Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,211 members, 7,916,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 07:14 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203559 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: am with you.ride on
na una typ dey leave person run for protest
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by falconey(m): 2:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
All of una no get sense here Una no fit post comments without insults?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....Tell dis to d eyptians or tunisians.....some died but dey are liberated....do u know of the man dat started the arab spring...d tunisian man dat set himself on fire at d government house...Der was a change though people died....what of d berlin wall( d revoullution in the late 80s) is germany not one of the most successful countries in d world...When u so cherished lyf beyond the d great future of everyone den u are what?....Re u christain if u re...apostles paul,peter , john and d rest knew what was ahead of dem have tried to check how dey all died( d apostles) becos of what? So dat me and u can enjoy christainity...many might call dem fool dose days but re u not enjoyin d fruit of der labour.....Think pls Think
. Chairman forget the sermon and history stuff, its easier said than done, start the revolution nd see others support #Shikena

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Seriously this strike has taken a really different twist, this strke is almost 5 months going the six, this new act of force by the government is going to affect we the students a lot if ASUU ignores them, honestly i think NLC, TUC, everyone of them should intervene, because if care is not taken, this strike might be prolonged more than this, the both sides should just call a truce, maybe FG should give them 2 months of their salary, so that we nigerian students can resume the first week of January, a lot of time has been wasted, God pls have mercy on every nigerian student, God pls intervene in this matter. This is situation is getting out of hand.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....Tell dis to d eyptians or tunisians.....some died but dey are liberated....do u know of the man dat started the arab spring...d tunisian man dat set himself on fire at d government house...Der was a change though people died....what of d berlin wall( d revoullution in the late 80s) is germany not one of the most successful countries in d world...When u so cherished lyf beyond the d great future of everyone den u are what?....Re u christain if u re...apostles paul,peter , john and d rest knew what was ahead of dem have tried to check how dey all died( d apostles) becos of what? So dat me and u can enjoy christainity...many might call dem fool dose days but re u not enjoyin d fruit of der labour.....Think pls Think
don't ever compare the apostles to this crazy fg/ASUU palaver. The apostles died while doing the work of the Lord and their reward awaits them in heaven. If you die during protest who will you say sent you? Who will you say your protesting for,the students or ASUU or the fg? What will your reward be if eventually u die during protest, plz don't come here and be acting Mr nice guy for us like you can die in protest for this useless problem we find ourselves in and plz don't tell me its cos of the future students/education sector cos nobody will care or give a bloody hoot about you after you die!!!! Maybe you should start acting according to your words and go out in the presence of people say ur protesting cause of the strike then set yourself ablaze. Cos sitting in your father house and ranting protest won't solve anithing. Sometimes I wonder,why protest when this issues can be settled in other ways. Like I said before the issue of protest hardly works in this country of ours
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: na una typ dey leave person run for protest
hahahahahaha,abeg no do.see guy,if this problem is not resolved now,it will go on and on till God knows when.u go get pikin o,think.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
man u are spewn rubbish..wat stops u frm startn dis tin so dat odas wil folow...nnah eh people go jus dey vomit tins because dem fit type

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: Bros,fuel na 100 1 litre for my area o. Mk I buy con gv u
gbam, i volunteer ma papa motor tyre
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by phemmyjohnson: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
**LAFFING IN TONGUES** What
are these ones saying? Come do
u tink ASUU Can get all they ask 4
in totality of 100%... FG IS WISE!
How abi?? A normal reasonable
person will discover at diz stage
dat ASUU is standing wit 1 leg on
a pillar... Ordinary breeze can pull
ASUU down..We all knw ASUU is
facing internal problems now
which is the wisdom FG will use
2 defeat ASUU..WHAT ARE THESE
PROBLEMS THAT WILL BRING ASUU
DOWN:-> (1) Universities are
already pulling out of the strike
<EBSU, AAUA, UNIABUJA> and
many to come(2) The Nec
Meeting ASUU did resulted in
60-40% votes in favour of strike
2 be called off..Meaning Most
ASUU Officials are tired of the
lingering strike(3) Unilag ASUU
now have 2 factions, one
supporting and oda opposing
the strike..(4)NANS is not in
support of this ASUU strike (5)
Pro Chancellors have given the
directives for all striking
Universities to open
immediately... These are the weak
points of ASUU and FG is
capitalising on them to 'BREAK
AND DIVIDE THE UNION' ... FG can't
sack all of them because they
knw 75% of the lecturers will
prefer the educational Sector to
rot than to lose their jobs..NA
NAIJA WE DAY NW!! SO ARE U
TELLING ME DAT IF 1 OF UR
FAMILY IS A LECTURER(bread
winner) WHO EARNS ABOVE 100K
AS SALARY, YOU WILL TELL HIM/
HER TO JOKE WIT THE JOB ABI
WHEN THE SITUATION OF
UNEMPLOYMENT IS WORSE IN
NIGERIA.. FG IS JUST TRYING TO
BREAK AND DIVIDE ASUU WHICH IS
ALREADY HAPPENING..And wen dis
happens 'ASUU WILL BE
POWERLESS'

6 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Hayormeah(f): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Did anyone watch d interview with d ASUU chairman(unilag chapter) on channels tv dis mawnin?
BTW,tanks 4 liftin d ban!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
phemmy johnson: **LAFFING IN TONGUES** What
are these ones saying? Come do
u tink ASUU Can get all they ask 4
in totality of 100%... FG IS WISE!
How abi?? A normal reasonable
person will discover at diz stage
dat ASUU is standing wit 1 leg on
a pillar... Ordinary breeze can pull
ASUU down..We all knw ASUU is
facing internal problems now
which is the wisdom FG will use
2 defeat ASUU..WHAT ARE THESE
PROBLEMS THAT WILL BRING ASUU
DOWN:-> (1) Universities are
already pulling out of the strike
<EBSU, AAUA, UNIABUJA> and
many to come(2) The Nec
Meeting ASUU did resulted in
60-40% votes in favour of strike
2 be called off..Meaning Most
ASUU Officials are tired of the
lingering strike(3) Unilag ASUU
now have 2 factions, one
supporting and oda opposing
the strike..(4)NANS is not in
support of this ASUU strike (5)
Pro Chancellors have given the
directives for all striking
Universities to open
immediately... These are the weak
points of ASUU and FG is
capitalising on them to 'BREAK
AND DIVIDE THE UNION' ... FG can't
sack all of them because they
knw 75% of the lecturers will
prefer the educational Sector to
rot than to lose their jobs..NA
NAIJA WE DAY NW!! SO ARE U
TELLING ME DAT IF 1 OF UR
FAMILY IS A LECTURER(bread
winner) WHO EARNS ABOVE 100K
AS SALARY, YOU WILL TELL HIM/
HER TO JOKE WIT THE JOB ABI
WHEN THE SITUATION OF
UNEMPLOYMENT IS WORSE IN
NIGERIA.. FG IS JUST TRYING TO
BREAK AND DIVIDE ASUU WHICH IS
ALREADY HAPPENING..And wen dis
happens 'ASUU WILL BE
POWERLESS'
I agree with you but if they become powerless,fg can misbehave and fu/ck up by not implementing their promises then ASUU won't be able to strike again,even if they do the same military force will be used again.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
My dear,have just been very busy. I'll be there soon
Whew! Take it easy o! *Waitin for you*...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
tee lady: i see you decide to change ur mind again.....gud boy.......talking abt my grandpa.........you are not well brought up.......and you sound so childish, are you really an undergraduate, even my nine year old brother sounds more matured...he felt if pple like u culd b in the uni......wat is he stil doin in sec schl. And i understand hw he felt......too bad some pple sees the world b4 others. Smh 4 u
gal sharrap ur smelly mouth. U cant just make ur point without lieing. Ur 9 yr old bro dey sec sch and u dey proud to talk am. Gals and their lies.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ugosample(m): 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
I heard school reopens on Monday
. how true is this?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
NLC leader seen in aso rock,no details of his visit yet
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ugosample: I heard school reopens on Monday
. how true is this?
Whare have u been?;maybe u should go bark to d last 7 pages.Though in my humble opinion.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
philfearon:
My dear,which lecturers are you talking of? Those silly r.e.tarded bunch of hypocrites and mediocre's that read other peoples textbooks to their class instead of teaching? My dear,the truth is,most of this lecturers are rotten! "MOST!" in quote!
Aside lecturers that teach Professional courses like Law,Med/surg,OPT,Engineering courses,Architecture,etc;Others na akamu!!
It alwaz brings up the question of "how were these d.i.c.kheads employed in the first place?"....But then,we all know how!

u will be surprised so many lecturers will resume b4 d expiration...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nkwachiabel(m): 3:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
kcy: Whare have u been?;maybe u should go bark to d last 7 pages.Though in my humble opinion.
pls tell us nah.... I'm also new here. 7 pages is so far abeg
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by AderibigbeAAA(m): 3:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dear ASUU,
Please remember that you are not dealing
with AUNTY RUKA (prof Rufia Rukayah ),
and are now dealing with WIKA, you can
ask Amaechi about him.
I also want to remind you that GEJ stopped
OCCUPYNIGERIA, and nothing happened.
Please ask the Unilorin 49 lecturers how it
feels to be in court for 8years against
Unilorin management, remember you're
dealing with FG not Unilorin management.
finally, remember it now every man for
himself.
yours in the struggle,
Abdullah
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
complete1: NLC leader seen in aso rock,no details of his visit yet

guy sharrap....abeg.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
nkwachiabel: pls tell us nah.... I'm also new here. 7 pages is so far abeg
ok,latest news is 'if u knw any meber of yr family as a lectural and u love him/her,u just have to advice him/her to resume work on or before 4 of december' that is d latest news.definitely,school resume by next week
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
timisnup:
What are you sayin? Skol hostel(bunk space) na free?
It's very affordable
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by striker9(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....so wetin NANS do....when all these was happening students were sitting down on chairs typing nonsense on social media lyk u.....if everyone was touched, everystudent suppose to come out on the street and say enough is enough not only in the educational sector but in everything Nigeria......In iran who led the revolution in the 80s it was students, in greece who led the revolution it was university students...In the arab spring majorly everyone were youths and students.....Stop sitting der and complaining, stand up and fight if u hate d system....We nigerians complain and do nothing...We too lyk our lyf but we dont know smth lyf must be lost during revolutions...
Nigerian students aren't cowards,we don't want to justify all the names they ve tagged on us.They call us thugs,armed robbers,prostitute and cultist.They even call us “half baked”,please answer this question,if Nigerian students are half baked,who are the chefs?

4 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ugosample(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
kcy: Whare have u been?;maybe u should go bark to d last 7 pages.Though in my humble opinion.
i dey follow the thread. but the news just got to me.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by striker9(m): 3:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
xtophy:
i rili nid 2 be ur friend........u're veri sensible and intelligent
We are already,thanks.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

ASUU is asking government to build more hostels and classrooms but you guys do not support ASUU and now you are complaining about hostel accommodation. Please do not complain, keep renting.
Must u strike to pass such message to the govt?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
tonero92:

guy sharrap....abeg.
i suppose u've lost your sense of reasoning!u dont just quote people's comment and say nonsense cos its a faceless forum,if u're not intrested in d info jst skip it.please don't b that stvpid again ok.tanks

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sermwell(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
why can't you die first? How many hereos who died for nigeria have you seen being celebrated? Please start that revolution and die then we will know how serious you are! Bloody coward!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by ababs001: 4:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
nigerian students sacrificed their time....ASUU members sacrificed there precious salaries(going for five months without money).....FG to sacrifice some piece of sh*t they turn am to force.......i just dont know wat to say about these politicians
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
onyibajoe:
It's very affordable
Since it's affordable, you now expect evrybody to subscribe for it?
We need privacy jooor.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
a.babs001:
nigerian students sacrificed their time....ASUU members sacrificed there precious salaries(going for five months without money).....FG to sacrifice some piece of sh*t they turn am to force.......i just dont know wat to say about these politicians
dis guy don tk odeku,which sslary,no b im dem dey fyt for?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU una case tire me. You asked you employer
fo better working conditions, he promised to do
something about it. You know many people are
watching him, waiting for him to fail so that
they can criticize him. Do you think he'll let that
happen? He sat with you guys for a long time to
hear ur cries and discuss the way forward. Thats
the height of humility and respect. That action
should have been reciprocated with immediate
suspension then the talks will continue. You said
u had to tell others what he offered. He
patiently waited. Unfortunately, someone of
great importance to your union died, you
mourned him for seven days, and still delayed ur
so called NEC meeting for a few days, he still
waited patiently only for you to come back and
indirectly call him a liar and a fool. He had been
pushed to the wall. He's gonna fight back. Note
that majority of your union members voted for
immediate suspension. You people made a grave
mistake because the top officials in your union
didnt allow the the majority have their way. It
proves that there's something fishy going on
amongst you. If students are truly your priority,
why have you wasted so much time from the
4th of november?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.