Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,845 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:18 PM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (105298 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Goke7: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
I have asked two questions on this thread and no one has even bothered, looks like this thread is getting personalised with lots of interpersonal response among very familiar contributors or may be my questions were stupid after all, anyway no problem, he who has no illness does not need a doctor!
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
Goke7, I am sure someone who knows where you can get these items will respond. Meanwhile, have you checked nett pharmacy, healthplus and medplus. I think you should call healthplus and inquire.

udoka2:
Health plus Lekki - 01 2714496
Health plus ikeja - 01 7400722; 08055315802
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 8:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hello all,

@wannabeamum, according to @king'sdaughter, rafar pharmacy stocks vitex.

@Goke7, that must have been an oversight, healthplus should have promengranate and aloe vera. If you're in lagos,you can check any of their branches in ikeja,the palms,lekki etc
@hopeful, how are you? Been a while.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 10:34am On Nov 07, 2013
Good morning all,

Hope all is well.

@Goke, please pardon us. As @cocodiva said, it must have been an oversight. Please check the Health plus Ikeja; I called them some minutes ago and they have only 2 bottles (16oz) for N2,250 each (1 for you and 1 for @yummyK grin). Run, run, run.

@Venuss, hope you are doing great and feeling relieved.

@wannabeamum, I haven't been to Rafar pharmacy yet but I called the shop's number (on FB). She said they don't have ACV till 2 week's time but they have Vitex (Nature's way). She couldn't confirm the amount of the Vitex to me because she wasn't at the shop yet. It seems the online shop http://naturalnigerian.com/ahia-natural-nigerian-marketplace has the ACV in their catalog also; N1,700 for 16oz and N3,200 for 32oz. Hope this helps.

@yummyK, can you quickly check the Health plus at Ikeja as mentioned by @Udoka? I called them some minutes ago and they have only 2 bottles (16oz) for N2,250 each. Run, run, run!!!

@Cocodiva, please did you see Almond seed and milk at that Fig leaf? Coconut milk? I have been trying to follow @Dreamsinc fertility diet and need those items.

@all, have a blessed day and may God answer us all.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
@babe,u can do the castor oil pack method,is very good for dissolving cyst.

@venus,how body?

@diva and all,pls is it possible to treat breast lump naturally. My younger sister has it in her right breast and it is now becoming painful but she has been booked for an operation in two weeks time. So I want to know if it can be treated naturally instead of operation. Thanks
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2013
@Lore&Temi thanks alot dear, please where can i get the castor oil and please do you have idea of the price
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2013
Hello all,

@ofatruth, I saw coconut milk at Fig,but I'm not sure of almonds.but I'm sure shoprite stocks almond seeds.its pricey tho'
Lol, @ run,run,run. grin

@Lore&temi, its best to have the lump removed so that they can have a pathological analysis done to ensure that its not malignant. After the removal, she can then go natural to prevent a re-occurence.because,it does grow back for some people. I wish her a successful surgery and quick recovery.

@babe,you can get castor oil at any pharmacy.the most common here is the B brand.it goes for 500 naira .plus or minus. You can get the procedure in previous pages or on-line. All the best
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
@ofatruth thank u somuch...... i also called their facebook number in d mmrg and dy said in 2wks time dts too far.....

i love the online market but dont understnd dre shoppn pattern... will keep trying. God bless u
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 9:00am On Nov 08, 2013
@Coco diva thanks alot, please what page will i check to get the procedure on how to use the castor oil.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by kingsdaughter: 9:54am On Nov 08, 2013
@wannabeamum the vitex at rafar pharmacy ph is 1,800. Thats the price I got it for two weeks ago. you can also get AVC at quickpay supermarket its opposite the groove school abacha rd gra phase 3. its in the same building with Olison supermarket.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by MarJuly(f): 10:37am On Nov 08, 2013
@ Honiepie, i sent u a reminder mail, pls respond
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi1(f): 10:45am On Nov 08, 2013
@diva,thanks and Amen.

@babe-these are what u will need for the procedure:
Castor oil-400
Heating pad-1450,I bought mine at shoprite,Lekki
A flannel-I used one of my DH's singlet,I cut off the upper part and folded the other part into two.
For better explanation,goggle it. I wish u goodluck.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 08, 2013
@cocodiva, I am fyn..thanks!! Have you got any additional info on the 'bark of kolanut.' I am thinking of getting it. But I need to be double sure.

Wishing everyone the very best and may God bless us all.

Hopeful3: Good morning every one, @ all, please I came across the information below from this site:- www.nativeanswer.com, has anyone heard of it?

Woman Infertility Remedy

INGREDIENTS: bark of kola nut, water.
PREPARATION: Peal and boil the bark of native kola nut tree with water. As far as you don’t have infection, you will be pregnant after this treatment.
DOSAGE: Take half glass 2 times daily for 7 days.

I will appreciate your responses. Thank you
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 2:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Good day mamas,

Hope you are all doing great and looking forward to the weekend.

@coco, thanks for your response. We don't have Shoprite in PH oh, will probably ask my sister to send it to me. God bless you.

@King's daughter, thanks for helping PH people out. God bless you

@wannabeamum, we thank God. Hope you were able to get the ACV from @King's daughter's description. I pray it works for you and meets you at your point of need.

@Lore&temi, I second @coco's suggestion. Also bear in mind that natural cures could take some time to work or cure, and since the operation is in 2 weeks, it's just close enough. I pray that everything goes successfully and God gives the doctors wisdom to do the needful in Jesus Name.

@Hopeful3, I haven't heard of the bark of native cola tree before. May be you can ask Dr. Google for the components of this bark tree and you can narrow down from there? I searched but couldn't see anything about the bark, I only saw details of the kola nut itself and it was all about caffeine, anti-depressant etc. Please check here: http://www.kew.org/plants-fungi/Cola-nitida.htm and http://www.ehow.com/list_7725459_west-nut-tree-its-uses.html. Hope this helps.

@babe, in addition to @Lore&Temi's points for castor oil therapy, below is what I got from NFS. I wish you all the best.

How to Use a Castor oil pack

Soak the flannel cloth that is contained in the kit with castor oil and place it on the skin. Cover the flannel with a sheet of plastic, and then a hot water bottle or heating pack is placed over the plastic to heat the pack. Cover everything with a towel and relax.

Precautions: Castor oil should not be taken internally. It should not be applied to broken skin. It should not be used during pregnancy, breastfeeding, or during menstruation.

How to prepare your Castor Oil Pack

Materials you will need...

1. The flannel contained in the kit
2.. Castor oil (contained in the kit)
3. Plastic wrap cut one to two inches larger than the flannel (can be cut from a plastic bag)
4. Hot water bottle or heating pack
5. Container to store soaked castor oil pack when not in use.
6. Old clothes and sheets. Castor oil will stain clothing and bedding.

@All, do have a great weekend.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 2:46pm On Nov 08, 2013
@OfaTruth and Lore&temi, thank you so much, i will go to shoprite today and buy the castor oil and the heating pad.May God help us all
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thanks d descriptn just got bck from work... off to d shop though its very far from
me but off i go...
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
@kings daughter but do u knw if park n shop sells avc dt is easier for me to locate but i try my best.... and for d vitex Rafar said dey are out of stock till 2wks time.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by OfaTruth: 5:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
@wannabeamum, I called Medicine Mart for Vitex. They have FertilAid for N7,750. The address is 90 Evo Road, GRA Phase 2, PHC. FertilAid contains Vitex also. You can google FertilAid to see if it meets your needs.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by yummyk: 5:34pm On Nov 08, 2013
Evening all,
@ ofatruth thks I got acv @ health plus bt no bsm , even fig Health does nt ave it. And thks 4 taking time to explain d castol oil procedure.
@Lore&temi , pls let yr sis go 4 d surgery so dat d natural of lump can b knw and is good if she can go 4 vegetarian diet frm nw evn after d surgery.

@hopeful3 good to knw ure fine.
@wannabeamum,babe01, @goke7,kingsdaughter,@safe06, @venus and evry oda person .God will answer our prayers. Enjoy yr wkend.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Goodevening all. Enuf walkabout.

I went to d quickpick supermarket opp the groove school gra. I saw Apple vinegar. There is no Apple cidar vinegar, the sales girl said many pple hv been coming for it, u ladies just got 2bottles when i walked in. I bought one bottle since i dnt knw if its stil ok. But i am sure its wt mother cos its misty.

Ofatruth thanks somuch i visitd the pharmacy mart at evo road, i just saw nd decided to ask suprise i saw ur post. God bless.

Cocodiva, kingsdaughter, ofatruth and all God bless u all and evry one God wil visit us all.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 11:16am On Nov 09, 2013
@yummyk, ofatruth, and Lore&temi, thanks alot. i bought the castor oil and heating pad in medplus at shoprite surulere yesterday, am going to start the method today. take care my lovely sisters
@all, happy weekend
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 11:16am On Nov 09, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
Hello all, hope u are having a wonderful wknd.
@Hopeful3 i also read about that kola bark only on that site and one other facebook page(i think they did copy&paste). I asked my mum who knows about herbal medicine about it, she said she doesnt know anything abt it bt she will find out.
I also read about pawpaw seed, aligator paper and dry locust beans. Prepare the items as soup for female infertility. If nothing positive happens dis cycle, i think i‘ll try this next cycle.
NOTE:
pawpaw seed - 3.
Aligator pepper- 1 full pepper
Locust beans- small quantity
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 09, 2013
@onose and ofatruth, thank you for ur responses.
@onose, hope you will keep us posted on ur mom's findings. Thanks wink
@yummyk, how are u. Hope you are fine and hope the cyst symptoms and pain are reducing?
@ babe01, you should note that castor oil therapy is after af and before ovulation and also, you could read up and consider taking acv +bsm if you have not started doing so.

@all, have a great weekend.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2013
@all that responded to the question about my sister's surgery,thanks so much.I will do as u all have said.

@Yummyk,pls which food are good for vegetarian diet.thanks for ur response.

@babe,wishing u success in ur castor oil therapy.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
@Onose&Ofatruth,I also heard about the kola bark for treating infertility,but I don't know how to get it. If u have any idea on how to get it pls let us know.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by twingirls: 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello all, how has it been? Iv been following a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ learning quietly

‎Fø̲̣̣я̅ all I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Lagos trying to get BSM, try healthplus Magodo, somebody got mine from them yesterday, a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ i learnt they've got different type, i was able to get organic a̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ unsulphured bsm.

Enjoy ϔ☺ΰя̩̥̊ weekend wt dh I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ attendance
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Sentempest(f): 2:12pm On Nov 09, 2013
Please mamas whats bsm and how much does it cost? Ve anyone heard abt lemon and baking soda? Thks 4 prompt response
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2013
Hello all,
Hope we're enjoying the weekend.

@ofatruth and wannabeamum, amen to your prayers.

@babe01, all the best with the castor oil therapy

@hopeful,glad to know you're fine. As per the kolanut bark,I haven't seen anything promising. Bottom line is,research is still on-going on it. But personally, I'm put off it for the fact that its main ingredient is caffeine.which is a stimulant and also not so good for ttc. It also contains tannins which is an anti-nutrient and could become toxic at high levels.other compounds associated with tannins are suspected to be carcinogenic (cancer-inducing) so, for these,I'm not really down with it except its proven otherwise. I believe with more research, we'l get more facts on it.

@twingirls,thanks for the info.This is a relief, healthplus having bsm in stock means it'l be easily obtained by all henceforth.
@sen.tempest, BSM: Black strap molasses
Lemon+baking soda, do you mean its use in ttc? I know its used in baking and whitening (cleaning) but I'm not aware of its use in ttc. Though, their use separately is applicable for ttc
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
@cocodiva. Thanks for your response and the analysis. Caffeine is definitely a no no.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Sentempest(f): 9:07pm On Nov 09, 2013
@cocodiva Thks. Im on on cd4, taking grape juice wit warm water,vit c,epo,vitb,folic. I hope is ok and good 4 me. Thks 4 ur prompt reply
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by omankem(f): 9:49pm On Nov 09, 2013
Gudeveing all, plz am new her nd I appreciate all ur efforts nd wrds of encouregemnt. Ve bin ttc 4 two yrs nw, did hormonal profile nd Hsg, my prolatin wz hign nd hsg says I Ve asherman syndrome(dts scars) my doctor has bin giving me drug 4 d HP but stil anytim I press my breast milk stil cmes out. My Af does nt flow at all I only spot 4 one day. Plz my lovly pple in d awuz I nid ur advice urgently.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by omankem(f): 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls am sorry for d typo erros, didn't actually proof read b4 snding. God wil answer our soon IJN

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.