Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference (14700 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka To Buhari, Convene An Emergency Economic Conference / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ichidodo: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Virgin Finder:

I thought you owned 45% grin

What's happening? grin
Haven't you heard? That non-yoruba southerners are responsible for at least 45% of the GDP of Lagos and are indirectly responsible for the remainin %.Now imagine a shift in the location of these folks and the subsequent erosion of the GDP in lagos and economy of the south west in general as a result.Think about consequent chaos,anarchy and gnashin of yoruba teeth. Now i understand the fears of the yorubas, they are starin at OWU breeze (economic depression and poverty).Lagos will quickly revert to a sleepy yoruba village.Calabar, Port-harcourt and other coastal towns will quickly gain from these transfer of people and resources;Thus empowering the Ss and Se regions into confluences of prosperity just like UAE and DUBAI.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

I don't know why you are still allowed to be doing this foolishness in this community...
I cant see him (mis)quoting you or speaking ur mind or opinion,he simply spoke what hes entitled to: his opinion which others might agree to.
@topic,its high time we convened da SNC,those born to rule might just have what they so desire so much that nobody can sleep again...IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SOVEREIGN REPUBLICS..Enough is enough of falsehood n internal colonisation..
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Virgin Finder:

I thought you owned 45% grin

What's happening? grin

Virgin Finder, with due respect to your good name, point of correction;

Igbos-the people from hemisphere of half of the yellow sun, make up 45% of Lagos, if we are to add the population of Niger Deltans to that statistics then I can comfortably say; Biafrans+Niger Deltans make up 60% of Lagos. (I stand corrected).

For your information, we actually own 63% of Lagos Protectorate. If you think am wrong, then you can ask Omonile lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by judemayor: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2013
northerners shuld get ready to bck to their farm.hop d get oil.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2013
Rexxie:
I cant see him (mis)quoting you or speaking ur mind or opinion,he simply spoke what hes entitled to: his opinion which others might agree to.
@topic,its high time we convened da SNC,those born to rule might just have what they so desire so much that nobody can sleep again...IN THEIR RESPECTIVE SOVEREIGN REPUBLICS..Enough is enough of falsehood n internal colonisation..

Shut your trap!

He doesn't have to quote me before calling out his profound foolishness...

person!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by IGBOSON1: 4:25pm On Sep 15, 2013
Promhize: I wish to see, Yoruba seceed, Igbo seceed and see what will remain of those stupid northerners. Goats in human form, who will vote for them if not them stupid selves.

^^^I can assure you that if secession is imminent, the core northern elite would suddenly discover the merits of dialogue, give-and-take, equality of all as enshrined in the constitution, and not being avaricious!

Either that or they can govern themselves in a new Islamic Republic of Arewaistan!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by IGBOSON1: 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2013
eightsin: Whatever will be, will be. . .

But i'd still luv for us to remain one. . .because u fight with your brother doesn't mean u will change ur surname.

^^^Kay sera-sera......the futures not ours to see......kay sera-sera! wink

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Isiterere(m): 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
okpara ugo:

Adopted.. Lets see who gains from this hate game by selfish yorubas and core hausas...

Niger delta will transform into Dubai while Biafra turns into Japan 5 years after the divorce...

Nah that time i go employ my inventive skills..

what a wasted soul! Na until naija break u go use ur skills? Keep dreaming boy .

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 4:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Let me attempt to burst your bubble and a bit of your naïveté ....

GEJ cannot with a stroke of pen put life into an SNC....

He need majority support of the NASS to suspend some part of the constitution ...and ensure that the outcome of the constitution can be enshrined into law.

I am not one of those that believe that the SNC is predetermined to balkanize Nigeria....but rather a means to strengthen the union and put the Federalism into proper context....if you think SNC will divide Nigeria....am sorry to tell you that may not happen.

So what am I saying? GEJ need NASS support and currently I doubt if he can muster such political will.

I won't be jumping like a kid with candies in his hand the way you are....if you truly understand the nitty-gritty involved

The only reason why the NASS will not SUSPEND parts of the constitution, will be because the SW members vote against it. As usual, you will vote against the same things you once championed. Naivety whoa, I will leave that to history. One of your major problems in Nigeria today is the fact, that you have failed to transport yourself and region from the 1970s. This is not the Nigeria of even 10years ago.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily: Very very Good, thank God Yorubas are going to declare their Republic of Ooduduwa soon.
Yoruba people are not in a hurry to leave Nigeria, if at all they really want to. Oduduwa Republic only existed in the imagination of Ojukwu.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
Any Yoruba afraid of SNC is a bastard. We are the ones that has been fighting for SNC since. SNC acronym can be credited to us. We shouldn't let these vultures and ingrates hijack our struggle just to rob it in our faces. If Nigeria breaks through SNC so be it. The North has a relationship of respect for the west after historically long bloody battles. they still have a bully relationship with the east and ss. Nothing in our historical existence says we can't go at a nation building alone.

We have all resources we need to establish and power the continuity of our Yohuuba enlightenment/civilization.

If GEJ wants to hypocritically convene SNC because majority of Nigerians don't like his leadership style, then he should cut off his nose to spite his eyes and see who suffocates.

ND will not include the Yoruba parts of it. that is 80% of Delta and 25% of Edo (That is if the other majority of Edo wants to join SS/SE oil alliance).

Isaac Boro will be ashamed of the crop of Igbo infiltrated Ijaw leadership. Shame shame shame!! Objectivity thrown into the abyss because of corruption.

What has GEJ done for the ND? name it!!!! SAY IT, POST PICTURES!!!!!!

Oba of Benin will not lead his people to into a stillborn of a nation. Dead on arrival nonsensicals. GOOO OOOOOO make una GOOOOO!!!! Nigeria will move on!!! Yorubas will move on, Hausas, Nupe, TIV etc.. WILL move on. Make una goo oooo.... enough of this nonsense sef..

Imagine.!! Where were this SS/SE leaders when some elites including elites from east and south were among those denying GEJ his constitutional position as acting president? where were they?

IJAWS gooo !!! IGBOS GOOO !!! MAKE UNA GOO !!!!!!!!! NIGERIA DOESN'T NEED YOU !!! IJAWS AND IGBOS GOOOOOOOO GO FORM YOUR NATION OR NATIONS!!!!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Earthwide: 5:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
0lumide: Any Yoruba afraid of SNC is a bastard. We are the ones that has been fighting for SNC since. SNC acronym can be credited to us. We shouldn't let these vultures and ingrates hijack our struggle just to rob it in our faces. If Nigeria breaks through SNC so be it. The North has a relationship of respect for the west after historically long bloody battles. they still have a bully relationship with the east and ss. Nothing in our historical existence says we can't go at a nation building alone.

We have all resources we need to establish and power the continuity of our Yohuuba enlightenment/civilization.

If GEJ wants to hypocritically convene SNC because majority of Nigerians don't like his leadership style, then he should cut off his nose to spite his eyes and see who suffocates.

ND will not include the Yoruba parts of it. that is 80% of Delta and 25% of Edo (That is if the other majority of Edo wants to join SS/SE oil alliance).

Isaac Boro will be ashamed of the crop of Igbo infiltrated Ijaw leadership. Shame shame shame!! Objectivity thrown into the abyss because of corruption.

Oba of Benin will not lead his people to into a stillborn of a nation. Dead on arrival nonsensicals. GOOO OOOOOO make una GOOOOO!!!! Nigeria will move on!!! Yorubas will move on, Hausas, Nupe, TIV etc.. WILL move on. Make una goo oooo.... enough of this nonsense sef..

Imagine.!! Where were this SS/SE leaders when some elites including elites from east and south were among those denying GEJ his constitutional position as acting president? where were they?

IJAWS gooo !!! IGBOS GOOO !!! MAKE UNA GOO !!!!!!!!! NIGERIA DOESN'T NEED YOU !!! IJAWS AND IGBOS GOOOOOOOO GO FORM YOUR NATION OR NATIONS!!!!
0lumide: Any Yoruba afraid of SNC is a bastard. We are the ones that has been fighting for SNC since. SNC acronym can be credited to us. We shouldn't let these vultures and ingrates hijack our struggle just to rob it in our faces. If Nigeria breaks through SNC so be it. The North has a relationship of respect for the west after historically long bloody battles. they still have a bully relationship with the east and ss. Nothing in our historical existence says we can't go at a nation building alone.

edo/delta we never have anything to do with d dirty yorubas. a am form edo and edo/delta was formally path of western nigeria and they did everything with the influence of oba of benin to pull out to form Midwestern nigeria, due to the way the yorubas where trying to enslave them. you fools, cowards, betrayers, dirty etc

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:

[s]The only reason why the NASS will not SUSPEND parts of the constitution, will be because the SW members vote against it. As usual, you will vote against the things you championed. Naivety whoa, I will leave that to history. One of your major problems in Nigeria today is the fact, that you have failed to transport yourself and region from 1970s. This is not the Nigeria of even 10years ago[/s].

As usual....you've ended up wasting NL space without saying anything of value.

Why did GEJ now find it germane to be talking about convocation of SNC when all along he has been a staunch opponent of genuine intention at calling for one.

Give me a reason why he has made a U-turn now?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by IGBOSON1: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Billyonaire: We the people of Niger Delta in alliance with the great people of the land of half of a Yellow sun hereby decree and declare as follows:

Option 1: That 100 yrs amalgamation of 1914 is expiring and we seek to restore pre-1914 quo to advance our Destiny outside of marriage called Nigeria.

In the event that option 1 above is too painful to our 'wives' from the North and West (whom we feed eternally from our resources); we request as pre-condition for continued marriage, not 13%, not 30% but 90% of our natural resources , our wives can also keep their 90% while 10% is reserved for the Federal Government.

This is our pre-condition to remain in this parasitic marriage.

Billyonaire - Oil Prince of Niger Delta.

^^^Chei Bros! You wan kill persin be that! sad
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 5:37pm On Sep 15, 2013

Olumide, with all due respect, Yorubas have no land or people in the Old Midwest region or the former Bendel state. We took care of this problem in 1963. Please exclude every part of the current Edo and Delta states from your plans. We rather form a Midwest republic than join with you. But SS will stand strong as the new Nigedelta republic.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 5:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Earthwide: .
edo/delta we never have anything to do with d dirty yorubas. a am form edo and edo/delta was formally path of western nigeria and they did everything with the influence of oba of benin to pull out to form Midwestern nigeria, due to the way the yorubas where trying to enslave them. you fools, cowards, betrayers, dirty etc
Edos are proud people and capable of building their own country, what i have seen and heard of Benin people, they are more intelligent than Yorubas, Oba of Benin even curse Awolowo,

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily:
Edos are proud people and capable of building their own country, what i have seen and heard of Benin people, they are more intelligent than Yorubas, Oba of Benin even curse Awolowo,

Wildly nut...

You are a pest... grin grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by phildon: 5:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
okpara ugo:

I have stopped insulting the northerners. I was going through a report by vanguard which appeared on facebook. Most of the commentators were literate young northerners. I was shocked to discover that 8 out of 10 comments coming from these guys showed a strong support for the Jonathan second term.

The northerners opposing Jonathan are few wicked elites and politicians who are power hungry and perhaps the illiterate minds they can buy with their money...
LIES! No literate Northerner will support continuation of cluelessness.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Wildly nut...

You are a pest... grin grin
Oluku-boy, better take your time, if you misbehave Oba of Benin will Curse you, remember what happened to Awolowo-------(Otapiapia)
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by halavoke: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
swedbase:

Which may eventually brake up the country

Is it nt beta to break dan continue to deceive ourselves as one fake Nigeria?
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:
Olumide, with all due respect, Yorubas have no land or people in the Old Midwest region or the former Bendel state. We took care of this problem in 1963. Please exclude every part of the current Edo and Delta states from your plans. We rather form a Midwest republic than join with you. But SS will stand strong as the new Nigedelta republic.
Mid-Western Region has always been part of the Western Region. Governor Funsho Ambrose Alli of Bendel State, 1979-1984, was a member of the UPN of Obafemi Awolowo.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2013
Wily1Wily:
Oluku-boy, better take your time, if you misbehave Oba of Benin will Curse you, remember what happened to Awolowo-------(Otapiapia)

Are you by any chance related to Mr Ibu....Akin or Pawpaw? grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
eluquenson: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference

THERE are indications that President Goodluck Jonathan may soon consider the option of a national sovereign national conference to douse political tension ahead 2015 presidential elections.

A group of political leaders from the South East and South South geopolitical zones were said to have prevailed on the President to wield it as master stroke that would put a stop to the crisis within the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the current political instability.

The group, made up of hardcore supporters of the President, said immediate convocation of a Sovereign National Conference among the 389 ethnic nationalities, would douse the tension in the polity and cause combatants in the political arena to pause and think as all component groups in the country take advantage of the platform, where the basis of Nigeria’s existence will be “fully discussed and agreed.”

They are also advising the President that, in case his convoying a SNC makes it difficult for him to run for second term in 2015, he should work to hand over to a President from either the Middle Belt (North Central) or the South East geopolitical zone.

The memo, which is receiving “serious considerations” from President Jonathan, also said the SNC is needed to put a stop to the “blackmail and balkanisation” of the PDP, and give the President “the needed Plan B and C whereby he would shame his critics and stop the domination of Presidential politics by any group or region.”

THE GUARDIAN

Haha, definitely Nigeria will fight another Civil War soon cus of this greedy dunces and his advisers. This is the same GEJ that rejected an SNC at least twice earlier now thinking about it because of his own selfish reasons.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
atlwireles:

Says who? A Warri man? Please deal with your Uhrobo and Itsekiri problems. Youre closer to Igbo land--- u got Agbor and co--- enjoy ur union. Theres a reason why the former Bendel State was split up.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Obiagu1(m): 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2013
kingoflag:

Haha, definitely Nigeria will fight another Civil War soon cus of this greedy dunces and his advisers. This is the same GEJ that rejected an SNC at least twice earlier now thinking about it because of his own selfish reasons.

I don't think it is because of his selfish reasons.
I think GEJ has concluded to help Yorubas deport non-Yorubas from Lagos State completely by helping and encouraging them to join the SNC and declared Odua Republic.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mrendowed2: 5:57pm On Sep 15, 2013

How u have become an advocate of the oba of Benin is surprising, How u guys since time immemorial have been begging the edos to become slaves to the north as u guys have become is surprising. the edos say no to that alliance.the edos has always supported, is still supporting and will continue to support ss se marriage.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Wily1Wily: 5:58pm On Sep 15, 2013
ilugunboy:

Are you by any chance related to Mr Ibu....Akin or Pawpaw? grin
I'm telling you the reality, Oba of can see tomorrow, he is more superior than all those Yoruba Corrupt Obas, Benin people have a very rich history and more intelligent than Yorubas, before Yorubas use to be servant of Benin people. When Awolowo tried to challenge Oba of Benin he ended up drinking Otapiapia.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 15, 2013
Earthwide: .

Mr.Man, ure 100% Igbo! I went thru your old posts. GTFOH!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 15, 2013
mr,endowed:

How u have become an advocate of the oba of Benin is surprising, How u guys since time immemorial have been begging the edos to become slaves to the north as u guys have become is surprising. the edos say no to that alliance.the edos has always supported, is still supporting and will continue to support ss se marriage.

Lmaooo at the bolded!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
kingoflag:

Says who? A Warri man? Please deal with your Uhrobo and Itsekiri problems. Youre closer to Igbo land--- u got Agbor and co--- enjoy ur union. Theres a reason why the former Bendel State was split up.
I can boldly say we and Urhobo have nothing in common with Igbo. They know where their people are in Delta State. They are in Oshimili South, Oshimili North, Aniocha North, Aniocha South and Kwale.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by atlwireles: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Mid-Western Region has always been part of the Western Region. Governor Funsho Ambrose Alli of Bendel State, 1979-1984, was a member of the UPN of Obafemi Awolowo.

Did you even write WAEC Sorry, but I have to ask that question.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
kingoflag:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Economic Diversification: All State Capitals To Enjoy Railway Services – Amaechi / Ganduje Drags Kwankwaso To EFCC For Alleged Corruption, Diversion Of Govt / Fresh Cracks In PDP Over Lawan, Goje, Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.