Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,840 members, 7,948,982 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203894 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:20am On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: the thing is ASUU dnt av plans to call off the strike b4 january 2014.
na dem knw o,time dey go
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 11:23am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU beta not call off the strike, if not the purpose of the strike has been defeated, If truely the FG has d student @ heart they should sign the agreement and release the 100Billion, ASUU knows FG will not pay that money, it very obvious. That idiot Wike coming on Air 2 rant that they wil sack all the lecturers is really a big joke! That can never happen and it com to show that ASUU were right, FG are the one playin politics here.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by striker9(m): 11:27am On Nov 29, 2013
tunex23: ASUU beta not call off the strike, if not the purpose of the strike has been defeated, If truely the FG has d student @ heart they should sign the agreement and release the 100Billion, ASUU knows FG will not pay that money, it very obvious. That idiot Wike coming on Air 2 rant that they wil sack all the lecturers is really a big joke! That can never happen and it com to show that ASUU were right, FG are the one playin politics here.
ASUU shouldn't call off the strike?you go hear am from other posters.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Otunbalarry: 11:29am On Nov 29, 2013
tunex23: ASUU beta not call off the strike, if not the purpose of the strike has been defeated, If truely the FG has d student @ heart they should sign the agreement and release the 100Billion, ASUU knows FG will not pay that money, it very obvious. That idiot Wike coming on Air 2 rant that they wil sack all the lecturers is really a big joke! That can never happen and it com to show that ASUU were right, FG are the one playin politics here.
are you a student?and why are you being sentimental?please,state facts to back-up your points and dont just comment anyaw,though you have the right to your opinion,but don't be selfish! ASUU has lost pubic sympathy and remember anybody who fights his/her employer must have another job ready,bkos sack is dfinitely looming,you can't bite the hand dat feeds you and still want that same hand to feed u! Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by SirTunechi(f): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: ur middle name na curse? Notn wen u dey eva dey tlk wen u no go curse,my broda change
do i look like a male in your eye, are you a learner
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by SirTunechi(f): 11:33am On Nov 29, 2013
Drazen99: I cant begin to imagine how dull you are since u cannot read the first sentence in my post.you profer solution na.dummy.
oya die nau. Mumú, slowpoke, if you nor get gist Bleep awt.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 11:35am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU beta not call off the strike, if not the purpose of the strike has been defeated, If truely the FG has d student @ heart they should sign the agreement and release the 100Billion, ASUU knows FG will not pay that money, it very obvious. That idiot Wike coming on Air 2 rant that they wil sack all the lecturers is really a big joke! That can never happen and it com to show that ASUU were right, FG are the one playin politics here.
SOLUTION: FG should pay ASUU all their 5month salaries without delay, reason is becos the FG were the reason ASUU embark on the strike, if FG has been sincere enuf and keep their own side of the 2009 bargain ASUU wouldn't hav gone on strike in the first place.
2. Let president Goodluck Sign the agreement and the attorney general of the federation since we know that FG are not trustworthy. I don't c anytin wrong in dis as far as FG are really sincere 2 release those money.
3. The 100billion should b release wit immediate effect since it was part of the agreement, FG keeps lieing 2 us that they release 100billion which all the Fed univ said they did not c any. This still shows FG are not sincere @ all.
If this 3 requirement are fulfilled am 100% sure ASUU will call off within the next 48hrs. FG should simply implement this and stop deceiving nigerians. I know some pple wil disagree wit me, it normal but the truth of the matter is the problem is with FG not ASUU @ all.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Teaser4(m): 11:36am On Nov 29, 2013
All I want for my birthday is Fagge's head

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 11:36am On Nov 29, 2013
SOLUTION: FG should pay ASUU all their 5month salaries without delay, reason is becos the FG were the reason ASUU embark on the strike, if FG has been sincere enuf and keep their own side of the 2009 bargain ASUU wouldn't hav gone on strike in the first place.
2. Let president Goodluck Sign the agreement and the attorney general of the federation since we know that FG are not trustworthy. I don't c anytin wrong in dis as far as FG are really sincere 2 release those money.
3. The 100billion should b release wit immediate effect since it was part of the agreement, FG keeps lieing 2 us that they release 100billion which all the Fed univ said they did not c any. This still shows FG are not sincere @ all.
If this 3 requirement are fulfilled am 100% sure ASUU will call off within the next 48hrs. FG should simply implement this and stop deceiving nigerians. I know some pple wil disagree wit me, it normal but the truth of the matter is the problem is with FG not ASUU @ all.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
bro no be for ur eye dem agree d 1tr ish? Which purpose con defeat? D 100 bil is nt d ish here its d salary n ASUU came again saying dat its 225 bilion a year nt 220 again. Person wen gt sense dey do like dat?
Read my status,dat is to show dat I dey para for naija,na onli education? Na onli uni? If every tyn no flow ntn go good,no lite no good road,ntn dey gv person joy. Hw u go expect education to flow.
D one wen dey vex me na ppl wen go dey happy for super eagles n golden eaglet,wen beta tyn dey at stake,if I hama today na bye bye o,I fit go stay for benin rep sef,dey r beta Dan us. Truthful ppl,dey rarely accept bribe.
Naija as a whole Is bad,we nid to face corruption n leave dis education mata first,no b educated folks dey jonz us,dem azik n enaharo dose ones gt foreign edu,bt dey corrupt,na dem cause,civil war,dem just fite for independence to eat d money alone. Upon all deir white education,so education is not d solution to our problem.
#I wish i was not nigerian#

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:37am On Nov 29, 2013
striker9: Intelligent post,don't really know if FG can pull this off.Some lecturers might opt out of the strike cause ASUU has lost public sympathy.

Interesting; actually tempted to let out a big laugh but oh well December 4 is not far away.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:39am On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: bro no be for ur eye dem agree d 1tr ish? Which purpose con defeat? D 100 bil is nt d ish here its d salary n ASUU came again saying dat its 225 bilion a year nt 220 again. Person wen gt sense dey do like dat?
Read my status,dat is to show dat I dey para for naija,na onli education? Na onli uni? If every tyn no flow ntn go good,no lite no good road,ntn dey gv person joy. Hw u go expect education to flow.
D one wen dey vex me na ppl wen go dey happy for super eagles n golden eaglet,wen beta tyn dey at stake,if I hama today na bye bye o,I fit go stay for benin rep sef,dey r beta Dan us. Truthful ppl,dey rarely accept bribe.
Naija as a whole Is bad,we nid to face corruption n leave dis education mata first,no b educated folks dey jonz us,dem azik n enaharo dose ones gt foreign edu,bt dey corrupt,na dem cause,civil war,dem just fite for independence to eat d money alone. Upon all deir white education,so education is not d solution to our problem.
#I wish i was not nigerian#

Did you read the letter from ASUU to GEJ? Kindly show us the paragraph and sentence that salary was referred to.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

Did you read the letter from ASUU to GEJ? Kindly show us the paragraph and sentence that salary was referred to.
my guy na ASUU member show u d leta,? ☺k,so y r dey still on strike.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 11:42am On Nov 29, 2013
kolidave: I don confuse die. Who I go support,presently sitting on the fence. Both parties are somehow right and wrong at the same time
seriously...bt I fink ASUU should v made all deir point clear wen dey had d meeting wif d president. Its quite unfortunate. I fink d strike has just began. Bt GEJ can end all dis. Asap
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 11:44am On Nov 29, 2013
[b]ASUU got it all wrong by making new demands. ASUU Have forced the students to unduly sacrificed thier time which I think they should also sacrifice thier salary also. On the other hand,fg has shifted ground. I expected ASUU to do the same after 13hours meeting with the president.Mind u,this is the first time in history the president of this nation met with the union.
Vice president sambo met with them,they refused. Senate president nkor,they refused. The president and his officials met with them but instead of them to call it off,they instead brought out fresh demands which was outrageous. Asking for salaries that they didn't work for. Ordering the FG as if they employed them. Since ASUU has refuse to lisen to the president,they should wait for obama and putin to lisen to naw. What is actually wrong with calling off the strike and continue negotiations? A Lot of people supported this aimless union at the beginning but now,it is now glaring that the union took it too far. it is now obvious that there is more to the demands than what ASUU is displaying.
Clergymen,traditional leaders etc have been begging ASUU to call it off and continue negotiations but they didn't.
Jonathan made sure he exhausted all option before taking this decision.ASUU ought to have bowed out when the ovation was high. For those of you thinking ASUU is too highheaded to be compelled to resume work,just wait till d 7days ultimatum has exhausted.[/b]

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

are you now saying ASUU never made mention of govt paying their 4months salary??
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tunex23: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2013
Otunbalarry: are you a student?and why are you being sentimental?please,state facts to back-up your points and dont just comment anyaw,though you have the right to your opinion,but don't be selfish! ASUU has lost pubic sympathy and remember anybody who fights his/her employer must have another job ready,bkos sack is dfinitely looming,you can't bite the hand dat feeds you and still want that same hand to feed u! Enough is enough!
ASUU lost public sympathy here on nairaland, I hav listen to many radio and tv talk show a lot of parent and student are on ASUU side, the way we tink and reason differs, so you dnt expect everyone to side FG and ASUU. As for the Sack, we are just few days ahead! We shall see who wins.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by smithutomi: 11:48am On Nov 29, 2013
I fink Jonathan can end all dis crap wif just anoda meaningful meeting wif ASUU...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by elrony(m): 11:51am On Nov 29, 2013
Insincerity at its peak....smh for this country!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2013
gcfr.com:
are you now saying ASUU never made mention of govt paying their 4months salary??
I tire o,leave am mk dem dey show am photoshop leta
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 11:53am On Nov 29, 2013
tunex23: ASUU lost public sympathy here on nairaland, I hav listen to many radio and tv talk show a lot of parent and student are on ASUU side, the way we tink and reason differs, so you dnt expect everyone to side FG and ASUU. As for the Sack, we are just few days ahead! We shall see who wins.
Keep quiet.what are you saying? Student n parents? Fyi,the only concern parent show for ASUU is that they said jonathan decision to forcefully sending back to resumption is too harsh. Aside that,they have highly supported the govt recently especially in this era of unending strike action.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Spencer63(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
I hear say NLC wan interfere now

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Eracee: 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Those group of persons dat has d mind set that fg cn't sack any lecturer that refuses 2 go back 2 sch are all ignorant.one big question u av 2 ask is dis:who are d bedrock of all government owned institutions?it is d sole prerogative of d government wit d support of d governing councils 2 sack or appointment any lecturer.ASUU,d struggle is already over,u av lost my sympathy also wit other students.I guess very soon we will all go back 2 sch
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:54am On Nov 29, 2013
gcfr.com:

We are referring to the written letter, can you please show us?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 11:55am On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: I tire o,leave am mk dem dey show am photoshop leta

Who photoshopped it? Is it nairaland or who?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sermwell(m): 11:57am On Nov 29, 2013
you are talking trash! So you are so daft not to know that the new labour law( which deals with the relationship between an employer and his employee) which came to effect last year requires that any strike embark upon by an employee exceeding THREE MONTHS shall be PAY FREE! Secondly, there is no where in our laws where the president is required to sign an agreement reached with any union personally except such agreement is belateral(between 2 countries)! So for ASUU to ask the president to sign this agreement personally when the secretary to the ministry of education has already signed is a clear violation of the law!

Please always endevour to get your facts right before posting!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 11:59am On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

Who photoshopped it? Is it nairaland or who?
na for ASUU secretariat,or h/q u go collect am? Abi dem gv u?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by teelady(f): 11:59am On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: all this wan u dey do na show,we dey internet na,any body can claim class.i don tell you my own,if na you dey that pic,no allow make i see you for future situation o cos i go show you my yanch.
hahahehechinchehe, i laugh in chinese......oh my God am so scared......guy abeg any day wey u see me, remind me like this(that mumu guy from nairaland),and am happy to let you know that you can beat me up bigtime,...but the question is........do you actually think beating me up will make you a man or will you actually get out of it still upright or mayb crawling? Guy think about it.....even if ur chest big, no decieve ursef....i no fit beat you o......but wetin pple around go hear,reach make them cripple you....thats if you still dey concious. #bringitonabeg

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sermwell(m): 12:01pm On Nov 29, 2013
smithutomi: I fink Jonathan can end all dis crap wif just anoda meaningful meeting wif ASUU...
no more meeting! Let ASUU ffuck off! I saw this sshit coming!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: na for ASUU secretariat,or h/q u go collect am? Abi dem gv u?

it is on page 59 of this thread, you just proved the saying right that if you want to hide something from a black man, put in writing and keep it in a book, he will not see it.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
otokx:

it is on page 59 of this thread, you just proved the saying right that if you want to hide something from a black man, put in writing and keep it in a book, he will not see it.
my broda,u dey bliv leta wen dem put for internet,no b for TV n radio stations dem dey tlk abt salary? Abeg I don tire my broda
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by striker9(m): 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
tunex23: ASUU lost public sympathy here on nairaland, I hav listen to many radio and tv talk show a lot of parent and student are on ASUU side, the way we tink and reason differs, so you dnt expect everyone to side FG anwd ASUU. As for the Sack, we are just few days ahead! We shall see who wins.
Sorry to say this but you spew trash up there,ASUU lost public sympathy the minute GEJ went on marathon meeting with them.Will ASUU pay for new accommodation for students?NO,the parents will,ASUU is demanding for arrears they didn't work for.Its obvious ASUU don't wanna lose at all but its ok for student to lose 5months academic calendar cause we students aren't human being abi.ASUU must be ready to sacrifice something as the Nigerian students have sacrificed 5months of there academic calendar and new payment for accommodation.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.