Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,848 members, 7,876,242 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:00 PM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (42955 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:47am On Oct 03, 2013
Austine.E:

...if 'igbos are reaping what they have sown',then i think it is on the positive side because the last time i checked,they are the most successful tribe in sub-saharan Africa,their wealth are more evenly distributed,surpassed every other tribe in quality education(nt the amala kind of education),highly commercial,possesses more properties than any other tribe in Nigeria,infact can effectively boast of 60% of Lands in other regions(economist refer to this as neo-capitalism),scientifically and meticulously dominating strategic positions in and out-side Nigeria,systematically re-populated despite the genocide committed against them by Awo and friends and can boast of having the highest or one the highest numerical strength,highly global in nature and has made in-ways in every field of endeavour!..little wonder why Obasanjo's regime gave sensitive positions to this people and GEJ regime making waves economically through they efforts of igbo sons and daughters..i present this with all sense of humility!God bless Nigeria.
Obasanjo's regime gave sensitive position to Igbo? I dey laugh. Sensitive indeed. Why were his ministers, apart from those on information, only women? Baba dey debe them like FFK dey do our national carrier, Bianca.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 11:05am On Oct 03, 2013
and when people migrating from poverty stricken areas to prosperous areas, end up living a better life than the so-called prosperous people domicile in the prosperous area... what does that say of the "prosperous people"?

Well, click on the link below and hear one of them for yourself how they are terrified that hunger is going to wipe them out, unable to purchase common foodstuffs like beans and red oil...

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/19870-pandemonium-as-hausa,-yoruba-traders-clash-over-boko-haram-killings.html

Perhaps laziness as well? Be the judge, my friend.

author=dayokanu]

Even within the same country, Its the same poverty that makes people from Montana and Wyoming move to Texas and New York

Take Wyoming vs Texas, Montana vs New York migration pattern that would tell you without any stats where is prosperous and where is poverty stricken[/quote]
author=dayokanu]

Even within the same country, Its the same poverty that makes people from Montana and Wyoming move to Texas and New York

Take Wyoming vs Texas, Montana vs New York migration pattern that would tell you without any stats where is prosperous and where is poverty stricken[/quote]
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2013
Temporarily

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes Dede1, we know all non-Igbo commentators/writers/witnesses were/are liars. You were with Wey everyday, so you know for certain that he didn't communicate with Azikiwe.

7. Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However, the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria. The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week
of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity"
formed under Prime Minister Balewa.
In the US Diplomatic Archives: Nigeria 1964-1968, the situation was characterized in this manner: "Very
complicated African politics, in which tribes, religions and economics all play a part, are involved in the situation. The Northern Premier is at odds with the Eastern Premier in whose region large oil deposits have been discovered. In the heat of the election campaign, there have been threats of secession by the east; threats of violence "that would make Congo look like child's play" from the north.." At the same time, strong rumors of an impending Army coup purportedly planned for the annual Army Shooting competition were also heard in political circles. But the status quo held, albeit temporarily.

It is very true certain attributes exhibited by humans are inherent in nature. The level of your deceitfulness can not be habit it is character and inherent one. Why did not append the source of the above crap? We know it is from you god, Nowa Omoigui, who had be informed that services chiefs never had such audience with the Prime Minister talk less of the President in such circumstance. My group pointed to the 1963 Nigerians constitution which clearly decreed the chain of command. Service Chiefs only meet with Defense Minister who in turn meets with Prime Minister or President as protocol guarantees. Nowa Omoigui apologized for the error and misinformation he created. This one of series misinformation Nowa Omoigui is noted. Other notable fallacies included Fajuiyi’s crap, only five graduates in Nigerian armed forces and Ewu Na Ebe Akwa.

Sometimes it is very human to use the God given faculty to eschew and verify the veracity of craps written by hack writers such as Nowa Omoigui and Robin Luckham. It is unfortunate few individuals have become tender of “copy and paste”.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2013
Why is it taking ACM10 this long to reappear on this thread, is his mother's village this far? Has she denied him access to the library? Is the book in question missing in the library?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2013
DerideGull:

It is very true certain attributes exhibited by humans are inherent in nature. The level of your deceitfulness can not be habit it is character and inherent one. Why did not append the source of the above crap? We know it is from you god, Nowa Omoigui, who had be informed that services chiefs never had such audience with the Prime Minister talk less of the President in such circumstance. My group pointed to the 1963 Nigerians constitution which clearly decreed the chain of command. Service Chiefs only meet with Defense Minister who in turn meets with Prime Minister or President as protocol guarantees. Nowa Omoigui apologized for the error and misinformation he created. This one of series misinformation Nowa Omoigui is noted. Other notable fallacies included Fajuiyi’s crap, only five graduates in Nigerian armed forces and Ewu Na Ebe Akwa.

Sometimes it is very human to use the God given faculty to eschew and verify the veracity of craps written by hack writers such as Nowa Omoigui and Robin Luckham. It is unfortunate few individuals have become tender of “copy and paste”.

Please see page 222 of Larry Diamonds 'Class, Ethnicity, and Democracy in Nigeria: The Failure of the First Republic.

I guess we can add Larry Diamond to your list of hack writers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have told you to educate yourself but you refuse to listen. Aren't you tired of having your ar.se handed to you regularly by me? Isn't there someone else who can take over from Pa Dede1? I am starting to feel sore from the constant raping I give you. cry cry cry

Perhaps the constitution did not allow for the President to meet with the service chiefs. grin grin grin grin

'The prime minister had already demonstrated his control over the military and readiness to deploy it in the tense final days before the elections. As the confrontation hardened following the election debacle, President Azikiwe made his own play for control of the armed forces. Summoning Army Commander Major-General Welby-Everard, Navy Commodore Wey and Police Inspector-General edet to the State House, Azikiwe ‘is alleged to have pointed out that they owed allegiance first to him as President of the Republic’ and Commander-In-Chief. Anticipating such a claim, the service chiefs had sought constitutional advice, which confirmed that operational command of the three services was clearly vested in the Prime Minister or his designate. Commodore Wey told the President he could take orders only from the Prime Minister. As an expatriate, General Welby-Everard did not wish to get enmeshed in a political dispute and politely withdrew, but then circulated to all his officers an explanation of the constitutional position, in particular ‘to remove the doubts felt by some Ibo officers. Thus the President found that he did not have the armed forces or the police on his side’.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Please see page 222 of Larry Diamonds 'Class, Ethnicity, and Democracy in Nigeria: The Failure of the First Republic.

I guess we can add Larry Diamond to your list of hack writers. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I have told you to educate yourself but you refuse to listen. Aren't you tired of having your ar.se handed to you regularly by me? Isn't there someone else who can take over from Pa Dede1? I am starting to feel sore from the constant raping I give you. cry cry cry

The prime minister had already demonstrated his control over the military and readiness to deploy it in the tense final days before the elections. As the confrontation hardened following the election debacle, President Azikiwe made his own play for control of the armed forces. Summoning Army Commander Major-General Welby-Everard, Navy Commodore Wey and Police Inspector-General edet to the State House, Azikiwe ‘is alleged to have pointed out that they owed allegiance first to him as President of the Republic’ and Commander-In-Chief. Anticipating such a claim, the service chiefs had sought constitutional advice, which confirmed that operational command of the three services was clearly vested in the Prime Minister or his designate. Commodore Wey told the President he could take orders only from the Prime Minister. As an expatriate, General Welby-Everard did not wish to get enmeshed in a political dispute and politely withdrew, but then circulated to all his officers an explanation of the constitutional position, in particular ‘to remove the doubts felt by some Ibo officers. Thus the President found that he did not have the armed forces or the police on his side’.

Intellectual laziness is a disease, worse than HIV/AIDS.

They prefer to believe their make-believe stories handed over to them by their defeated Uncles instead of being studious enough to read.

When their lies and fallacy are being debunked, they will always pick holes in referenced source -- a biased Yoruba man wrote it, a stooge of the FGN wrote that, he is a British and Britain supported FGN during the war so we can not admit that source etc

Dem no dey tire!!!!!

Let them provide verifiable source, na lie, it is always my uncle said my uncle said. If Chimanda could descend so low to be saying my uncle said instead of reading wide to broaden her horizon, how much more some elements on NL. What do we even expect, if Achebe at his age, was writing a distorted story and trying to right the wrong of kinsmen, how should I expect the younger Chimanda to do better.

When you are in your village square, always tell yourselves those lies and the false heroics stunts of your fathers during the war. When you get to the midst of human beings that take their time to read and verify information, learn to put a verifiable referenced source.

Katz, sincerely u really have their time. You have over schooled them.

Can u imagine one saying Ojukwu released Awo from prison. That is the level of lies they have been told and they believed it hook line and sinker.

6 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nuclearboy(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2013
pazienza:
So,can we now blame Ironsi for his power grab and leave Igbos alone? or does Ironsi translate to Igbo in your tribalistic mind?

We don't have to accept igbo account of the story, but a neutral would ask those questions i presented,and so far,non of you are.

if you weren't so angry as to have suspended reasoning, you'd notice thats exactly what i did - blame Ironsi and feel sad that a "tragedy" followed!

it was a sequence of bad choices - the seemingly "selective" killings (my dad was one of the other non-combatants and these felt so bad because they were educated enough (perceptive) to see where the hot-headed combatants missed it) culminating in Ironsi taking over! by 1967, the feeling in the officer corps was that the igbos wanted to break away BECAUSE their take-over didn't suceed (wrong)!

its all just sad and rather than learn, the same is building to happen again today !

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Intellectual laziness is a disease, worse than HIV/AIDS.

They prefer to believe their make-believe stories handed over to them by their defeated Uncles instead of being studious enough to read.

When their lies and fallacy are being debunked, they will always pick holes in referenced source -- a biased Yoruba man wrote it, a stooge of the FGN wrote that, he is a British and Britain supported FGN during the war so we can not admit that source etc

Dem no dey tire!!!!!

Let them provide verifiable source, na lie, it is always my uncle said my uncle said. If Chimanda could descend so low to be saying my uncle said instead of reading wide to broaden her horizon, how much more some elements on NL. What do we even expect, if Achebe at his age, was writing a distorted story and trying to right the wrong of kinsmen, how should I expect the younger Chimanda to do better.

When you are in your village square, always tell yourselves those lies and the false heroics stunts of your fathers during the war. When you get to the midst of human beings that take their time to read and verify information, learn to put a verifiable referenced source.

Katz, sincerely u really have their time. You have over schooled them.

Can u imagine one saying Ojukwu released Awo from prison. That is the level of lies they have been told and they believed it hook line and sinker.

Having not really lived with Nigerians, Nairaland has been an eye opener for me. I sincerely hope most folks are not offline persona is not similar to their online persona. I can't imagine managing workers who are these lazy, don't understand universal conventions, and are just downright unintelligent. How can one person (Dede1) dispute accounts of at least 4 people on this same thread. Pazienza is looking for video evidence of Ironsi contradicting himself (Courts must all insist on video evidence before they convict suspects), another needs to visit the library in his grandmother's village before he can verify the results of elections that are online.

When all else fails, resort to ad hominem attacks. Attack katz because he has the balls to do his own research, conduct his own analyses, and reach his own independent conclusions. One even tried to put words in my mouth. Before I venture to state a fact, I am CERTAIN that I have the evidence to support it. You guys should please advise Dede1 to stay away for some time; I really feel bad for the torture he has received on this thread. And that torture has been served many times on many threads. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nuclearboy(m): 4:28pm On Oct 03, 2013
remark D: You see, there are a thousand and one ways/direction things could have gone with changes in one of the variable/action or the other/reactions...

I am sure you know what is dubbed "in the heat of the moment"... and how, in judicial law/courts, one's action in this "heat of the moment" is looked at and judged differently from actions otherwise - which are NOT in the heat of the moment... i.e. they had no preconceived plan of action.

Keeping that aside, hindsight, they say, is 20/20, we now know what Ironsi did, and what the result of his actions were... so while "watching" this "video" of what did... it is easy... very very easy to judge him and say "He shouldn't have done this/that"...... even more crafty in my opinion, is what Kats has been doing on this forum and this thread, going from the resultant action and cherry-picking those actions of Ironsi that leads him straight to the result of what befell him and others.... (yet, without hindsight.. Kats himself might have done the same things.... )

quote author=nuclearboy]

Was Ojukwu or the Igbo "neutral"? because based on your judgment above, NOBODY should be believed!

I have learnt a great deal more from this thread though I read the Aburi accord, The 5 majors and Why we struck about 30 years ago!

The question that has come to mind over and over is "what if Ironsi didn't take over? In effect, what if Diphcharima had been sworn in thus allowing the coup plotters to have been sanctioned? Would that NOT have saved the Igbo race who ended up with such tragedy, from the fallout of wrong doing by a few people?

Seems to me the desire to save a few of his "boys" cost Ironsi, not just his life, but also the lives of millions in a senseless war!

NOT leadership or statemanship qualities!

Again I agree with you and here make bold to say again that you are guilty of what you accuse the Hausa for - Ironsi acted in the heat AFTER Ifeajuna had acted coldly! Let's be sincere - what would yo think after learning igbo musicians were singing "goats are crying"? At least it is on record thatit got so bad Ironsi had to pass a law against mockery of hausas!

I will NEVER accept that the millions who died before and after Biafra were justifiably killed (it was senseless, barbaric and unfortunate) but you need to connect the dots and see where an animist culture like the north would find it easy to boil following such!

One person has said it all above - ALL THAT WOULD HAVE SOLVED THIS BROUHAHA was the original coup-plotters killing a ranking igbo politician! Failure to do that set the fates against innocents!

Its sad!

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 5:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
Katsumoto:

Perhaps the constitution did not allow for the President to meet with the service chiefs. grin grin grin grin

'The prime minister had already demonstrated his control over the military and readiness to deploy it in the tense final days before the elections. As the confrontation hardened following the election debacle, President Azikiwe made his own play for control of the armed forces. Summoning Army Commander Major-General Welby-Everard, Navy Commodore Wey and Police Inspector-General edet to the State House, Azikiwe ‘is alleged to have pointed out that they owed allegiance first to him as President of the Republic’ and Commander-In-Chief. Anticipating such a claim, the service chiefs had sought constitutional advice, which confirmed that operational command of the three services was clearly vested in the Prime Minister or his designate. Commodore Wey told the President he could take orders only from the Prime Minister. As an expatriate, General Welby-Everard did not wish to get enmeshed in a political dispute and politely withdrew, but then circulated to all his officers an explanation of the constitutional position, in particular ‘to remove the doubts felt by some Ibo officers. Thus the President found that he did not have the armed forces or the police on his side’.

Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However,
the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria. The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control.
While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation.
Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity"

http://www.dawodu.com/omoigui5.htm

Could the paragraphs below explain why Zik did nothing?

Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However, the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria.

The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation.

Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity" formed under Prime Minister Balewa.

http://www.citizensfornigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=45

All of the above came from you, from different sources and saying the same crap from Nowa Omoigui.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2013
The federal structure that existed in Nigeria at independence was dismantled by sectional and sentimental politician from one of the regions. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defense Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity" formed under Prime Minister Balewa.

In the US Diplomatic Archives: Nigeria 1964-1968, the situation was characterized in this manner: "Very complicated African politics, in which tribes, religions and economics all play a part, are involved in the situation. The Northern Premier is at odds with the Eastern Premier in whose region large oil deposits have been discovered. In the heat of the election campaign, there have been threats of secession by the east; threats of violence "that would make Congo look like child's play" from the north...” At the same time, strong rumors of an impending Army coup purportedly planned for the annual Army Shooting competition were also heard in political circles. But the status quo held, albeit temporarily. Army Stand-by during the Western regional Election of October 1965 which led to a breakdown of law and order. Political pressures and recrimination resulting from this exposure finally cracked the façade of political neutrality among some officers exposing deep personal, ethnic, regional and political schisms in the process.

http://apir320..com/

I am not surprised you found another disciple of Nowa Omoigui who trolls on crap. Nowa Omoigui has been an exponent of craps bordering on outright falsehood. Thanks to junkies such as you who have kept such nonsense alive. When Nowa Omoigui opined that there were only six graduates in Nigerian armed forces as of January 15, 1966, every freeloader such as you took it to another level by it the base of their argument.

I am not fazed to see you have added larry Diamonds as one of disciples of Nowo Omoigui. Even the above from
http://apir320..com/ quoted the same thing.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
DerideGull:

Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However,
the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria. The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control.
While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation.
Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity"

Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However, the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria.

The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation.

Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity" formed under Prime Minister Balewa.

http://www.citizensfornigeria.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=34&Itemid=45

All of the above came from you, from different sources and saying the same crap from Nowa Omoigui.

Kats is really really heartless for him to have molested you to the extent of you now posting reference.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
DerideGull:

Kats is really really heartless for him to have molested you to the extent of you now posting reference.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
DerideGull: The federal structure that existed in Nigeria at independence was dismantled by sectional and sentimental politician from one of the regions. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defense Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity" formed under Prime Minister Balewa.

In the US Diplomatic Archives: Nigeria 1964-1968, the situation was characterized in this manner: "Very complicated African politics, in which tribes, religions and economics all play a part, are involved in the situation. The Northern Premier is at odds with the Eastern Premier in whose region large oil deposits have been discovered. In the heat of the election campaign, there have been threats of secession by the east; threats of violence "that would make Congo look like child's play" from the north...” At the same time, strong rumors of an impending Army coup purportedly planned for the annual Army Shooting competition were also heard in political circles. But the status quo held, albeit temporarily. Army Stand-by during the Western regional Election of October 1965 which led to a breakdown of law and order. Political pressures and recrimination resulting from this exposure finally cracked the façade of political neutrality among some officers exposing deep personal, ethnic, regional and political schisms in the process.

http://apir320..com/

I am not surprised you found another disciple of Nowa Omoigui who trolls on crap. Nowa Omoigui has been an exponent of craps bordering on outright falsehood. Thanks to junkies such as you who have kept such nonsense alive. When Nowa Omoigui opined that there were only six graduates in Nigerian armed forces as of January 15, 1966, every freeloader such as you took it to another level by it the base of their argument.

I am not fazed to see you have added larry Diamonds as one of disciples of Nowo Omoigui. Even the above from
http://apir320..com/ quoted the same thing.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Larry Diamond, a distinguished Stanford professor is a hack.

Robert Grant, Professor at University of Chicago is a hack

Robin Luckham is a hack

Norman Miners is also a hack

Can you see a pattern here Dede1? Everyone is a hack but you, the embodiment of all universal knowledge. grin grin grin grin

It is time to rest Pa Dede1.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 5:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
Mafia Man:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
DerideGull:

This old man. Ure like a mouthy boxer that got knocked out in the 5th round, woke up from his left hook induced coma in what would've been the 9th round (after even the spectators have left the arena) and starts insisting that the fight continue. Dude, u lost. U provided no evidence or logical rebuttal. Its ok to eat humble pie, it doesn't make you less of a man.

6 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Aedesmuskeeto: 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2013
nuclearboy:

Again I agree with you and here make bold to say again that you are guilty of what you accuse the Hausa for - Ironsi acted in the heat AFTER Ifeajuna had acted coldly! Let's be sincere - what would yo think after learning igbo musicians were singing "goats are crying"? At least it is on record thatit got so bad Ironsi had to pass a law against mockery of hausas!

I will NEVER accept that the millions who died before and after Biafra were justifiably killed (it was senseless, barbaric and unfortunate) but you need to connect the dots and see where an animist culture like the north would find it easy to boil following such!

One person has said it all above - ALL THAT WOULD HAVE SOLVED THIS BROUHAHA was the original coup-plotters killing a ranking igbo politician! Failure to do that set the fates against innocents!

Its sad!
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by oilyngbati(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2013
kingoflag: This old man. Ure like a mouthy boxer that got knocked out in the 5th round, woke up from his left hook induced coma in what would've been the 9th round (after even the spectators have left the arena) and starts insisting that the fight continue. Dude, u lost. U provided no evidence or logical rebuttal. Its ok to eat humble pie, it doesn't make you less of a man.
hahaha! grin grin bkbabe69 aka batty man aka kingofaggot, yar.iba terrorists
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 8:48pm On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Your response just clearly showed your case is beyond redemption. It is either you ran away from Aro or you are a strong candidate for it, just yet to be identified by the management of Aro.

I can't be joining issues with a deranged rabid dog that lack substance and cannot even do the simplest thing on the net. Again, search for the info, it will stare you in the face and get back to me.

Yorubas are being scorned. I laff in mandarin. And Ibos are loved from Kano to Ogoja, Maiduguri to Epe and Bida to Mubi. This ewu never cease to amuse me. The souls of the dead you have sent to the world beyond before their time through your fake drugs, robbery,kidnapping, money rituals, hard drugs and blood thirst for war and power can never make even a maggot to display the slightest affection for you.

He is going to work with his toothpick leg on. Yorubaland and he is not even ashamed. Your office should have been in Aba and let osisikankwu successor, or what his name, use your ransome for his breakfast meal. That is how worthless your head is.

You mentioned shady character and even your kinsmen will tell you, bros, you passed your boundary there. I won't respond on that out of respect for some of you. I would have used the whole day to lecture you, your forefathers and your generations yet unborn on your shady character. Next time check up the meaning of words before usage. Ode Oshi.

Filth -- lol. The simple question is, Onitsha and Aba are in Yorubaland? Answer that 1st before I unleash my scud missiles on that on you.

They were lynched up north and we took control of the business from them in retaliation. That is not giving false and endless ultimatum and beating of chest that does not amount to anything. Now the Hausas travel and bring the beans by themselves, therefore we have eliminated the risk of putting the lives of our kindred in danger. We value lives more than money-- sho gbo omo Y-ibo.

Abeg STFU I'm waiting for you to prove that igbos are on the receiving end up north instead we see yet another acre of self consoling, feel among troll shyte. Pathetic pastime for a man your age. At least you have agreed that yoruba ppl were lynched instead of trying to deflect from the truth with trash talk about idi-araba.

Your retinue of SW tin-gods with prison records or awaiting trial is no secret so posting the usual rhetoric that you have been bred to recite doesn't impress anyone. Your kind are known for pioneering crime, double speak, thuggery, shameless fluidity and moral decadence. If u like go and hang yourself because tomorrow morning your fellow drug addict yoruba bros will beg to wash my car in LAGOS and collect small tin after.

Igbos of today have street cred while puzzies like you get beheaded over beans.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

Abeg STFU I'm waiting for you to prove that igbos are on the receiving end up north instead we see yet another acre of self consoling, feel among troll shyte. Pathetic pastime for a man your age. At least you have agreed that yoruba ppl were lynched instead of trying to deflect from the truth with trash talk about idi-araba.

Your retinue of SW tin-gods with prison records or awaiting trial is no secret so posting the usual rhetoric that you have been bred to recite doesn't impress anyone. Your kind are known for pioneering crime, double speak, thuggery, shameless fluidity and moral decadence. If u like go and hang yourself because tomorrow morning your fellow drug addict yoruba bros will beg to wash my car in LAGOS and collect small tin after.

Igbos of today have street cred while puzzies like you get beheaded over beans.

Your case is pathetic. You brain just finally booted after 12hours.

I don't have your time lazy chest beating and always boasting on empty little he has. See, I can tell you with all Glory to God, that I and my household are blessed. So shut your mouth forever on telling us Ibos are wealthy.
They are wealthy and they are selling orbit and gala inside traffic. Idiot of the highest order. You are not ashamed to.leave your poverty stricken alaigbo for Canaan land where milk and honey flows. We have definitely done alot in your life. Our land offered you the small job you are hustling to make ends meet, if dem born your father well, go to alaigbo and pick a job there. Osisikankwu will use your head to eat akpu. Where is even the job in their poverty ravaged backward and mudslide stricken land.

Still do the assignment I sent u and my deranged rabid dog get back to mii, omo lasan ekeji aja

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Your case is pathetic. You brain just finally booted after 12hours.

I don't have your time lazy chest beating and always boasting on empty little he has. See, I can tell you with all Glory to God, that I and my household are blessed. So shut your mouth forever on telling us Ibos are wealthy.
They are wealthy and they are selling orbit and gala inside traffic. Idiot of the highest order. You are not ashamed to.leave your poverty stricken alaigbo for Canaan land where milk and honey flows. We have definitely done alot in your life. Our land offered you the small job you are hustling to make ends meet, if dem born your father well, go to alaigbo and pick a job there. Osisikankwu will use your head to eat akpu. Where is even the job in their poverty ravaged backward and mudslide stricken land.

Still do the assignment I sent u and my deranged rabid dog get back to mii, omo lasan ekeji aja

Some of us lead busy lives doing important things in our respective fields of endeavour while 50 year old failures like your good self stay online looking to impress your childrens mates with fancy word play while waiting for your old mothers to feed you with amala and shawa at the end of the day. We see a lot of that in your place so I'm not surprised.

Just to indulge you a little "your land" has nothing to do with my company. As a matter of fact if my company leaves your land many of the hustlers pan handling at our gates would revert to the profession of your fathers in the form of fraud, cocaine trafficking, hemp smoking and robbery a la oyenusi and shina rambo (the pioneers lol!)

If dem born your rotting forefathers well I dare you lot to tell non indigenous owned company to take their tax money away and see how that pans out. Yorubas aint built shit but an empire of grown men running after buses in their funky green and white uniforms holding canes in their hands for N20

Once again. STFU and prove your wide mouthed yoruba baboon bellowing about igbos being on the receiving end of violence in the north. You can't dodge the truth forever.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 11:01pm On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

Some of us lead busy lives doing important things in our respective fields of endeavour while 50 year old failures like your good self stay online looking to impress your childrens mates with fancy word play while waiting for your old mothers to feed you with amala and shawa at the end of the day. We see a lot of that in your place so I'm not surprised.

Just to indulge you a little "your land" has nothing to do with my company. As a matter of fact if my company leaves your land many of the hustlers pan handling at our gates would revert to the profession of your fathers in the form of fraud, cocaine trafficking, hemp smoking and robbery a la oyenusi and shina rambo (the pioneers lol!)

If dem born your rotting forefathers well I dare you lot to tell non indigenous owned company to take their tax money away and see how that pans out. Yorubas aint built shit but an empire of grown men running after buses in their funky green and white uniforms holding canes in their hands for N20

Once again. STFU and prove your wide mouthed yoruba baboon bellowing about igbos being on the receiving end of violence in the north. You can't dodge the truth forever.

Your imbecility knows no bound. His company will relocate to alaigbo (Wonders shall never end!!), Where even the gateman shall be kidnapped, talkless of you that will be used for money rituals. Due to your moronic ranting, any ritualist that kidnap you for money making is just wasting his time. The best your akpu filled Igbo can come up with is cowries.
We dare you to carry your hopeless company to alaigbo. If your company survives after 48hrs, we will give your hopeless company, that did not allow you to reply for 12hours, tax exemption of 10years. You think is your miserable life that is making our land to flow with milk and honey. It is the foresight and vision, exemplary leadership, astute planning and meticulous execution of plans of our own forefathers that made it so, while your own forefathers were busy caressing Your mortal pestle called igbunnike and scheming on how to kill leaders of other regions. If that was even coming from a person that hails from a prosperous land, I can even agree, but not from a bus jumping hustler like you.
I am more than assured that your igunnuko forefathers told you the azonto the mallos danced on your mama in your hamlet, during the war, gave birth to your miserable life. No wonder your brain is equals to that of a cockroach.

He lives busy life and the next thing him and his like will be telling us is they have bought the whole of Lagos and he is busy hustling while me and my likes making cool pay, smiling to bank and thanking our God without beating our chest. Forward your application omo alainironu and lemme consider your miserable predicament to save you from abject poverty that has bedeviled your lineage. No wonder he is seeing it as a privilege coming to small London of lagos. Omo jati jati

It's better for us to be running after buses than standing on the highway to rob people, selling fake drugs that wil kill people, kidnapping people, using people for money rituals and trafficking hard drugs. The last time I checked, govt has not enact a law to ban running after buses and NURTW association is not complaining. Wetin come be your own o saliu elenu gboro. Or you want to tell the world, all the listed crimes against your race are permissive under law too, because there is nothing we won't hear from your diarrhoeic mouth. For every Shina Rambo or oyelusi, the whole world knows you have produced thousands of them. Other ethnic groups are contributing to the GDP of the nation, the best they can contribute is crime. Olodo aye ati orun. Afofun gbemu!!!!

Still run my errand he-goat and get back to me. Chest beating gorilla from jungle of alaigbo!! The most covetous people on planet earth. They claim they make other people's land prosperous while theirs lie and wallow in abject poverty. That is still an abracadabra to the whole world.

5 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by topazjosh(m): 11:10am On Oct 04, 2013
slimghost:
So it was no longer a power grab coup by igbos?. Hahahahahahaha. Who even listens to this guy? Smh
this dude na mumu 4 real,u don't have evident to prove your claims yet you are trying to derail others views,meanwhile with all the different accounts we have here I think most readers now know better,ibo caused the whole tribal ishhh!,the first (attempt)coup is actually elaborate more,meanwhile ezeogwu/a Ssoutherner and other yorubas were involved but the real motives was right in the back of the mind of the igbo soldiers,meanwhile during ironsi regime,we all know how igbo take over the civil service and other form of goverment.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by funnyx(m): 12:42pm On Oct 04, 2013
What a thread! Once again kudos to Katsumoto, the only NL member I'll love to meet in real life.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by DerideGull(m): 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Larry Diamond, a distinguished Stanford professor is a hack.

Robert Grant, Professor at University of Chicago is a hack

Robin Luckham is a hack

Norman Miners is also a hack

Can you see a pattern here Dede1? Everyone is a hack but you, the embodiment of all universal knowledge. grin grin grin grin

It is time to rest Pa Dede1.

There is no doubt deceitfulness is inherent. It is equally good to have debated you on NL which has reinforced my first hand experience of deceit from certain group of people in Nigeria. The Robin Luckham’s book has been delivered to my desk and the first dead giveaway is the title of the book. I made sure the booksellers supplied the hardcopy.

The group I belonged had settled some issues with Nowa Omoigui and equally exposed his fallacies beyond the pale of redemption. Only a fool will applaud you when you do what you best, copy and paste conjectural craps lifted from Nowa Omoigui series of fictional essays.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 1:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
DerideGull:

There is no doubt deceitfulness is inherent. It is equally good to have debated you on NL which has reinforced my first hand experience of deceit from certain group of people in Nigeria. The Robin Luckham’s book has been delivered to my desk and the first dead giveaway is the title of the book. I made sure the booksellers supplied the hardcopy.

The group I belonged had settled some issues with Nowa Omoigui and equally exposed his fallacies beyond the pale of redemption. Only a fool will applaud you when you do what you best, copy and paste conjectural craps lifted from Nowa Omoigui series of fictional essays.

Don't take it too hard Dede1. grin grin grin grin grin

I am glad you have obtained the book; now read to increase your knowledge so that you can avoid such beat downs in the future.

As for copy and paste comment, I copy and paste sections of books and articles that I have read to provide facts and support my position.

When will you and your brothers start reading so that you can also 'copy and paste'?

If we were in court, a judge would have jailed you for wasting his/her time.

5 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 2:32pm On Oct 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

Don't take it too hard Dede1. grin grin grin grin grin

I am glad you have obtained the book; now read to increase your knowledge so that you can avoid such beat downs in the future.

As for copy and paste comment, I copy and paste sections of books and articles that I have read to provide facts and support my position.

When will you and your brothers start reading so that you can also 'copy and paste'?

If we were in court, a judge would have jailed you for wasting his/her time.

Also advise him to read with an open mind not from a defensive point of view.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Also advise him to read with an open mind not from a defensive point of view.

That's going to be hard for Dede1. Without opening the book, he already has issues with the title.

What is wrong with this title - 'The Nigerian Military - A Sociological Analysis of Authority & Revolt 1960-1967'?

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
For those who don't understand the process of forming governments and think AG was double dealing by approaching NCNC and NPC, please see below for how it is done in the world. If you don't have basic understanding of politics, then stay out of it.

Merkel Germany: Delicate coalition talks begin

Talks on forming a new German coalition btw Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives and their main leftist rivals are under way in Berlin.

Her Christian Democrats (CDU) fell just short of an outright majority @ last month's polls, when their liberal partner won no seats at all.

7 leading figures from the CDU are meeting seven counterparts from the Social Democrats (SPD).

D SPD is seen as their likeliest new partner despite sharp differences.

Also present at the talks are seven members of Mrs Merkel's Bavarian allies, the Christian Social Union.

Key issues are taxation and a proposed national minimum wage.

If a grand coalition is forged by the two main parties, like the one Mrs Merkel led in 2005, it faces the twin tasks of rebalancing the eurozone's biggest economy and winning the support of the German public to tackle the eurozone's debt and banking problems.

Keeping its options open, Mrs Merkel's party is also holding preliminary talks next week with the Greens (another party).

At the election on 22 September, the CDU took about 41.5% of the vote, the SPD won 26%, the Greens 8.4%, and the former communist Left Party 8.6%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24398772

P.S I changed some words to avoid the spambot

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by naptu2: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2013
Katsumoto: For those who don't understand the process of forming governments and think AG was double dealing by approaching NCNC and NPC, please see below for how it is done in the world. If you don't have basic understanding of politics, then stay out of it.

Merkel Germany: Delicate coalition talks begin

Talks on forming a new German coalition btw Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives and their main leftist rivals are under way in Berlin.

Her Christian Democrats (CDU) fell just short of an outright majority @ last month's polls, when their liberal partner won no seats at all.

7 leading figures from the CDU are meeting seven counterparts from the Social Democrats (SPD).

D SPD is seen as their likeliest new partner despite sharp differences.

Also present at the talks are seven members of Mrs Merkel's Bavarian allies, the Christian Social Union.

Key issues are taxation and a proposed national minimum wage.

If a grand coalition is forged by the two main parties, like the one Mrs Merkel led in 2005, it faces the twin tasks of rebalancing the eurozone's biggest economy and winning the support of the German public to tackle the eurozone's debt and banking problems.

Keeping its options open, Mrs Merkel's party is also holding preliminary talks next week with the Greens (another party).

At the election on 22 September, the CDU took about 41.5% of the vote, the SPD won 26%, the Greens 8.4%, and the former communist Left Party 8.6%.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24398772

P.S I changed some words to avoid the spambot

AIT had a special Independence Day programme sometime in the early 2000s. The guests were Odia Ofeimun and MCK Ajuluchukwu.

Odia said that Chief Awolowo had written to Azikiwe with a proposal tha Zik should be the Head of State, who would take care of the political structure and issues in Nigeria, while he serves as Prime Minister to manage the economy. Odia claimed that Zik responded and accepted Awo's proposal. He claimed that Zik wanted to implement that proposal during the constitutional crisis. He said that there were copies of the letters in Nigeria, but he believes that Nigerian officials have destroyed them, but that there are still copies in the British Library.

M.C.K Ajuluchukwu laughed and said that Odia was talking about what he read. He claimed that he (Ajuluchukwu) was at State House Marina when Zik agreed to Awo's proposal. He claimed that General Welby-Everard deployed soldiers to surround State House and that Zik was forced to replace the speech that he had written (in which he invited Awo to form a coalition government) with another in which he invited Balewa to form the government. Ajuluchukwu stated that, in his opinion, that was the first coup in Nigeria's history.

I wish I had the tape of that show.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Katsumoto: 3:45pm On Oct 04, 2013
naptu2:

AIT had a special Independence Day programme sometime in the early 2000s. The guests were Odia Ofeimun and MCK Ajuluchukwu.

Odia said that Chief Awolowo had written to Azikiwe with a proposal tha Zik should be the Head of State, who would take care of the political structure and issues in Nigeria, while he serves as Prime Minister to manage the economy. Odia claimed that Zik responded and accepted Awo's proposal. He claimed that Zik wanted to implement that proposal during the constitutional crisis. He said that there were copies of the letters in Nigeria, but he believes that Nigerian officials have destroyed them, but that there are still copies in the British Library.

M.C.K Ajuluchukwu laughed and said that Odia was talking about what he read. He claimed that he (Ajuluchukwu) was at State House Marina when Zik agreed to Awo's proposal. He claimed that General Welby-Everard deployed soldiers to surround State House and that Zik was forced to replace the speech that he had written (in which he invited Awo to form a coalition government) with another in which he invited Balewa to form the government. Ajuluchukwu stated that, in his opinion, that was the first coup in Nigeria's history.

I wish I had the tape of that show.

Interesting but that must have been in 1960 because during the constitutional crisis in 1965, after the 1964 election, NCNC and AG were in alliance but couldn't muster a majority and secondly, Awo was in prison. There was simply no way for NCNC to form a government in 1964/64 but NCNC could have formed a coalition with AG in 1959/60.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Lagos Airport Suicide Bomber In Picture / 15 Senators That May Not Return To The Senate In 2019 / Dogara Perfects Last-minute Defection, Continues APC Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.