Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,221 members, 7,887,599 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 11:07 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (579321 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by waleh89: 8:34am On Aug 31, 2013
pls hide help me deactivate this number 08101616077 from hiphop world magazine. l'm tired of unnecessary deduction of my money by Mtn
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
JideSM:
Apologies. Please PM your phone number for checks and resolution.

Don't think I know how to send PM. I have tried all to no avail. Kindly send me ur mail. Regards.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by blackbeau1(f): 2:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Please oh,people I need a solution to this. My BIS subscription is supposed to expire on the 19th of september but all of a sudden today,I couldn't ping nor browse. When I loaded my phone,I discovered I started pinging again with my credit again.pls you guys should rectify this.Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by myhobbies(m): 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
black_beau: Please oh,people I need a solution to this. My BIS subscription is supposed to expire on the 19th of september but all of a sudden today,I couldn't ping nor browse. When I loaded my phone,I discovered I started pinging again with my credit again.pls you guys should rectify this.Thanks

Maybe you have reached your fair Data usage..... BB plans aren't unlimited again ooooo
Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Okay. Whilst I'll still explore the tethering option to be sure. How do I go about using BB as a modem using a mobile internet plan: and can I separately use my BB plan for the BB and the mobile internet for browsing with my laptop using BB as a modem ?

How to use your BB as a modem
1. as a Mobile Hotspot: This is exclusive to BlackBerry devices running OS 7.1, as that is the only version of the OS that has the mobile hotspot functionality built in. It basically turns your device into a wifi hotspot that can support up to five device connections.
Setting it up is as easy as seen below:
Go to “Manage Connections” on your device (a shortcut is to tap on the bar that displays time on your device).

[img]http:///scaled/large/545/44mn.jpg[/img]

Check the Mobile Hotspot box (It will automatically turn on the wifi option).

If this is your first time and the network hasn’t sent you the mobile hotspot service book entry, it will prompt you to enter network settings (APN, Username and password).

[img]http:///scaled/large/12/10sa.jpg[/img]

Wait for the prompt, and that’s it! Your Hotspot is running!

[img]http:///scaled/large/594/0q43.jpg[/img]

You can check the hotpot options to change the name of the hotspot, password and other connection options.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
2. As a modem via the USB cable and Desktop Manager

Connect your phone to the computer via your USB cable, start the desktop manager and wait for it to connect to the device

On the desktop manager, click on Tools, then Mobile Internet Settings.

[img]http:///scaled/large/10/evrh.png[/img]

Select “Add new” and enter the relevant parameters (Profile Name,APN, Username and password) and save

[img]http:///scaled/large/27/5nto.png[/img]

Click “Mobile Internet” (Bottom left on the desktop manager interface), Ok the prompt and wait till it connects. That’s it!

[img]http:///scaled/large/541/a677.png[/img]

[img]http:///scaled/large/69/08ap.png[/img]

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:41pm On Aug 31, 2013
Profile Name: MTN NG
APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
Password: web
Username: web

can I separately use my BB plan for the BB and the mobile internet for browsing with my laptop using BB as a modem ?

Yes, you can. Please ensure you have data services turned on (text DATA ON to 131) to use this feature
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:56pm On Aug 31, 2013
Jehovah Shalom:

Don't think I know how to send PM. I have tried all to no avail. Kindly send me ur mail. Regards.

I'm now following you, please send a private message
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by blackbeau1(f): 4:05am On Sep 01, 2013
I know that but I doubt I have because I haven't really downloaded anything. So,pls could you check for me to be sure.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:24am On Sep 01, 2013
black_beau: I know that but I doubt I have because I haven't really downloaded anything. So,pls could you check for me to be sure.

I'm now following you, please PM your phone number
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:15am On Sep 01, 2013
okey777: Please i bought mtn 4 in 1 and got 2 of the nos but the no of the other 2 sims refused to show up when i inserted them in phone

Kindly PM your contact phone number
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Edunwa302(m): 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2013
@mtn customer care, be a gentle man if u dont have any help to offer base on mtn bonus credit people have been asking how to make use of including me,kindly say u dont have help for that and stop avoiding the request it seems all u no is about mtn blackberry BIS.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
JideSM:

I'm now following you, please send a private message

Many thanks Jidesm. Deactivation acknowleged.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls sir, how do i deactivate (mtn play) messages abt fruits. Pls sir help me out.God will bless u abundantly
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by oloyedayo(m): 6:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
tayoccu:
We're currently working on reviewing our data rates, we will soon rool out more pocket friendly data plans.
the way u people are treating nigerians is very bad. When will ur pocket friendly data plan be out because we are tired of paying tru nose to get data plan.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Ogetogeo(m): 8:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
Why the frequent disconnection on MTN BIS? Especially while downloading?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls help me o. My mtn number
08104407684 was block from using mtn share and sell
this morning. Help me to open it pls
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by RapidBTS: 12:07am On Sep 02, 2013
::
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by majalisa(m): 12:22am On Sep 02, 2013
black_beau: Please oh,people I need a solution to this. My BIS subscription is supposed to expire on the 19th of september but all of a sudden today,I couldn't ping nor browse. When I loaded my phone,I discovered I started pinging again with my credit again.pls you guys should rectify this.Thanks
excessive pinging i guez...send status 2 21600 to c if U have not exceeded. ur data cap despite having an active subscribtion..if U have attained it then just resubscribe..u nid not call dem 2 deactivate it
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JJKADRY(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2013
angry you guys are really loosing customers. How much is N50 that you're disgracing yourself. When we don't subscribe, why forcing it on us? If @ all we need to read news, we know which site we're to go noow! To cut it short, I want you to unsubscribe me from weekly mtn CNN news. I never subscribed for it & I don't even need it....pls for God sake...I want to be out of mtn CNN news weekly subscription... 10Q
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by waleh89: 8:41am On Sep 02, 2013
waleh89: pls hide help me deactivate this number 08101616077 from hiphop world magazine. l'm tired of unnecessary deduction of my money by Mtn

please help. me now, I'm waiting for your help
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 02, 2013
MTN is giving me major headache. Each time i want to make a call i get a voice message that my account is too low for the call...even so i have up to N200 and more. When i send a message, sometimes it doesn't go through save i reboot my phone or sometimes it goes through but the message will be sent repeatedly until my account is low enough not to make a call, please why is this happening? Also, the RESET command to 131 doesn't work. How do we reset data?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Godwin978(m): 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2013
pls pls pls help jide i nid ur help i dnt knw what is actualy wrong i dnt have network coverage on my phone..i want to knw wether is network dat cused it or my phone
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Emekayoung(m): 4:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr Jide pls can u be of help to me? Each time i subscribe for 50MB mtn daily internet bundle for 200naira which lasts for 24hrs,wen it get to the validity period,it will re-subscribe again,pls i dont wnt automatic subscription renewal,its there any way i can stop that?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Kezzy24(f): 4:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
@JideSM,please I subscribed for the 10MB daily plan but can't browse.I've switched my phone off and on a number of times,requested for a new settings but to no avail.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by rezzy: 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
@JideSM, I just loaded 100# but i cant find d money when i checked my account balance. But when i checked with *559*4#, i saw the money there. I intend transfering the money cos i loaded becos of MB. Pls help me, d money is not for me. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Jidemaks(m): 5:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
Mr.Jide,

I have an airtime of above N600.00 on my line (08163961614) but I have not been able to make call with the line for some 2-3 days now. This is the voice message I keep receiving each time I attempt to make a call " Sorry, your credit is not enough to make make call to this destination". I dont know what is wrong and I m just tired of the whole thing as I could not get through to any of your customer care agents. Please assist in resolving the problem. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by AwesomeRomeo: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pls how can i migrate to mtn FAF?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
perfectsam: Pls help me o. My mtn number
0810******* was block from using mtn share and sell
this morning. Help me to open it pls

You will be contacted shortly.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 7:48pm On Sep 02, 2013
JJKADRY: angry you guys are really loosing customers. How much is N50 that you're disgracing yourself. When we don't subscribe, why forcing it on us? If @ all we need to read news, we know which site we're to go noow! To cut it short, I want you to unsubscribe me from weekly mtn CNN news. I never subscribed for it & I don't even need it....pls for God sake...I want to be out of mtn CNN news weekly subscription... 10Q

Please send your number via private message for resolution.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:12pm On Sep 02, 2013
Jidemaks: Mr.Jide,

I have an airtime of above N600.00 on my line (081********) but I have not been able to make call with the line for some 2-3 days now. This is the voice message I keep receiving each time I attempt to make a call " Sorry, your credit is not enough to make make call to this destination". I dont know what is wrong and I m just tired of the whole thing as I could not get through to any of your customer care agents. Please assist in resolving the problem. Thanks

We will contact you shortly.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
primus361: MTN is giving me major headache. Each time i want to make a call i get a voice message that my account is too low for the call...even so i have up to N200 and more. When i send a message, sometimes it doesn't go through save i reboot my phone or sometimes it goes through but the message will be sent repeatedly until my account is low enough not to make a call, please why is this happening? Also, the RESET command to 131 doesn't work. How do we reset data?

Please send your number via private message for assistance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (256) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.