Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,724 members, 7,892,847 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 06:50 PM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (43076 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
pazienza:

No one is here to convince you, we are just here to provide rebuttal to your lies, you are free to keep your pre conceived opinions. The era where Ndigbo never cared about your lies that your parents wrote as articles and which you are quoting as gospel and 'sources' here is gone. Every atom of your lies must be stripped naked and exposed as lies, femi kayode learnt this the bitter way recently, the days of 'i don't care attitude' of Igbos are gone.

It is you that your fathers have been lying to, while the whole world and even heavens can see the obvious. Your attempt to refute the obvious fact is lame, sickening and devoid of logic. Even Achebe tried to distort history but he forgot that facts will always best fallacy any day, any time. You can care for crying out loud, no one gives a hoot whether you care or not; but, stop your victim card you are always playing, man up and be courageous enough to own up to your actions and its attendant repercussions. Instead of trying to pull wool over our face in form of abracadabra. Mba!! It has not worked, it won't work and it will never work.

Also stop being your ever greedy, power driven and covetous self.

Build strategic alliances in form of mutually beneficial relationships and respect others.

Thinking you are smarter and wiser than others will always be your bane.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 11:46pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Keep deceiving yourself. Place a call to your Ndigbo Chairman in Kano, he will give u the updated figure he is always arguing with security agency over.

I know if there was any substance to the troll shyte u sprayed above u would have posted the news report in a flash so u could gloat over igbo deaths. Quit wankin to that thought. Game don change forever

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2013
russellino:

I know if there was any substance to the troll shyte u sprayed above u would have posted the news report in a flash so u could gloat over igbo deaths. Quit wankin to that thought. Game don change forever

Bros my papa did not send me to school, to be doing omo Igbos home work for them. Therefore, consult the great oracle called google and it will tell you wetin dey
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 11:55pm On Oct 02, 2013
You see, there are a thousand and one ways/direction things could have gone with changes in one of the variable/action or the other/reactions...

I am sure you know what is dubbed "in the heat of the moment"... and how, in judicial law/courts, one's action in this "heat of the moment" is looked at and judged differently from actions otherwise - which are NOT in the heat of the moment... i.e. they had no preconceived plan of action.

Keeping that aside, hindsight, they say, is 20/20, we now know what Ironsi did, and what the result of his actions were... so while "watching" this "video" of what did... it is easy... very very easy to judge him and say "He shouldn't have done this/that"...... even more crafty in my opinion, is what Kats has been doing on this forum and this thread, going from the resultant action and cherry-picking those actions of Ironsi that leads him straight to the result of what befell him and others.... (yet, without hindsight.. Kats himself might have done the same things.... )

quote author=nuclearboy]

Was Ojukwu or the Igbo "neutral"? because based on your judgment above, NOBODY should be believed!

I have learnt a great deal more from this thread though I read the Aburi accord, The 5 majors and Why we struck about 30 years ago!

The question that has come to mind over and over is "what if Ironsi didn't take over? In effect, what if Diphcharima had been sworn in thus allowing the coup plotters to have been sanctioned? Would that NOT have saved the Igbo race who ended up with such tragedy, from the fallout of wrong doing by a few people?

Seems to me the desire to save a few of his "boys" cost Ironsi, not just his life, but also the lives of millions in a senseless war!

NOT leadership or statemanship qualities![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 11:59pm On Oct 02, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Bros my papa did not send me to school, to be doing omo Igbos home work for them. Therefore, consult the great oracle called google and it will tell you wetin dey

Troll shyte and more troll shyte. So from consult association leader it has grown to consult google?? Evidence of mindless follow follow bigotry and hot air. So u want to deny that hunting for bad news about igbos no be yoruba troll homework and life assignment again??

There have been no killings of igbos up north like some beans sellers we heard about from where sef

If e too pain u too much go hang yaself. Game don change. Dem no born dem

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 12:05am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

Troll shyte and more troll shyte. So from consult association leader it has grown to consult google?? Evidence of mindless follow follow bigotry and hot air. So u want to deny that hunting for bad news about igbos no be yoruba troll homework and life assignment again??

There have been no killings of igbos up north like some beans sellers we heard about from where sef

If e too pain u too much go hang yaself. Game don change. Dem no born dem

Ranting of another deranged igbotic homo erectus. If you are intellectually lazy not to listen to news, read newspaper or search online; you are now expecting mii, omo tiya foja pon, to be doing your assignment for you.

Pay for your laziness by running the errand I sent u - search for the info joor and get back to mii.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 12:40am On Oct 03, 2013
My dear brother, I have stopped asking them that question, their usual response is (what Kats said to Naijaking on this thread, being) emotional, or more like "emotional BS"...

There was once a thread I believe it was Onlytruth that made a comment along the lines of Igbos having checks and balances that guide their behavior..... and our brothers on the other side of the Niger didn't understand what he meant and were taking it out of context etc...

When you think you've seen the lowest one can go.... you get proved wrong by something worse.... and if you express your shock or disbelief and passionate disapproval... before you know it they've dribbled you (if you try to follow their reasoning) back to your own business/behavior and never respond to the main issue raised...
(again, read Naijakings direct question at Kats and see if you can place a finger on what exactly his response was.... )

so that is why I now just let them be, and as I've said, focus on setting the records straight and pointing out any lies being mixed up with facts that have been coated to lead on gullible minds...

Also, I know that such people in real life... are usually a shadow of what they come on NL to do gra gra ...
Ngwakwe: Why do you and most of your colleagues prefer using language of violence or imagining violence in a bid to get even with the Igbos.

Are Igbos killing or threatening anybody from another tribe living among them? Definitely No, then why don't we use laws to settle our deferences instead of all these call for genocide and deprivation of property.

Why, why, why.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by tomakint: 1:30am On Oct 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Guy...try to grow some brain cells.
He got you there with a bare-faced FACT about your true nature online the 'Ifa Priest' as usual, don't take it personal undecided
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 5:11am On Oct 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Why are you afraid of Ahmed Tinubu?
He should be afraid. Every attack dog of Jonathan shud be.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 03, 2013
kettykin:

The problem with people like Jerry Useni is that while they will use every available occasion to tell the world how they struck and fought against Biafra and defeated Biafra , they never mention about anything about the burning issues in their homestead , the City of Jos has been invaded and wanton killings going on in Plateau, southern Kaduna, Benue, Nassarawa , Borno , Bauchi and these jokers keep moping aloof like ostriches while waiting for other people to strike back for them .
of All these loafers (Obasanjo, Danjuma, Gowon,Domkat Bali,Useni, Babangida)Useni seems to be the most stupid and useless of them , he was the most senior Military officer when Abacha died yet the Baton of power passed him and went to Abdulsalami and he could not do anything because of that only to come and brag how they killed Ironsi and took power from igbos . can someone call this Hypocrite to order.

Charity begins at home , save your plateau people first then you can come and brag how you defeated Biafran
Charity begins at home. Why would not the baton pass him? When he was busy with prostitutes.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 03, 2013
grafikii:
You didn't have to go so low, you just proved your stupidity
And he continues to prove it at every thread.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 5:58am On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Ranting of another deranged igbotic homo erectus. If you are intellectually lazy not to listen to news, read newspaper or search online; you are now expecting mii, omo tiya foja pon, to be doing your assignment for you.

Pay for your laziness by running the errand I sent u - search for the info joor and get back to mii.

Just as I thought. A flatulent bag of hollow yoruba stupidity caught lika a rat in a corner squeaking as loud as it can in the hope that it will be allowed to live and not smacked with a shoe. You expect me to find what doesnt exist because u obviously have hunted and combed google with a toothcomb so u look less silly.

Now read and kill yourself. Igbos up north are not fair game like yorubas havens become because northerners dont respect u or whatever unholy alliance you have. Show me evidence of igbos being targeted like before na. I know it will make ur day. Dont fade away like a lonely internet apparition because u know u are full of shyte. If u dey shame use your other moniker

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 03, 2013
tomakint:
He got you there with a bare-faced FACT about your true nature online the 'Ifa Priest' as usual, don't take it personal undecided

Goats never fail to disappoint ....it's in your gene.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Eledan: 6:58am On Oct 03, 2013
ilugunboy:

Goats never fail to disappoint ....it's in your gene.

Ignore that am a Yoruba NL troll jooor.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 03, 2013
Eledan:

Ignore that am a Yoruba NL troll jooor.

O fe tee ni.....and I would gladly oblige the PIG.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:10am On Oct 03, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
See Yorubas now trying to create lies abt Zik. If we meant harm 4 u Y did Ojukwu spare Awo?
Ojukwu didn't spare Awolowo; he was released by Gowon.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:13am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

What type of cheap trash talk is "call my association"? The last time northerners tried that mess with their mobs they were soundly beaten back. Igbos are no longer the cheap targets they were decades ago.
What cave are you commenting from; you sure are lost with is happening?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:17am On Oct 03, 2013
Dive-Bomber:
There is a place in kano called nomans land. I witnessed a riot where Igbo boys grouped, attacked d hausa and burnt all their motocycles. D hausas fled nd neva came back.
BH are reading this. They may take reprissal.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
What cave are you commenting from; you sure are lost with is happening?

Aren't you the guy that was challenged to prove what you alleged and asked the person to prove what YOU alleged. Your nightmare is real. Northerners have learnt the hard way about who u can and can't mess with. You guys are the new almajiri fodder
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:24am On Oct 03, 2013
This is not the time for much talk, Igbo people are reaping what they have sown. If you sow to the wind, you reap the whirlwind.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:28am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

Aren't you the guy that was challenged to prove what you alleged and asked the person to prove what YOU alleged. Your nightmare is real. Northerners have learnt the hard way about who u can and can't mess with. You guys are the new almajiri fodder
Permit me to call you a fool.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 7:35am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

Just as I thought. A flatulent bag of hollow yoruba stupidity caught lika a rat in a corner squeaking as loud as it can in the hope that it will be allowed to live and not smacked with a shoe. You expect me to find what doesnt exist because u obviously have hunted and combed google with a toothcomb so u look less silly.

Now read and kill yourself. Igbos up north are not fair game like yorubas havens become because northerners dont respect u or whatever unholy alliance you have. Show me evidence of igbos being targeted like before na. I know it will make ur day. Dont fade away like a lonely internet apparition because u know u are full of shyte. If u dey shame use your other moniker

Your idiocy is world class and the brain constituent of your Igbo is less than 5%. The disillusion and archaic world you are living in, is clearly demonstrated by your lack of knowledge of simple basic news item.

For the umpteen time, I will repeat it, till it will sink into your cockroach brain, stop being lazy and run the errand I sent u. If you are lazy enough not to listen news, do your self a great service by consulting the oracle called google and if that is out of your reach; then call your ndigbo chairman up north to brief u.

Wetin we no go hear from ajeokuta mamumi people. They are now the ones killing northerners in the north!!!! Even, tell that to your 2year old nephew and he will definitely ask u "bros are you in this country at all"

We don't have any alliance with the north. We respect their culture and they do to ours. The last time they tried their killings, ask them at Bodija and idi araba. We will send equal number of body bags to them. That is why every of our town has sabo, that can be used for insurance and collateral damage at the same time.

If you refuse to be upto date with news in your country, that is your business. I am not here to celebrate the killing of anybody, but telling us lies of your bravado in a combo of jack Bauer/James Bond/Van Daam Navy SEAL style, when available facts and figures state otherwise is actually hallucination on your part, demonstration of your mental capacity, as well as, public display of your ignorant world and the fools paradise you are living in.

Why should I expect more self? When you are all fond of calling black white, calling red yellow and will always expect others to concur. Funny u. your chest beating and boasting can only lead to nothing but massacre up north, so I beg of you, don't carry your alms giving pass mosque. The northern elites and their quaranic scholars will rather arm their jobless almajiris to the teeth before the scenario of the lies you are painting will ever happen.

Errant nonsense!!!!

I don't change moniker, mind you. In my culture, night is for sleeping, not for indulging omo y-ibo.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 8:20am On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

Your idiocy is world class and the brain constituent of your Igbo is less than 5%. The disillusion and archaic world you are living in, is clearly demonstrated by your lack of knowledge of simple basic news item.

For the umpteen time, I will repeat it, till it will sink into your cockroach brain, stop being lazy and run the errand I sent u. If you are lazy enough not to listen news, do your self a great service by consulting the oracle called google and if that is out of your reach; then call your ndigbo chairman up north to brief u.

Wetin we no go hear from ajeokuta mamumi people. They are now the ones killing northerners in the north!!!! Even, tell that to your 2year old nephew and he will definitely ask u "bros are you in this country at all"

We don't have any alliance with the north. We respect their culture and they do to ours. The last time they tried their killings, ask them at Bodija and idi araba. We will send equal number of body bags to them. That is why every of our town has sabo, that can be used for insurance and collateral damage at the same time.

If you refuse to be upto date with news in your country, that is your business. I am not here to celebrate the killing of anybody, but telling us lies of your bravado in a combo of jack Bauer/James Bond/Van Daam Navy SEAL style, when available facts and figures state otherwise is actually hallucination on your part, demonstration of your mental capacity, as well as, public display of your ignorant world and fools paradise you are living in.

Why should I expect more self? When you are all fond of calling black white, calling red yellow and will always expect others to concur. Funny u. your chest beating and boasting can only lead to nothing but massacre up north, so I beg of you, don't carry your alms giving pass mosque. The elites and their quaranic scholars will rather arm their jobless almajiris to the teeth before the scenario of the lies you are painting will ever happen.

Errant nonsense!!!!

I didn't bother reading your tripe because I remember you are the same middle aged airhead who is claiming that yorubas do not leave SW because of the good economy. Lol!!! Calling you a compound fool will be doing you charity. Writing long and empty grammar like you have done above will not change the following facts.

1. Igbos are not easy pickings any more up north, your loud and obtuse kind are the new kilishi. The beans wars in ibadan are testimony to this.

2. You are obviously high on your powder this morning to assume that a faceless nonentity like u can send me on an errand to prove what you have been trying to allege. Typical of u ppl like I have come to understand. (No substance). I know u have been googling furiously but have found nothing. If u had u wouldn't be making such a fool of yourself.

3. Igbos have street cred up north whether you cry a river or not. You lot are known for butt kissing, crass loud behaviour and filth. Live with it or look for the nearest well and jump in

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Permit me to call you a fool.

Evidence of weak character and lack of substance. I thought you would defend your statement. Ok I understand your words are empty and worth nothing. Typical

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by AustineE1: 8:26am On Oct 03, 2013
Orlando Owoh: This is not the time for much talk, Igbo people are reaping what they have sown. If you sow to the wind, you reap the whirlwind.
...if 'igbos are reaping what they have sown',then i think it is on the positive side because the last time i checked,they are the most successful tribe in sub-saharan Africa,their wealth are more evenly distributed,surpassed every other tribe in quality education(nt the amala kind of education),highly commercial,possesses more properties than any other tribe in Nigeria,infact can effectively boast of 60% of Lands in other regions(economist refer to this as neo-capitalism),scientifically and meticulously dominating strategic positions in and out-side Nigeria,systematically re-populated despite the genocide committed against them by Awo and friends and can boast of having the highest or one the highest numerical strength,highly global in nature and has made in-ways in every field of endeavour!..little wonder why Obasanjo's regime gave sensitive positions to this people and GEJ regime making waves economically through they efforts of igbo sons and daughters..i present this with all sense of humility!God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2013
Austine.E:

...if 'igbos are reaping what they have sown',then i think it is on the positive side because the last time i checked,they are the most successful tribe in sub-saharan Africa,their wealth are more evenly distributed,surpassed every other tribe in quality education(nt the amala kind of education),highly commercial,possesses more properties than any other tribe in Nigeria,infact can effectively boast of 60% of Lands in other regions(economist refer to this as neo-capitalism),scientifically and meticulously dominating strategic positions in and out-side Nigeria,systematically re-populated despite the genocide committed against them by Awo and friends and can boast of having the highest or one the highest numerical strength,highly global in nature and has made in-ways in every field of endeavour!..little wonder why Obasanjo's regime gave sensitive positions to this people and GEJ regime making waves economically through they efforts of igbo sons and daughters..i present this with all sense of humility!God bless Nigeria.

Abeg don't overload that buffoon with too much information before his brain explodes. He can't assimilate more than 2 lines of pidgin english

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 8:50am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

I didn't bother reading your tripe because I remember you are the same middle aged airhead who is claiming that yorubas do not leave SW because of the good economy. Lol!!! Calling you a compound fool will be doing you charity. Writing long and empty grammar like you have done above will not change the following facts.

1. Igbos are not easy pickings any more up north, your loud and obtuse kind are the new kilishi. The beans wars in ibadan are testimony to this.

2. You are obviously high on your powder this morning to assume that a faceless nonentity like u can send me on an errand to prove what you have been trying to allege. Typical of u ppl like I have come to understand. (No substance). I know u have been googling furiously but have found nothing. If u had u wouldn't be making such a fool of yourself.

3. Igbos have street cred up north whether you cry a river or not. You lot are known for butt kissing, crass loud behaviour and filth. Live with it or look for the nearest well and jump in

The hollowness of your moronic brain and the shallowness of your haphazard thoughts are well laid out for the world to see.

1. I am sure you don't know the true genesis and revelation of the beans brouhaha. Another of your laziness and recalcitrant stubbornness being displayed. Go to Bodija and find out who is the don now. When the beans comes from north now, Yoruba traders take 70% and Hausa traders the remaining. Who born dem father, dey gats to comply.

2. Oh boy, laziness is your other name. For you to search for the info you are looking for is now your problem. You expect, miii, omo tiya foja pon, to be looking for info for u. Mba, I won't. If you do not know how to consult google, tell the whole world and let your ajeokuta mamumi brothers come to your aid. Stop displaying your knowledge gap for the world to see.

3. Boot licking (not butt licking) ensured we grounded this country until we got the presidency, that even your blood thirst warlords and 2mm deaths that accompanied the most idiotic decision ever made in the history of Nigeria, could not even achieve. That is being strategic and tactical. Sho gbo, omo y-ibo eranko lasan lasan.

Being filthy is still better than being despised all over the world being the race of kidnappers, money rituals, fake drugs sales, hard drug trafficking, baby factory, highway robbery etc. see your life. If you tell me all that are better than filth, then I will conclude that I'm engaging an Aro-candidate in futile exercise of discussion.

The last time I checked, the 2 twin towns of Onitsha and Aba are not in Yorubaland. If those are called towns, then the inhabitants must be pigs living in hell. Sincerely, they do not need to go to hell again, they should just pray to Sssssseshineke to make them immortals in those dungholes being called inhabitation.

Still do your assignment and get back to me, after your must have consulted your more knowledgeable Igbos to bail you out.

Ignoramus homo erectus!!!!

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by kettykin: 8:54am On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

The hollowness of your moronic brain and the shallowness of your haphazard thoughts are well laid out for the world to see.

1. I am sure you don't know the true genesis and revelation of the beans brouhaha. Another of your laziness and recalcitrant stubbornness being displayed. Go to Bodija and find out who is the don now. When the beans comes from north now, Yoruba traders take 70% and Hausa traders the remaining. Who born dem father, dey gats to comply.

2. Oh boy, laziness is your other name. For you to search for the info you are looking for is now your problem. You expect, miii, omo tiya foja pon, to be looking for info for u. Mba, I won't. If you do not know how to consult google, tell the whole world and let your ajeokuta mamumi brothers come to your aid. Stop displaying your knowledge ga for the world to see.

3. Boot licking (not butt licking) ensured we grounded this country until we got the presidency that even your blood thirst warlords and 2mm deaths that accompanied this most idiotic decision ever made in the history of Nigeria.

Being filthy is still better than being despised all over the world being the race of kidnappers, money rituals, fake drugs sales, hard drug trafficking, baby factory, highway robbery etc. see your life. If you tell me all that are better than filth, then I will conclude that I'm engaging an Aro-candidate in futile exercise of discussion.

The last time I checked, the 2 twin towns of Onitsha and Aba are not in Yorubaland. If those are calle towns, then inhabitants must be pigs living in hell. Sincerely, they do not need to go to hell again, they should just pray to Sssssseshineke to make them immortals in those dungholes being called inhabitation.

Still do your assignment and get back to me, after your must have consulted your more knowledgeable Igbos to bail you out.

Is bodija recognised as a commercial or big market
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 8:56am On Oct 03, 2013
kettykin:
Is bodija recognised as a commercial or big market

Kindly take an excursion there, to delineate it as you wish!!!!

Is the biggest food market in SW. Strictly food.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 8:57am On Oct 03, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1463377/nigeria-why-must-talk-no-holds-barred

This development gave unburnished confidence to Sultan Bello who declared on October 12, 1960, in an interview with The Parrot, just days after independence the following words: “This New Nation called Nigeria, should be an estate of our great grand father, Uthman Dan Fodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We use the minorities in the North as willing tools, and the South, as conquered territory and never allow them to rule over us, and never allow them to have control over their future.”

With Alhaji Tafawa Balewa firmly in charge in Lagos, Sir Bello’s confidence became ebullient. To him Chief Obafemi Awolowo has been a thorn in his flesh politically, having mainatained an effective opposition to the feudalisation of Nigeria. Earlier in 1959, he had vowed to make Chief Awolowo pay dearly for forcing him to canvass for the votes of his Northern people. Awolowo had to be caged. Thus in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, Sir Bello said the following:

“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.” In May 1962, twelve months after this statement, the NPC Prime Minister of Nigeria, Tafawa Balewa, acting on instructions from Sultan Bello moved a motion to Declare A State of Emergency in Western Region. Below is an excerpt of Chief Awolowo’s contribution opposing the motion of Prime Minister Balewa on May 29, 1962:

“Not long ago after independence, there was rioting of a most severe nature in the Tiv Division of Northern Nigeria. Several lives were lost, several properties were destroyed, there was arson and a host of other crimes were committed. At that time, Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was the Prime Minister as he is today. He did not think it fit to call this parliament to declare a state of public emergency in the Northern Region. Also in Okrika – there was widespread rioting in Okrika; again, several lives and properties were lost. I understand that this widespread rioting in Okrika occurred twice in the Eastern Region. The Prime Minister and the cabinet did not think it fit on that occasion to declare a state of public emergency in the Eastern Region.

“But, because the Action Group is pursuing the normal democratic processes as laid down in our constitution to oust someone who happens to be a very close friend of the Prime Minister, and also because the AG is looked upon as a moral foe to the NPC, this very far-reaching provision of our constitution is now being invoked, …..It is doing violence to our constitution and doing violence to the construction of words to suggest that what happened in the Western House of Assembly amounts to a state of public emergency.”

On July 16, 1962, exactly 46 days after Chief Awolowo moved this motion and fourteen months after Sir Bello made the statement of conquest of the AG, Chief Awolowo was arrested on the trumped up charges of Treasonable Felony. On November 2, 1962, Chief Awolowo and 28 other members of his party were put on trial. After a hearing lasting eleven months, he was sentenced (September 11, 1963) to ten years imprisonment. This effectively shut down the opposition to the unmaking of Nigerian Federalism which continued unabated.

Thus, why Awolowo was incarcerated, the Northern Peoples Congress led Federal Government embarked on headcount. This exercise was headed by a Briton as Federal Census Officer, Mr. J. J. Warren. The exercise was later cancelled because it was unacceptable. Daniel Agbowu in his book “NIGERIA: The Truth” quoted from M. Crowder’s book, “Story of Nigeria” published in 1966 noting that “The 1962 figures were first questioned in the first place not by politicians but by the civil servant in charge of the Census.”

The Census was re-conducted in 1963 but not without controversy. The figure released on February 24, 1964 is as follows:

North: 29,809,000

East: 12,394,000

West: 10,931,000

Midwest: 2,536,000

TOTAL: 55,670,000.

This was in contrast to the initial figure of over 60 million. Dr. Michael Okpara, Premier of Eastern Region described it as “worse than useless.” Chief Dennis Osadebey characterised it as the “stupendous joke of our age.” Chief S. L. Akintola, revelling in his supposed invulnerability having allied himself to the NPC, which mastermined the incarceration of Awolowo, gladly “accepted the census figures” and said “the figures were accurate.”

Dr. Nnamdi Azikwe, encumbered by his involvement in the Balewa government, could not effectively artculate the anger of his people as he pleaded that “all should remain calm” because the Census controversy “might plunge the nation into disaster.” Chief Awolowo was meanwhile effectively out of circulation. Sultan Bello had come out smoking as he threatened that “he and his party were ready for a complete showdown” and “warned all Nigerians” that his “Government has accepted the published figures.” Tafawa Balewa ignored all the protestations and went ahead to distribute the seats in the National Assembly as follows:

North 168 53.8%,

East 69 21 %,

West (Lagos included) 61 19.6%,

Midwest 14 4.5%.

The Eastern Region Soilicitor General, Mr. D. O. Ibekwe “took out a writ in the Supreme Court to restrain the Federal Government from using the 1963 Census figures for delineation of the country.” But the Supreme Court said it had no jurisdiction over the case, thus the unmaking of Nigerian Federalism continued.

Crisis followed that action of 1964 by Tafawa Balawa. In the West, the people took their destiny in their hands to confront the government of S. L. Akintola in an episode ingloriously referred to as “wet e.” The Tiv Riots, simmering since 1960 also came to a head in 1964 in what was called “nande nande” (burning burning) and “atem ityough” (head breaking). The whole country went up in flames which unfortunately, consumed the main actors, Sir Ahmadu Bello, Sir Tafawa Balewa and Chief S. L. Akintola, as the Military ascended the political pedestal to continue the serial rigging of Nigeria’s Federalism.

As at the time the First Republic went up in flames in 1966, there were different constitutions for each region and Nigeria. Each region has its own High Commissioner in London. What does this mean? It meant that every region was in control of its destiny. Most historical analysts believed that General Aguiyi Ironsi who took over the reign of power from the uncoordinated plotters of the coup was the first leader who actually practicalised Unitarism of the Nigerian political space, at least officially.

Reasons for this should not be difficult to decipher given the chaos that ended the First Republic. But this particular act coupled with the fact that in the January 15, 1966 coup led by Murtala Mohammed that eventually saw the installation of Lt. Colonel Yakubu Gowon as the military Head of State.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by russellino: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2013
papparatzzi2013:

2. Oh boy, laziness is your other name. For you to search for the info you are looking for is now your problem. You expect, miii, omo tiya foja pon, to be looking for info for u. Mba, I won't. If you do not know how to consult google, tell the whole world and let your ajeokuta mamumi brothers come to your aid. Stop displaying your knowledge gap for the world to see.

3. Boot licking (not butt licking) ensured we grounded this country until we got the presidency, that even your blood thirst warlords and 2mm deaths that accompanied the most idiotic decision ever made in the history of Nigeria, could not even achieve. That is being strategic and tactical. Sho gbo, omo y-ibo eranko lasan lasan.

The last time I checked, the 2 twin towns of Onitsha and Aba are not in Yorubaland. If those are called towns, then the inhabitants must be pigs living in hell. Sincerely, they do not need to go to hell again, they should just pray to Sssssseshineke to make them immortals in those dungholes being called inhabitation.

You are truly far beneath a compound fool to think that u can allege something and expect me to prove it for you. Typical of your type to believe that if you throw your decrepit mouth wide open long enough a reasonable person will be convinced. No mr white-powder-up-his nose and arse!! Lol!

Your traders were lynched up north to put them out of the beans trade and nothing happen.

I hope your substandard yoruba brain can take this - I meant butt-licking not boot licking. Boot licking is for humans, butt licking is for yorubas like u and the diseased peasant that begs me for money every day when I walk fron the car park to the office on broad street.

Your stinking, crass and utterly filthy, duplicitous stock are scorned every day by other nigerians for their shady character and long grammar can't help u. Lol!!

Igbos have street cred EVERYWHERE in nigeria. North inclusive. Accept it if u can but if your nature gets the better of you look for rope and hang yourself.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by papparatzzi2013: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
russellino:

You are truly far beneath a compound fool to think that u can allege something and expect me to prove it for you. Typical of your type to believe that if you throw your decrepit mouth wide open long enough a reasonable person will be convinced. No mr white-powder-up-his nose and arse!! Lol!

Your traders were lynched up north to put them out of the beans trade and nothing happen.

I hope your substandard yoruba brain can take this - I meant butt-licking not boot licking. Boot licking is for humans, butt licking is for yorubas like u and the diseased peasant that begs me for money every day when I walk fron the car park to the office on broad street.

Your stinking, crass and utterly filthy, duplicitous stock are scorned every day by other nigerians for their shady character and long grammar can't help u. Lol!!

Igbos have street cred EVERYWHERE in nigeria. North inclusive. Accept it if u can but if your nature gets the better of you look for rope and hang yourself.

Your response just clearly showed your case is beyond redemption. It is either you ran away from Aro or you are a strong candidate for it, just yet to be identified by the management of Aro.

I can't be joining issues with a deranged rabid dog that lack substance and cannot even do the simplest thing on the net. Again, search for the info, it will stare you in the face and get back to me.

Yorubas are being scorned. I laff in mandarin. And Ibos are loved from Kano to Ogoja, Maiduguri to Epe and Bida to Mubi. This ewu never cease to amuse me. The souls of the dead you have sent to the world beyond before their time through your fake drugs, robbery,kidnapping, money rituals, hard drugs and blood thirst for war and power can never make even a maggot to display the slightest affection for you.

He is going to work with his toothpick leg on. Yorubaland and he is not even ashamed. Your office should have been in Aba and let osisikankwu successor, or what his name, use your ransome for his breakfast meal. That is how worthless your head is.

You mentioned shady character and even your kinsmen will tell you, bros, you passed your boundary there. I won't respond on that out of respect for some of you. I would have used the whole day to lecture you, your forefathers and your generations yet unborn on your shady character. Next time check up the meaning of words before usage. Ode Oshi.

Filth -- lol. The simple question is, Onitsha and Aba are in Yorubaland? Answer that 1st before I unleash my scud missiles on that on you.

They were lynched up north and we took control of the business from them in retaliation. That is not giving false and endless ultimatum and beating of chest that does not amount to anything. Now the Hausas travel and bring the beans by themselves, therefore we have eliminated the risk of putting the lives of our kindred in danger. We value lives more than money-- sho gbo omo Y-ibo.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

The Presidential Inauguration G-wagon / How Abba Kyari Negotiated Release Of 25kg Cocaine, Offered $61, 600 Cash - NDLEA / President Buhari Pictured With His Grandsons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.