Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,938 members, 7,873,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264837 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 9:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
spyder880:
Ah! This is one thing I dont like about Innoson, their marketing team needs a serious overhaul. How can one ignore the large market in Lagos if you are really serious about selling anything in Nigeria? Well, just buy and use the alternative, it will serve you well.

Thank you for your usual and nice economical advises. That is what I did, I bought the Paragon Ceiling PVC from Amoula Ventures. I am not sure why they will neglect Lagos market.. more reason I made this message public instead of sending you a private email like I should have done. Thanks Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
mufutau55:

Thank you for your usual and nice economical advises. That is what I did, I bought the Paragon Ceiling PVC from Amoula Ventures. I am not sure why they will neglect Lagos market.. more reason I made this message public instead of sending you a private email like I should have done. Thanks Spyder.

Hajji Mufutau

Thank you sir
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
plywood added.....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:26pm On Aug 30, 2013
more....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
making every effort to produce a neat job

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
we are working with rods next....... iron workers already on duty. Electrical piping also planned to take place tomorrow.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
spyder880: we are working with rods next....... iron workers already on duty. Electrical piping also planned to take place tomorrow.

Looks nice alright but I can't figure out what this is.

I'm a hobbyist woodworker and I am always impressed at what our people can accomplish with hand tools.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:31pm On Aug 30, 2013
spyder880: plywood added.....

Damn! This is woodwork handicraft at its best.. I can't imagine how smooth and nice this parapet will look like when it's finally finished. Beautiful work.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by princeonx: 1:45am On Aug 31, 2013
spyder880: making every effort to produce a neat job
Yes you are and it's simply coming out great! Well done.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 2:03am On Aug 31, 2013
Somorin#1:

Looks nice alright but I can't figure out what this is.

It's the wood work for roof parapet.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Degis(m): 6:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Sypder, Are you working with humans or with spirits?. These must be one of the best workmen in the South East?. All I see here is excellent craftsmanship
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2013
Degis: Sypder, Are you working with humans or with spirits?. These must be one of the best workmen in the South East?. All I see here is excellent craftsmanship

Just a bunch of guys I picked up from a village in Ebonyi state during my duplex project in Ebonyi cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 1:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
spyder880:

Just a bunch of guys I picked up from a village in Ebonyi state during my duplex project in Ebonyi cheesy

They have been great.. and I am happy to see that you have been also keeping them happy, if not they would not have been with you for this long repeating good work every time. More grease to their elbows. You are a good BOSS!

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by oldenglish: 5:59pm On Aug 31, 2013
Hello guys, am building in Ajah and the stage of the project is roofing. I have received a quotation for parapet of about 500k. I think it's too much since it serves nothing other than fancy. Please I will like to know any other alternative to parapet that is less cheap. With the 500k I can buy the woods for the roof.

I will appreciate your contribution.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
Still coming out great
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
oldenglish: Hello guys, am building in Ajah and the stage of the project is roofing. I have received a quotation for parapet of about 500k. I think it's too much since it serves nothing other than fancy. Please I will like to know any other alternative to parapet that is less cheap. With the 500k I can buy the woods for the roof.

Spyder, Kudos to your guys. Any alternative to parapet apart from using ceiling board?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by bugmenot: 12:25am On Sep 01, 2013
oldenglish: Hello guys, am building in Ajah and the stage of the project is roofing. I have received a quotation for parapet of about 500k. I think it's too much since it serves nothing other than fancy. Please I will like to know any other alternative to parapet that is less cheap. With the 500k I can buy the woods for the roof.

lawali: Spyder, Kudos to your guys. Any alternative to parapet apart from using ceiling board?

A layman's attempt at providing an answer (take it with a pinch of salt unless certified by the Boss - Spyder880).

Precast parapet is a cheaper option. The good thing about parapets, apart from being aesthetically appealing, is that they require little if any maintenance over time. So in the long run, they're probably cheaper. Broken ceiling boards also provide easy access to the house for rodents and burglars.

Oga Spyder and other pros in the house, over to you.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 12:33am On Sep 01, 2013
bugmenot:

A layman's attempt at providing an answer (take it with a pinch of salt unless certified by the Boss - Spyder880).

Precast parapet is a cheaper option. The good thing about parapets, apart from being aesthetically appealing, is that they require little if any maintenance over time. So in the long run, they're probably cheaper. Broken ceiling boards also provide easy access to the house for rodents and burglars.

Oga Spyder and other pros in the house, over to you.

Oga Bugmenot, that is the exact answer Oga Spyder880 gave sometimes ago in his previous message when we asked him about the parapets. Good answer.. rodents and burglars.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:26am On Sep 01, 2013
mufutau55:

Oga Bugmenot, that is the exact answer Oga Spyder880 gave sometimes ago in his previous message when we asked him about the parapets. Good answer.. rodents and buglars.

Hajji Mufutau

The parapet is very expensive to do, but aestethically appealing and comes with many benefits like you guys have already pointed out. All other alternatives are there, but their ability to satisfy all the benefits provided by the parapet is not there.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by segcymoor(m): 2:53pm On Sep 01, 2013

Damn d concrete Fascial otherwise called parapet. It is ridiculouly expense u will spend over a million for 4 flat as against less than half a million for nice precast. Infact I did a precast that Better than cast in situ check my post Tom for pics
le
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 3:22pm On Sep 01, 2013
segcy.moor:

Damn d concrete Fascial otherwise called parapet. It is ridiculouly expense u will spend over a million for 4 flat as against less than half a million for nice precast. Infact I did a precast that Better than cast in situ check my post Tom for pics
le
Segcy, Couldn"t see any pic? Can you resend or send a link if is on any of your project on Nairaland?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 3:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
To seasoned builders in the house, I need your candid advise on this issue. The kitchen & dining of my building under construction are 1.9m & 1.8m.The length is ok (up to 4.8m). They were bigger on design but reduced to current sizes to create required setback from the fence. The sizes are looking too small to me but my builder is saying they are ok and standard enough. I know average dining table is less than 1m in width but my concern is room space around the table while dining. Is the size good enough for commercial house or I should just start to modify the area by tearing down another wall? What is the implication of modification on structure integrity? I hope not to finish the house and nobody wants to rent due to small sizes. Your candid opinion pls.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by oldenglish: 4:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
segcy.moor:

le
Please where can I see the picture of the precast you are talking of and the cost? Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by segcymoor(m): 6:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Check my post by Tom or next
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 6:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
lawali: To seasoned builders in the house, I need your candid advise on this issue. The kitchen & dining of my building under construction are 1.9m & 1.8m.The length is ok (up to 4.8m). They were bigger on design but reduced to current sizes to create required setback from the fence. The sizes are looking too small to me but my builder is saying they are ok and standard enough. I know average dining table is less than 1m in width but my concern is room space around the table while dining. Is the size good enough for commercial house or I should just start to modify the area by tearing down another wall? What is the implication of modification on structure integrity? I hope not to finish the house and nobody wants to rent due to small sizes. Your candid opinion pls.

Bros, that space is too small. To provide traffic pathways behind dining chairs, I always recommend providing 3ft from table to wall, depending on the amount and kind of anticipated traffic in the room. However, in spaces where there is no need for a pathway (studios, bachelor's pad and other smaller apartments) I recommend 2ft from table to wall to permit a person to pull a chair out and sit.

Just think about it. Its better you fix the problem now
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
brabus:

Bros, that space is too small. To provide traffic pathways behind dining chairs, I always recommend providing 3ft from table to wall, depending on the amount and kind of anticipated traffic in the room. However, in spaces where there is no need for a pathway (studios, bachelor's pad and other smaller apartments) I recommend 2ft from table to wall to permit a person to pull a chair out and sit.

Just think about it. Its better you fix the problem now
Thanks for the feedback. I hope more expert will share their thought on this. I am ready to make amend if I have no option.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by oldenglish: 8:03pm On Sep 01, 2013
segcy.moor:
Check my post by Tom or next
pls I don't understand.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
oldenglish: pls I don't understand.
So do I. Segcy pls expantiate.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pictures......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
........then the iron man arrived......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
and quickly started bending the rods.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
more works.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.