Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,197 members, 7,974,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 02:06 PM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (57675 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by lee007(m): 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
Anyone who knows what it takes to be a student in Canada will feel the girls pain and having to travel from London Ontario by bus to Ottawa only to be told $300 is gone is just very saddening.

I never wanted to be Canadian Citizen before, but the more i see the contrast with Nigeria the more I see no reason why anyone will want to be be Nigerian for now, so much potentials but corruption has beaten our sensibilities into complete Coma.

Well I am surprised? the embassy is managed by a political dead wood...Ojo Madueke!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by 2legit2qwt: 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
I still can't get my Nigerian passport renewed just for this very insanity at the embassies.

I don't blame her, If our origins were by choice, certainly I won't have Nigeria in the top 50 countries, sad but true angry angry
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by spacechuks(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Please if u want to leave Nigeria go...u ar not needed..what av u given to Naija..people who av made impact here don't complain..it's d lazy goats who want to b fed that keep complaining..we are Running 200m..won't it b nice if u jst leave n stop complaining..i assure u...u won't b missed or even noticed @ D likes of Afam n co n generation n lineage.
...you must be a benefeciary of the corrupt govt,dats y u dnt have a feeling of sb who's fustrated,sb who might hav graduated 6 to 10yrs without job...it is obvious naija is a failed state,stop justifyin,becus u ate and u r satisfied doen't mean others do too...so keep ur mouth quite nxt time...and be objective in your statement

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Irunmole(m): 8:02pm On Aug 24, 2013
Girl, I feel your pain. I did not burn or tear my Nigerian passport, it ended up in River Thames on my way home from their previous Consular office on Fleet Street in London. I, as a man was almost reduced to tears at the unprofessional and inhumane treatment that I received from those uncaring and unfeeling incompetent officials. I feel no qualms travelling with the red passport, stress free in applying for and receiving it. Travelling anywhere is also stress and suspicion free, no extra questioning and unwanted undeserved searching and grilling on account of being a Nigerian and a green passport holder. Oluwakemi, I feel for you. I can only empathise with you in your unfortunate plight
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by KayDee4: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Poor gal !!!
Same story with all these Nigerian embassies; they just can't do simple things right.
I can imagine squeezing out money and time out of you busy schedule only for your efforts to be thwarted by the embassy's incompetence, that's enough to drive a sane man crazy.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by joaquin64(m): 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Why in the world would you insult the lady? Have you ever been put in a frustrated position like that before? Stop judging others if you really do not understand what they are going through. Clearly she is pissed and said that out of hurt whether she meant it or not. Your opinions honestly could not worth a damn to her right now anyways.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by adeara(m): 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian. She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.
let her burn it she can only be a Canadian on paper, even wit canadian pasport they stil see her as black and foreigner if not why are blac american always having misunderstanding wit white, dat sense of racism is stil there. Noting like home

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by spacechuks(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
mascot87: Nigeria is a failed country,if I get out of this foolish country,I wouldn't step back here again because Nigeria is a dream killer.
...bro u make sense...naija is a dream killer...I knw of a girl who just left for usa thru lottery,she was given grants and loans to study in a university...do we have the like here..a country where ppl struggle to go to sch and come out without job...na God go punish all our leaders

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by KayDee4: 8:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
The Manchester and London embassies , are they always like that or were those videos shot on a special event ?

If they get crowds like that everyday then they should consider attending to people based on appointments and with daily caps.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
lmaoooooooooooooo

@happuns happuns grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
sakaguchi:
Really? So why do yall sell your papa's farmland to leave only to work hard. And earn less?...smh @ this logic...

Where in my post did you read that?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by PrettyGaby(f): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. I
could sense a deep anger and regret for God making that lady a Nigerian.
She never asked for it but unfortunately she was placed in a place that
have 1diots as leaders. I won't blame her if she burns her Nigerian
passport. It's good riddance to bad rubbish

this is probably the same mentality the leaders have and why they are looting Nigeria without second thought. hmmm, no wonder the country is a mess. when you are from a country you cant stand up tall for, how do you expect things to get better in the future when actually, YOU are the future
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by lyfe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
You can never feel her pain unless you are an international student abroad that has a family earning a meager salary back home.

I know someone who had to rain curse in their voice mail before they sent back his passport after 2 months.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by taharqa2: 8:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Just saw the video and is beyond SHOCKING.

The Frustration of the lady is just palpable; and who would blame her.

A surgical operation should be done on that Embassy. Heads should roll- in fact, Serious Heads should roll so as to send a stern warning to other Embassies; and an Unreserved Apology made by the Foreign Affairs Minister himself.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by solomon111(m): 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria is over-populated anyway.
Even the govt is looking for ways to reduce population growth.
I feel for the young lady,unfortunately her denouncing Nigeria will have no effect on the Nigerian state.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sambos994(m): 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
She said that out of frustration but I feel her pain. The way these embassies treat people makes me want to punch them in the face.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by funnyx(m): 8:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kay-Dee:
The Manchester and London embassies , are they always like that or were those videos shot on a special event ?

If they get crowds like that everyday then they should consider attending to people based on appointments and with daily caps.

There's no high commission in Manchester, what you see on the video was a one off event to register those residing in the north of England and Scotland to get their passports without having to travel to London. I pity those in Canada because the country is so big, in fact it's a continent on its own, imagine to travel from calgary alberta to ottawa for nothing, that's ridiculous.
Thank God I don't need Nigerian passport to travel any longer except when I'm travelling to Nigeria, which I usually don't do.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ogaju007(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
aka tonero: May Nigeria land also reject u!!! That's when u will know that there is no place like home

Has the Nigeria land ever accepted or done anything for you?

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by AIYELE(m): 8:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
God blessed EU!
God Blessed Denmark.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Kay-Dee:

Op
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sagamite(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
2s£xy:
Yippeeee! Sagamite sagamu is BACK!

Wow! I was gonna create a thread to ask for you... I was wondering why you haven't been around for long.

Nice to have you back.

Mother their intellects, man.

Thanks, bruv.

The fucktards should always tremble when they see me if at least one cell in their brain still works.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by moodswing(m): 8:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
All of you saying rubbish about Nigeria needs your heads examined. Only a fooool hates his/her country.

It's people like the yeye lady talking rubbish that man these foreign missions. The government can't take the blame for the failures of people who aren't doing the job they are paid to do.

These people should formally complain to the foreign affairs ministry and the people responsible for this sorry situation will be recalled and replaced with ones that are efficient.

Even if you distrust your leaders, always love your country.

Until you travel the world, you wouldn't have many reasons to love Nigeria.

I walk tall in Nigeria without fear or prejudice. Something you can never get in another country that adopts your sorry self.

Burning of passport or The Nigerian flag should be criminalized.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by funnyx(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2013
moodswing: All of you saying rubbish about Nigeria needs your heads examined. Only a fooool hates his/her country.

It's people like the yeye lady talking rubbish that man these foreign missions. The government can't take the blame for the failures of people who aren't doing the job they are paid to do.

These people should formally complain to the foreign affairs ministry and the people responsible for this sorry situation will be recalled and replaced with ones that are efficient.

I walk tall in Nigeria without fear or prejudice. Something you can never get in another country that adopts your sorry self.

Rubbish! Being a f0.0l like you should be a criminal offence.

6 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by lyfe(m): 8:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Haha Sagamite how va now, na brute force you use finish that idiot.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
I hate it when people say rubbish and vent their anger about nigeria but are not ready to do anything about it. Youths in other countries like egypt and tunisia protested till there was a change but all we do in naija is vent anger online. How about taking our anger to the streets till we get the change we deserve.

Till then God bless naija
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
moodswing: All of you saying rubbish about Nigeria needs your heads examined. Only a fooool hates his/her country.

what is a country?the right definition of what a country is will make you understand why the girl wants to burn her passport
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Na wa oo so now being honest is now un-patriotism?funny people dey this thread
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sylve11: 9:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4eva: it is utterly shameful to be a Nigerian in 2013. It's good riddance to bad rubbish.

Yeah, i like the last line.cool
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by AdeniyiA(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
eeyaaah...frustration can make you say and do regrettable things.
a student who was sent to school against all odds but couldn't find a job to pay back favour will naturally be frustrated, such can carry gun, not that he loves to steal but was frustrated.
Our so called leaders have given Frustration as another name for Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video Of The Lady Seen Topless On A Bike On Lekki Expressway / Lagos Features In City Of Johannesburg Campaign, Online Comments Turn Nasty / Truck Driver Drives A Burning Fuel Truck Out Of A Residential Area To Save Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.