Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,943 members, 7,873,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:58 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264841 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2013
daroseconcepts: What a thread. What a section. I have been following. In just five days i have learnt what i could not in my five years of studying engineering in the university. I never knew nairaland had a construction school in property section. My wife is already complaining of my sudden addiction to my tablet pc, which has been gulping megabytes, while trying to view pictures from spyder, brabus, muyesky...In five days i have been inspired to design my own house plan, using AutoCad(which i abandoned for 8 years after learning). I am making plans to commence my house with more confidence now. I may open a thread of progress as well. I am almost in tears for the hours i wasted in other nairaland sections, gisting about air-headed celebrities and getting into time wasting banters on Tonto Dike and co. grin

May the good Lord bless spyder, brabus, muyesky, not to forget regular co classmates...hajj mufutau, fhemmmmy and co. I dey watch una for 3D... grin

You are very welcome bro, I also enjoy the friendship and great partnership we have formed here. Please show us pictures of your project when you start. Thanks, and may the good lord bless you too.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 04, 2013
Good work Bro!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by esoorita: 11:06am On Sep 04, 2013
mufutau55:

We dey here kampe! Welcome to one of the most useful and educative forum on Nairaland.. I have also wasted some months in other forums before I discovered this. It's not too late. Welcome again.. And you will learn plenty from Oga Spyder and other professionals here..

Note: Have you seen how much fights goes on in other forums? Bunch of babies with cellphones surfing the internet with all silly comments, bragging and foul language. That does not exist here in Properties Forum. We have only matured fights here. smiley

Hajji Mufutau
Hajji Mufutau, you are spot on about the difference in Nairaland's property and the other forums. I just can't believe the tantrums and gutter languages on other forums while here on the property forum there's educative banter and camaraderie from the contributors. Whatever time spent on the property forum is a productive time. You cannot quantify money-wise the lesson you get from Spyder, Segcy.moor, Brabus, and indeed novices executing their own building projects and sharing the sources where they procured materials, services/labour and cost implications and indeed contact phone numbers, addresses and e-mails of these sources. What else can you demand from a forum? Nairaland property forum is God sent to all the people who are hoping to own a house. Thanks to all the contributors both professional and amateur builders!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 1:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
clue:
Hajji, if at all what we have here can be called a "fight"

You are right, not really a fight per say. That is why I call it a "matured" fight".. where we talk things out, instead of exchanging blows or insults.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tlops(m): 7:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
following!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
StainlessH: Good work Bro!

tlops: following!

Thank you my people.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Trip of smaller sized granite chippings I specially brought in for the casting of this parapet this morning.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2013
Everything is now ready, let the casting happen!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
mufutau55:

You are right, not really a fight per say. That is why I call it a "matured" fight".. where we talk things out, instead of exchanging blows or insults.

Hajji Mufutau
This is what I called "properties fight". Fighting to own your sound and modern properties with all required knowledge and at cheap cost. What else can one fight for today. To those one who is benefiting, one will always say I wish I was here earlier.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
lawali: This is what I called "properties fight". Fighting to own your sound and modern properties with all required knowledge and at cheap cost. What else can one fight for today. To those one who is benefiting, one will always say I wish I was here earlier.

Lawali, I agreed with you 1000%. We fight for good and lifetime investments here.. Real Estate Properties.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by twinskenny(m): 11:30am On Sep 05, 2013
weldone sir.. work going on steadily..

that bush meat don finish? abi roasted one still dey? grin grin
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
twinskenny: weldone sir.. work going on steadily..

that bush meat don finish? abi roasted one still dey? grin grin

Work really going smoothly, the bush meat no even satisfy the boys o cheesy they chop am clean mouth sharpishly grin

Rains very heavy on site today, but we are casting normally. Strong smooth casting, hoping to send pictures later.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
spyder880:

Work really going smoothly, the bush meat no even satisfy the boys o cheesy they chop am clean mouth sharpishly grin

Rains very heavy on site today, but we are casting normally. Strong smooth casting, hoping to send pictures later.

This Port Harcout rain no dey stop? Abi that place be Amazon raining jungle?

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by chinosxl(m): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Turning in my assignment,

Foundation/German floor #3.4M -------------- page 23

Ground floor walling #1.42M ---------------- page 30

Decking #2.46M ----------------------------- page 40

First floor walling --- update coming soon

Parapet --- update dey come

Roofing --- soon

This is for those of us that have missed lectures and for the new students, God bless us and our Oga spyder.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Roland17(m): 1:31am On Sep 06, 2013
When prospect, talent, dedication and hardwork is on display, no one needs a soothsayer to recognize it.. Spyder you are one hell of a talented man, I can smell your genuinity from here and that is what scares me most when dealing with people especially Nigerians (no offense) but rare people like you keep proving to the world that we are not only talented with prospects but we can also be trusted.

Your man management skill which is also very rare is also on display as your workers seem very motivated to work for you and getting the job done irrespective of the challenges, I just hope this thread inspires someone to look deep into themselves and realize they also have the potential to be better than they imagined by following their dreams.

God bless you bro.. In 2 years I would be contacting you and hopefully you would not be too busy to attend to me...
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:32am On Sep 06, 2013
chinosxl: Turning in my assignment,

Foundation/German floor #3.4M -------------- page 23

Ground floor walling #1.42M ---------------- page 30

Decking #2.46M ----------------------------- page 40

First floor walling --- update coming soon

Parapet --- update dey come

Roofing --- soon

This is for those of us that have missed lectures and for the new students, God bless us and our Oga spyder.

God bless you real good my brother, I am still looking for chance to list all the costs for the walling stage, should be something in the region of N1.9m, the frontal arcs consumed so much time and materials, but it is well worth it, very bold, strong look.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:35am On Sep 06, 2013
Roland17: When prospect, talent, dedication and hardwork is on display, no one needs a soothsayer to recognize it.. Spyder you are one hell of a talented man, I can smell your genuinity from here and that is what scares me most when dealing with people especially Nigerians (no offense) but rare people like you keep proving to the world that we are not only talented with prospects but we can also be trusted.

Your man management skill which is also very rare is also on display as your workers seem very motivated to work for you and getting the job done irrespective of the challenges, I just hope this thread inspires someone to look deep into themselves and realize they also have the potential to be better than they imagined by following their dreams.

God bless you bro.. In 2 years I would be contacting you and hopefully you would not be too busy to attend to me...

Dont make me blush brother...... cheesy God is our strength, we only hope to do more, we pray to help more people realize their housing dreams with peace of mind. I will not be too busy when you call, just remind me I said so. Thank you for your wonderful encouragement, we will never disappoint you.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:38am On Sep 06, 2013
We actually worked more than this today, only that I left the site around 3pm to see the Enugu and Owerri teams and give them some pep talks. But we are cruising steady here.........

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:45am On Sep 06, 2013
mufutau55:

This Port Harcout rain no dey stop? Abi that place be Amazon raining jungle?

Hajji Mufutau

In fact, I also braved the rains when I saw my boys casting under the rain in this PH site, I was drenched before I knew it, watch the last picture, the guy on the extreme end has an umbrella on top of the house, he sets it down to do some works and then lifts it to his head.

But the site that surprised me is the Enugu block of flats, it has been raining in every part of Enugu for 4 days running now, we have not been able to work for 4 hours in any of the 4 days, the rains destroyed our cement in Enugu, stopped my trucks from bringing in sand in Owerri and slowed us down in Ebonyi, but we are not giving up to the rain, the delay is very temporal, we regroup and attack the various tasks tomorrow. More pictures from those sites tomorrow.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:46am On Sep 06, 2013
bring it up and pour it......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:51am On Sep 06, 2013
watch the way the concrete is flowing like water, parapets are cast in very water mixtures so it can enter every nook and crannies of the beam, block holes. Another reason we mix parapet concrete watery is for it to be smooth after the plywood is removed. Did you even know there is a special size of chipping stone for the casting of parapets?

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:52am On Sep 06, 2013
casting continues

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:57am On Sep 06, 2013
I made a provision during the time we were preparing the deck and staircase, to insert a pipe and electrical box for the electrical wiring of the space under the staircase, this area is usually dark in some buildings, I think a bulb there could help throw light there, you never know what could be hiding there during dark hours,

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 1:59am On Sep 06, 2013
The electrician here is simply good, when I first met him, he seemed like he didn't understand the job but yeah, I am impressed by his recent performance.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:01am On Sep 06, 2013
more electrical piping and mounting

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:01am On Sep 06, 2013
telecomms

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by snappers: 5:16am On Sep 06, 2013
@spyder .
what is your email address?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:58am On Sep 06, 2013
snappers: @spyder .
what is your email address?

ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
ckenneths@yahoo.com
tigerkenn@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by chinosxl(m): 12:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
spyder880:

God bless you real good my brother, I am still looking for chance to list all the costs for the walling stage, should be something in the region of N1.9m, the frontal arcs consumed so much time and materials, but it is well worth it, very bold, strong look.

Keep up the good work, the mansion is almost finished. Well done.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Each time I came across a building with this parapainte, I begin to ask myself how they manage to fix,mold,hang,cast or whatever name it is called,Oga Spyder and this thread had teach me the tricks behind this wonderful artifact.

Am now watching those bendend rods to see how it will be covered.

Indeed am LEARNING!

God bless you people out there in the site.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
Reporting to class!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
chinosxl:

Keep up the good work, the mansion is almost finished. Well done.

Tank you brother,

achi4u: Each time I came across a building with this parapainte, I begin to ask myself how they manage to fix,mold,hang,cast or whatever name it is called,Oga Spyder and this thread had teach me the tricks behind this wonderful artifact.

Am now watching those bendend rods to see how it will be covered.

Indeed am LEARNING!

God bless you people out there in the site.

Lets look at the completion

Fhemmmy: Reporting to class!

Welcome sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.