Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,698 members, 7,882,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:13 AM

Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. (10390 Views)

Olympic Games Qualifier :Equatorial Guinea 2 Vs Nigeria 1 (Full time) / Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games / Nigeria 1 - 1 Equatorial Guinea (Olympic Games Qualifier). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:12am On Sep 08, 2013
Congratulations to them...

adaobi123: You're derailing undecided

Ada beke, is he disturbing you?

You no tell us say today na your bday? Are you a Virgo? grin grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 08, 2013
sage_:

Not exactly, my dear.

Okay
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:14am On Sep 08, 2013
Tokyo is a nice city and i'm happy for them...I hope Maiduguri wins the next one.

But i don't know why cities that i support keep losing out. I remember supporting New York against London and Chicago against Rio. Na wa. I think the Olympics will not go to any US city for a long time because Atlanta 96 just happened some years back.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life: Congratulations to them...

Ada beke, is he disturbing you?

You no tell us say today na your bday? Are you a Virgo? grin grin

Lol. Issokay.

Yes o. Its my bday today. Yes I'm a virgo smiley
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2013
Symphony007: spain is bankrupt, even if madrid won, the citizens will revolt and demand it be taken back...in a country with over 20% unemployment, spending money on olympics is the last thing on their mind.

Spot on! Also, the youth unemployment rate is 40%
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:16am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva: Tokyo is a nice city and i'm happy for them...I hope Maiduguri wins the next one.

But i don't know why cities that i support keep losing out. I remember supporting New York against London and Chicago against Rio. Na wa. I think the Olympics will not go to any US city for a long time because Atlanta 96 just happened some years back.

Not in this life time.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:17am On Sep 08, 2013
Symphony007: spain is bankrupt, even if madrid won, the citizens will revolt and demand it be taken back...in a country with over 20% unemployment, spending money on olympics is the last thing on their mind.
The same way Brazillians are revolting? I don't think zilch will happen had Madrid one cos they have the basic infrastructure to host the games and won't need a gargantuan budget like Rio for example.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:18am On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Not in this life time.
What do you mean? Have you seen the stadium in Maiduguri? It's world-class. Pls let's give credit where it's due.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
What do you mean? Have you seen the stadium in Maiduguri? It's world-class. Pls let's give credit where it's due.

Its not just Maiduguri....its the whole of nigeria. Nigeria ain't ready........yet.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
grin grin grin grin
Is it better than London Olympic stadium?
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Symphony007: 12:21am On Sep 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Spot on! Also, the youth unemployment rate is 40%
funny how you and i were at each others neck with a knife a few days ago on one thread. Now we agree on something. The beauty of life!! Thank you.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Its not just Maiduguri....its the whole of nigeria. Nigeria ain't ready........yet.

Nigeria will be ready by 2028 tongue
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:22am On Sep 08, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin grin
Is it better than London Olympic stadium?
That one na stadium? London dey learn where Maiduguri dey grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 08, 2013
CFCfan:

Hopefully.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

CFCfan:

The truth is that Nigeria has the financial muscle to host an olympic game but we don't have the character. I won't want a situation whereby stadiums will be virtually empty because people cannot pay for sits. I think the Olympic games prosper in countries will a large pull of upper and middle class people.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:26am On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Lol. Issokay.

Yes o. Its my bday today. Yes I'm a virgo smiley

Ahh you're a Virgo, so am I...Two days apart, oya HBD to you.. I will FEDEX your suya to you
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:

The truth is that Nigeria has the financial muscle to host an olympic game but we don't have the character. I won't want a situation whereby stadiums will be virtually empty because people cannot pay for sits. I think the Olympic games prosper in countries will a large pull of upper and middle class people.

More like Nigerians by default are greedy. An average Nigerian can buy a ticket to an even if it's cheap not when it's 10x the standard price.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

Ahh you're a Virgo, so am I...Two days apart, oya HBD to you.. I will FEDEX your suya to you

Lol, thanks manny smiley
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
That one na stadium? London dey learn where Maiduguri dey grin

Oya post the pishure na....

Besides, there's more to hosting Olympics than Stadium, you have to deal with logistics, security, personnel, training, financial capacity, etc. The list is ENDLESS, Nigeria isn't there yet but we will.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Bizibi(m): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2013
SIR KOL!:
2020?? End time tins!!!
abeg na olympics ohh shuuu
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:29am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

More like Nigerians by default are greedy. An average Nigerian can buy a ticket to an even if it's cheap not when it's 10x the standard price.
It's because they simply can't afford. Except the government will open the stadiums to all and sundry. We don't even have an olympic culture to start with as we can't even fill up a football stadium how much more a shooting or Canoeing stadium. We're just not there yet.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

Besides, there's more to hosting Olympics than Stadium, you have to deal with logistics, security, personnel, training, financial capacity, etc. The list is ENDLESS, Nigeria isn't there yet but we will.

Dont mind Afam. He's having a mood swing grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:31am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

What do you mean by that? Does the London police have more security than Bokoharam?
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:31am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's because they simply can't afford. Except the government will open the stadiums to all and sundry.

Afam, I disagree with you on that one o..

No be this same Nigerians wey no dey live under $1/day? Besides, how much does it cost to seat in on an event? Personally, I think the greed factor is a major determinant. Nigerians got the money, and the time, it's just that certain elements would abuse it using greed and bribery.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:33am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

Afam, I disagree with you on that one o..

No be this same Nigerians wey no dey live under $1/day? Besides, how much does it cost to seat in on an event? Personally, I think the greed factor is a major determinant. Nigerians got the money, and the time, it's just that certain elements would abuse it using greed and bribery.
Pls, have you seen the price to seats in the Rio olympics? This is not shoprite price that we'r etalking about. Of course there are Nigerians that can afford it but they're in the minority. The majority can't afford it even if their lives depended on it.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:34am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
What do you mean by that? Does the London police have more security than Bokoharam?

How I mean is that the average security (training, logistics, personnel, development, crime scene handling, response time) etc, on per average, London smacks Maiduguri to the FACE... Shebi isn't it the same London that has the highest Camera foot print per sq.ft? aka the highest number of CCTV installed in a comparable city of its size?
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:35am On Sep 08, 2013
adaobi123:

Dont mind Afam. He's having a mood swing grin

Afam is our brother, so anytime wey e enter mood swing, we go help am... mood swing wahala grin grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:35am On Sep 08, 2013
As far as hosting the Olympic games goes, i think it's one step at a time. We have hosted the "All African Games". The next thing is the commonwealth games which our host city was beaten by one small town in Sctoland. If we can host the commonwealth games and convincingly then we're one step closing to hosting the biggest sporting event of mankind.

1 Like

Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls, have you seen the price to seats in the Rio olympics? This is not shoprite price that we'r etalking about. Of course there are Nigerians that can afford it but they're in the minority. The majority can't afford it even if their lives depended on it.

That Rio did it doesn't mean Nigeria by default should. Like I said, greed is a factor in business. The Olympics Committee don't give a hoot what the host nation charges, they are interested in a comfortable place where the event is held and required infrastructures in place. Rio is trying to make their money, a ticket to an event shouldn't cost an arm and a leg unless you want front row seats. grin grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 08, 2013
If Nigeria were to host the games, there would only be football, athletics, swimmimg and 5 other sports grin
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by Afam4eva(m): 12:37am On Sep 08, 2013
manny4life:

How I mean is that the average security (training, logistics, personnel, development, crime scene handling, response time) etc, on per average, London smacks Maiduguri to the FACE... Shebi isn't it the same London that has the highest Camera foot print per sq.ft? aka the highest number of CCTV installed in a comparable city of its size?
Lol grin I'm just trolling oo. See as you take am serious. Who compares Maiduguri to Abidjan how much more London...it's funny though. I remember the government led by the greedy Northern politicians, wanting to use Bauchi as the Nigerian host city for the commonwealth games without considering these variables.
Re: Tokyo Wins Bid To Host 2020 Olympic Games. by manny4life(m): 12:39am On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva: As far as hosting the Olympic games goes, i think it's one step at a time. We have hosted the "All African Games". The next thing is the commonwealth games which our host city was beaten by one small town in Sctoland. If we can host the commonwealth games and convincingly then we're one step closing to hosting the biggest sporting event of mankind.

They say a patient dog eats the fattest bone, so Nigeria should continue on her path economically and we'll get there with time. Granted there's a transformation agenda going on, but you know how embarrassing it will be taking light at Maiduguri stadium in the night of the opening ceremony? embarassed embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolphins FC Vs Kwara United (0 - 0) On 7th March 2015 / NFF, FIFA, Everton Hails Yakubu At 37 / Mali Vs Equatorial Guinea AFCON 2021 Round-of-16 (5 - 6) pens On 26th Jan 2022

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.