Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,884 members, 7,976,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 02:56 AM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47859 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Reptyle(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Anvaller: so this guy is freed at last and I am surprised that some are even happy for him.

Now that is the problem with Nigeria, we have no consistent sense of reasoning. When the case was fresh, hardly would u find any reasonable Nigerian that would wish that the murderer be set free. Was he not the chief security officer? How can he claim that he was taking order from the president when he himself was the Chief Security Officer? His mandate was to make decisions and execute them to ensure the security of Abacha. That is absolutely pointless, I would only expect him to prove how the victim was a threat to the president at that time and further explain the justification behind illegally murdering her without any arrest and proper legal procedures.

If this guy is set free and we think it's an "OK" judgment, then there is no basis to further complain or criticize the unjust attributes of justice in Nigeria.

He was Abacha's CSO and not Nigeria's CSO. That means he was responsible for Abacha's personal security. What ever power he wielded was the one he drew from his principal.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by pobosky20(m): 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2013
Im not suprised at all!! This is naija remember? 'Anything goes'.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by lambvard: 3:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thank God for his freedom! But he need to repent!!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by HezronLorraine(m): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
Birichie: Those of u sayin 'he was only following orders'....can he follow orders to kill his own relatives?..Pls,remember that d person he killed,is a mother to some children then
I was already sympathizing with the bandwagons of 'he was only following orders' till I saw this.
This is a very interesting point of arguement that the prosecuting counsel could have made use of in court.
There's a good legal fronting in his case,he's favoured by the appellate court.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Drunk: 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
Must Goodluck Jonathan play politics with everything in his desperation to win a re-election? This is just a cheap stunt to gain the supports of the North in re-electing him in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Lilimax(f): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
Diasporan: Damn Nigeria is a big joke.Can't wait to get my parent off that Cesspit of a country
But your parent will still come back to meet Nigeria shocked
Remember that leaving the country does not make them non Nigerian.
All shall be well in Nigeria soonest smiley.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by snowbird: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigeria and justice, if a common man was Involved in this case, we won't even hear abt him anymore. I wastold by a friend who once worked in ikeja high court weneva he comes for court proceedings, hw he smiles(for their mind dem think dem fit do me anything). But God is d judge of all
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by 9jauk: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Nigerians won't stop amazing me...God is watching u all, absolute diagrace to the preceding Judge, he should ve been sentenced to Life imprisonment.

Calus and determined gang.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by stopit: 3:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
THIS COUNTRY JUDISIARY IS THE WORST IN THE WORLD.NO WONDER IBORI WAS NEVER CONVICTED IN NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by moscobabs(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
if ur appeal favour you on earth it can't favour u on judgement day....bt wait ooo,hope this guy will not kill the 1st judge that sentence him to death
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by HirstMOG(m): 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Naija my country my country.i hail una.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by 9jauk: 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lilimax: But your parent will still come back to meet Nigeria shocked
Remember that leaving the country does not make them non Nigerian.
All shall be well in Nigeria soonest smiley.

You are a drunkard, u guys should better pray for d country to split into multiple, lol

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by pbling: 3:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
hmmm,so dey freed hm,wat a blow 2 9ja,4 hw lng ll 9ja b scared of d north
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by iykak47: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
Tinubu and Buhari need to explain something because the case was handled by Lagos state government not federal government. Tinubu and Buhari have released Al mustapha oooh, no wonder Acn supporters are avoiding this thread but when it comes to GEJ, PDP, SE/SS they open their big mouths.
Anyway some people don't want to displease their masters from the north. Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
9jauk:

You are a drunkard, u guys should better pray for d country to split into multiple, lol
capital MUMU

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Rhea(f): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
[size=18pt]By 2015 this man will be a senator, federal legislator or a state governor. This is Naija. Anything can happen.[/size]
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Reference(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good development. Didn't know if this was a test or trial of our Judiciary and shows just how far behind the curve those responsible for bringing felons to book.

14 years of sheer waste and incompetence. Pity.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Sitex(m): 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

I believe following orders to commit murder doesn't in anyway absolve ones culpability of been guilty as well . . .
it does...
Its a defence under the ngrn criminal code...the defence of superior order.
Although it must be seen that that the order flowed from a validly and legally constituted authority.
Abacha was a president of this country so i bet that would suffice.
See udosen v the state
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Godmann(m): 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
I want Almustapha to quickly expose the Fraud call Abdusalam. I am too happy the man is coming out alive. I hope the Prosecutor will not apeal the jugement to Supreme court.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by fargshed: 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
God dey!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Lilimax(f): 3:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
9jauk:

Your comment shows how ill mannered you are angry.
Grow up... wink

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Rhea(f): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
The order to kill did not come directly from Abacha to Al-Mustapha. There are intermediaries that relayed the order. They are also complicit in the murder. But then this is naija. Anything can happen.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Reference(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Rhea: [size=18pt]By 2015 this man will be a senator, federal legislator or a state governor. This is Naija. Anything can happen.[/size]

If he's been acquited why not. His people will decide if he's worthy to represent them.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by supaeagles(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine: I agree to an extent, but who are the culprits . . . .
...... unknown soldier. .... undecided
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Suljosh: 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Rubish.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by supaeagles(m): 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2013
Rhea: The order to kill did not come directly from Abacha to Al-Mustapha. There are intermediaries that relayed the order. They are also complicit in the murder. But then this is naija. Anything can happen.
and how are you so sure of that fact? By all accounts, he received direct orders from Gen S Abacha.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by euromoney(f): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Kudirat is dead, Mustapha is free. The question then arises who orchestrated Kudirat Abiola's death? Another unsolved murder case to add to the already bulging murder mysteries in Nigeria's history..Smdh

3 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Melancholy(m): 3:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
beylinko: Good for him, enough troubles have circled round his head already. I wont be surprised seeing him at the polls contesting for the governorship position of his state come 2015.
Yes ofcourse nothing is wrong with his political right nau!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by howfarwhatagwan: 3:29pm On Jul 12, 2013
From the comments I'm confused are Nigerians celebrating that he has been discharged and acquitted or what?

If he carried out orders to murder someone then he is an accomplice to murder and should not be acquitted. If one is arguing that his sentence to death for being an accomplice is too much of a verdict it is a different matter oh but that someone was an accomplice to murder and people are saying he only followed orders so should be acquitted must be a joke oh. If that is how the law works then we can all get away with anything.

Oh my beloved country I am lost oh I don't understand our ways anymore let alone our thoughts.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
edited
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:

I love this part ... This guy deserve to be freed!
of course you will agree with the part.buffoonic ignoramus.al mustapha should hang for his crimes and this is a travesty of justice.the same joseph daudu who represented hamza at his appeal was the one who represented mohammed abacha during the first trial and guess what,daudu was able to argue that mohammed abacha was innocent because it was hamza that handed the weapons to rogers and co.hamza's lawyers at the time argued that mohammed was also culpable because it was he who gave the men 10k dollars each to leave the country after the deed.and some ignorant buffoons are talking trash.this is simply legal abracadabra.

Besides,what is amina augie still doin on the bench?this was the judge that gave a ridiculous ruling that corruption cases can only be tried in states where the alleged corruption took place and ordered ibori's case to be transferred to delta despite the absence of a high court at the time.

This is a travesty of justice

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomhole On A Voting Queue (Throwback Photo) / How Fubara Fell Out With Wike / Edo APC Primaries: Obaseki's Screening In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.