Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,144 members, 7,910,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:03 PM

Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? (21492 Views)

Iyabo Obasanjo Walking With Daugther Of Fmr American President,jimmy Carter.pics / Buhari’s Win Is Tinubu’s Loss, But Lagos Cannot Be The Bonus, By Demola Rewaju / Buhari Not Qualified To Contest- Ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by SHAAWA: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote

author=Bobandgreat]Are u asking me? That is for Lagosians to decide.
Democratically bankrupt like the core north. If they like, let them make
her the Iyaloja or Iyanubu of Yoruba markets wetin concern me.[/quote]

DEMOCRATICALLY BANKRUPT LIKE THE CORE NORTH? WHAT'S UR POINT? ARE THE
OTHER REGIONS BETTER OF? FACTS PLEASE NOT SENTIMENTS.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by flexshop(m): 3:36pm On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile: Damn!!!! Even the ignorant villagers ate going crazy over our dear Iya oloja. I truly appreciate the love and concern, this is very moving, but I just don't see how this.affects.your existence or the price of akpu in your villages.

God bless Iya oloja of Ilu Eko

God bless Asiwaju Bola Tinubu

God bless the great people of the SW.

Amen...

dayokanu: OP,

Can you show us the necessary qualifications to be Iyaloja before we can say whether Tinubus daughter is qualified or not

Oga dem, una come work late today, this boys for make dem sack una for work.
Anyway abeg I wan apply for PA position.I go make sure say I notify una of dis kind topic before dem write am sef.na beg I dey beg o
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by frankyychiji(f): 3:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
gonzaga: Those who seek to make the world believe that they are the only ones that possess democratic credentials should remember to always live by example.

Only recently, the iyaloja of Lagos, who is also the mother of the ACN leader; Bola Tinubu died and his daughter was immediately installed as the next iyaloja.

From my little understanding, I know that an iyaloja is most times a career trader who in most cases is illiterate, but commands respect and authority within the circles of traders and market women generally. The question that arises here is; does this Tinubu's daughter fit into this description? Is the succession of an iyaloja a family heritage?

If indeed she is a trader, which market and in what commodity does she trade? Does the iyaloja normally have a deputy? If yes, who was the deputy to the late iyaloja and why was she disqualified from taking over?

Was Tinubu's daughter a member of the last executive to warrant her elevation despite her age, to that position? These questions and more need to be answered so that when people irresponsibly brandish the title of democrats, we can with evidence, proof the contrary.

I can only imagine the venom Mr LIAR MOHAMMED would have been spitting out if a PDP leader was the one guilty of this. We are watching these clowns that call themselves a credible alternative.

I never knew Lagosians with their self acclaimed smartness and exposure, could be so docile and intimidated in the face of blatant abuse of power.

100 likes

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by EkoIle1: 3:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
flexshop:

Oga dem, una come work late today, this boys for make dem sack una for work.
Anyway abeg I wan apply for PA position.I go make sure say I notify una of dis kind topic before dem write am sef.na beg I dey beg o

With this kind of weak comedy routine you call post, you can not succeed even obioma the Taylor talk less any other line of work...
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Olaone1: 3:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
Qualified ke. Only ACN e-brigade think so ooo lipsrsealed
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Olaone1: 3:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
Not surprised, Eko Ile ia a born baddoo
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 30, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: zed!
Last Bullet: Cos there's no need for it in that post.
"ouch!!!" well it would be nyce if you always put da last bullet. It could be ya trade mark!!
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by frankyychiji(f): 4:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
webdezzi: i was shocked when i heard the news. Tinubu is beginning to act like he owns lagos.
i wont be surprise if one day we need to re-purchase lands from him.
100 likes
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by flexshop(m): 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile:

With this kind of weak comedy routine you call post, you can not succeed even obioma the Taylor talk less any other line of work...

Oga,na PA work I dey find no be tailor work. Abeg connect ur boy na. PDP side don full,you no wan give ur boy work or wetin?
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by frankyychiji(f): 4:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
freebreezeyz: @ OP: Your post and the points / questions you raised are very true and disturbing and sincerely need an answer. It is really sad. It is an issue that beats the imagination of Lagosians. But like some1 asked / commented above, We need to find out HOW d 1st iyaloja was installed and the process it followed.

meanwhile, still on the iyaloja issue, I was on the island that period she was to be laid to rest (late iyaloja)and i saw ALL shops under lock and key!!! shocked.. and i was like "is dis d best way to show solidarity to a late leader? by starving several families that cannot feed in a day if they don't open shop / sell for one day!!! Talk about the HUGE revenue dat wld be lost in those 2 days their shops were under lock and key!!! What personal benefits have the women gained or did they gain whilst the late iyaloja was on the throne? . Couldn't they have just said they shld adorn ALL BLACK or elements of black to felicitate with the family? undecided.

Hmm!!! Eko oni baje oooh! but if you look deeply @ the pix below, ONE MAN DERE IS THE 'ONI IBAJE 1 OF EKO!'(spoiler) angry
100 likes
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by sleekdot(m): 4:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
Whats the requirement to be Iyaloja

Can the Op post it?
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by bumtos(m): 4:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Its only GOD that can save lagosians from jagaban and his gangs.
We yoruba didnt like to be telling truth to each other. But weither we like it or not Tinubu and his gangs will leave this world one day and lagosians will be free from pharaoh of our time.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by EkoIle1: 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
gonzaga: Those who seek to make the world believe that they are the only ones that possess democratic credentials should remember to always live by example.

Only recently, the iyaloja of Lagos, who is also the mother of the ACN leader; Bola Tinubu died and his daughter was immediately installed as the next iyaloja.

From my little understanding, I know that an iyaloja is most times a career trader who in most cases is illiterate, but commands respect and authority within the circles of traders and market women generally. The question that arises here is; does this Tinubu's daughter fit into this description? Is the succession of an iyaloja a family heritage?

If indeed she is a trader, which market and in what commodity does she trade? Does the iyaloja normally have a deputy? If yes, who was the deputy to the late iyaloja and why was she disqualified from taking over?

Was Tinubu's daughter a member of the last executive to warrant her elevation despite her age, to that position? These questions and more need to be answered so that when people irresponsibly brandish the title of democrats, we can with evidence, proof the contrary.

I can only imagine the venom Mr LIAR MOHAMMED would have been spitting out if a PDP leader was the one guilty of this. We are watching these clowns that call themselves a credible alternative.

I never knew Lagosians with their self acclaimed smartness and exposure, could be so docile and intimidated in the face of blatant abuse of power.

1. Your posts reeks ignorance and flawed sentiments.

2. No other candidate was pushed over in her favor, was the deputy and next in line for the position.

3.Lagosians are smart enough to figure out that this is a private association with with every rights and privilege to determine their own destiny and who leads them.

4. Lagos market association belongs to the market folks so why should the decisions they are happy with ne any of your concern and source of chronic headache? Are you a market woman or did they passed you over for any other candidate?

You are.really not smart and its more than obvious that Lagosians are not only smarter than you, they know they have better things to do with their time and losing sleep over what market people activities is the least of their worries..

You people really need to get a life for real....
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by walexbiz(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=JudismphD]Its a sheer show of ignorance and overt vulgarity on the psychological integrity of Lagosians as Tinubu dynasty held all to hostage. A progressive indeed at the expense of the collective well and aspirations of the people. Even the the so-called Oba of Lagos have become a puppet struggling to survive for relevance. With all sense of responsibility, when such sensitive issues like this needs to be subjected to moral and constitutional analyses, it will do us good to raise issue without venomously desecrating the image of the person in question. Going to the issue on ground the post of iya oloja of lagos is never Democratic just like the chieftancy title in all african society has never been, it is at the whims of most traditional ruler of lagos, but light needs to be shed on is, was she qualified to hold such position and what is the requirement for holding such position, and was there no othe person who is more qualified than her. Only when these questions are answered can we be able to castigate the Oba of lagos for fostering such important position on the bola tinubu daughter. Also whoever that feels agrieved can take the case to court
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by KwoiZabo(m): 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
mu2sa2: Whether we like it or not Lagos is a Yoruba town. And Iyaloja is a yoruba thing. So let yoruba of Lagos do what they feel like with their Iyaloja. The Iyaloja has no influence outside lagos. As for Tinubu's overbearing influence in Lagos, this is by no means unique in nigeria. Uba brothers(Anambra), Sarakis (Kwara), Sambo(Kaduna) are doing, or once did, the same thing in their states.
Thunder fire your mouth.How Uba brothers take control Anambra. Olodo, Akwuya, Ewu
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by frankyychiji(f): 4:39pm On Jun 30, 2013
Eko Ile: Damn!!!! Even the ignorant villagers ate going crazy over our dear Iya oloja. I truly appreciate the love and concern, this is very moving, but I just don't see how this.affects.your existence or the price of akpu in your villages.

Amen...

Eiyaa! Poor thing! Guy this thread obviuosly took you by surprise cos u sound like a broken record. You must be wondering why your paymasters would choose a period like this when all hands are on deck to launder his image , to show the true image of himself (personal interest). Well poor u. Tinubu like d leopard cannot change his spots. See what they ve done to u. You suddenly lost ur voice.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by j4jj: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
It doesn't matter who holds the position! All we need is a competent leader that can run things effectively and efficiently! Meanwhile, does it mean that she would hold this position till death do her apart like her late grand mother? undecided
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by abu12: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
fkaz: @op stop this hate or go to court
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by jogsman01(m): 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
ka! ka!! ka!!!
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by KABIYESISULTAN: 5:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
Even our own yuzedo with all his shops at alaba was not considered as baba oloja.

1 Like

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by frankyychiji(f): 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
Guys wake up and smell the cofee! This iyaloja thing is a political weapon in the hands of Tinubu. Did the man not nominate his wife to the senate? The move didn't go down well with some people and they left A CN. The incumbent which she replaced in the senate grumbled underground while the rest of the people cheered with a heavy heart. As we speak, Remi remains in the senate ostensibly powdering her nose and swinging her beautiful slim body and getting jumbo salary for it.

My advice to the herb smoking Pharoah is that; one day, just one day, even the babalawo administering the oath which renders others in A CN comatose will realize that they have been enslaved for too long and would want freedom. We all know what will be the result of such revolt against a dictator. Ask Gaddafi and co.

4 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
Call me a tribal bigot but that's not on my mind right now. The truth is that this can't happen in Igbo land especially Anambra whr one man holds the whole state hostage! If u try it,it won't be long b4 u r reduced to rubbish*ask Chris Uba* d last time I saw him in a weddin here in abj ,he was eatin rice like a goat! Lol IGBO ENWE EZE! (Igbos Have no king)and that has been our system of leadership right from d colonial era and that is why our traditional rulers are more or less irrelevant,they are more ceremonial to help preserve some culture and not tell the pple what to do! not to talk of one political thief saying what shud be done and not to be done in a whole state! Typical yoruba cowards,go behind and rant and curse but come in front to prostrate and shout Kabiyesi o! Mtchewwwww so much for respect evn when d old thief is an amu robber, a murderer,a rapist(like one oba dat raped a corper)! Rubbish

All hail Tinubu,the owner of Lagos! Kabiyesi ooooooo!

4 Likes

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
And only one family is capable COWARDS
j4jj: It doesn't matter who holds the position! All we need is a competent leader that can run things effectively and efficiently! Meanwhile, does it mean that she would hold this position till death do her apart like her late grand mother? undecided
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
[
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 30, 2013
5000 likes
webdezzi: i was shocked when i heard the news. Tinubu is beginning to act like he owns lagos.
i wont be surprise if one day we need to re-purchase lands from him.
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Eyaaaa coward u all sold ur birth right for a plate of Amala! Easu was better,sold his for meat *smh* democracy indeed,4rm Iya oloja to Rep oloja to Senate oloja. We are watching

Amen...

Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by surplussurplus: 6:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
all animals are equal but some are more equal than others...thats niger for you
Re: Is Tinubu's Daugther Qualified To Be The Iyaloja Of Lagos? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2013
olire: "ouch!!!" well it would be nyce if you always put da last bullet. It could be ya trade mark!!
it's already my trademark. But I use it when needed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NBC/AIT: Court Asks Parties To Maintain Status Quo / Photos From The Swearing-in Of 43 Ministers By President Buhari / INEC To Deploy Additional 200 Machines To South-East For Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.