Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,238 members, 7,916,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 09:24 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203562 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: my guy see its not all about calling off the strike now and sacking current lecturers or employing new ones,thats not the prob,its about the future,if fg doesn't comply with ASUU's demand now,then they will NEVER.Even the so called new lecturers dey want to employ might go on another worser strike in future.what stops the fg 4rm resolving the matter immediately?leave,fg na wayo,they are playing politics on us.
nawa o,fg say dem no go do am? Shuuu,no b from next year,ASUU jazz strong o,mk I go wash ur head for river
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lady~Jul:
babe abeg u dnt nid to ansa dat jobless fool, dats how he goes around parading d entire nairaland looking for who to make trouble with, no amount of ur talk can make him change from his stupidity dats y i'll advise u to save ur energy for sumthing beta bcus he isn't worth ur tym at all
hahaha,naso my enemies bokun for nairaland.lwkmo.all is well.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: nawa o,fg say dem no go do am? Shuuu,no b from next year,ASUU jazz strong o,mk I go wash ur head for river
guy,e be like say u no sabi your government,no be 9ja we dey?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
striker9: Sorry to say this but you spew trash up there,ASUU lost public sympathy the minute GEJ went on marathon meeting with them.Will ASUU pay for new accommodation for students?NO,the parents will,ASUU is demanding for arrears they didn't work for.Its obvious ASUU don't wanna lose at all but its ok for student to lose 5months academic calendar cause we students aren't human being abi.ASUU must be ready to sacrifice something as the Nigerian students have sacrificed 5months of there academic calendar and new payment for accommodation.
.....so wetin NANS do....when all these was happening students were sitting down on chairs typing nonsense on social media lyk u.....if everyone was touched, everystudent suppose to come out on the street and say enough is enough not only in the educational sector but in everything Nigeria......In iran who led the revolution in the 80s it was students, in greece who led the revolution it was university students...In the arab spring majorly everyone were youths and students.....Stop sitting der and complaining, stand up and fight if u hate d system....We nigerians complain and do nothing...We too lyk our lyf but we dont know smth lyf must be lost during revolutions...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: guy,e be like say u no sabi your government,no be 9ja we dey?
naso d mata b,ASUU just dey fite from d wrong syd.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
.....so wetin NANS do....when all these
was happening students were sitting
down on chairs typing nonsense on
social media lyk u who is reading dis......if everyone was
touched, every student suppose to come
out on the street and say enough is
enough not only in the educational
sector but in everything Nigeria......In
iran who led the revolution in the 80s it
was students, in greece who led the
revolution it was university students...In
the arab spring majorly everyone were
youths and students.....Stop sitting der
and complaining, stand up and fight if u
hate d system....We nigerians complain
and do nothing...We too lyk our lyf but
we dont know smth lyf must be lost
during revolutions...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
olalekan1:
i cant just beleive something like trash above can come out from the mouth of a Nigerian student. Chai! Tufiakwa.
seconded...smh
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

ASUU is asking government to build more hostels and classrooms but you guys do not support ASUU and now you are complaining about hostel accommodation. Please do not complain, keep renting.
. Wot's dis one saying??

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chidi2pus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

The truth be told ASUU is not going to loose anything; the only students that lost are the rich ones who shunned school accommodation and went to stay in off campus apartments.

Seconded but I'd rather replace "rich students" for " students who could afford"

We all know the typical Nigerian university hostel and it's demerits
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by chidi2pus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

The truth be told ASUU is not going to loose anything; the only students that lost are the rich ones who shunned school accommodation and went to stay in off campus apartments.

Seconded but I'd rather replace "rich students" for " students who could afford"

We all know the typical Nigerian hostel and it's demerits
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fynestboi: [size=48pt]NAIRALAND INTERSCHOOL DEBATE ELIMINATION ROUND

UNIBADAN VS DELSU

[/size]

no vex o...i gues u cant ban ursef because i rememba ur warnin abt doin dat to anybdy postn info contrary to ASUU mata here...jus check sha

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
olumide109: . Wot's dis one saying??
.....He is sayin d truth...so u never read the agreement....Ignorant human lyk u
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by emmanugo: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....so wetin NANS do....when all these was happening students were sitting down on chairs typing nonsense on social media lyk u.....if everyone was touched, everystudent suppose to come out on the street and say enough is enough not only in the educational sector but in everything Nigeria......In iran who led the revolution in the 80s it was students, in greece who led the revolution it was university students...In the arab spring majorly everyone were youths and students.....Stop sitting der and complaining, stand up and fight if u hate d system....We nigerians complain and do nothing...We too lyk our lyf but we dont know smth lyf must be lost during revolutions...
seriously u tot u av made a point? Y u no begn d protest na..empty vessel
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 1:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....He is sayin d truth...so u never read the agreement....Ignorant human lyk u
truth!
The old agreement or the fresh one?
You need help, like seriously

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
a.babs001:
i don't see any special difficulties in the conditions tabled by ASUU....to sign some fucking documents...pay lecturers salaries which i believe has been calculated as part of the 2013 budget.....and pay some fucking money which the FG has publicly said they have done(which was a BIGGG LIE).we guyz are our own enemies.the fact here is that the FG is such an unscrupulous lier filled with kertocratic foolz.now they want to review the labour law which i think is another dupry way of truncatting our RIGHTS.i'm also of the opinion that ASUU should call of the strike and continue interactions with FG but to do this they need atleast a legal document from the FG.now the FG ordered ASUU members back to classes or they will lose there jobs....even the military will think four times before saying this talkless of democracy.this shows clearly the FG gives no fu*k about this issue.they just want to decieve these lecturers back to class with there #1.1tr offer.i can see why the national budget waz postponed with no reasonable reason.i pray that this compellation from the FG will not secceed because if it does this will be a start of oppression to our labour laws and the government labour force....
ma broda tell dem o.what is hard in signing to an agreement you'v made.see make una open your eyes,fg na real 419 to the core.they are not even sure of themselves.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
JESSUUUUU
HOLY HOLY
JAH HAILO
JAH HAILO
*am in d spirit and am seeing tings.
HOLY
JAH HAILO
HAILO
JAH HAILO
HAILO.
HOLY

i foresee that the strike will SOON be called off, BUT this thread has to reach its 1005th page first before that will happen.
Prophet Emeritus. Screenager ODIN
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
No breaking news 2day ni
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....so wetin NANS do....when all these
during revolutions...
Did i hear you say revolution?
In Nigeria?
You are praying for war in dis country?
You be small pikin, your eyes neva open at all. You beta go and return dat fone you are using to browse to the owner

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
some people here dey complain of hostel accomdation.....So nigeria students cant sacrifice few months for der hostel accomdation for d betterment of d whole system including better hostels.....FG dat sign the unesco pact of offering 26% of budget to education have dey honored it...i find it amazing for a nigerian to be in support of the Government knowing how it is, den y complain of d country when u luv d corruption, inseceirity, d records of fraud bad governance and stupidity as a whole
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by topstar80(m): 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
during revolutions...
..oga start..I WILL FOLLOW....#asap#
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: naso d mata b,ASUU just dey fite from d wrong syd.
if ASUU dnt fite now,they will lose for ever.relax.the fg are criminals in high places.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 1:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
timisnup:
Did i hear you say revolution?
In Nigeria?
You are praying for war in dis country?
You be small pikin, your eyes neva open at all. You beta go and return dat fone you are using to browse to the owner
....You are so ignorant go check difference between revolution and war....it seems u luv d system den dont complain again......Revolution is all about change not war....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
during revolutions...
you funny oooo!!!!!!! Your sounding like your not in Nigeria or don't know what happens in Nigeria during protest. Is in not in Nigeria that you'll hear of policemen killing protesters or hear of stray bullet killing&injuring protesters or haven't you heard of people dying and getting injured due to suffocation and stampede caused by tear gas? As far as I'm concerned There's nothing as peaceful protest without those wicked brutal security personnel interfaring. you bloody hypocrite talking about protesting and voicing out in the street can start it,be the leader of the protest be in the front line of the protest and probably be the first to die during the protest buh be rest assured that you'll die in vain!!!!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Miner13: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2013
What baffle me most is why people are pointing accusing fingers to ASUU and yet value education obtainable in other countries and possibly our private universities.why we solemly wait as students both'undergraduate and post graduate' 4 logical end to the strike that has bastardized our education system. Lol!
We all failed as nigerians to put in our best towards resolvin this lingering issue bt we rather raise our voice nd point our fingers in 2tal disbelieved coz of our corrupt mindset against those who stood up 4 our course 2 rebuild d educatn sector.
MY STAND IS "ITZ TIM WE AS YOUTH OF DIS GREAT COUNTRY NIGERIA RE-ESTABLISHED D LOST GLORY OF OUR DEAR MOTHERLAND.
####Remeber dis
d states(USA) GOT D RIGHT STARTING PILLAR OVER 200YRS AGO.... GOD BLESS AMERICA WS DIA SLOGAN

SA(south africa) WER LUCKY 2 START IN D HANDS OF GUD ND DEDICATED LEADERS

GHANIANS YOUTH RISE 2 FIGHT AGAINST D FLOP IN DIA ECONOMY. MUCH DEDICATN. ND A STRIKE IN DIA EDUCATN SECTOR 4 A YEAR ND HALF, REMEBA OUR SLOGAN IN 9JA DEN 'ghana must go'

BT HIA IN NIGERIA WIT OUR DESTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. IF AM ABLE 2 SATISFY MYSEF I DNT BLOODY CARE ANODA PERSON ATTITUDE.
Hmmmmmm
LET JOIN 2GEDA IN UNITY
LETS SHOW OUR DEDICATN 2 OUR DEAR LAND
THINK POSITIVE!
ACT POSITIVE!!
WORK POSITIVE!!! ND 2GEDA WIL WE REBUILD OUR EDUCATN 2 MIT D WORLD STANDARD.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU’s fresh demands act of sabotage, says Donon November 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm in News
Uyo – A Lecturer at the University of Calabar, Dr Edidiong Ebitu, has described the new demands by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as an act of sabotage of the education sector.
Ebitu made the declaration on Friday in an interview in Uyo.
The teacher, who is a senior lecturer in the Department of Marketing in the university, said he was in support of the Federal Government’s directive that lecturers should resume classes.
“The various branches of ASUU had already voted to resume classes. The over four-months strike has done enough damage to the system.
“The president had made reasonable concessions, so ASUU should resume for other things to fall in place,” he said.
However, reacting to Ebitu’s views, the Secretary of the University of Uyo Branch of ASUU, Dr Aniekan Brown, debunked the claim that ASUU was making fresh demands.
“ASUU is not making fresh demands, ASUU is asking for the implementation of 2009 agreements.
“If any ASUU member says ASUU is making fresh demands, I doubt if that person is an ASUU member, that person is not informed,” Brown said.
ASUU is demanding among other things, immediate payment of all outstanding salary arrears and allowances of members withheld during the strike.
The union is also demanding a written commitment from the president that N225 billion will be committed to funding universities annually for the next four years.
The Federal Ministry of Education had on Nov. 28, directed the authorities of federal universities to re-open classes immediately and to treat lecturers who refused to resume work as having resigned. (NAN)
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: some people here dey complain of hostel accomdation.....So nigeria students cant sacrifice few months for der hostel accomdation for d betterment of d whole system including better hostels.....FG dat sign the unesco pact of offering 26% of budget to education have dey honored it...i find it amazing for a nigerian to be in support of the Government knowing how it is, den y complain of d country when u luv d corruption, inseceirity, d records of fraud bad governance and stupidity as a whole
sum1 is seeing wat am seeing.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by mvem(m): 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
kolidave: you funny oooo!!!!!!! Your sounding like your not in Nigeria or don't know what happens in Nigeria during protest. Is in not in Nigeria that you'll hear of policemen killing protesters or hear of stray bullet killing&injuring protesters or haven't you heard of people dying and getting injured due to suffocation and stampede caused by tear gas? As far as I'm concerned There's nothing as peaceful protest without those wicked brutal security personnel interfaring. you bloody hypocrite talking about protesting and voicing out in the street can start it,be the leader of the protest be in the front line of the protest and probably be the first to die during the protest buh be rest assured that you'll die in vain!!!!!
.....Tell dis to d eyptians or tunisians.....some died but dey are liberated....do u know of the man dat started the arab spring...d tunisian man dat set himself on fire at d government house...Der was a change though people died....what of d berlin wall( d revoullution in the late 80s) is germany not one of the most successful countries in d world...When u so cherished lyf beyond the d great future of everyone den u are what?....Re u christain if u re...apostles paul,peter , john and d rest knew what was ahead of dem,have u tried to check how dey all died( d apostles) becos of what? So dat me and u can enjoy christainity...many might call dem fool dose days but re u not enjoyin d fruit of der labour.....Think pls Think
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
olumide109: ASUU’s fresh demands act of sabotage, says Donon November 29, 2013 at 1:34 pm in News
Uyo – A Lecturer at the University of Calabar, Dr Edidiong Ebitu, has described the new demands by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) as an act of sabotage of the education sector.
Ebitu made the declaration on Friday in an interview in Uyo.
The teacher, who is a senior lecturer in the Department of Marketing in the university, said he was in support of the Federal Government’s directive that lecturers should resume classes.
“The various branches of ASUU had already voted to resume classes. The over four-months strike has done enough damage to the system.
“The president had made reasonable concessions, so ASUU should resume for other things to fall in place,” he said.
However, reacting to Ebitu’s views, the Secretary of the University of Uyo Branch of ASUU, Dr Aniekan Brown, debunked the claim that ASUU was making fresh demands.
“ASUU is not making fresh demands, ASUU is asking for the implementation of 2009 agreements.
“If any ASUU member says ASUU is making fresh demands, I doubt if that person is an ASUU member, that person is not informed,” Brown said.
ASUU is demanding among other things, immediate payment of all outstanding salary arrears and allowances of members withheld during the strike.
The union is also demanding a written commitment from the president that N225 billion will be committed to funding universities annually for the next four years.
The Federal Ministry of Education had on Nov. 28, directed the authorities of federal universities to re-open classes immediately and to treat lecturers who refused to resume work as having resigned. (NAN)
Aniekan Brown tell them watsup.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nkwachiabel(m): 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2013
We are all here commenting, abusing each other bringing up our own views even fighting.... What's the use of all this when the govt can't hear us We keep on sayin what each oda feels buh is it changing anyfin Instead of u guys 2 be praying for positive results to come out. You're here abusing each oda. Smh. I wonder if commenting on nairaland even gives u hope or shatters ur hopes of calling off dis strike soon.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....Tell dis to d eyptians or tunisians.....some died but dey are liberated....do u know of the man dat started the arab spring...d tunisian man dat set himself on fire at d government house...Der was a change though people died....what of d berlin wall( d revoullution in the late 80s) is germany not one of the most successful countries in d world...When u so cherished lyf beyond the d great future of everyone den u are what?....Re u christain if u re...apostles paul,peter , john and d rest knew what was ahead of dem have tried to check how dey all died( d apostles) becos of what? So dat me and u can enjoy christainity...many might call dem fool dose days but re u not enjoyin d fruit of der labour.....Think pls Think
am with you.ride on
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nkwachiabel(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: .....Tell dis to d eyptians or tunisians.....some died but dey are liberated....do u know of the man dat started the arab spring...d tunisian man dat set himself on fire at d government house...Der was a change though people died....what of d berlin wall( d revoullution in the late 80s) is germany not one of the most successful countries in d world...When u so cherished lyf beyond the d great future of everyone den u are what?....Re u christain if u re...apostles paul,peter , john and d rest knew what was ahead of dem have tried to check how dey all died( d apostles) becos of what? So dat me and u can enjoy christainity...many might call dem fool dose days but re u not enjoyin d fruit of der labour.....Think pls Think
why don't you start the protest You also love your life. Do u tink we hate ours Die for us so.... Who will even mourn u for 2 days. Stop saying what u can't do pls. Jst shut up if u can't do what u r saying. Thanks
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Bros,fuel na 100 1 litre for my area o. Mk I buy con gv u

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.