Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:37 PM

Alternative Methods To TTC - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alternative Methods To TTC (105618 Views)

TTC -you Have Tried All Options And Nothing Worked!!! / Pregnant After Trying To Conceive (ttc)?pls Come In To Chat/share With Others!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 11:09am On Nov 19, 2013
@pintoxx dear,wat can i do 4 u?u got nice products,really cool,wats ur diagnosis darl,lets know how to arrange d supps?u cn share here or inbox me,good luck dearie.

@uteh my one n only,how is it going?is he bk?jus bd real good b4 and after pineapple implantation,its adviceable to wait till 7dpo b4 goin bk on ur supps.remember to drink plenty water all d way.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by pintoxx(m): 11:09am On Nov 19, 2013
@onose ,Dats d same tin my scan said,my gynae said it's not issue,dat we should adopt d from behind position when bding in fertile period n remain in dat position 4like 15mins after bding.
@uteh,i like dat ur combo,wil try it though stil searching 4 bsm,after d pineapple core dpo,just take tins easy n commit evrytin in prayer 2 God,wish u luck my dear.
pls any sister in abuja wit info on where 2 get BSM should let me know,thanks.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 11:15am On Nov 19, 2013
alright @pintoxx hv received it,tnx sweet

@all pls where can one get grape seed oil,not d supplement?

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2013
Hello all,hope we're having a good day.
@lore&temi, it all depends on the brand,size/quantity of tabs and country of make.that's what makes prices vary.from the same store ,you can have varying prices of brands.
@pintoxx,the EPO you got is fine
@uteh, please just relax, eat good balanced diet,veggies and fruits ,drink lots of water and pray.while hoping for the best.fingers crossed for you.
@onose01, glad you're getting good results. Retroverted uterus means the uterus is tipped from the regular position of the average woman.though the condition is quite common as well.but its not a problem in achieving conception. Like @pintoxx said, unlike the average woman that's advised to lie on her back after BD, a woman with retroverted uterus is advised to lie face down and raise her bum up with a pillow . Or you could use a menstrual cup to keep the little swimmers in. You can insert that after BD and remove the next morning or after 2 hours if it makes you uncomfortable. Just relax,its not a problem
@babe01,yes you can use EPO for EWCM
@honiepie, you can try healthplus.not sure,but they could have it.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by phewme(f): 3:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
@cocodiva, I am where u left me o! Lol!

For the acupuncture, I stopped it. Though it was expensive, it was very ok and relaxing. It was a good experience though.

For those interested, it is Korea Nigeria hospital at osolo way. They give herbs too.

@coco diva, I am sure you can give more details
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
union123: @onose01, pls where can i get cranberry in surulere and how much did u buy it? thanks
@union, dh bought mine from medplus(shoprite ikeja) for about #2300(cant remember exact price)
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
@pintoxx andcoco diva thanks a bunch. The doc actually said its not a problem bt i keep disturbing myself about it. Pls is menstrual cup same as tampoon? Btw that back position dey pain me ooo(make una no laf ooo). grin
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2013
@diva,thanks.I will get mine from hopeful3.

@hopeful,pls respond to my mail.

@uteh,fingers crossed for u.

@all,I pray that all our effort will never be in vain.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by uteh: 12:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
@Honiepie, thanks and yes he's back.

@Cocodiva and @Lore thanks.

@All, lets always remember to commit everything we take into d hands of God, cos He's d giver of children 1 Cor 2:5 says - That your faith should not stand in d wisdom of men, but in the power of God.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hello all,
@onose01, ok we're not laughing o grin pls manage en. Menstrual cups are different from tampons.they are silicone cups actually meant to worn during AF.but can be improvised to be used after BD as well.
@lore&temi,all the best with it
@uteh, you're right.prayer is key.its all in God's control
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 21, 2013
9 Reasons to Use Epsom Salt (do this 3x per week)

Epsom salt, which is not really a salt at all but a mineral compound comprised of magnesium and sulfate, gets its named from a saline spring at Epsom in Surrey, England. Epsom salt has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a number of ailments and also has many beauty, gardening and household uses.

Both magnesium and sulfate are readily absorbed into the skin which makes the health benefits readily accessible. Over 325 enzymes in the body are regulated by magnesium which also helps reduce inflammation, alleviates hardening of the arteries and improves muscle and nerve function. Sulfates improve the rate at which nutrients are absorbed and help to flush out toxins.

Here are just a few of the many wonderful benefits of Epsom salts we uncovered:

Ease Stress

If you are stressed, you may be deficient in magnesium and you may have elevated adrenaline. When Epsom salt is dissolved in warm water it is absorbed through the skin and can naturally replenish lost magnesium. This magnesium helps the body produce serotonin, which is a mood elevating chemical in the brain.

Magnesium also increases energy and stamina by encouraging the production of ATP – the energy powerhouse of the cell. Bathing in Epsom salt three times a week can help increase your energy, improve your mood and reduce the negative impacts of elevated adrenaline. Use 2 cups of Epsom salt in each full bath.

Eliminate Toxins

The sulphates in Epsom salt draw heavy metals and other toxins from cells which can ease muscle pain and improve cellular function. Adding Epsom salt to your bathwater pulls salt out of your body along with harmful toxins. Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath once a week and soak for at least 10 minutes for detoxification.

Relieve Pain and Cramps in Muscles

If you have sore muscles, migraine headaches or bronchial asthma, you may want to try an Epsom salt bath. It can relieve both pain and inflammation. If you are on your feet all day you may want to soak them in warm Epsom salt. It can also help neutralize foot odor.

For Beauty

Try the following beauty treatments that use Epsom salt:

Exfoliating Facial Cleanser - Mix a small handful of Epsom salt with a tablespoon of coconut oil and rub on your face. Rinse and pat dry.

Blackhead Remover - Add a teaspoon of salt and 3 drops of iodine into half a cup of boiling water. Apply mixture to blackheads using a cotton ball.

Skin Mask - For normal to oily skin, mix 1 tablespoon of cognac, 1 organic egg, 1/4 cup of nonfat dry milk, the juice of one lemon and half a teaspoon of epsom salt together. Dampen your skin and place the mixture on your face – avoiding the eye area. Allow the mask to harden and set for about ten minutes – rinse and pat dry.

-The Alternative Daily

3 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2013
Get ready for some incredible information on how calcium can help with weight control AND benefit your symptoms of PCOS. Check out today's article and enjoy!

CALCIUM AND PCOS

It's well known that calcium helps to create strong bones. But did you know it can also help you improve your PCOS symptoms?

Paired with a regular exercise routine and a balanced, nutritious diet, calcium is a wonderful supplement that will also boost PCOS health by maintaining good blood pressure and preventing your body from creating more fat!

For those women with weight issues, shedding pounds is an important part of beating PCOS. The extra weight causes unnecessary stress on the body and exacerbates other already difficult aspects of the disease. It also increases the risk of more serious health conditions, such as heart disease, type 2 diabetes and stroke.

Calcium is an important aspect of weight control, as was shown by a recent Canadian study. Researchers set up a 15-week weight loss program involving obese women. The participants had consumed on average less than 600 mg of calcium per day, whereas the recommended daily intake is 1000 mg.

In addition to following a low calorie diet, the women were instructed to take two tablets a day containing either a total of 1200 mg of calcium or a placebo. Those who took the calcium tablets lost nearly 6 kg over the course of the program, compared to 1 kg for women in the control group.

"Our hypothesis is that the brain can detect the lack of calcium and seeks to compensate by spurring food intake, which obviously works against the goals of any weight loss program," said Professor Angelo Tremblay, holder of the Canada Research Chair in Environment and Energy Balance. "Sufficient calcium intake seems to stifle the desire to eat more," he added.

Consuming sufficient calcium is therefore important to ensuring the success of any weight loss program. According to Professor Tremblay, over 50% of obese women who come to the clinic run by his researchers do not consume the recommended daily intake.

He and his team have studied the link between calcium and obesity for a number of years. Their first findings revealed that women who consumed diets poor in calcium had more body fat, bigger waistlines, and higher bad cholesterol levels than those who consumed moderate or large amounts of calcium. Professor Tremblay and his team also established a direct link between calcium and a lower cardiovascular risk among dieters.

By eating foods that are rich in calcium, maintaining a PCOS-friendly diet and keeping your body moving with exercise, you can start shedding those unhealthy pounds and begin improving your polycystic ovarian syndrome and overall health.

For more information on PCOS, go to the world's largest and most complete website for women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
 Www.pcos.com

While dairy can have an adverse effect on blood sugar levels and cause acid, consider getting your calcium from vegetables and even a high-grade supplement. Increase your calcium intake today and you'll be on your way to an improved waistline and PCOS symptoms!

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by muma(f): 12:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
@ hopeful, nice info. Thanks dear .
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
@ hopeful, wow! Fantastic info, never knew epsom had those properties. Time to take an epsom bath. grin
Thanks dear
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good evening all, please is it safe for me to take epo? You know am still treating cyste
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 10:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
I finally got my Serrapeptase,Baby&me and EPO.{All thanks to hopeful3}.

@honiepie pls,how many dose of this supplement should I be taking daily? Or should I follow the dosage written on them and also,which day of my circle should I start taking them as I'm already towards the end of my circle. Thanks.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 22, 2013
@Lore,

Epo is taken after af and stopped at ovulation. You can read thru cocodiva's/ honiepie's post. You will also start grape juice with warm water a week before ovulation and stop once u have good ewcm.

Honiepie suggested taking ginger and garlic for 3 days before starting serrepaptase. I am sure she will give you more info on it.

Also, after af you should start the castor oil therapy.

Good luck
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
@hopeful,thanks. Pls as per the ginger and garlic,I'm I going to take them raw or blend them together and can it be done at anytime of my cycle.
I have started the castor oil therapy already.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by onose01(f): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2013
Goodday beautiful mummies. Pls i want to know if any 1 here hs used fertilaid. Hv read so much good testimonies abt it. Pls i want to knw ur take on it.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 22, 2013
@Lore, the castor oil therapy should be after af and you should discontinue after ovulation.

I didn't take the garlic o! Though honiepie suggested taking it with ginger and honey. All I did was I used a juice extractor for the ginger. I put 1 tbsp of it in a cup of warm water and I added 1 tbsp of honey. I did it 2ce daily for 3 days.

Also, before the castor oil therapy, I take some ginger. It has this very relaxing effect when I start the process. I doze off sometimes.

I am sure honiepie will come in soon to clarify everything. I am not a good teacher... shocked

@Onose01, it depends on what you want to use fertilaid for. If you don't have any hormonal issues, I will advice you not to use it so that it won't mess up ur cycle.

When my cycle was messed up, I used vitex and it messed it up the more. After my edmark detox, my cycle has been 30/31.

So like I said it depends.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2013
@hopeful3,thanks. I had already sent a mail to honiepie and she said she would reply later.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2013
@honiepie,thanks for ur response. I think the Serrapeptase is 120,000iu[hopeful,pls correct me if I'm wrong],so can I still take it thrice daily and can it be taken before,during and after AF. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2013
The serepaptase is 120, 000 iu.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by muma(f): 3:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
@hopeful 3 , do you mean dat you drink ginger while doing castor oil?

How are you doing?
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
No, I take it before starting the castor oil therapy,. It was not recommended. I just take it on my own. And I like it.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by muma(f): 5:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
@hopeful , ok dear
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Honiepie24: 6:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
@muma hopeful,lore and everyone else followin my protocol i encourage u to do ginger nd honey combo,u did it as stage 2,right? Pls dnt start d paptase until u do d 3 days blend,its anti inflamatory nd will help in dialating the tubes in readiness for paptase,thats y u must drink it hot.lore i fink u are d only one yet to,i wish us all d very best at d end of dis 6weeks marathon,the lord shall crown our effort wit success,much lov.

2 Likes

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by netprofitt: 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ all, una dey try no be small, theirs always one or two things to learn. It's appreciated
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by LoreTemi3: 7:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
@honiepie,pls kindly explain the procedure in full[ginger,garlic and honey] and should it be taken once or twice in a day.For me to start tomorrow. Please I'm sorry for disturbing you.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hello all,hope we're all good.
@hopeful, vitex doesn't mess up a woman's cycle.on the contrary,it regulates it. It doesn't contain hormones,so there's no way it can destabilise the cycle. What vitex does is to nourish the thyroid gland,which is the master gland for hormonal regulation in the body.it helps this hormone do its work better.already,there is a regulatory pattern with which the body works and controls itself.so all vitex does is to assist.your period has a fix date doesn't mean your hormones are balanced.when a change occurs when you're on vitex,it means your body is adjusting,after a while,it'l balance out.e.g is when you use antibiotics for boils,and more boils emerge when on treatment,it doesn't mean the antibiotics is having negative effect,onthe contrary,its bringing more out for a better treatment.so vitex is not just for irregular periods or hormonal issues,its good for an arrray of women's conditions. You can read more about it.
@onose01, fertilaid is a good product. You can use it. A good number of users have given positive feedbacks about it. Ranging from pcos,endometriosis,unexplained infertility etc. Fairhaven products generally are good. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by Cocodiva: 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
@babe01, since you are using EPO for EWCM, its fine to use it.start from CD1 to ovulation and stop. It contains anti-inflammatories which will work well on your cyst.
Re: Alternative Methods To TTC by babe01: 9:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
@coco diva, thanks dear, i will continue to use it

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

60-Year-Old American Woman Dies In Delta Hotel, Boyfriend Arrested By Police / Chinese Man Dies Of Hanta Virus Infection / Coronavirus: Lagos On Total Lockdown (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.