Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,924 members, 7,890,049 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? (29237 Views)

See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why Is Divorce Not An Option For Most Nigerian Women? / Why Many Nigerian Women End Up As Housewives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by shitshappen(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
I rented a three bedroom flat at Ikeja and brought in my elder sister, she was surprise the way I tastefully furnished her room, to cut the matter short I ran away from the said apartment barely 18months later. She is still ma sister though.

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by yanshless: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
Arosa:

cry cry cry

Guy, I must commend you for your big heart but I must say, if you want to help your family members or anyone; go on and do it.
God will reward you even if they turn out ungrateful in the end. Don't get broken hearted over it.
And pls, don't come to NL and expect good advice from people over doing good cos most will discourage you.
ETC- Why the hell should you DROP 36,000 dollars on your sister's head on skool tinz? For what?
You want her to be SOYINKA?
Why not invest that money on biz tinz of which she can also benefit and you too wey all man go smile in the end?
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by freecocoa(f): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
tivta:

Do you thank god for blessings? Then why not humans? Remember the golden rule' do unto others as you want them to do unto you.'
Did you understand my post at all? I never said its wrong to thank people for help rendered.

All I'm saying is that, in order not to feel bad and start whining like the OP after helping someone, don't expect anything in return.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by creativemusic: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by lagcity(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
pro01: Nothing wrong with helping one's sisters, aunties, nieces, and other female relatives without expectations of gratitude. As for 'external' females, there is also nothing wrong with helping (older) women or sexually unappealing women in some form of distress, especially when children are involved. For the former, family is always family, and for the latter, it always feels good to be humanitarian.

HOWEVER, it is SHEER FOOLISHNESS to render any significant assistance to any unrelated nubile female without smashing her kongo before or during the process. Don't even bother to help them 'because of God'. Even God Himself would shake His head in pity at your muguness. There are millions of people out there (distressed families, sick children with hapless mothers, poor GUYS in dire need of employment, your own relatives in dire need of help, etc) who are better qualified to receive your help 'because of God' than one random nubile babe with an overbloated sense of entitlement.

pimpology!
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Rule of Thumb for guys at any age
1 :Always help a Female between the age of 21-27. this is a period when they would almost always spread their legs wide open and they are very sweet with all their bushings, ball-joints, shock-absorbers and spark-plugs still in good working condition.

2: Never help a female between the age of 30-43. this is a period where they won't spread their legs for anyone unless you pay very well. they are like wicked taxi drivers with dead front/back axel, black smoking exhaust pipe, tokunbo windshield-wipers and knocking-engine with china spark-plug. They usually have just N100 fuel left in their tank and will use your money to fill-up. they never get you to your destination and end-up causing so much drama, you pay double to have them drop you with quarrel. AVOID them like a plague

3: Always help a Female between the ages of 45-50 and very wealthy like Stella Oduah and Florence Ita-Giwa.. this is a period when they would almost always spread their legs wide open because they need a good mechanic to service those weak bushings, cracked ball joints, flat shock-absorbers and dead-spark-plugs. you will bring the much needed vitality and also earn so raba for your trouble

8 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by baggy4luv(m): 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
Kanwulia: Because familiarity aka 'see finish' ALWAYS breeds contempt!
Ask dati una Jesus Christ wetin Judasky do am! grin
I nor dey near NAIJA WOMEN O!!!!
Sam-Sam!!!!
Tufiakwa!!!!

Kpor!
Kpor!
Kpor!

Ooooo dey 'Ouse?
Work done close o!
30-minute daily work-out in progress! cool
wetin u mean by una jesus christ
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

Thanks and God bless you for addressing my questions. I want to keep helping but asked the questions to know how to avoid the pitfall of others. I have a little 26yrs old sister. After the death of our mom, being the last born and only girl, she became the queen of the family. I saw her through university in Nigeria. She's in Canada now doing her masters at almost $36,000 USD. Being the oldest son I sold one house, and going through 'hell' now to pay her tuition in Canada. I just don't want to ever think she will be ungrateful to me one day after this. I haven't even married because of carrying the burden of others. Maybe my expectations from them is high. I just don't want to regret all this one day. This is why I'm asking experienced people for guide. I got some points already. God bless you all.
so you sold a house to get $36,000 to pay for your sister to get her masters degree in canada ? are you crazy ? you sold something that is solid for something flimsy and stupid. masters degree for $36,000? wtf is that ? some piece of paper saying you spent 12 months learning rubbish from oyinbo uni abi ? yo mama go swear for you in her grave

6 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 04, 2013
MOST TIMES THISMHAPPENS TO THE GENTLEMEN
THE BOYSCOUT NIGGAS WHO ARE ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP CHICS
ME I DONT HELP AND HAVE NEVER BEEN A VICTIM
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2013
Update1: I wish we don't turn this into bashing of Nigerian women. I asked 3 specific questions to see how we can train the mind of some sisters to see the benefits of being grateful, to teach brothers how to give the right way, and how to handle disappointments when they come. I pray we focus on that to make this thread more constructive.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by ceeceeco: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2013
Women are the (most) ungrateful, confused, & jealous creatures on earth...women are holy serpents!
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by luvola(m): 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2013
@ op - the thumb rule is never expect a return whenever you help a lady ..that is the fact !! Assume i approach you to help me get a job , you will not but if a lady should approach you , you wil quickly help the person.. I need a job seriously : course - accounting , grade : 2.1 . Finished nysc 4 months ago , email - olaklives05@yahoo.com. Expecting your beep. Thanks and God bless
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
obadiah777: so you sold a house to get $36,000 to pay for your sister to get her masters degree in canada ? are you crazy ? you sold something that is solid for something flimsy and stupid. masters degree for $36,000? wtf is that ? some piece of paper saying you spent 12 months learning rubbish from oyinbo uni abi ? yo mama go swear for you in her grave

You may be right, but she's the 'Queen' of the house. Our late mom would have sold even her clothes to see her through her dreams...in my part of Nigeria a family does not joke with a first daughter because she is the chief Ambassador of the family, and plays a vital role in the family. My late mom would have even been more disappointed wherever she is if I didn't do that. That's the only sister I have and we can't let her ambitions go to drains, or have a man disrespect/ take advantage of her because she lacks..My mom will weep in her grave for that.

5 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Ngokafor(f): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
@op i think there's something seriously wrong with you,worse with touts that agreed with you..
...so being ungrateful has now been narrowed down to gender??...you guys really need to grow up and act your various old ages you idiots!....the fact that you are idle doesnt mean you should be stupid.
... you gave few examples and viam!, you and your cheerleaders(mostly kids incapable of wiping their a***s after pooing how much more helping anyone) concluded in your pea-brains that most Nigerian women are ungrateful...ill-mannered twats always quick to insult women and girls like they dont have mothers,sisters,aunts....

....however,i find solace in the fact that my brothers,father and my man are not n a way like most of you..that i am eternallly grateful for!
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by buoye1(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2013
Khalessi: Can these jobless douchebags on nairaland stop making the Nigerian female look bad!!!! This nonsense points you've just listed ain't exclusive to Nigerians ladies only, people from all over the world do it. angry
Geeeetout if u av notin good to add
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Jfactor(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
women, most ungrateful beings..
i helped gain access to a person who used his good office to secure her a fairly nice job. guess wat she said 2 me 'i knw i would gotten d job anyway, because dt's how God does it, really dt man (whom i linked her to) did not do anytin. i wz told i got it on merit'
unbelievable shey!! application had longd closed and interview wz 2 hold in 72hrs wen i linked her up...infact women are ungrateful. anyway i just click 'ignore' on my response keyboard to her funny smiles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

You may be right, but she's the 'Queen' of the house. Our late mom would have sold even her clothes to see her through her dreams...in my part of Nigeria a family does not joke with a first daughter because she is the chief Ambassador of the family, and plays a vital role in the family. My late mom would have even been more disappointed wherever she is if I didn't do that. That's the only sister I have and we can't let her ambitions go to drains, or have a man disrespect/ take advantage of her because she lacks..My mom will weep in her grave for that.
what is the masters degree in ?
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by buoye1(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2013
Help and never expect anythin in return!!Cikena
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Ngokafor(f): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013: Update1: I wish we don't turn this into bashing of Nigerian women. I asked 3 specific questions to see how we can train the mind of some sisters to see the benefits of being grateful, to teach brothers how to give the right way, and how to handle disappointments when they come. I pray we focus on that to make this thread more constructive.

....you better carry your questions to the romance section and not pollute this section with your nonsense..
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
luvola: @ op - the thumb rule is never expect a return whenever you help a lady ..that is the fact !! Assume i approach you to help me get a job , you will not but if a lady should approach you , you wil quickly help the person.. I need a job seriously : course - accounting , grade : 2.1 . Finished nysc 4 months ago , email - olaklives05@yahoo.com. Expecting your beep. Thanks and God bless

What's your location, and what are your job experiences? I can't communicate with you privately because that's not why I joined Nairaland, and since I'vent worked with u before may not give u references. But I can mentor you online on job search/ interview skills, and help put your CV in order to get interviews. That's where most young Nigerians get it wrong. God will see u through, bro. Don't give up. U can send to my inbox.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by eprynce(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2013
I learnt from a good man, married for more than 20yrs now that "no matter what you do for a woman, she will someday ask you ' what have you done for me since I knew you'". He advised me to have that at back of my mind so I don't lose heart when I hear it. Now you know what to do...Ignore them!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by dayokanu(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
There is an inherent entitlement mentality in Nigerian females thats not in other nationals

You go to dinner with a girl, Take transport, happen to be shopping at the same time etc its 100% certain she expects you to pay unlike elsewhere you go Dutch i.e split it. Even when both of you are not dating and earn the same money.

A girl sees a man as a cow to be milked

Its only a few that are eternally grateful

And they would even tell you to your face, "What have you done that no one hasnt done before?" They even did you a favour by accepting it.

You paid my BSc school fees? Ehn? nnamdi paid Adaobis till PhD and even bought her a car.

You got me a job in a MNC? So what? Chief Ajayi got Esther a job as a Senator

You helped me to America so what? Ahmed took Aisha to White House

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by StateOfMind: 6:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

This is a blog for Nigerians, who discuss issues peculiar to Nigerians...please go back and check the name 'Nairaland' . You absolutely have the rights to spend more time on foreign blogs. But if you wana 'waste' your time here, be ready to hear Nigerian gists. We are Nigerians, and discuss Nigerian stuff, sometime not necessarily what you may like to hear. Our great country recently passed 'Freedom Of Information Bill'. We are free at last to air our views without intimidation, thanks to GEJ grin! Remain blessed!

I can imagine how slow you are if the only thing you could deduce from my post is that I'm not a nigerian.

Keep whining about helping your sis if it makes you feel better. Ode
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by rash47(m): 6:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
buoye1: Help and never expect anythin in return!!Cikena

I tell ya, shikenan kenan. Never a female thing, d human race is generally ungrateful.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by bigheart2013(m): 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2013
Ngokafor: @op i think there's something seriously wrong with you,worse with touts that agreed with you..
...so being ungrateful has now been narrowed down to gender??...you guys really need to grow up and act your various old ages you idiots!....the fact that you are idle doesnt mean you should be stupid.
... you gave few examples and viam!, you and your cheerleaders(mostly kids incapable of wiping their a***s after pooing how much more helping anyone) concluded in your pea-brains that most Nigerian women are ungrateful...ill-mannered twats always quick to insult women and girls like they dont have mothers,sisters,aunts....

....however,i find solace in the fact that my brothers,father and my man are not n a way like most of you..that i am eternallly grateful for!

My sister, from your rant bolded here you have betrayed some level of dignity and decency educated ladies are known for. Decent ladies don't fight in the public no matter the provocation...your dignity must stands out at all times! Please No insults on people even if u disagree! Put in some thoughts before typing next time. Millions are reading. The post clearly said "Most Nigerian Ladies (Not all)". There was no generalization.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by fiercehillz(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2013
Very true...i had an awful experience 2day
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2013
I only help ladies if it is going to cost me nothing or very little. But I can do anything for a guy even though he may turn around not appreciating it.

1 Like

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by DICKtator: 6:31pm On Nov 04, 2013
Brymo: calm down,women r d most grateful personality,in d whole wrd.
@op you forgot to mention that women can lie a lot. Very big fat lies!!!!

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by AreaFada2: 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2013
appelmoieddy:
On the other hand Maybe she faced repatriation and hoped u'll understand

Without telling me first? Do you know what it means to accept a child as yours in Europe? Child support for good 18 years!!

Sure enough she was later repatriated, most likely because the found out she told a web of lies all along.
At that point, no reason to tell lies or try to implicate me.

People here have one night-stands and get pregnant, never seeing the baby father again. In fact it's better for her to say she didn't know the father.
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by GoodFaith: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2013
kokoye:

Answer to 1: That's the way most of them are wired. Ask God.

Answer to 2: Help and dont look back ...dont expect anything in return, including appreciation. Do it for God.

Answer to 3: Refer to the answer above (for question 2).

You're welcome
"Help and dont look back ...dont expect anything in return, including appreciation. Do it for God".
The Lord has always out for him, has I have out look for others
Re: Helping Most Nigerian Women End In Drama: Why? by Ngokafor(f): 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2013
bigheart2013:

My sister, from your rant bolded here you have betrayed some level of dignity and decency educated ladies are known for. Decent ladies don't fight in the public no matter the provocation...your dignity must stands out at all times! Please No insults on people even if u disagree! Put in some thoughts before typing next time. Millions are reading. The post clearly said "Most Nigerian Ladies (Not all)". There was no generalization.

Ok sorry about,i admit i was out of line and rude, but you have to admit that your topic was sexist and condescending.I've helped a couple of people(guys precisely) who took my kindness for granted,one even stabbed me in the back at work and i almost got into serious trouble..but i didnt open a thread about it castigating men now did i?..
...reason being that ungratefulness has nothing to do with gender and more of an individual thing...thats just what i want you to see.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lady Who Suddenly Went Blind In WAEC Exam Hall Poses With Her Husband & Children / International Women's Day: 10 most influential women in Nigeria 2022 / Lagos Court Grants Wives Equal Rights Over Husbands’ Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.