Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,310 members, 7,934,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:27 PM

"I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian (57456 Views)

Trailers Crash And Burn Along Oyo-Ogbomosho Expressway (photos) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Is Nigeria A Visa-free Country To Gambia With My Nigerian Ecowas Passport? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Sunglow: 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

Its harder to make a decent living outside Nigeria, so they are not lazy.
.Really shocked n dey act like they pick d cash on d streets in yankee :>

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by readonenaire(m): 6:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
deadie: It is really sad that you people are here condemning her because she said she will burn her Nigerian passport. Could you imagine the frustration she is going through? All you mumus that have never stepped out of Nigeria - do you know how much she worked to earn the 300 dollars? Abroad is not like Nigeria where people don't work (part-time or full-time ghost workers) and earn money, or at worst steal from our commonwealth. Moreso, she mentioned being a student and that her dad earns less than 300 dollars a month. She probably has to send money back home to take care of her relatives. She damned has every right to be pissed - and to burn the goddamned passport. When I left the shores of Naija, my intension was to return immediately after concluding my studies. But all that changed the moment I landed at the airport after 3 yrs.

Things has gotten so bad that Nigerians no longer have sympathy with those that are poorly treated by those who are supposed to work for our interest. Channel your outrage to the f00ls who work at the embassy, not at the lady who suffered in their hands. By the way, have a look at the FAQ page (http://www.nigeriaembassygermany.org/faq.htm) of the Nigerian embassy in Germany. The last line reads:

"I am visiting Nigeria for holidays, do I need to take insurance cover?
It is advisable to take insurance cover as Nigeria does not have reciprocal agreement for insurance with the UK."

The f00ls simply copied the line from the Nigerian High commission in london (http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/faq) and could not change UK to Germany. This is a site that is read by thousands of Germans wishing to travel to Nigeria. And may I add how scanty the FAQ page of the Nigerian Embassy in Germany is? I hope you guys who are condemning her experience this kind of frustration from your useless government.
God bless you

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by justwise(m): 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sunglow: .Really shocked n dey act like they pick d cash on d streets in yankee :>

Yes...its a lot lot harder to make a decent living as a foreigner in Europe or America than in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by odehaj: 6:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Pls tell it to that fence beside you!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by obuji: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
sakaguchi:
Hey Mr, I'm a student too, a poor one at that, I am younger than she is and I lost N53,000 from poor security loopholes in our Nigerian banks, you don't see me crying and sobbing how I will burn my degree or passport later do you? She is angst by the insouciance of Ojo Madueke and co but I think she's over reacting,...for N45,000 for that matter, that shows how she value her country...tearing your passport, is that the solution?
good!! So did you read the second part of my answer to your post?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
If u like tear and burn your nigerian parents before travelling....E CONCERN US?
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by coogar: 6:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
dangiwa09:

Why pelt the security, how about the ambassador, high commissioner, consular officers, they are the decision makers, the security guard is just a poor sap trying to make a living. Your action was misdirected and perhaps cowardly.

the whole staff of the nigerian house has been infected with this irresponsibility. you would have thought their staying abroad would have changed some behaviour about them but na lie - you still get to see their agbero attitude.

i pelted the ones i could reach as i left the building - the fat bastärd stressed my life just because he thought i didn't book an appointment before arriving there. they are all the same - from the security to the fools behind the counter.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Jarus(m): 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
In moments of frustration, many people can utter such statement. I saw the pain in the lady's face. It's not easy. I will not blame her.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yippeeee! Sagamite sagamu is BACK!

Wow! I was gonna create a thread to ask for you... I was wondering why you haven't been around for long.

Nice to have you back.

Mother their intellects, man.
Sagamite:

You are fucktards!

You are cretinous fucktards!

Products of a failed education system. No wonder you have leaders that are so comfortable shitting on you and you consume it and scream "Fresh Air".

You can call the filthy pit-latrine you leave in home if you like but many sane people in life actually like to leave in salubrious mansions and take no pride in a pit latrine being their residence.

As for the issue, I have always advocated never blaming the system. Find one individual to put the opprobrium on.

In this case the person called Ojo Maduekwe[color=#990000][/color] is the cretin running the Nigerian Embassy in Canada. This is the cretin that should be mentions instead of blaming some intangible, chimerical system and watch no one take responsibility because no one is "The System".

This is the same buffoon that was a former Foreign Minister, only to accept a non-strategic ambassadorship where he would be reporting to the new Foreign Minister. Desperate, hungry and incompetent cretins running a lunatic country led by a dumb Silverback Gorilla who is controlled by his pot-bellied, illiterate umblerra wife.

What makes me laugh the most is the profile they put on the Embassy's website about Ojo Maduekwe:

"He comes to represent Nigeria in Canada with a wealth of experience and contacts."

www.nigeriahcottawa.ca/nhc2/index.php/en/

Did they mean the shyt experience a vast majority of Nigerian leaders claim?

I am happy this issue is being picked by a foreign broadcaster because only international shame makes the person leaders like Jonathan (Yes, name them, not point to a system) respond.

But fucktards like Justosaus and bad meat deserve the leaders they have.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by coogar: 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Jarus: In moments of frustration, many people can utter such statement. I saw the pain in the lady's face. It's not easy. I will not blame her.

she couldn't have meant what she said - if she tears her nigerian passport then her suffering has just started cos she would still need the nigerian embassy for her visa to nigeria. her parents are still in nigeria & she would still be visiting.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Jccy(f): 6:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
C as she b lyk craze mk dem de debate wr 2 pt,
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Osama10(m): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
Anything related to Nigeria can be so frustrating.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Policewoman(f): 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
nairalandaddict: People who flew, drove or took the bus to come renew their passports express their frustration at the lack of notice about an office closure. *The girl that said she would tear her NIGERIAN passport,I CANNOT BELIEVE SHE SAID THAT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezTuQEDdal0

wwww./mFQx
Who gives a flying fvck

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by sakaguchi(m): 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
justwise:

Yes...its a lot lot harder to make a decent living as a foreigner in Europe or America than in Nigeria
Really? So why do yall sell your papa's farmland to leave only to work hard. And earn less?...smh @ this logic...
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Chukssmug(m): 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
Congrats!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Cossyo: 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
Lol!u no hapi say God land u 4 naija abi?ur ear!
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by adele004: 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2013
OCTAVO: Well, 'e no concern me' pay me my N100 before you tear your Nigerian passport! cheesy
abeg na who con owe octavo N100 since morning like this abeg pay the guy make I'm go buy garri now

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nigeria a failed state, south west screw you all, south east go to Hell, all the north fu*k u all. Nigeria the epitome of corruption and foolish youths. Nigeria go to hell as well.

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Can someone still pls tell me one benefit of being a Nigeria. I'm waiting...All those patriotic pple shud come and tell me because I can't see any. I studied hard in xyz university, came out with good grades from a high demand course and can't even find a decent job that can support my basic needs and still av to rely on pple. So what is the point of it all then. It is only in Nigeria that you will see intelligent hardworking pple idle because there is no opportunity for their set of skills. Many of my classmates are still jobless, atleast I am lucky to have a job. Most of the people I know that got jobs easily got it through connection. Is there really merit anymore? How many indigenous organisations believe in training staff? It's just use and dump. And the thing is if I leave my job today, some other desperate guy who has been out of job for over 2 yrs may be willing to take the job for half the salary so he can leave his unemployed status. Yet, we have the highest paid legislators in a country that is supposed to be broke. We host big parties and weddings when universities have been on strike for over 1 month. Merit is almost non-existent. Creative is not encouraged. No wonder Nigerians are just users and not inventors. So tell me, what is the benefit of being a Nigerian when you must lie, cheat and steal to be successful?

10 Likes

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
I renewed my Nigerian passport the first week of August in Nigeria.i once shared my story on NLD cos I couldn't renew it here in OZ. the drama and the way I was treated, I walked out. I went to Nigeria and mehnnnn it got to a stage I called my husband and told him ........FCK THE NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND FCK NIGERIA" he was laughing but it wasn't funny. The system is fckud mehnnn, the system is a piece of crap angry

I don't blame this woman or the others, these people can frustrate your life and make you curse the day you were born

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by ernestleon(m): 7:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
It's easy to say who gives a 4uck until you get a taste of it.I don't hate the Nigerian parastatals,I only try to cope with their frustrations.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
jennykadry: I renewed my Nigerian passport the first week of August in Nigeria.i once shared my story on NLD cos I couldn't renew it here in OZ. the drama and the way I was treated, I walked out. I went to Nigeria and mehnnnn it got to a stage I called my husband and told him ........FCK THE NIGERIAN PASSPORT AND FCK NIGERIA" he was laughing but it wasn't funny. The system is fckud mehnnn, the system is a piece of crap angry

I don't blame this woman or the others, these people can frustrate your life and make you curse the day you were born

And trust me if u grease some palms or knw one of the staff thru connection, everything will flow smoothly and speedily. A country where pple need bribe to do their jobs. Policemen still collect bribes, same for lastma etc
You can't bid for contracts successfully without doing PR and in Naija, PR is anoda name for bribe.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
I did from the onset yet it was difficult. Yu know these people get their plans greased by so many people that sometimes its so oily that they have to try and accommodate everyone starting from no 1. Nigeria is messed up, our system is ........I don't know what to say. I might have thought same as this woman on that day, it wasn't funny

12 inches!:

And trust me if u grease some palms or knw one of the staff thru connection, everything will flow smoothly and speedily. A country where pple need bribe to do their jobs. Policemen still collect bribes, same for lastma etc
You can't bid for contracts successfully without doing PR and in Naija, PR is anoda name for bribe.
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2013
I feel bad for her.. Really emotional. She made her point clear. To her that's a lot of money. If I heard her correctly she said her dad ain't making up to that amount in a month.

Sad truth.. Sometimes I regret having a tie with Nigeria. They are #1 most selfish people in the world. Even on their professional fields they lack manners.

To think of it, that ugly passport is as useless as their government. Ma'am please wide your nyash with a few page and burn the other pages by piece.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Ellyeen(f): 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
I feel the poor girl completely.Nigerian embassies every where is one, worse than the other. Dear girl believe me it is better renewing your passport than having to go to that damned place for a visa anytime you have to visit home
Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 24, 2013
coogar:

the frustration in canada cannot match the nigerian house in london. it's the worst organisation on the face of the planet. i pelted their security with a cup of cappuccino the last time i went there in 2011.

something must be done....

I have said this before and will say it again, despite the ever increasing amount of remittances flowing from Nigerians abroad, this group is nevertherless disparaged, maligned and denigrated with alarming frequency by embassy officials charged with its welfare. That such unpalatable experiences serve as a recurring decimal is, of course, testament to the discord, disunity and disorganisation which pervades within the diasporan-based communities themselves.

It is no use crying of spilt milk coogar! There is a stark choice between getting organised in our local towns/cities and demanding greater accountability from our embassies on the one hand, and agonising incessantly on the other.

I don talk my own angry

Nigeria e-Passport Chaos in Manchester UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3itM8t_L_o

Drama at the Nigeria High Commission London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VyiXKbf8hM

Nigerian Embassy Italy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGLdeCUSVKc

Nigerian Embassy Senegal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aeFhF1s8RM

Nigerian Embassy London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNjf9AzDNo

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by nijanigga: 7:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
obuji: why is it not easy?? All you have to do is make payment online and mail you passport. After two weeks, you will have your visa mailed back to you.
No stress attached.
Have you heard of dual citizenship? you use the other passport to leave your adopted home and use Nigerian passport when you're coming home and renew your Nigerian passport in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by anyaricu(m): 7:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
Having experienced the negative way our people at the embassies have acted in recent times, I was very impressed with the guys at the Nigerian consulate in Libya(Tripoli). They were so nice and accomodating. Them even offer me and my Libyan driver tea. This was my first time of been proud of any of our embassies.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Tear And Burn My Nigerian Passport, Once I Become Canadian" - Nigerian by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tijay90: I 'ld say the same too...this country does its disastrous best to suffocate a young (wo)man's dreams & aspirations.
well said... beautiful analysis. this is one of the best quote I have come across on this forum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

New Visa Rules To Study And Work In United States / What I Learnt After Visiting The Brazilian Presidential Palace(photos, Video) / Cows Block Road In Abuja, Disrupt Vehicular Movement (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.