Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,402 members, 7,881,467 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:28 PM

2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference (14719 Views)

Prof. Wole Soyinka To Buhari, Convene An Emergency Economic Conference / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Jonathan Okays Sovereign National Conference, SNC To Take Off Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by cheruv: 12:35am On Sep 16, 2013
All hail the great imperial biafran state with the Yonatan dynasty in place and ebele I as the great emperor.the states are abia,anioma,anambra,enugwu,ebonyi,imo,rivers,akwaabasi ibom,crossrivers,bayelsa,delta,benue and igalaland.the only problem with his dynasty is his shippopotamic QuEen...madam Yona

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 16, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Please kindly exclude us from this Odua dream. Why are we Edos so special like this. People would be dragging us like say na we fine pass.
Oshiomole has never identified with any Odua thing. Oshiomole is the only ACN governor that doesn't pay homage to Tinubu.

Yorubas might have some cultural similarities here and there with Edos but that is simply because of the influence we had over the entire region before the british came thru. And FYI, other tribes have very stronger cultural similarities with us than the Yorubas. And most of these others are in the south south region. Lagos is a different case though as the Lagos Royal family is actually from EDO, just like the Itsekiri and Asaba Royal Families.

Please for the umpteenth time, can you kindly try stop the EDO-ODUA association. I understand that we are very fine and intelligent people and you'll like us in ODUA, but thanks. . . we are fine in SS. We love you back though.

I have spoken as a Bini with Royalty running thru my veins as in IGUN Street things.

Maybe you should speak for just your family and the minors in it. Is it only Igun street? South South ko, Sout North ni.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ijawcitizen(m): 2:45am On Sep 16, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Suddenly, the grand proponents of SNC are shying away from it. Hypocrisy is a disease.
Wouldn't this be a great opportunity to state your cause. Shouldn't you be looking to take advantage of this SNC you have always craved for.

Its here right now for you to grab, but no you suddenly don't want it anymore. Hypocrisy.

They said Abiola must be immortalised. They screamed and shouted. Then UNILAG was renamed after Abiola and they said never ever.
They said Jonathan is not tough on Boko Haram. He got tough and declared state of Emergency, they said it is political and genocidal.
They said Lagos Ibadan expressway concession should be revoked. It was revoked and reawarded to Julius Berger, they said no no no.
They have screamed about Sovereign national conference since I was in Primary School, then Jonathan shows interest and they say no they dont want it anymore.

What kind of people are these?? This pathetic hatred is consuming basis senses out of your brains. Once again, shouldn't you at least seek to hijack and take advantage of the Sovereign National Conference that is about to be declared. Why are you suddenly scared? Or are you suddenly realizing that you are aligned with the North and the South South and the South East are super united as never before hence and SNC would not exactly pan out as you always wanted it? Seriously, be ashamed and very very ashamed of yourselves, the two of you.

About Abiola, June 12 2013 marked exactly 20 years since that monumental election was annulled. It passed like it never happened without any memorable celebration. The reason was simple. The hypocrisy of the cries about June 12 had been exposed with the rejection of Abiola in 2012. It was a historic rejection by folks who had used Abiola for 19 years to express thier natural opposition to anything that doesn't originate from them. By them, I don't refer to an entire tribe as most of the people of the south west are some of the most admirable people on the face of the planet. I refer to the loudmouthed tribalistic ones who usually run their mouths with a mountainous mix of ignorance and hypocrisy and many of them exist here on Nairaland.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ijawcitizen(m): 2:48am On Sep 16, 2013
Billyonaire: We the people of Niger Delta in alliance with the great people of the land of half of a Yellow sun hereby decree and declare as follows:

Option 1: That 100 yrs amalgamation of 1914 is expiring and we seek to restore pre-1914 quo to advance our Destiny outside of marriage called Nigeria.

In the event that option 1 above is too painful to our 'wives' from the North and West (whom we feed eternally from our resources); we request as pre-condition for continued marriage, not 13%, not 30% but 90% of our natural resources, our wives can also keep their 90% while 10% is reserved for the Federal Government.

This is our pre-condition to remain in this parasitic marriage.

Billyonaire - Oil Prince of Niger Delta.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 16, 2013
PapaBrowne:

No sir. I have never seen an EDO man claim Yoruba. But countless number of threads have opened on Nairaland with Yorubas saying "EDOs are with us". I sincerely don't have a problem with it. I actually see it as a wonderful complement knowing that they say that out of Love for the Edos. But what is is what is. The british tried to punish us because of our hostility towards them during colonialism so they lumped us in the western Region. We backed out 3 years later to form what I think was the smallest region: The then western Region.
Now we are happily and content in the South South. Anything short of that would see us form as Singapore-like entity.

As per Benin's bearing Yoruba names, I have two things to say.
1) Not only is the title of the King of Lagos a Benin name, the city itself Eko is a Benin word for camp.

2)Benin and Yorubas intermarry a lot, like they do with other tribes. The result is a mixture of names. I have many Yoruba cousins. And they bear Benin and Yoruba names. Plus how come a lot of ondos bear Benin names too?

Yoruba have not claimed Edo are part of them, at most, they only claim affinity with the Bini, which history has proven in the Ogiso dynasty. Yoruba are not like Igbo people, always attaching themselves to other tribes. I will advise you to learn the difference between Edo State and Edo. There are differences just as there are differences between Enugu and Enugu State; Ondo and Ondo State; Kano and Kano State, Kaduna and Kaduna State. A person from Akure will be making a big mistake claiming he is from Ondo, when Ondo is another town and ethnic sub-group of Yoruba in Ondo State.

More importantly you should learn, just as historians do, to discuss ethnicity without necessarily putting the boundaries of the 36 states into consideration. There are some ethnic groups that cut across different states and geo-political zones boundaries. We have Ijaw in Ondo State (South West), in Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states (South South). We have Yoruba people in all the states in the South West, in Kogi and Kwara states (North Central), in Edo (Sobe) and Delta (Itsekiri) states (South South. We have Igbo in all the states in the South East and in Delta, Cross River and Rivers states (South South). In fact we had Igbo (in present day Oshimili, Aniocha, Ndokwa and Kwale in today's Delta State) people in the Western Region dominated by Yoruba up to 1963 when the Mid-Western Region was created.

So, if at all Nigeria will break, most of the pockets of ethnic groups would have to join their larger kith an kin. This will authomatically lead to adjustment of boundaries that will make the UN come in.

One Nigeria!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2013
ichidodo: Orange,Ibeto,Greenlife,Nestoil,Slok.Oya mention 5 multinational coys owned by yorubas.

Orange is similar to MTN.

Ibeto is not up to scratch.

Greenlife is relatively unknown.

Nestoil is Yoruba owned/dominated. You should have said SEPLAT.

Slok is not up to scratch.

I don't need to mention Yoruba owned multinationals cos you have many relations working therein. You already know them!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Willy4Willy: 8:54am On Sep 16, 2013
papaBrowne you are right,
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 8:56am On Sep 16, 2013
PapaBrowne:

No sir. I have never seen an EDO man claim Yoruba. But countless number of threads have opened on Nairaland with Yorubas saying "EDOs are with us". I sincerely don't have a problem with it. I actually see it as a wonderful complement knowing that they say that out of Love for the Edos. But what is is what is. The british tried to punish us because of our hostility towards them during colonialism so they lumped us in the western Region. We backed out 3 years later to form what I think was the smallest region: The then western Region.
Now we are happily and content in the South South. Anything short of that would see us form as Singapore-like entity.

As per Benin's bearing Yoruba names, I have two things to say.
1) Not only is the title of the King of Lagos a Benin name, the city itself Eko is a Benin word for camp.

2)Benin and Yorubas intermarry a lot, like they do with other tribes. The result is a mixture of names. I have many Yoruba cousins. And they bear Benin and Yoruba names. Plus how come a lot of ondos bear Benin names too?

We Yorubas only claim Edos to be part of us when convenient. When the chips are down, we class/see them as Igbos. tongue
Hence, Edos have learn't to stop claiming to be Yoruba. It does them no good!

Awolowo would have held on to you all if he wanted but chose to let you go. It was his choice!

Please remind me of the title of the Oba of Lagos again? Is it Eleko (Oni Eko) of Eko? That is Yoruba!

Pick up a LASG written history of itself and you'd learn that the word Eko (Lagos Island) is from Oko (farm).

Edos and Yorubas don't intermarry a lot. Stop lying. We are wary of Benin girls. They are a one-way ticket to quick, early death. So many landladies in Benin grin

Please mention Benin names borne by Ondos grin

Most of the Yoruba-named Edos I know are from pure Edo parents. cheesy

Auchi peeps almost come around as muslim yorubas. They almost always bear one Yoruba name and a muslim surname thereby making it quite difficult for us to fish them out. angry
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 9:01am On Sep 16, 2013
Earthwide:
u re a fool. It is some few speaking major Yoruba speaking communities in edo that bear yoruba names not d benins, esan, afeman and rest. so let that suck in ur empty skull ok

Alright. Our Yoruba communities in Edo want to be with their kith and kin in the west. grin
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 9:09am On Sep 16, 2013
Shine It:

The two richest Yoruba men now Adenuga and Otedola made their money from our oil.

The SW and the North would really struggle in your Nigeria without our oil.

Those are the most popular! There are many others wink They are not loudmouths like the Ndjigbos.

An Igbo millionaire will most likely appear to be richer than a Yoruba billionaire. grin

Oil or no oil, Yorubas will make it! wink

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Willy4Willy: 9:32am On Sep 16, 2013
Virgin Finder:

We Yorubas only claim Edos to be part of us when convenient. When the chips are down, we class/see them as Igbos. tongue
Hence, Edos have learn't to stop claiming to be Yoruba. It does them no good!

Awolowo would have held on to you all if he wanted but chose to let you go. It was his choice!

Please remind me of the title of the Oba of Lagos again? Is it Eleko (Oni Eko) of Eko? That is Yoruba!

Pick up a LASG written history of itself and you'd learn that the word Eko (Lagos Island) is from Oko (farm).

Edos and Yorubas don't intermarry a lot. Stop lying. We are wary of Benin girls. They are a one-way ticket to quick, early death. So many landladies in Benin grin

Please mention Benin names borne by Ondos grin

Most of the Yoruba-named Edos I know are from pure Edo parents. cheesy

Auchi peeps almost come around as muslim yorubas. They almost always bear one Yoruba name and a muslim surname thereby making it quite difficult for us to fish them out. angry
Hate them as you like, the end story is Edos are Proud people and more intelligent than Yorubas, HRH Oba of Benin is superior than any Yoruba Oba,
Oba of Benin cursed Awolowo, and the Curse pushed Awolowo to buy Otapiapia
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mcquin(m): 9:59am On Sep 16, 2013
PortHarcourtBoy: Yes, Nigeria must divide if Jonathan is not reelected
Y force him down d throat of ere1? 4 Chrit sake dis is a democracy and there is right 2 elections which he very well has d right 2 contest. If in a free and fair election he doesn't win,is it any1's fault?
I'm 4rm cross river(9ja delta) buh I fink its time we rise above tribalism nd allow d best person lead.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mcquin(m): 10:09am On Sep 16, 2013
ilugunboy:

You sure know how to day-dream

LMAO
leave d dreamer...I'm Efik nd thus 4rm d East buh I luv d strength in Nigeria's diversity and multiplicity...its jst dah Nigeria has ben misruled 4 yrs by d PDP dah is so annoyin. Left 2 me,I wnt 2 continue bein part 2 d biggeSt black nation of d world insted of bcomin smal lik cameroun or Benin Republic
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by mcquin(m): 10:17am On Sep 16, 2013
mars123: SNC doesn't mean Nigeria will break...its to strenghten the unity of the people of Nigeria,and share ideas and opinion on how to move d Nation forward...
1million likes bros...like say al des kolo wen dey cal 4 brk-up prefer smal cameroun,benin,ghana or togo 2 Nigeria...wen u go out,dnt u boast of comin 4rm 1 of d largest black nations Dnt u brag wen smaller nations com here 2 talk...SNC shud b a clamour 4 unity nd devpt as seen in d USA were in spite of tier population is largely united...Population 4 ur inf is strenth even 2 d USA as Obama bragged about it in his last campaign.
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 10:47am On Sep 16, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Hate them as you like, the end story is Edos are Proud people and more intelligent than Yorubas, HRH Oba of Benin is superior than any Yoruba Oba,
Oba of Benin cursed Awolowo, and the Curse pushed Awolowo to buy Otapiapia

Below is your reply

neyobillz:

Stop blabbing nonsense because the more u talk on here,u show how ignorant you are,We Yorubas are over a century ahead of you in all things For example the first yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935.
The 1st T.V station is Africa is in Ibadan
Funmilayo Ransome Kuti was the first woman to drive a car in Nigeria(Im sure the most sophisticated of your women had access to automobiles a century later)
Do u know the Nigerian flag was designed by a Yoruba man
Do you have any idea how many Yoruba men have Private Universities in Nigeria minus the ones owned by General overseer,s and missionaries
The biggest Igbo actors in English Movies are forced to relocate to Lagos at least if they do want to stay in limelight,same for the music Industry.
The amount of multinational companies in Lagos and Ogun State alone dwarfs all the multinational companies in the whole of your south east.
Do u know Osogbo the Osun State Capital is a UNESCO world heritage center of culture.(In other news i heard the roof of the Imo State house of Assembly is leaking and the legislators over there will now use Ojukwu centre,shoudnt that be some concern for you guys)
You dont have any idea what culture is and those miserable looking bungalows to you are part of our history
Do u know the first storey building in Nigeria is in Lagos
Do you know the first higher institution of learning is also in Lagos
Do u know the first skyscraper in tropical Africa is in Ibadan.
Sunny Ade and Femi kuti are the only indigenous Nigerians to have been nominated for the Grammy’s.
Nigerian-born artistes who have won the award in the past are Helen Folasade Adu (who first achieved the success in the 1980s as the frontwoman and lead vocalist of the popular Brit and Grammy Award winning English group) and Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel (who was born on February 19, 1963 in Paddington London). Both are British citizens but of Yoruba descent.
Do you know the world current richest black woman is Yoruba Net worth,$ 600 Million (2012) Is there anyone in the whole of your south east who can dwarf this figure

If Igbos cannot measure up to the Yorubas, how dare the Edos?

You are a mad man! angry
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Willy4Willy: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2013
Virgin Finder:

You are a mad man! angry
But before the white man came, Binins(Edos) colonized Yorubas, who then is greater?

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by VirginFinder: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2013
Willy4Willy:
But before the white man came, Binins(Edos) colonized Yorubas, who then is greater?

Trash! angry

Virgin Finder:

You are a mad man! angry

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2013
mikey2fin: The land of the rising Sun BIAFRA!!

I have a dream, that one day Ojukwu's struggles will not be in vain...

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by ijawcitizen(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2013
The dreams of Major. Isaac Adaka Boro are suddenly coming to reality.

God Bless President Jonathan the Great.
God Bless the great nations of the Niger Delta.
God bless the Republic of Niger Delta!
Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by T8ksy(m): 9:57am On Sep 17, 2013
IMO, what we really need is true federalism with resources control. We are stronger been one nigeria with our huge population but we do also need to understand our differences and harness our diversity to improve our lives. As a yoruba man, am not afraid of going it alone as most of our detractors are claiming here but at the same time, am aware of the benefits of us staying in a truly federalised one nigeria.

Let each region takes care of his people with its resources whilst paying an mutually agreed amount for the maintenance of the center. We are too different in every sense of the word to run a centralised one nigeria-this is what has been the bane of the country.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Jonathan May Convene Sovereign National Conference by Willy4Willy: 9:24am On Sep 18, 2013
T8ksy: IMO, what we really need is true federalism with resources control. We are stronger been one nigeria with our huge population but we do also need to understand our differences and harness our diversity to improve our lives. As a yoruba man, am not afraid of going it alone as most of our detractors are claiming here but at the same time, am aware of the benefits of us staying in a truly federalised one nigeria.

Let each region takes care of his people with its resources whilst paying an mutually agreed amount for the maintenance of the center. We are too different in every sense of the word to run a centralised one nigeria-this is what has been the bane of the country.
No need for one Nigeria, ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

INEC Insists On Card Reader, Discards Incident Form. / I Still Buy Fuel For ₦670 In Benin. How Much Do You Buy Fuel? / Our President Will Soon Become A Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.