Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,881 members, 7,876,355 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (42958 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
Italiano1:

I dont understand your post tbf.

Where have you seen Yorubas kill any other tribe in Nigeria? We are peace loving people and very welcoming! Even the most tribalistic of your people cannot deny that fact!

Funny enough, your people call us cowards because we give you opportunities in the SW, take all your BS and try to resolve issues with you when any acrimony arises. Before you start going all emotional, the reality is that ibos have settled in the SW, some speak better Yoruba than I do and we let you do your business without harassing you but how do you react- typical ibo attitude of short-termism and pride. Your eddiot leader - Orji kalu had the effrontery to call Lagos a no man's land and this has been repeated by your people- even on NL

Can you try same in the North? You dare not! That is my point! Why do respect people that treat you with disdain and hate and disrespect people that welcome you and give you opportunities you wont get in your lands?

My interpretation is that a lot of your people are covetous and greedy! You suck at relationship building, you are myopic and play the victim card relentlessly and carelessly. The same privileges you can never give others, you expect from everyone you come in contact with.

......... and they want to occupy Aso Rock too.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 9:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Katsumoto:

It is curious that Zik called on the military to enforce his authority; why not the attorney general? Or the courts for proper interpretation?

It is no surprise that Zik was drinking Rum in the Caribbean as his colleagues were taking bullets from his errand boys.

So, all along the power thirsty, ibo greedy frog called Zik was angling for power illegally? This is new to me. The picture is now very clear and final puzzle pieced together.

Zik wanted power at all cost and when he couldn't get it, he hired his cousin to eliminate his opponents while he was chilling with strippers in Caribbean under the guise of medical excursion. Little wonders he refused coming back by December to attend one of the most important occasion in the history of Nigeria. After the coup, he automagically became alright. How can any sane person defend this?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, Sir. Katsumoto

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 02, 2013
See Yorubas now trying to create lies abt Zik. If we meant harm 4 u Y did Ojukwu spare Awo?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 10:04pm On Oct 02, 2013
Italiano1:

I watched a speech by Sarduana and I see why the Hausas have very little regard for ibos, they see them as flies that they can exterminate without any consequence whatsoever.

Some eeddiot here said that Lagos is a no man's land- I dare them to say same in Abuja if there wont be an increase in casket sales in alaibo.

Trash! Northerners kill their own handsome share of yoruba ppl when they can lay their hands on them. Besides when last did you hear that hausa mobs killed any igbos even in the heat of this insurgency. Igbos far north are equipped to handle any northern mobs. When last did u hear of any lynchings of igbos. Dem dey blood thirsty but dem no dey craze.

Sorry u have to abort your wet dreams of igbo lives being taken cheaply. Game don change

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:09pm On Oct 02, 2013
russellino:

Trash! Northerners kill their own handsome share of yoruba ppl when they can lay their hands on them. Besides when last did you hear that hausa mobs killed any igbos even in the heat of this insurgency. Igbos far north are equipped to handle any northern mobs. When last did u hear of any lynchings of igbos. Dem dey blood thirsty but dem no dey craze.

Sorry u have to abort your wet dreams of igbo lives being taken cheaply. Game don change

Are you in Nigeria at all. Call the chairman of your association in Kano, he will give you a up to date statistics. Keep living in your disillusion.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 02, 2013
D mallams kill yorubas wen dey can lay their gands on dem. D only reason why d Igbo takes d higher casyalties is because our number up north is more dan dat of d Yoruba.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Are you in Nigeria at all. Call the chairman of your association in Kano, he will give you a up to date statistics. Keep living in your disillusion.

What type of cheap trash talk is "call my association"? The last time northerners tried that mess with their mobs they were soundly beaten back. Igbos are no longer the cheap targets they were decades ago.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 02, 2013
Web dey start their riots d only ppl dey spare are northetn muslims. Northern Christainad nd Southerners are attacked nd their properties destroyed.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
russellino:

What type of cheap trash talk is "call my association"? The last time northerners tried that mess with their mobs they were soundly beaten back. Igbos are no longer the cheap targets they were decades ago.

Keep deceiving yourself. Place a call to your Ndigbo Chairman in Kano, he will give u the updated figure he is always arguing with security agency over.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
Web dey start their riots d only ppl dey spare are northetn muslims. Northern Christainad nd Southerners are attacked nd their properties destroyed.

At least with their madness, you can tell them the most cosmopolitan town in the north, Kaduna, is not a no man's land. That is the language you understand.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
I hav lived in d north b4. Even d Yoruba muslims flee to take refuge where siutherners are. Mallam has no special love for Yoruba, wen dey start their riot it is madness.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 10:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
D mallams kill yorubas wen dey can lay their gands on dem. D only reason why d Igbo takes d higher casyalties is because our number up north is more dan dat of d Yoruba.

When last did you hear that northerners with guns, cutlasses or cudgels attacked igbo ppl anyhow. Igbos up north now live in areas dominated by igbos and other southern tribes. If dem born dem well make dem enter. Before it used to be igbos but it became too costly so they now face soft targets like youth corpers and comedians here are gloating over what they are ignorant about
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 02, 2013
[quote
author=papparatzzi2013]

At least with their madness, you can tell them the most cosmopolitan
town in the north, Kaduna, is not a no man's land. That is the language
you understand.[/quote]

Their killings affect all siutherners including Yorubas, if u think I am lyinv confirm frm those still there.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

Their killings affect all siutherners including Yorubas, if u think I am lyinv confirm frm those still there.

It will definitely affect wanderers more than the sons and daughters of odua.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 10:24pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
I hav lived in d north b4. Even d Yoruba muslims flee to take refuge where siutherners are. Mallam has no special love for Yoruba, wen dey start their riot it is madness.

Abeg leave them to enjoy their fools paradise. No be for abuja here wey hausa and yoruba worshippers exchange blow inside mosque for garki mosque when a yoruba guy tried to lead prayers.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

It will definitely affect wanderers more than the sons and daughters of odua.

Ur ppl are many up north jst dat d Igbos are more.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
nuclearboy:

Was Ojukwu or the Igbo "neutral"? because based on your judgment above, NOBODY should be believed!

I have learnt a great deal more from this thread though I read the Aburi accord, The 5 majors and Why we struck about 30 years ago!

The question that has come to mind over and over is "what if Ironsi didn't take over? In effect, what if Diphcharima had been sworn in thus allowing the coup plotters to have been sanctioned? Would that NOT have saved the Igbo race who ended up with such tragedy, from the fallout of wrong doing by a few people?

Seems to me the desire to save a few of his "boys" cost Ironsi, not just his life, but also the lives of millions in a senseless war!

NOT leadership or statemanship qualities!

So,can we now blame Ironsi for his power grab and leave Igbos alone? or does Ironsi translate to Igbo in your tribalistic mind?

We don't have to accept igbo account of the story, but a neutral would ask those questions i presented,and so far,non of you are.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by UKBobo(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2013
2015 election is coming... more blood will flow, from north to south.... niggaz have a death curse.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:

Ur ppl are many up north jst dat d Igbos are more.

I know you will always be more, that is while I said it will definitely affect you more. Northerners do not know ibo or Yoruba when they start their senseless and barbaric killings but it tends to always affect your people more.

Anyway you respect them, and you do not have the effrontery to call even their hamlet a no man's land. grin grin
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2013
There is a place in kano called nomans land. I witnessed a riot where Igbo boys grouped, attacked d hausa and burnt all their motocycles. D hausas fled nd neva came back.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

There don't have to be an approval for military takeover in the constitution before they can do it. If you remember, coup was the order of the day in Africa around that time. Ironsi would still have seized power.

The bottomline is, the greed of NCNC members to usurp power at the expense of the alliance that the leader was killed and that still had majority. The honourable thing is for Orizu to have handed over to Dipcharima even before the arrival of Ironsi. That is honour and gentlemanly. If Dipcharima now handed over to Ironsi whether at gun point or not, posterity would have judge Orizu and his kinsmen right.

No matter the amount of ariel or omo soap used to wash the story in the name of propaganda, the coup was, is and will forever be igbo coup. Simple.

Like i thought, leopards never change spots. Is there any law that prohibits NCNC from seeking to lead the coalition? How exactly does NCNC seeking to lead the coalition translate to the coup being an Igbo coup.

Jaja wachukwu resigns from the senate, translation: Igbo coup. NCNC seeks to lead the coalition, translation: Igbo coup. Pazienza farts, translation: Igbo coup.
This is what happen when people have a pre conceived conclusion,and go about looking for any thing at all to support it,objectivity gets thrown out of the window.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
There is a place in kano called nomans land. I witnessed a riot where Igbo boys grouped, attacked d hausa and burnt all their motocycles. D hausas fled nd neva came back.

That is tales by moonlight.

If they don't come back immediately, they will come back at night or any other time. That has always been their modus operandi from time immemorial.

Save us that they never came back part of the story.
They always come back in their multitudes better armed, probably by their elites or quranic scholars.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Italiano1: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2013
russellino:

This is exactly the type of reasoning that has dominated the ibo psyche for years and it is quite pathetic.

What do you mean by "handsome share of Yorubas"?

Unlike alaibo, the SW is very economically vibrant and most Yorubas can make a living in their own region. Your leaders have erroneously told you that Hausas are dumb but they are collectively wiser than Ndigbo. Apart from the fact that Yorubas are not trouble makers, you think they will intentionally target Yorubas when they know where Agege and Idi-Araba is located?

There are more Hausas in the SW than Yorubas in the north and they know that. They benefit from the SW and they know that! Both ethnic groups however dissimilar have a symbiotic relationship. Trust me, they acknowledge that fact!

However, the main reason why you will find Hausas in your lands is for logistical reasons to feed their herd of cattle. And trust me they know that as well! Interestingly, you have populated their region and you are easy targets!

I will not even respond to your disingenuous claim that Hausas have not killed ibos recently because you are well equipped. How old are you?

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2013
Katsumoto:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Yes Dede1, we know all non-Igbo commentators/writers/witnesses were/are liars. You were with Wey everyday, so you know for certain that he didn't communicate with Azikiwe.

7. Constitutional crisis of January 1965: Following the controversial Federal Election of December 1964, ceremonial President Azikiwe of the NCNC, urged by radical intelligentsia, refused to invite Prime Minister Balewa of the NPC to form a government and issued orders mobilizing the Army to enforce his authority to suspend the government, annul the elections and appoint a temporary interim administrator to conduct elections. However, the oath of allegiance of the officer corps was not only to the Commander in Chief but also to the government of Nigeria. The Army Act (#26 of 1960) and the Navy Act (#9 of 1960) were also clear on lines of authority and control. While the Army and Navy were "under the general authority" of the Defence Minister in matters of "command, discipline and administration", the authority for operational use and control was vested in the Council of Ministers and the Prime Minister. President Azikiwe and the service chiefs were so advised by the Chief Justice and Attorney General of the Federation. Thus the Navy Commander, Commodore Wey politely told the President that the Navy (under him), the Army (under Major General Welby-Everard) and the Police (under Louis Edet) had decided to refuse his orders. After a week
of cliff hanging tension, in which the military stood aside, a political compromise was eventually reached and a government of "national unity"
formed under Prime Minister Balewa.
In the US Diplomatic Archives: Nigeria 1964-1968, the situation was characterized in this manner: "Very
complicated African politics, in which tribes, religions and economics all play a part, are involved in the situation. The Northern Premier is at odds with the Eastern Premier in whose region large oil deposits have been discovered. In the heat of the election campaign, there have been threats of secession by the east; threats of violence "that would make Congo look like child's play" from the north.." At the same time, strong rumors of an impending Army coup purportedly planned for the annual Army Shooting competition were also heard in political circles. But the status quo held, albeit temporarily.

Any body can write anything, if you think anyone is taking these your write ups serious, then you must be joking. Weren't we bombarded with fajuiyi stories here with your sources? weren't we bombarded with a purported Ojukwu letter? nah today yansh begin dey back? Nice try, but you have got to try harder.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2013
pazienza:

Like i thought, leopards never change spots. Is there any law that prohibits NCNC from seeking to lead the coalition? How exactly does NCNC seeking to lead the coalition translate to the coup being an Igbo coup.

Jaja wachukwu resigns from the senate, translation: Igbo coup. NCNC seeks to lead the coalition, translation: Igbo coup. Pazienza farts, translation: Igbo coup.
This is what happen when people have a pre conceived conclusion,and go about looking for any thing at all to support it.

Bros, mii, I am done with that argument. I have chosen to believe what my uncle told me in our village square and the doctored one that I read too. Shikena. Just the same way you have chosen to believe yours.

Talk till thy kingdom come, you can't convince me. It was a coup that was masterminded and executed by igbos for them to usurp power. Gbam!!!! They killed the leaders of other people and Angel
Michael protected theirs!!! Gbam.

They declared war on Nigeria without thinking through it. Gbam#

So direct your questions somewhere else. I done with the debate. I do not have Katz kind of patience.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 11:07pm On Oct 02, 2013
Italiano1:

This is exactly the type of reasoning that has dominated the ibo psyche for years and it is quite pathetic.

Unlike alaibo, the SW is very economically vibrant and most Yorubas can make a living in their own region. Your leaders have erroneously told you that Hausas are dumb but they are collectively wiser than Ndigbo. Apart from the fact that Yorubas are not trouble makers, you think they will intentionally target Yorubas when they know where Agege and Idi-Araba is located?

There are more Hausas in the SW than Yorubas in the north and they know that. They benefit from the SW and they know that! Both ethnic groups however dissimilar have a symbiotic relationship. Trust me, they acknowledge that fact!

However, the main reason why you will find Hausas in your lands is for logistical reasons to feed their herd of cattle. And trust me they know that as well! Interestingly, you have populated their region and you are easy targets!

I will not even respond to your disingenuous claim that Hausas have not killed ibos recently because you are well equipped. How old are you?

I don't think I have read anything this silly in eons. The SW is paradise so why are there so many yorubas up north and the length and breadth of the country driving taxis, buses, sewing and trading.

So you want to deny that yorubas don't get hacked to pieces whenever your allies up north release their mobs. Idi-araba my arse !! So what caused the beans wars in ibadan recently. Abi idi-araba was forgotten the day they murdered yoruba traders??

Abeg stuff all this wayo diversionary camel dung about economy of the SW. You are claiming that igbos are easily killed up north and I'm telling you that igbo lives are priceless. The northern leaders and their mindless mobs know it. I am asking you again when last did northern mob come for igbo lives in sabon gari or any other place up north and not pay heavily in blood.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 11:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
lol now that's funny...

You don't know the Igbos, so I can understand your folly and laugh at it when you think they (we Igbos) care about what happens online....

ilugunboy: This is the type of thread that the only thing you can do is to pity the Ibos...
They've been thoroughly washed here... grin grin

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 11:11pm On Oct 02, 2013
Italiano1:

Someone must be confusing lagos with SW, the SW i know is a mud house infested region, with an eyesore Ibadan as it's capital,and almajiri roaming around the jungle, and many homes with white and black Tvs. maybe someone is equating mud houses with economic vibrancy.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Bros, mii, I am done with that argument. I have chosen to believe what my uncle told me in our village square and the doctored one that I read too. Shikena. Just the same way you have chosen to believe yours.

Talk till thy kingdom come, you can't convince me. It was a coup that was masterminded and executed by igbos for them to usurp power. Gbam!!!! They killed the leaders of other people and Angel
Michael protected theirs!!! Gbam.

They declared war on Nigeria without thinking through it. Gbam#

So direct your questions somewhere else. I done with the debate. I do not have Katz kind of patience.

No one is here to convince you, we are just here to provide rebuttal to your lies, you are free to keep your pre conceived opinions. The era where Ndigbo never cared about your lies that your parents wrote as articles and which you are quoting as gospel and 'sources' here is gone. Every atom of your lies must be stripped naked and exposed as lies, femi kayode learnt this the bitter way recently, the days of 'i don't care attitude' of Igbos are gone.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 11:17pm On Oct 02, 2013
Italiano1:

However, the main reason why you will find Hausas in your lands is for logistical reasons to feed their herd of cattle.

Lol!

You must either be fani kayode or a blood relative to post the nonsense above. Them ppl are in the east to do business. The hausa onion market at bridgehead onitsha alone feeds hundreds of hausa families alone in onitsha. Talkless of the cow depot in osha where thousands of cattle are brought in weekly. When the state govt in imo closed down garki in okigwe the cattle traders reported to their governors.

Keep floating in your clouds of fantasy

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 11:28pm On Oct 02, 2013
DerideGull:

It is equally good to note that there was line in the appended crap from Robin Luckham which reads, “in any case the cabinet was unable to agree on whom to appoint”. The line has rubbish everything you have posted so far on this discussion and goofy crap from Richard Akinjide. If NPC was majority as you would want us to believe, why did the cabinet was unable to agree on whom to appoint as Prime Minister?

Haha! can't believe i missed this post, even katz propaganda sites are giving him away. *grins*

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 11:30pm On Oct 02, 2013
Anyway,we are still waiting for the so called luckham list, or has the list gone to eat gbegiri at ogbomosho? *grins*

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Photos Of President Buhari With Bola Tinubu Today At The State House, Abuja / Fayose Smiling On Arrival At Lagos Court For His Bail Hearing. / Sporadic Gunshots At Daleko, Isolo Road (Pictures)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.