Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,436 members, 7,888,356 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 05:17 AM

Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (12825 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet (Locked) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2008
Abeg do quick Kadijen and come and give us feedback. smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by kadijen: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2008
just read somehwere where he claims to be God undecided and comparing himself wt jesus angry
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by youngies(m): 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2008
Tgirl4real:

@ Tayo-D;

Yeah right!!! Till he leads you right into the claws of the antichrist.

Try do a google search on Kenneth Copeland and you will see enough evidence that he is not one of us. If you claim is your pastor's pastor then himself and your pastor are both heretics. Period!!!

Please go study Matt 24. The end-times are here.
Matt. 24

vs 11: And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

vs 24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

vs 25 Behold, I have told you before.

vs 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

vs 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2008
Gamine:

You do know what sarcasm means

I din't mean to be sarcastic. The issue at hand is not a trivial one that should be glossed over. We all need to hold on to the orthodoxy of God's word and some things are clearly stated has frivolities. Believers should be modest in all their dealings.

1Ti 6:6  But godliness with contentment is great gain.
1Ti 6:7  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
1Ti 6:8  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
1Ti 6:9  But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
1Ti 6:10  For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
1Ti 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2008
This is what the bible says to all our prosperity preachers including Adeboye, Oyedepo, Copeland, Oyakhilome and co;

1Ti 6:11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

Kadijen, you can see for yourself now.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
Buying a jet

That is my own issue here.

i see nothing wrong in it, cos i know people who hv jets

and yachts.

So if a ministry thinks it is needed

why should you condemn it, when single business men have bought jets before

abi na today!

you can check their website.
http://citationx.cessna.com/home.chtml
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Enigma(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
Tgirl4real

Well said and well made points; unfortunately the prosperity "gospel" is blinding in its attraction as a result of people's desire for material things and earthly treasures. People who subscribe to it simply have difficulty accepting or sometimes even properly understanding the message of passages like those you quoted from 1 Timothy.

This is where the prosperity "gospel" is so sad ---- it makes people focus on that which Christ taught us not to pay attention to and to ignore those things which Christ taught us to focus upon.

Regarding Kenneth Copeland: if only all those who truly seek to follow Christ realise the devilish nature of some of the things he has taught they will wonder if Copeland really believes in God/Christ at all but is rather a cretin* taking people for a ride.

* Yes, I use the word cretin deliberately.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2008
Gamine, na de thing I dey talk about u be dat!!!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:00pm On Jul 17, 2008
Right on Enigma.

Because a lot of people are stuck up with this prosperity thing, they can't see. Everyone desperately wants to be rich. They don't care by what means. Though owning a jet may sound innocent, but what is the real motivation for it? Are they really motivated by Christ?

I hear someone say yes. Abeg, u no fit fool anyone. Their god is their belly and their only motivation is self.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by debosky(m): 3:03pm On Jul 17, 2008
Tgirl4real:

Right on Enigma.

Because a lot of people are stuck up with this prosperity thing, they can't see. Everyone desperately wants to be rich. They don't care by what means. Though owning a jet may sound innocent, but what is the real motivation for it? Are they really motivated by Christ?

I hear someone say yes. Abeg, u no fit fool anyone. Their god is their belly and their only motivation is self.

Judge, Jury and Prosecution all in one - why ask a question when you've already decided? What do you know of the motives and rationale behind the purchase of the jet? Is it being bought in an individual's name or for a specific purpose?

I guess those questions are irrelevant, you know everything already and you've clearly answered.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by KunleOshob(m): 3:06pm On Jul 17, 2008
1 Timothy 3:1-4:
Leaders in the Church

1 This is a trustworthy saying: “If someone aspires to be an elder,[a] he desires an honorable position.” 2 So an elder must be a man whose life is above reproach. He must be faithful to his wife. He must exercise self-control, live wisely, and have a good reputation. He must enjoy having guests in his home, and he must be able to teach. 3 He must not be a heavy drinker or be violent. He must be gentle, not quarrelsome, and not love money. 4 He must manage his own family well, having children who respect and obey him.

Passage 1 Timothy 6:3-6:
3But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not [a]assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God),
   4He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,

5And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.    6[And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

I wonder how many of our pentecostal church pastors can pass the test of scrutiny. The bible is clear church leaders should not like or emphasize money, it also predicted that some would see religion as a soucre of making money.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Tgirl-wey be another person i kno before before

Who made you a Judge sef

Go and buy jet if u need am!

Nansense!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2008
I knew this was coming up debosky,
Judge, Jury and Prosecution all in one - why ask a question when you've already decided?

We love to gloss over fundamental issues. Well, I won't argue motive with you cos the scriptures clearly states that by their fruit we shall know them. You judge for yourself. We see the fruits these ministries are producing; godless, generation. That love and respect the creature more than the creator.

Have u ever asked yourself what Jesus (the Word) thinks about the way MOG gallivants around. Scriptures says we shouldn't be friends with hypocrites, thieves and liars. But, our honourable men of gawd eat and dine with thiefs and bla bla.

Pls, learn to accept what scriptures says about people, situations and events.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2008
@ Gamine;

lol

I'm not who you think o. wink
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Seun(m): 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2008
But, our honourable men of gawd eat and dine with thiefs and bla bla.
Hmm. Didn't Jesus dine with tax collectors?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Tpesin

Whether u be or not.

What your posting dosnt tie to what i post

so lean back!

ok. smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by simmy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 17, 2008
has it occured to any1 tht he bought the plane because he needed one?
u cant buy a plane for N20 can u?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by debosky(m): 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2008
Tgirl4real:

I knew this was coming up debosky,

Please, learn to accept what scriptures says about people, situations and events.

I am still waiting patiently for you to tell me what Adeboye has done that shows that the plane is desired because 'their belly is their god'. I am not here to hold brief for thousands upon thousands of pentecostal and pentecostal claiming churches. Lets stay on point for once - What 'fruit' specifically in this case of buying a jet, can you point to in exercising your judgment?

Are you privy to any information showing that this jet is not needed or is being bought gratuitiously? Can you say there was no cost-benefit analysis done before the proposal was made or the decision arrived at? I am seriously waiting for your answers. You see, it is so easy to paint everybody black with a wide brush and make blanket condemnations, but please humor me and give us the evidence you've seen so we can 'judge' like you.

As to dining with thieves, Jesus dined with tax collectors, the religious police like your kind objected too.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by TayoD1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Tgirl4real,

1Ti 6:11  But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
1Ti 6:12  Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
This is where people just go on a tangent and lose sight of the intention of scriptures. The key to the passage you so took out of context is in verse 6 - But godliness with contentment is great gain. Contentment is what the bible teaches there and only used the issue of those who seek to be rich at all cost as an example. Unless you want to tell us that only contentment is a virtue that only the poor can possess, then you have no point.

Riches are no problem. If God can give us is Son, what is a jet? Which one is more valuable to you, the life of your son or a jetliner? Isn't the jet a tool for propagating the Gospel? While feeding the poor is important, the preaching of the Gospel is even more important. Didn't Christ say He came to preach the gospel to the poor? The words of Jesus readily comes to mind here in dealing with this situation of feeding the poor and/or spending money as needed to preach the Gospel. Jesus said: "This you should do without leaving the other undone."
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2008
Abi oooh!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2008
Hmm. Didn't Jesus dine with tax collectors?

Please read your bible very well. Jesus dined with repented tax collectors not with thieves and robbers like Oyedepo, Adeboye and co.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2008
eh JUDGE!
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by nedra: 3:43pm On Jul 17, 2008
dat is wot they use d tite u pay dem 2 do. nigerians neva learn
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tundebabzy: 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
I think its better that people stop being judges by giving reasons that Pastor Adeboye might have for getting a jet.
Besides, we are not even sure if the story is true.
Pastor Adeboye once announced that RCCG camp would soon be known as Redemption City. He talked of having an airport so that international visitors can come land directly in camp. Maybe the private jet is actually a commercial jet because to maintain a jet costs from $1,500 to $5,000 per hour. Thats to expensive by any means.
And as for people that are condemning the collection of seed offerings, its  not compulsory in RCCG to make a seed offering.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by gabelogan(m): 3:46pm On Jul 17, 2008
again, nigerians and their blind loyalty to their pastors, GO's and other generic names these people have coined to continually milk the masses.
i said it before, christians are supposed to be christ-like. when Jesus christ was preaching the gospel, the only possesions he had were his comb, his robe and his bowl (which he used to drink water) and it was written somewhere that he even gave his bowl to someone who was in need.
nowadays our supposed men of God are so flashy and wealthy, one begins to wonder if they are really propogating the word of God or enriching themselves.
What charity do they have? they build schools with the congregations money and run the schools as their personal business, charge exhorbitant fees beyond the reach of the averge and above-avergae nigerians and there is no provision for scholarship for "members of their congregation" (Gamine u go covenant, upon hw u know book reach, they give u scholarship?).
i was appaled when i was watching a documentary the other day and a nigerian female was deported from finland for prostitution. she had only the clothes she was deproted with in her and she approached the reedemed christian church for assistance and rehabilitation, instead this people were asking for money. it was the catholic church that took her in.

people open ur eyes
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tundebabzy: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2008
RCCG does not use tithes to buy private jets. If there is any major project, there is always a fund raising where the project in question is announced to the congregation.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:50pm On Jul 17, 2008
@Mr Gabe.

Thanks be to God, i didnt need scholarship.

Those that needed it direly got it!

Besyds the issue at hand is, JET smiley
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2008
I get all ya problem. You can't come to terms with the fact that your honourable man of gawd is a thief. Sorry, that is what the bible has labelled them. angry
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Gamine(f): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2008
I get your own problem.

Being a Judgemental shiksa is second nature to you.
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by TayoD1(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2008
@gabe_logan,

Where are you getting your info from - The Gospel according to Barnabas? I shudder when peple who have no biblical understanding or foundation starts telling us tales to bolster their non-biblical stance.

@Tgirl4real,

Debosky has provided a very clear format to confirming if the jet was needed or not. Do you have access to the kind of information he mentioned which could help you make a rational decision? Or is this all based on your subjective opinion?
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by tundebabzy: 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2008
gabe_logan:

again, nigerians and their blind loyalty to their pastors, GO's and other generic names these people have coined to continually milk the masses.
i said it before, christians are supposed to be christ-like. when Jesus christ was preaching the gospel, the only possesions he had were his comb, his robe and his bowl (which he used to drink water) and it was written somewhere that he even gave his bowl to someone who was in need.
nowadays our supposed men of God are so flashy and wealthy, one begins to wonder if they are really propogating the word of God or enriching themselves.
What charity do they have? they build schools with the congregations money and run the schools as their personal business, charge exhorbitant fees beyond the reach of the averge and above-avergae nigerians and there is no provision for scholarship for "members of their congregation" (Gamine u go covenant, upon hw u know book reach, they give u scholarship?).
i was appaled when i was watching a documentary the other day and a nigerian female was deported from finland for prostitution. she had only the clothes she was deproted with in her and she approached the reedemed christian church for assistance and rehabilitation, instead this people were asking for money. it was the catholic church that took her in.

Jesus that i know is and wasn't poor.
Meanwhile where did you get your inventory of Jesus' possessions?
people open your eyes
Re: Adeboye Shops For $20m Jet by Tgirl4real(f): 3:56pm On Jul 17, 2008
RCCG does not use tithes to buy private jets. If there is any major project, there is always a fund raising where the project in question is announced to the congregation.

No wonder the church get plenty money.  sad After lieing to you that you will die if you don't pay your tithe, they take special offerings again. When will people ever learn. sad sad

Gamine: study your bible and stop doing follow follow. A good advice from a dear sister.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os / The Laughter Of Yahweh: I Am The Deceiver / Apostle Suleiman Warned Kogi Governorship Candidates Of Death (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.