Mke i pity am sha,bcoz of u. *dialing kola's numba,ringing* helo kola,na wizee; abeg dat guy wey i tell u say him f*up,mke u 4get am, him guy don settle ground. Mke we meet for skool compound,mke i organise sumtin for the boys....

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by aao: 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
abeg come give us goodnight update Zuby.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by afeezmore: 10:37pm On Sep 09, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin this thread go reach 100 soon oga sibby lol u get bomb lol[sup][/sup]
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 12:57am On Sep 10, 2013
00:57
make una no vex oh! Na attendance,i just mark sooo.....oga sibby,come clear our doubts abeg
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 6:11am On Sep 10, 2013
Chapter 109

The following day was tuesday. I got a call from a courier service asking if I was Azubuike. They said I had a package from Germany.

I drove to Nahco complex and got th DHL. It was the bill of Lading as expected.

I photocopied it inside the complex and drove to the wharf.
I called Ifeanyi and handed him a photocopy of the bill. He was to call Chukwudi and hand it over to him the same day.
I got home and told Maria that we were going to the beach. She jumped up at the proposal.

We drove to her house and picked up her swimming gears. Not that she would swim in the ocean. The last time I was at the Lekki beach, the people who claimed to be swimming only stayed at the edge of the water and ran back to the dry land whenever the huge wave headed towards them.

We got to Lekki beach before 12pm, and settled in a small thatched house. We hired the hut and two mats from a young Yoruba boy.

I had brought along a bottle of wine and half bottle of whiskey.
We drank as we laid down on the mats and kissed.

Apparently Maria didn't care if people were looking at us. Just like me, she had been to the European beaches and saw how they behaved. Although Lagos was not Napoli but her mindset had been altered just like mine. It all explained why I saw things differently from too many Nigerians.
Not that I was better but we lived in a society where someone would drive past a red traffic light.

I had been at a traffic light in maryland Lagos. The light had turned red and I stopped. A car behind me had been blaring its horn for me to drive through since there was no car passing from the other side. Apparently, the road was clear according to his own understanding.
Too many things were wrong with our system. Nigerians needed serious orientations on obeying the rules and regulations..

We left the beach around 5pm. It was a mistake I regretted. There was gridlock on the western avenue. We had to wait for over two hours before we connected to Surulere through Masha.

We went to Maria's house. It was closer and even more romantic. She had decorated her sitting room with flowers. As for my own apartment, despite the obvious fact that it was new, I didn't care about flowers, I never did.
I believed that as a soldier of the street, I didn't need romantic emblems. That was for Ramsey Noah, Desmond Elliot and Emeka Ike likes, not Pablo Escoba and Che Guevera likes.
I never did much things to endear women to me.
I was just myself all along. No pretence and no boasting. I was just a bold guy who would tell you that you looked beautiful if I thought you did or that you looked ugly if I thought you did.

We slept in Maria's apartment.
The following morning, I went to Alaba and bought a Laptop. It was time to start playing with computers.

''Most men would rather deny the obvious truth than face it''

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by arbass(m): 6:19am On Sep 10, 2013
nice one! what an early dose.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 6:57am On Sep 10, 2013
After a brief illness thank God for my life. Now i am back again Mr Zubby u r too much i ve missed this thread so much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Chicent(m): 8:02am On Sep 10, 2013
temhab: After a brief illness thank God for my life. Now i am back again Mr Zubby u r too much i ve missed this thread so much

Sorry dear.....its good 2have u back! Thank God for safe recovery. We miss u thou!!! I see a dedication coming ur way.......thank me later. Oga Zubby don't forsake thee!!!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Zeinymira(f): 8:17am On Sep 10, 2013
More update plssssssssss
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:30am On Sep 10, 2013
Temhab.. The next Chapter is dedicated to you.
Welcome back to the "Life on the run".
We dont lose our people. We gain more.

11 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 8:31am On Sep 10, 2013
Chapter 110

On my way back from Alaba, I called Daisy and asked if she was free. She was. I went to their house and picked her up. We drove to Adetola. She was impressed with the new place. Unlike the red rugs in the first apartment, there was floor tiles in the new one. The kitchen had been equipped with Maxony cupboard and wall raft. The rooms were a little bigger than the old one. Instead of one bathroom, there was two. The master bedroom had its own bathroom and toilet.

We spent the entire day together and I drove her back to Ojo in the evening, I stopped her at Alakija and asked her to use bike down to her house. I needed to turn around before the unpredictable Lagos gridlock would keep me on the road for hours again.
BMW didn't know how to cope with hold ups. My car would start to over-heat as soon as it spent an hour on any hold up. It was a 2.5 power sealed 6 cylinder/plugs engine fit enough to power mercedes 911. I wondered why the Germans decided to use such engine in a saloon car.

(I guess it explained why I still use the car up till today. The balance is great. I could do a sharp bend on 120km. Something I tried with my 2005 Lancer V-boot and found myself in a gutter.)

I got home that evening and watched a video of Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior. They were hitting each other with anything at sight. It wasn't interesting, I preferred cable TV but the satellite had not been connected.

A call came to my phone. It was from Ifeanyi. He had given the bill of laden to Chukwudi.

I called Jude and told him it was time to call Chukwudi again. He had called him a day before and told him about the L300 bus coming from Berlin Germany. He had used his German T-MOBILE simcard card which worked in Nigeria but at a double charge call rate.

After ten minutes, Jude called back. According to him, Chukwudi had agreed to clear the bus. He said Chukwudi needed only N20,000 advance fee. They had agreed that the rest of the money would be paid when he returned from Germany in two weeks time.

It was all working out. Atleast Chukwudi would have enough time to give excuses on why the Visa didn't come out. But if he got the Visa, I was ready to give him more than we agreed but I doubted he would get the Visa. Genuine people didn't shout at their customers.

Maria called and said she was on her way.
What!
Maria was fast becoming my unofficial wife. If I didn't sleep in her house, she would sleep in mine. The fun of relationships such as the one I had with Maria was if we see each other at intervals, not everyday.
If she kept coming the way she was doing, it was only a matter of time before we got bored of each other. Then next thing would be finding silly excuses to quarrel and the eventual separation.
Well, I braced up for such occurrence but I needed Maria. I was going back to Europe and I needed every contact I could get outside Holland. She knew drug dealers in Napoli and some other Italian cities. I was sure she knew people in Roma, Milan and Padova as well, There was a large concentration of Nigerians in Napoli, Milan, Roma (Rome) and Padova.
I would play with her as long as she was around. I knew she would travel back soon. She had shown me her international passport which had Italian resident permit in it.

I asked her to come, as if I really had much options.

''The supreme issue involving all the others, is the encroachment of the few upon the rights and freedom of many''

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by bassette(m): 8:37am On Sep 10, 2013
temhab: After a brief illness thank God for my life. Now i am back again Mr Zubby u r too much i ve missed this thread so much
Thank God for your recovery..welcome back!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by koolpal(m): 8:38am On Sep 10, 2013
GUD UPDATE...U ar d bomb...U rock...
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cheruv: 8:47am On Sep 10, 2013
"I dd a sharp turn and found myself in the gutter"......that place funny die gringringrin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by oladimeji101(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2013
Just one word........SUPERB........
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by freezzz: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2013
I am suspecting this Maria babe; she might be an undercover undecided undecided cool
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by freezzz: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2013
Double post cool
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Tinynita(f): 9:17am On Sep 10, 2013
i wuld try in my own little way to explain wat it means 2me....crime of passion takes place wen sum1 has a vry strong feeling of luv, anger or hatred 2commit a crime....crime of logic is wen sum1 feels it is right 2commit such crime...

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by temhab(f): 9:19am On Sep 10, 2013
@Chicent and Bassette thank u so much God bless u.
@ZUBBY shocked I'm so happy thank you God bless you too smiley

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by komek(m): 9:22am On Sep 10, 2013
And u quoted the whole thing, u must be a issue to pple who know u.

Abi u dey read from Nokia 3310?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Pelumiv(m): 9:46am On Sep 10, 2013
Lovely update. Take gud kia of yaself Tem. Welcome back in Maze voice.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 10:02am On Sep 10, 2013
Hupppp i did not even knw i have reached the last page....
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by zubis05: 10:46am On Sep 10, 2013
;DI dnt comment often on this thread BUT,I try to LIKE each post! The part that got me in the last post was where Zubby was comparing himself to Escobar. a DON in the drug world!
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by FoxyRebirth(m): 11:37am On Sep 10, 2013
WHEN THE WINDS OF CHANGE BLOW

When the wind of change blows
And the earth wakes anew
Will love sing me a song
Or passions play me a harp
When my heart seemed asleep
And its beat subdued
Would I die slowly and pitifully
Or bounce back into bachelorhood
Alas I have none of these answers
Only my convictions stay with me

Play that harp one more time
Let me prophecy like Samuel
Hit the tom-tom of joy
I want to dance the Red Indian steps
Blow the flute for me
Let my energy come out wavy
Watch me stamp my foot
Arousing the dust into orgas’m
Listen to my tinkling trinkets
And the sound of my happy feet

Though the world be all gloomy
Darkness seething in every soul
Though the nights prove dangerous
Dagger ready to slit my throat
I will dance into the lonely sun
Sing praises while perching on the moon
I will fish for the hanging stars
Cast my nets to the bellowing clouds
I will do all these with glee
Only when the wind of change blows

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

Viewing this topic: abinitio666(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.