Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,656 members, 7,951,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:29 PM

Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court (47791 Views)

CJN Unhappy Over Conflicting Decisions By Appeal Court Divisions / David Mark's Election Nullified By Appeal Court, Fresh Election Ordered / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by jt2010: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The court upturned the judgement of a Lagos High Court.
The Court of Appeal in Lagos has discharged and acquittedHamza Al-Mustapha from the murder of Kudirat Abiola.

The judgment overturns that of the Lagos High Court which sentenced him to death by hanging.

The presiding judge accused the lower court of being“stroked to secure a conviction by all means.”

Mr. Al-Mustapha was a former chief security officer to the late dictator, Sani Abacha.

He was sentenced to death on January 30 for conspiracy and murder of Mrs. Abiola.

Mrs. Abiola, 45, was shot in Lagos on June 4, 1996, as the lower court ruled, on the orders of Mr. Al-Mustapha.

Details later…

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/140798-breaking-court-of-appeal-sets-al-mustapha-free.html

Another attempt by the Presidency to throw confusions between the SW and the North people.... Good strategic but let see how this play out
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by moscobabs(m): 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
Jarus: I saw him at Union Diagnostics (a lab in VI) 2 years ago.

I had gone there to run my routine annual medicals when I entered the compound and saw army officers around. I was wondering what was going on. I got inside and saw Al-Mustapha and his wife. He had come from prison for medical test obviously. Sat beside me.
and so wat? did u read the topic at all? He did not lost .........what we are saying is that Al.mustapha has been freed.ok? cos i dnt knw why u are giving us this super story

4 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by IseOluwa777(m): 3:37pm On Jul 12, 2013
He (like all of us) should make sure that heavens courts will also discharge him or else it is a phyrric victory.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2013
iykak47: Tinubu and Buhari need to explain something because the case was handled by Lagos state government not federal government. Tinubu and Buhari have released Al mustapha oooh, no wonder Acn supporters are avoiding this thread but when it comes to GEJ, PDP, SE/SS they open their big mouths.
Anyway some people don't want to displease their masters from the north. Yeye
this is just senseless

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Pholushor94(m): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2013
©
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by moscobabs(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
was Lateef Shofolahan freed too??
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: I was already sympathizing with the bandwagons of 'he was only following orders' till I saw this.
This is a very interesting point of arguement that the prosecuting counsel could have made use of in court.
There's a good legal fronting in his case,he's favoured by the appellate court.
there was never an argument of "he was following orders".hamza denied any complicity in the deaths of kudirat and rewana and the attempted murder of ibru.he claimed he never ordered them be killed neither did any such order ever exist.that's the crux of the case and not whether he received orders or not

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Wsdm: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Briz:

Do you mean Nawa won Nigeria 4 goals to nil. It can't be, i trust my Keshi.
Honestly we need people like you here.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by chatterly: 3:42pm On Jul 12, 2013
Congrats to the guy,he can now go home and rest,15 years in detention is no joke and for those waiting for some sleazy stuff from the guy you go wait tire!!!!.
naija of 2013 snd naija of 1998 are centuries apart,as at that time there was no gsm,facebook,youtube and all the stuff we are used to now, i dont know much about the military but i can guess that his course mates are Major generals or even retired by now,so what noise is he going to make.he had better sit down and enjoy his loot if any remains and stay out of trouble.15 years in detention is no joke.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by 3kay945(m): 3:43pm On Jul 12, 2013
Am still thinking who Al-Mustapha was, is and will be

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by whitehawk(m): 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
This website seems to be populated by young people.

The opinions of adults who lived in Nigeria under the military is very different from those of idealistic young men who think "revolutions" are romantic.

Just for the records, almost every revolutionaire became a worsr dictator that the person he dethroned. (Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Fidel Castro etc).

Without a doubt economic progress comes from long sustained periods of relative peace. Hence the rapid growth of the world in the last 100 years versus the periods of the wars of the 12th to 16th centuries.

Anyway please find here a few articles about the killing of Kudirat Abiola.

That she was KILLED by agents of the Federal Nigerian Government should not be in doubt.

Then form your opinions.
A former Court of Appeal judge resigns from the case over alledged interference here http://news.naij.com/38711.html

A witness at the killing here: http://ofilis1234./2007/11/28/how-we-killed-kudirat-abiola-witness/

Al-Mustapha here: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/abdulsalami-wanted-obj-killed-al-mustapha/

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2013
Well, this judgement may not be the final, as the prosecution may file an appeal (not sure if the Prosecution can appeal a ruling in Naija). However, it will be a huge relief to him and his family after being incarcerated for 14 years.
For those insinuating that Buhari and Tinubu 'released' him; that can't be possible. Remember that Al Mustapha was sentenced to death by a Lagos State High Court, not a Federal High Court. Besides, he has been acquired by a Federal Appeals court.
As he is still an Army officer, he may decide to re-integrate himself back into the military or summarily retire from service.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by mrking3(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2013
kehinde1588: yes! AM an english teacher. Are u a LEARNA or a business man?wats ur problem?if na job i get 1 4u.if i neva corrected him,he will make d silly error again and d mockery might b worst than dis...we live to learn no one is perfect.... And for you,u no correct him u con dey blame me 4 making correction nawa ooo.pple like u remain enemy of progress forever
mr English Teacher! Correct yourself first! Before correcting someone else! At this Age you can't differentiate between Am and I am or I'm. .... Again it's LEARNER not learna!

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by AlabaSlim: 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
I'm so HAPPY 4 HIM
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Reference(m): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
howfarwhatagwan: From the comments I'm confused are Nigerians celebrating that he has been discharged and acquitted or what?

If he carried out orders to murder someone then he is an accomplice to murder and should not be acquitted. If one is arguing that his sentence to death for being an accomplice is too much of a verdict it is a different matter oh but that someone was an accomplice to murder and people are saying he only followed orders so should be acquitted must be a joke oh. If that is how the law works then we can all get away with anything.

Oh my beloved country I am lost oh I don't understand our ways anymore let alone our thoughts.

Just put it this way. If MKO died to create the democracy we practice, that is the election of the Executive and our representatives then will it be far fetched to say Kudirat died to establish the third, unelected arm of government, the Judiciary.

Will it not have been fantastic if this landmark case had been the tonic to reinvigorate a near comatose criminal justice system.

But we know things don't work like that in Nigeria. What we prefer is shock treatment to get things going. So if this ruling hurts perhaps its time for all concerned to focus for the much needed judicial/law enforcement reforms that will be worth her sacrifice.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Delafruita(m): 3:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
Reptyle: Fair judgement for a man who was about to be made a scapegoat for the atrocities of an atrocious era, while his paymasters continue to flourish in the corridors of power.

Shame on IBB, Abdulsalam, Jerry Useni and the rest of them who were all senior players in that era but chose to sacrifice a mere foot soldier like Al-Mustapha to assuage the thirst of Nigerians for justice.

May the souls of Kudirat and all the other martyrs of democracy rest in perfect peace.
its unfortunate that majority of the youths today don't know what transpired in that era.that's the only reason a person would say hamza was a "mere foot soldier".a man whose name evoked fear in generals.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ismhab(m): 3:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
This man is the Nelsom Mandela of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
CFCfan: Well, this judgement may not be the final, as the prosecution may file an appeal (not sure if the Prosecution can appeal a ruling in Naija). However, it will be a huge relief to him and his family after being incarcerated for 14 years.
For those insinuating that Buhari and Tinubu 'released' him; that can't be possible. Remember that Al Mustapha was sentenced to death by a Lagos State High Court, not a Federal High Court. Besides, he has been acquired by a Federal Appeals court.
As he is still an Army officer, he may decide to re-integrate himself back into the military or summarily retire from service.

Can you please give me a concise unauthorised biography of the guy, his crime(s), and why loads of people are interested in this topic? The thread looks like a packed ghetto cinema after boyz n the hood came out. grin
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Wsdm: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
I hope this GEJ'S absent is not something else? You better start coming home before they will remove your shoe again o.
Maximum protection for Almustapher please, some aggrieved general may do something funny.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 12, 2013
Gej go suffer 4 this, this one is d greatest mistake he has ever made
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Mzbanks(m): 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Wow am happy for Almustafa
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
No problem, gej will regret this
Ogbonaikenna: Lets see what the SW will say
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by minostik(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2013
Good news! Also just to remind fellow nairalanders that Al-mustapha is still a major in the nigerian army.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
If u like rejoice 4 him,i blame drunkard gej who knows notin abt nigeria, people like him r nt worthy to rule nigeria
Mzbank_s: Wow am happy for Almustafa
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
ShyM-X:

Can you please give me a concise unauthorised biography of the guy, his crime(s), and why loads of people are interested in this topic? The thread looks like a packed ghetto cinema after boyz n the hood came out. grin
grin grin

He was the Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha from 1993 to 1998. He was also part of a 'strike force' which was authorized by Abacha to take care of his perceived enemies. The killings of Pa Alfred Rewane, Kudirat Abiola et al were all the handiwork of this strike force, in which Al Mustapha was also a member/leader.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Eneze1(f): 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2013
wow, this guy was released at last, I knew this is going to happen, Naija I hail thee
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by almustapha007: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2013
Thank you all for standing by me through these dark days.

Kano things on my mind.

Alhamdulillah.

1 Like

Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ablyguy(m): 4:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
jmaine:

I agree to an extent, but who are the culprits . . . .

Probably those who don't want him to spill what he knows...
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin
He was the Chief Security Officer (CSO) to the late Head of State, General Sani Abacha from 1993 to 1998. He was also part of a 'strike force' which was authorized by Abacha to take care of his perceived enemies. The killings of Pa Alfred Rewane, Kudirat Abiola et al were all the handiwork of this strike force, in which Al Mustapha was also a member/leader.

Word?

So he's naija's version of Libya's Abdullah al-Senussi.

Thanks, bruddah. No comment.
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by miqos02(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
kehinde1588: bros,hw did u manage to pass ur external xams? I wonder.."has gone" nt "has went"

bros u sharp oh
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by ablyguy(m): 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
Al Mustapha for president!!!
Re: Al-Mustapha Discharged And Acquitted By Appeal Court by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
al-mustapha007:
Thank you all for standing by me through these dark days.

Kano things on my mind.

Lmao!! Nairalanders have a good sense of humour grin grin

Will run for an elective post in 2015? cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abba Kyari Escapes Murder In Prison, Considered For SSS Custody / 625 Killed As Boko Haram Gunmen Slit Some Residents’ Throats / Several ‘flaws’ Identified In Atiku’s Presidential Election ‘server Result’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.