Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,397 members, 7,881,441 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:40 PM

2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference (14716 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka To Buhari, Convene An Emergency Economic Conference / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:

So you have a timing problem Desperation towards 2015 is out in the open for the whole world to see. Jonah is not the one pushing that card. Let's find a way to avert the blood letting coming in 2015. The sooner the better.

Let me attempt to burst your bubble and a bit of your naïveté ....

GEJ cannot with a stroke of pen put life into an SNC....

He need majority support of the NASS to suspend some part of the constitution ...and ensure that the outcome of the constitution can be enshrined into law.

I am not one of those that believe that the SNC is predetermined to balkanize Nigeria....but rather a means to strengthen the union and put the Federalism into proper context....if you think SNC will divide Nigeria....am sorry to tell you that may not happen.

So what am I saying? GEJ need NASS support and currently I doubt if he can muster such political will.

I won't be jumping like a kid with candies in his hand the way you are....if you truly understand the nitty-gritty involved

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Double post.

Nairaland server overwhelmed grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by PapaBrowne(m): 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe:

This is the bottom line. More self-serving antics from a desperate President.

ilugunboy:

Because I know GEJ want to play the usual desperate politics that have come to define his desperation towards 2015.

Why is he now contemplating on the idea....the same idea he once totally rubbished at a meeting with some Southerners. undecided

Suddenly, the grand proponents of SNC are shying away from it. Hypocrisy is a disease.
Wouldn't this be a great opportunity to state your cause. Shouldn't you be looking to take advantage of this SNC you have always craved for.

Its here right now for you to grab, but no you suddenly don't want it anymore. Hypocrisy.

They said Abiola must be immortalised. They screamed and shouted. Then UNILAG was renamed after Abiola and they said never ever.
They said Jonathan is not tough on Boko Haram. He got tough and declared state of Emergency, they said it is political and genocidal.
They said Lagos Ibadan expressway concession should be revoked. It was revoked and reawarded to Julius Berger, they said no no no.
They have screamed about Sovereign national conference since I was in Primary School, then Jonathan shows interest and they say no they dont want it anymore.

What kind of people are these?? This pathetic hatred is consuming basis senses out of your brains. Once again, shouldn't you at least seek to hijack and take advantage of the Sovereign National Conference that is about to be declared. Why are you suddenly scared? Or are you suddenly realizing that you are aligned with the North and the South South and the South East are super united as never before hence and SNC would not exactly pan out as you always wanted it? Seriously, be ashamed and very very ashamed of yourselves, the two of you.

About Abiola, June 12 2013 marked exactly 20 years since that monumental election was annulled. It passed like it never happened without any memorable celebration. The reason was simple. The hypocrisy of the cries about June 12 had been exposed with the rejection of Abiola in 2012. It was a historic rejection by folks who had used Abiola for 19 years to express thier natural opposition to anything that doesn't originate from them. By them, I don't refer to an entire tribe as most of the people of the south west are some of the most admirable people on the face of the planet. I refer to the loudmouthed tribalistic ones who usually run their mouths with a mountainous mix of ignorance and hypocrisy and many of them exist here on Nairaland.

18 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ShineIt: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
This is great and at last resource control is going to be a reality in my life time.

****Dancing Azonto****Ye kparikpa****

****All ma ladies****Ye kparikpa****

****Kukere****Ye kparikpa****

GEJ IS A GENIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by swedbase(m): 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Oh my God!, Yorubas seems to be more afraid of having their own country grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Suddenly, the grand proponents of SNC are shying away from it. Hypocrisy is a disease.
Would this be a great opportunity to state your cause. Shouldn't you be looking to take advantage of this SNC you have always craved for.

Its here right now for you to grab, but no you suddenly don't want it anymore. Hypocrisy.

They said Abiola must be immortalised. They screamed and shouted. Then UNILAG was renamed after Abiola and they said never ever.
They said Jonathan is not tough on Boko Haram. He got tough and declared state of Emergency, they said it is political and genocidal.
They said Lagos Ibadan expressway concession should be revoked. It was revoked and reawarded to Julius Berger, they said no no no.
They have screamed about Sovereign national conference since I was in Primary School, then Jonathan shows interest and they say no they dont want it anymore.

What kind of people are these?? This pathetic hatred is consuming basis senses out of your brains. Once again, shouldn't you at least seek to hijack and take advantage of the Sovereign National Conference that is about to be declared. Why are you suddenly scared? Or are you suddenly realizing that you are aligned with the North and the South South and the South East are super united as never before hence and SNC would not exactly pan out as you always wanted it? Seriously, be ashamed anbd very very ashamed of yourselves, the two of you.

Simple....I've been trained never to believe the words from source I can't verify.....
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
cjrane: Jonathan should not convoke any National Conference. He should learn from history. Those who try to save Nigeria,often die before their time.

Let Nigeria continue to grope around, those that destroyed it will later find out that they need to fix it.

GEJ DROP THIS BAD IDEA OF A CONFERENCE!
Are u serious?
Are u making sense to urself right now?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ShineIt: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
Yorubas and Hausas will be the only people left in the old Nigeria.
Goodluck is a genius.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by gbeseun(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Yes, Nigeria must divide if Jonathan is not reelected

Adopted.. Lets see who gains from this hate game by selfish yorubas and core hausas...

Niger delta will transform into Dubai while Biafra turns into Japan 5 years after the divorce...

Nah that time i go employ my inventive skills..

Continue dreaming,dubai and. Japan abi,nd u never. Start now,we deport u,una still dey cry,oya bow start ur dubai economy now make we see.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by swedbase(m): 2:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Would this be a great opportunity to state your cause. Shouldn't you be looking to take advantage of this SNC you have always craved for.

What kind of people are these?? This pathetic hatred is consuming basis senses out of your brains. Once again, shouldn't you at least seek to hijack and take advantage of the Sovereign National Conference that is about to be declared. Why are you suddenly scared? Or are you suddenly realizing that you are aligned with the North and the South South and the South East are super united as never before hence and SNC would not exactly pan out as you always wanted it? Seriously, be ashamed anbd very very ashamed of yourselves, the two of you.

grin grin grin grin grin grin They are known for Hypocrisy and cowardic

6 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mamiel: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe: I hope, for the sake of the President, this is not true. If it is, then his opponents everywhere will be ready to highlight his hypocrisy and characteristic desperation to actualise a 2015 win to the extent he now cynically turns towards hijacking something he had denied Nigerians the opportunity of exploring in the past as a veritable tool of negotiating a way forward.

Now that the world is collapsing around him, he wants to cynically and divisively rope Nigerians into his desperate fight to stay in office using the same SNC he firmly and uncompromisingly outlawed. Analysts will also not fail to highlight how this is entirely similar to how a desperate OBJ sought to use a fake SNC to rubber stamp his third term ambition.We all saw OBJ desperately spending a fortune trying to fake "the people's backing" for his effort to stay in office longer than is constitutionally allowed.

If GEJ embarks on this desperate journey, a rocket scientist will not be needed to predict that his critics will have a field day showing GEJ to be "more of the same" and worse ala African 'sit-tight' leaders who want to die in power despite being terrible leaders.

President Jonathan, stick to your words for once. Be principled. If Nigeria had "gone beyond" SNC in 2011, after you had just won and felt untouchable, then the same SNC cannot now be needed today simply because you are desperate to stay in office despite blowing the goodwill Nigerians vested in you to become a monumental disappointment behind the worsening of Nigeria's most serious problems. You have unravelled to become exactly the same as the leaders you claimed you were a departure from with your "fresh air" and "transformation" ruse.

http://ipledge2nigeria.com/index.php/articles/news/editorial-weekly/614-president-rules-out-sovereign-national-conference-.html

Dear president GEJ if you or your men by any means read the comments on this forum, please I ask that you do not mind the commentor I just quoted above and the number of persons that may have liked his comment. He has exercised his freedom of speech but does not represent my opinion as well as the opinion of millions of other Nigerians. So if really you are considering convening the SNC pls do as quickly as you can because I and my community have alot to assert before other stakeholders of project Nigeria on what we think our lot should be if this project must remain and as such, the baseless sentiments of the above commentor should in no way hinder that. Besides, now that God may have touched your heart to make the call (which I don't care to know the secret agenda behind why you may be calling for it) who knows when next we might have the opportunity to have it convened if we miss it now. May God not allow the personal issues and personal hatred of a few persons prevail on the good that should come to all Nigerians. Amen!

13 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ShineIt: 2:24pm On Sep 15, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Wouldn't this be a great opportunity to state your cause. Shouldn't you be looking to take advantage of this SNC you have always craved for.

What kind of people are these?? This pathetic hatred is consuming basis senses out of your brains. Once again, shouldn't you at least seek to hijack and take advantage of the Sovereign National Conference that is about to be declared. Why are you suddenly scared? Or are you suddenly realizing that you are aligned with the North and the South South and the South East are super united as never before hence and SNC would not exactly pan out as you always wanted it? Seriously, be ashamed and very very ashamed of yourselves, the two of you.

About Abiola, June 12 2013 marked exactly 20 years since that monumental election was annulled. It passed like it never happened without any memorable celebration. The reason was simple. The hypocrisy of the cries about June 12 had been exposed with the rejection of Abiola in 2012. It was a historic rejection by folks who had used Abiola for 19 years to express thier natural opposition to anything that doesn't originate from them. By them, I don't refer to an entire tribe as most of the people of the south west are some of the most admirable people on the face of the planet. I refer to the loudmouthed tribalistic ones who usually run their mouths with a mountainous mix of ignorance and hypocrisy and many of them exist here on Nairaland.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by slikcipher(m): 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily: Very very Good, thank God Yorubas are going to declare their Republic of Ooduduwa soon.

Yea.... [size=18pt]A Nation of Mud houses and brown zinc[/size].. hehe.... God help you guys.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Kingspin(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Something we suppose done do since.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ichidodo: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Shine It: Yorubas and Hausas will be the only people left in the old Nigeria.
Goodluck is a genius.
It is good for both parties,since they cannot do without each,ofcourse the master is greatly inconvenienced without his slaves, they will both get along very well.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by eddyrymz(m): 2:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Based on d present state of d country, it's obvious d northerners will nt leave any stone un turn to becoming the next president of naija 2015. And I dnt also see any gud thing coming from dier bloody politicians .Hence, snc is necessary to prevent modern day slavery cos dose north folks ( atiku and his cohort ) don't care about us.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by HUGES: 2:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
skyfall: This has to be a joke. I don't believe he has the capacity to pull that off. He'll most likely be consumed by it, due to his selfish reasons. I wish to be proved wrong though.

And children...who told you that an SNC means Nigeria is breaking up?
Actually boss, I concur with you that Joe might likely be consumed by a SNC but I think if he is consumed by it and he respects and honour the wish of the Nigerian people, that is to implement it even though he is crushed in the process, he will be the next greatest leader of all times in Africa after Nelson Mandela,my great Madiba.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
We the people of Niger Delta in alliance with the great people of the land of half of a Yellow sun hereby decree and declare as follows:

Option 1: That 100 yrs amalgamation of 1914 is expiring and we seek to restore pre-1914 quo to advance our Destiny outside of marriage called Nigeria.

In the event that option 1 above is too painful to our 'wives' from the North and West (whom we feed eternally from our resources); we request as pre-condition for continued marriage, not 13%, not 30% but 90% of our natural resources, our wives can also keep their 90% while 10% is reserved for the Federal Government.

This is our pre-condition to remain in this parasitic marriage.

Billyonaire - Oil Prince of Niger Delta.

10 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by PehaKaso: 2:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
Pls can som1 here post d "Map Of The Future" 4 Gbawe & co 2 study & know where they belong after d SNC?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Gbawe: 2:48pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Simple....I've been trained never to believe the words from source I can't verify.....

You have time responding to one of the biggest bigots on the forum and most deceptive character here who is always playing victim. It matters not to these immoral, fraudulent and totally clannish people that GEJ arrogantly dismissed many genuine leaders of their people, from virtually every ethnic group of Nigeria, who begged that Nigeria should convene an SNC to guide a path forward. This was precisely what OBJ did. I.e turn a deaf ear to what many leaders were demanding as a viable option to negotiate the basis of our union

Lo and behold, precisely when OBJ wanted a third term, he convened an SNC where the main agenda revolved around trying to 'legitimise' his third term ambition. This is precisely what desperate GEJ is doing and it does not surprise me it is the same set of clannish, bigoted and untruthful element who lack the innate decency to confront how GEJ arrogantly stated that Nigeria has "gone beyond" an SNC. I guess some are not developed or honest enough to note that a leader's opinion, especially on very serious issues, should not waver like the wind.

Wait and see the reaction of Nigerian leaders in the next few days, if there is any truth to this, to note they will agree with we. We were all here when they all practically begged for an SNC daily only to be repeatedly and arrogantly knocked back by GEJ. They will all see through this U-turn that smacks of desperation and two-faced lack of principles.

Intelligent and honest Nigerians know that it is only leaders interested in conceding power to the people, and decentralising the excessive centre, who would back a genuine SNC. Can one Nairalander, with facts and without flip-flopping, show me a single thing GEJ has done to move Nigeria towards gaining fiscal/true federation in the three plus years in has been President?

Common sense tells intelligent Nigerians that it is not insincere gradualist and hideously profligate Presidents, like GEJ, who will convene e genuine SNC when he had in 2011 "ruled it out totally". We have been down this road before with OBJ and I expect it is the relevant leaders themselves who will come out to express cynicism over this. Watch what stakeholders say and don't bother with the opinion of GEJ fans on NL which is usually driven by bigotry, dishonesty and the pettiness of joining issues with other posters instead of focusing on the substantive points raised.

GEJ arrogantly stated that an SNC is "never" needed because Nigerians can table their requests through their voices and representatives in the upper and lower legislative houses!!! What has changed since he said that? Do we no longer have Senators and reps or is it that followers of GEJ are too dishonest and clannish to admit he is an unprincipled leader who is cynically always doing what is best for his own agenda?

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by PehaKaso: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
[quote
author=Billyonaire]We the people of Niger Delta in alliance with the
great people of the land of half of a Yellow sun hereby decree and
declare as follows:

Option 1: That 100 yrs amalgamation of 1914 is expiring and we seek to
restore pre-1914 quo to advance our Destiny outside of marriage called
Nigeria.

In the event that option 1 above is too painful to our 'wives' from the
North and West (whom we feed eternally from our resources); we request
as pre-condition for continued marriage, not 13%, not 30% but 90% of
our natural resources, our wives can also keep their 90% while 10% is
reserved for the Federal Government.

Billyonaire - Oil Prince of Niger Delta. [/quote]

Wow!!! My people & I do hereby pledge our total support 2 d above post a million times

5 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by petreli08: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hope dis racial hatred is only on nairaland nd not in d hearts of men...cos am scared!!!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by PehaKaso: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
NIGERIA ends in 2014 whether North (Gbawe) & West (Ilugunboy) like it or not. We're reversing bak 2 pre-Almagamation 1914, 2 ur tents evry1

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
PehaKaso: NIGERIA ends in 2014 whether North (Gbawe) & West (Ilugunboy) like it or not. We're reversing bak 2 pre-Almagamation 1914, 2 ur tents evry1

I love that clause 'to your tent';

The tribal bigots are scared to be divorced, yet they deport our people with hate in their hearts.

What an irony.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
swedbase:

Which may eventually brake break up the country

Fixed. cool
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by PehaKaso: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

The tribal bigots are scared to be divorced, yet they deport our people with hate in their hearts.

What an irony.

Spot on, fellow Prince of Niger Delta. Our redemption is here at last. Haters can go straight 2 d lagoon
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2013
Billyonaire:

What an irony.

I thought you owned 45% grin

What's happening? grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ABAKA72(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
Billyonaire: We the people of Niger Delta in alliance with the great people of the land of half of a Yellow sun hereby decree and declare as follows:

Option 1: That 100 yrs amalgamation of 1914 is expiring and we seek to restore pre-1914 quo to advance our Destiny outside of marriage called Nigeria.

In the event that option 1 above is too painful to our 'wives' from the North and West (whom we feed eternally from our resources); we request as pre-condition for continued marriage, not 13%, not 30% but 90% of our natural resources, our wives can also keep their 90% while 10% is reserved for the Federal Government.

Billyonaire - Oil Prince of Niger Delta.
Hahahahahaha, you funny die @Billyonaire. There is a saying that one does not value what he have until he lose it. it's like those your oppressive wives go soon chop sand. Lol!!! libration is at sight, nothing lasts forever brother.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 3:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gbawe:

You have time responding to one of the biggest bigots on the forum and most deceptive character here who is always playing victim. It matters not to these immoral, fraudulent and totally clannish people that GEJ arrogantly dismissed many genuine leaders of their people, from virtually every ethnic group of Nigeria, who begged that Nigeria should convene an SNC to guide a path forward. This was precisely what OBJ did. I.e turn a deaf ear to what many leaders were demanding as a viable option to negotiate the basis of our union

Lo and behold, precisely when OBJ wanted a third term, he convened an SNC where the main agenda revolved around trying to 'legitimise' his third term ambition. This is precisely what desperate GEJ is doing and it does not surprise me it is the same set of clannish, bigoted and untruthful element who lack the innate decency to confront how GEJ arrogantly stated that Nigeria has "gone beyond" an SNC. I guess some are not developed or honest enough to note that a leader's opinion, especially on very serious issues, should not waver like the wind.

Wait and see the reaction of Nigerian leaders in the next few days, if there is any truth to this, to note they will agree with we. We were all here when they all practically begged for an SNC daily only to be repeatedly and arrogantly knocked back by GEJ. They will all see through this U-turn that smacks of desperation and two-faced lack of principles.

Intelligent and honest Nigerians know that it is only leaders interested in conceding power to the people, and decentralising the excessive centre, who would back a genuine SNC. Can one Nairalander, with facts and without flip-flopping, show me a single thing GEJ has done to move Nigeria towards gaining fiscal/true federation in the three plus years in has been President?

Common sense tells intelligent Nigerians that it is not insincere gradualist and hideously profligate Presidents, like GEJ, who will convene e genuine SNC when he had in 2011 "ruled it out totally". We have been down this road before with OBJ and I expect it is the relevant leaders themselves who will come out to express cynicism over this. Watch what stakeholders say and don't bother with the opinion of GEJ fans on NL which is usually driven by bigotry, dishonesty and the pettiness of joining issues with other posters instead of focusing on the substantive points raised.

GEJ arrogantly stated that an SNC is "never" needed because Nigerians can table their requests through their voices and representatives in the upper and lower legislative houses!!! What has changed since he said that? Do we no longer have Senators and reps or is it that followers of GEJ are too dishonest and clannish to admit he is an unprincipled leader who is cynically always doing what is best for his own agenda?

Mr Gbawe!

How did GEJ offend you?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 3:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
ichidodo: It is good for both parties,since they cannot do without each,ofcourse the master is greatly inconvenienced without his slaves, they will both get along very well.

Ndjigbos are the Indians (hard workers grin) of Nigeria. We won't allow you go anywhere. grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by drauj(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Promhize: I wish to see, Yoruba seceed, Igbo seceed and see what will remain of those stupid northerners. Goats in human form, who will vote for them if not them stupid selves.
Watch out . . . u'll b surprised
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ABAKA72(m): 3:37pm On Sep 15, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Ndjigbos are the Indians (hard workers grin) of Nigeria. We won't allow you go anywhere. grin
you dey crazeooo. Lol!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

PDP Chieftains Renew Battle For Chairmanship / Igbos Will Show Gratitude To Buhari In 2019 With Their Votes – Tony Momoh / Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Bags Africa Achievers Award At The Uk Parliament In London.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.