Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,942 members, 7,873,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264840 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
weaving....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Sep 01, 2013
more weaving.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
All the beams of this parapet were reinforced with 16mm rods, the curves with 12mm while the crossing runners were all 10mm rods.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
spyder880: All the beams of this parapet were reinforced with 16mm rods, the curves with 12mm while the crossing runners were all 10mm rods.

Oga Spyder.. can some of the parapet woodwork/wood be used in another parapet when dried and removed?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2013
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder.. can some of the parapet woodwork/wood be used in another parapet when dried and removed?

Hajji Mufutau

Not totally impossible but too difficult, all the ones we removed from previous works were almost all damaged by the time the were pulled out. Besides if the aim is to reuse them, it will be almost impossible as workers will find it difficult hoisting them on the next project, plus there might be differences in the house structural arrangements.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
spyder880:

Not totally impossible but too difficult, all the ones we removed from previous works were almost all damaged by the time the were pulled out. Besides if the aim is to reuse them, it will be almost impossible as workers will find it difficult hoisting them on the next project, plus there might be differences in the house structural arrangements.

Thanks. Explanation fully understood.. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hoping you guys had a great weekend, while expecting a better working week ahead, have a wonderful night rest. Good night.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gabbytabby: 7:52am On Sep 02, 2013
spyder880:

Simple answer is yes its been done but there is no guarantee that you would be able to use it as it can get broken.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by nigerianwire(m): 11:07am On Sep 02, 2013
gud but be careful d materials are real gud for your projects to b solid
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
good job.. ride on sir.. @spyder
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Natudu: 6:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
lawali: So do I. Segcy pls expantiate.

You should stay tuned for his post tomorrow or the day after. These days you have to really stretch your imagination to keep up with some kain yans!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by benimeogu(f): 10:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Ca
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 10:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
benimeogu: Can one install PVC Ceiling before electrical wiring, Please, your input is much appreciated.

I asked the same question in the past and I was told Yes. My Electrician and Carpenter also confirmed it.
Actually that is what I am doing right now.. the PVC ceiling is being installed from yesterday, and the wiring will be installed later.. but remember the PVC for wiring has already been installed, just only wiring is needed.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by benimeogu(f): 11:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thanks and remain blessed
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
Another week for us to learn!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 3:18pm On Sep 03, 2013
Lets talk about parapets later this evening, I am looking at some pictures and methods of precast, in situ, etc.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 3:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
spyder880: Lets talk about parapets later this evening, I am looking at some pictures and methods of precast, in situ, etc.

Waiting patiently on this.. I have seen some of your parapets and the constructions, it will be nice to also see the installations of pre-cast.. I have seen some of the precasts as explained by Segcy.Moor and Aventures in one of their threads.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
10 questions.......

1. is the parapet worth the hype?
2. Is pre cast better than the full cast?
3. Is the costs worth the aestethic value it can place on the building?
4. Can I add this to my private home or to a block of flats for rents?
5. What are the positives?
6. Shebi everything that has an advantage also has a disadvantage?
7. Can it prevent burglaries?
8. Can it prevent rodents and bats from hiding in my ceiling?
9. Does it limit indoor ventilation?
10. Can I do this parapet if my roof has been roofed before?

Find out more here.......https://www.nairaland.com/756427/parapet-concrete-fascia-other-roofing
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:30pm On Sep 03, 2013
First we have to update our works for today........back of the house

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
a corner from the beam of the parapet in this house.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:35pm On Sep 03, 2013
My boys killed a bush meat around the site...... cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
a bush cat.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2013
spyder880: a bush cat.....
been wanting to know the name of this animal, looks very similar to the bush dog. That's some rare meat you got there.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by nnemak(m): 10:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
I wish I had seen this anuohia earlier. I would have provided the needed palm-wine to go with it.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:20pm On Sep 03, 2013
nne_mak: I wish I had seen this anuohia earlier. I would have provided the needed palm-wine to go with it.

PH people no sabi chop bush meat, if this meat had found its way to Enugu.......... cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Sep 03, 2013
Materials for this casting already arriving, work on this parapet almost done, roofing comes next, and we could be plastering the interior of this house as early as this weekend.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:46am On Sep 04, 2013
spyder880: First we have to update our works for today........back of the house

Uncle Fhemmmmy, you see how money good. (borrowed from Prince Nico Mbarga)
In no time house don dey ready.. Baba give me enough ego for life o!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by daroseconcepts: 1:56am On Sep 04, 2013
What a thread. What a section. I have been following. In just five days i have learnt what i could not in my five years of studying engineering in the university. I never knew nairaland had a construction school in property section. My wife is already complaining of my sudden addiction to my tablet pc, which has been gulping megabytes, while trying to view pictures from spyder, brabus, muyesky...In five days i have been inspired to design my own house plan, using AutoCad(which i abandoned for 8 years after learning). I am making plans to commence my house with more confidence now. I may open a thread of progress as well. I am almost in tears for the hours i wasted in other nairaland sections, gisting about air-headed celebrities and getting into time wasting banters on Tonto Dike and co. grin

May the good Lord bless spyder, brabus, muyesky, not to forget regular co classmates...hajj mufutau, fhemmmmy and co. I dey watch una for 3D... grin

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 2:10am On Sep 04, 2013
@daroseconceptS Welcome abroad to the informative construction site.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:15am On Sep 04, 2013
daroseconcepts:
May the good Lord bless spyder, brabus, muyesky, not to forget regular co classmates...hajj mufutau, fhemmmmy and co. I dey watch una for 3D... grin

We dey here kampe! Welcome to one of the most useful and educative forum on Nairaland.. I have also wasted some months in other forums before I discovered this. It's not too late. Welcome again.. And you will learn plenty from Oga Spyder and other professionals here..

Note: Have you seen how much fights goes on in other forums? Bunch of babies with cellphones surfing the internet with all silly comments, bragging and foul language. That does not exist here in Properties Forum. We have only matured fights here. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Natudu: 3:46am On Sep 04, 2013
mufutau55:

We dey here kampe! Welcome to one of the most useful and educative forum on Nairaland.. I have also wasted some months in other forums before I discovered this. It's not too late. Welcome again.. And you will learn plenty from Oga Spyder and other professionals here..

Note: Have you seen how much fights goes on in other forums? Bunch of babies with cellphones surfing the internet with all silly comments, bragging and foul language. That does not exist here in Properties Forum. We have only matured fights here. smiley

Hajji Mufutau

I agree... 100%. Never too late to enroll.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 04, 2013
mufutau55:

Hajji Mufutau
Hajji, if at all what we have here can be called a "fight"

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.