Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,271 members, 7,934,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:00 PM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (57453 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
mayten30: a bad home will never remain a home for anyone,a good home remains home not a home remains home,you call a country where millions of youths are un-employed?where millions of nigerian students have being sitting at home for the past 30 days?where there has not being even 24 hrs un-interrupted power supply all over the country?a country where our leaders steal billions and they still show their face on tv smiling with confidence?a home where almost all the roads are bad?a home where poverty has become a hobby?a home where the price of commodities and other things are always going up?a home where one cannot sleep with two eyes closed because of bad security?a home where you see a masters holder collecting 20000 naira per month?a home where doctors do even go on strike?a home where some patient die when being rushed to the hospital due to the fact that the doctors said they were not going to give the patient treatment until they pay some money for the medical treatment?a home where a poor person steals a 5naira biscuit and he is sent to prison but a rich man steals billions of naira and was not even arrested and even if he was arrested he would be given a bail that is not even up to one percent of the stolen money and they still come out boldly to tell us that justice has being served?is that what you call home bro?
ask ur father to contest for d presidency so he would pour all Nigeria's money on d road n gutters...if not 've told u to pack o...pack to ghana...ingrates
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Babaofor(m): 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
I don't care

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Diasporan:
It's not easy the way u just said it.Even with an American or Canadian passport you will need the Nigerian visa to get into Nigeria.Nobody likes going through that stress.
that is if she still wants to come back to nigeria
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Please if u want to leave Nigeria go...u ar not needed..what av u given to Naija..people who av made impact here don't complain..it's d lazy goats who want to b fed that keep complaining..we are Running 200m..won't it b nice if u jst leave n stop complaining..i assure u...u won't b missed or even noticed @ D likes of Afam n co n generation n lineage.

Its harder to make a decent living outside Nigeria, so they are not lazy.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by anyaricu(m): 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
You probably might now want to blame her for her comments. It could be really disheartening sometimes when you use your last card to travel somewhere hoping that you would get what you want as promised only to get there and not even have someone to attend to you.I had the same problem in the United States when I misplaced my passport and had to go get a new one. I called the nigerian embassy in Atlanta over and over again just to clarify all I needed to come along with to get a new passport. I was told to pay $90 and that was the same as what we have on the consulate website.
On arriving ATL after a week, I proceeded to the embassy and presented my documents (police report, money order e.t.c), I was told I needed to pay an additional $490 for replacement passport which is not on the website.
Please tell me how a brand new passport cost $90 and a replacement (lost or stolen) would cost over $500? Luckily I had friends in ATL that raised the money for me. SMH
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chikeziehosan: ask ur father to contest for d presidency so he would pour all Nigeria's money on d road n gutters...if not 've told u to pack o...pack to ghana...ingrates
that is what am saying,now this is one of the effect of bad leadership,can you see what the neglect of our leaders is doing to you?the situation has made some people we call the leaders of tommorow to think so shallow,they behave and talk like deep illiterate,they can no longer become honest,they can no longer discuss like a right thinking person,naija I weep for thee!!!lord please come and help this country ooo because the way it is going.....I rest my case

4 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by onila(f): 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
slimyem: No one should blame her jare. She's almost crying while saying it sef though I'm sure she doesn't mean it so. You can say anything when you are that frustrated.
true
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Blessmira: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Agaracha must surely come back.
She can deny her identity if she likes.
Will it stop us from Nairalanding? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
There's no excuse for what they did to these people. What a callous and disgusting way to treat people. I feel bad for the guy who spent $1000 on his flight, only for the place to be closed. I feel bad for all of them in general because they all wasted their money and time. sad sad

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by readone99(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
OCTAVO: Well, 'e no concern me' pay me my N100 before you tear your Nigerian passport! cheesy
grin u be agbero

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
i would hav done the same
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by segan007: 5:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigerian Embassy is a nut case..I nor get contract with Nigeria ...
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
men see frustration

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Tinyemeka(m): 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
The lady resembles Ogugua. smiley
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by McLuhan(m): 5:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
I've visited at least six Nigerian embassies in Europe and the Americas. In each of them my experience was very unpleasant, to say the least. From resentful and discourteous staff to interminably long waiting hours to subtle demands for gratification, our foreign missions are in every sense undiplomatic. What is it about some of us Nigerians that makes us so uncivil and so repulsive in our social manners? Is it our DNA?

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by bigx(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
A British Expatriate's Observation working in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/1410402/nigeria-british-expatriates-viewpoint
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by mascot87(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria is a failed country,if I get out of this foolish country,I wouldn't step back here again because Nigeria is a dream killer.

7 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
This frustrated Nigerian girl is only being civil and polite, those of you condemning here, compare her actions to these one. "Nigerian embassy building and staff in Senegal come under attack by stick-wielding Nigerians".
source: http://saharareporters.com/video/video-nigeria-embassy-building-and-staff-senegal-come-under-attack-stick-wielding-Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by mrlaw93(m): 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
[color=#000099][/color] hw many of us get naija passport sef..
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by bebechuks: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
That's her cup of garri with sugar. How e take affect me?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by picoba(m): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
Fresh Air!
There is no where you run to in this world,you can not escape fresh air.
Nigeria policy will always affect whomsoever that is having a link with this Corrupt Nation.

Make-up your mind. there is no where like home.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
McLuhan: I've visited at least six Nigerian embassies in Europe and the Americas. In each of them my experience was very unpleasant, to say the least. From resentful and discourteous staff to interminably long waiting hours to subtle demands for gratification, our foreign missions are in every sense undiplomatic. What is it about some of us Nigerians that makes us so uncivil and so repulsive in our social manners? Is it our DNA?
Yes, it is.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by davidmani(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
and so.............................................
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by judedwriter(m): 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2013
If you like fly go china, household winches will pursue u if u no dey prayaful wink Many 9jarians are regreting relocating overseas; some are even tempted to come back home. but if ur destiny dey canada, go o-suffring dey 2 much here.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by picoba(m): 5:10pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chikeziehosan: ask ur father to contest for d presidency so he would pour all Nigeria's money on d road n gutters...if not 've told u to pack o...pack to ghana...ingrates

Do you mean the seat of presidency is cursed?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
9jadelta: men see frustration
Do you know what $300 Canadian, is for an international student in Canada? she probably can't even work and has to pay through her nose for tuition alone.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Dee60: 5:13pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.

You should know that some of these so called Nigerian leaders rely also on their British, Canadian or American passports. it was once rumoured that a principal officer in Nigeria had given up his Nigerian passport in order to pick up Belize citizenship.

What that means is that they do not care if Nigeria is ruined. In fact they are daily ruining Nigeria.

The task is ours to ensure we chose right leaders who are purely Nigerians and who think Nigeria, not all these people who send their wives and children to German hospitals to have 'bed rest'. Shine your eye in 2015 and things will change. Also pray that God will answer us and save our country. We have no country except ours. here in America, i am treated as a visitor (some are taken as immigrants)> We have to make our HOME good!

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by PlayLover: 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
correct, this is so true!
nijanigga:
Yes, it is.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by boron10(m): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
Good riddance!! Our population would be one less
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by maasoap(m): 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
alpha conde: If u add a pin to a luggage, it doesn't make it heavier, if you remove it, it wouldnt become lighter. Such i[b][/b]s the case of anyone who doesn't want to be a nigerian. Haven't she heard we now do inter state deportation. That's to show we have more than we need.
I really like the way you look at this issue. Na true talk.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) / Cows Block Road In Abuja, Disrupt Vehicular Movement (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.