Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,795 members, 7,948,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:09 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203886 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eluquenson(m): 6:43am On Nov 29, 2013
Pat £inst£in:

U sound like a lecturer undecided cry

Am not a lecturer, but this has been the situation in this country, we always get tired of fighting for our right, we always be afraid. Let the govt be aware of the fallen in standard of education in this country.
We all know how much they embezzle on daily basis but yet we don't care. We don't need to shy away from the truth.
Let GEJ cripple the education sector cos their children doesn't school here.

What I realize among we Nigerians is that we don't seems to like hearing the truth.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 7:06am On Nov 29, 2013
kcy: wike i mean wicked,mr president should put every things in place b4 imposing threats on the striking lecturals.my fellow students let's 4get our intense desire to go bark to school,we all knw what ASUU is demanding for is 4 our own good aside frm their own seeking allowances,painfull that we are nt having good student union in nigeria.when nothing has been done still on negotiations,fg now imposing treats on lectural it is called unfair traps
What is this one saying..do u mean to tell me the four months arrears they are fighting for now and they continuing insistence to go on wit the strike untill it is paid to them is a also a fighting for us?..huh?give me a break.stop been sentimental my frnd

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU re ntn but criminals! You want to get paid for staying at home doing nothing? What bout we d studnts who will ve to pay some crazy amount of money as house rents? Ole!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:22am On Nov 29, 2013
Have any of you read the letter to FG by ASUU? There is no talk of salary there, you students better shine eye o, FG is taking you guys for a bad ride.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 7:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Ekob:
What is this one saying..do u mean to tell me the four months arrears they are fighting for now and they continuing insistence to go on wit the strike untill it is paid to them is a also a fighting for us?..huh?give me a break.stop been sentimental my frnd

Did you read the letter from ASUU to GEJ?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Ekob:
Guy,i should be asking u what u ware taking abt,are they only fighting 4 their allowances..let's us take d reality and stop been sentimental.ASUU is fighting for good standard of education.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 7:24am On Nov 29, 2013
Quinnlee: Hahahaha....i lyk nairaland because ppl's coments make me hapi......
Me too
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 29, 2013
fg abeg,make e be january tinz mbok,for almost 4 month una no take action,na when christmas wan reach na den una wan come take action,no allow make i swear for una o.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 7:37am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU has failed from day one,dey no dey carry ppl along,hw we go tk knw wetyn dey sup. Go and read d agreement well,u go dey see car loan,house loan,land,n so on. I just weak.
Good morning all
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 29, 2013
kcy: Guy,i should be asking u what u ware taking abt,are they only fighting 4 their allowances..let's us take d reality and stop been sentimental.ASUU Is fighting for good standard of education.
Good standard of education my foot! Wait a second,ain't the so called ASUU members lecturers? They are the ones causing the downfall of the university system in Nigeria for crying out loud! I can never go to a lecturer's office in my school,why? Coz those that went never came out the same! For the males,they pay a lot of money and the females pay with their bodies(unless you are prepared to grow grey hairs in school). Let's face reality here,these men are SELFISH,selfish in every sense of the word,speak for yourself if you think they are fighting for you. As for me,its a no no,they are only fighting for their insatiable thirst and quest for money,period!

7 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tlaret24(m): 7:40am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU dismisses FG’s threat to sack lecturers.

The Academic Staff Union of Universities has said the
Federal Government’s December 4 ultimatum issued
to universities teachers to return to the classrooms is
a clear indication that the government is not
committed to implementing any of the resolutions it
reached with the union.
While reacting to the threat of the Federal
Government to sack the lecturers if they fail to call
off their five-month strike by Wednesday nest week,
ASUU National Treasurer, Dr. Ademola Aremu, said
the union was shocked that the government could
have such plan when there was a shortfall of 60,000
lecturers in Nigerian universities, owing to the
government’s failure to employ enough teachers.
He added that the threat would not hinder the
union’s determination to ensure that Nigerian
universities were well funded.
He said, “It is a pity if the Federal Government is not
willing to perfect the resolutions reached with the
union. This is why we find it difficult to trust our
leaders by their words. How can someone be
threatening to sack lecturers when universities are
already short-staffed by almost 60,000? We are not
in a military era. The military tried it and failed. This
one will fail again. They can re-open the schools.
ASUU did not shut the universities; it was the school
management that ordered the students to go back
home.”
ASUU added that the FG was wasting the time of
Nigerians and youths in the country by failing to
perfect the resolutions so that classes could resume
in the schools.
Making reference to the failure of the government to
honour the agreements it entered with resident
doctors and health workers after they suspended
their strikes, the union said it had reasons to be wary
of the government, adding that the threat was an
insult to the sensibilities of Nigerians who were
waiting for the government for a positive reaction.
“With the latest action, the government has shown
that it is not committed to all it has been saying. We
are saying that since we agreed at the meeting that
the sum of N200bn is for 2012 and 2013
revitalisation, the government should deposit same
in the Central Bank of Nigerian. We are already in
November and December is around the corner. If
they don’t do that now, when do they want to do it?”
Aremu said.
www.punchng.com/news/ASUU-dismisses-fgs-threat-to-sack-lecturers/

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eluquenson(m): 7:44am On Nov 29, 2013
Olril18:
you are a fool..even a mad man should know ASUU has lost their objectives for this strike...keeping students at home in the name of fighting for them is the joke of the century!

I can see you are aggrieved but the fact still remains the same undecided
The FG is just being stubborn, they cannot say that they do not have that money. The annoying thing in the whole thing is that those at the top always expect those below to make sacrifices while they don't. There's nothing wrong if they all in government make a positive move and donate a portion of their 'VERY FAT SALARIES', then we'll know that they are willing to invest in the future of the Nigerian youth rather than giving orders. You hypocrite

https://www.nairaland.com/1497665/nigerian-leaders-emulate-jose-mujical

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 7:45am On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
Good standard of education my foot! Wait a second,ain't the so called ASUU members lecturers? They are the ones causing the downfall of the university system in Nigeria for crying out loud! I can never go to a lecturer's office in my school,why? Coz those that went never came out the same! For the males,they pay a lot of money and the females pay with their bodies(unless you are prepared to grow grey hairs in school). Let's face reality here,these men are SELFISH,selfish in every sense of the word,speak for yourself if you think they are fighting for you. As for me,its a no no,they are only fighting for their insatiable thirst and quest for money,period!
Oh dear! Ah feel ur pain! Ah have been looking for you..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by safarigirl(f): 7:46am On Nov 29, 2013
lol, fg wan sack lecturers wey dem no evwn get....saxk them and they'll find jobs elaewhere, no be during strike likw this wwy Wole Soyinka port go jand?

most of these lecturers, especially profs aren't looking for jobs, even Uganda put up an ad for nigerian lecturers
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 29, 2013
UNILAG faction backs FG

The anti-strike faction of ASUU in theUniversity of Lagos, on Thursday,expressed its total support for theresumption ultimatum and sack threatissued on striking lecturers nationwideby the Federal Government.The faction also denied beingsponsored by the government.The group, led by two members ofUNILAG ASUU-NEC, had parted wayswith the mainstream ASUU, over itscontinued participation in the strike,as it issued the latter an ultimatum onMonday to pull out by the end of thisweek.
Leader of the breakaway faction, DrEmmanuel Ogbeide, who spoke to theNigerian Tribune on phone, wasconfident that UNILAG would resumebefore the expiration of theultimatum, while maintaining that thesack of those who refused to complywould be lawful.Ogbeide, who alongside anotherleader of the faction, Dr AdeyemiDaramola, had engaged the ASUUleadership in war of words, described their colleagues who could not speakout against the strike but werecomplaining in private as hypocrites.According to him, “UNILAG will surely resume work before December 4.
The school governing council has the rightto sack lecturers who did not conform with that decision.”culled from NIGERIA TRIBUNE
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eluquenson(m): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2013
odizeey: my broda if u b lecturer go bk o,if nt na hunger strike go b ur next strike o

Am not a lecturer, i know what you guys are going through staying at home but its in your(student & lecturer) best interest.
We just have to persevere and let our govt meet ASUU demand, it is when the issues that affect the citizen arise thats when the govt dont have fund, Oduah bought 2 cars without the public knowing if not for a whistle blower, so much more of this country treasury that has been looted by these fools in govt.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eluquenson(m): 7:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Dj hack: Wu iz this asshol*.....idiot! feel like planking u....

Sorry dude, i can see how you feel sitting at home doing nothing, embarassed why cant you go to mechanic village and acquire some skills before going back to school.
Back to the topic:
This only show the level of insincerity of the government. If they really mean to honour the agreements reached why would they be unwilling to make the agreement legal and binding rather, they want to resort to force.... Jona is no longer a president but a Head of state... tongue
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: lol, fg wan sack lecturers wey dem no evwn get....saxk them and they'll find jobs elaewhere, no be during strike likw this wwy Wole Soyinka port go jand?

most of these lecturers, especially profs aren't looking for jobs, even Uganda put up an ad for nigerian lecturers
My dear,which lecturers are you talking of? Those silly r.e.tarded bunch of hypocrites and mediocre's that read other peoples textbooks to their class instead of teaching? My dear,the truth is,most of this lecturers are rotten! "MOST!" in quote!
Aside lecturers that teach Professional courses like Law,Med/surg,OPT,Engineering courses,Architecture,etc;Others na akamu!!
It alwaz brings up the question of "how were these d.i.c.kheads employed in the first place?"....But then,we all know how!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by skimarvel: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
oluafolabi: UNILAG faction backs FG

The anti-strike faction of ASUU in theUniversity of Lagos, on Thursday,expressed its total support for theresumption ultimatum and sack threatissued on striking lecturers nationwideby the Federal Government.The faction also denied beingsponsored by the government.The group, led by two members ofUNILAG ASUU-NEC, had parted wayswith the mainstream ASUU, over itscontinued participation in the strike,as it issued the latter an ultimatum onMonday to pull out by the end of thisweek.
Leader of the breakaway faction, DrEmmanuel Ogbeide, who spoke to theNigerian Tribune on phone, wasconfident that UNILAG would resumebefore the expiration of theultimatum, while maintaining that thesack of those who refused to complywould be lawful.Ogbeide, who alongside anotherleader of the faction, Dr AdeyemiDaramola, had engaged the ASUUleadership in war of words, described their colleagues who could not speakout against the strike but werecomplaining in private as hypocrites.According to him, “UNILAG will surely resume work before December 4.
The school governing council has the rightto sack lecturers who did not conform with that decision.”culled from NIGERIA TRIBUNE
[color=#990000][/color]I feel like liking diz diz story 100 times over(buh the ''like'' key no click)
GREATEST AKOKITES
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by skimarvel: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
oluafolabi: UNILAG faction backs FG

[color=#990000][/color]I feel like liking diz diz story 100 times over(buh the ''like'' key no click)
GREATEST AKOKITES
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by eluquenson(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2013
My heart felt for student sitting at home for regrettable 5 month in there career, FG is known for their insincerity and ASUU is not leaving any stone unturned, its good for there interest and future of Nigeria education, it sorrowful & that pains cannot be ignored.
That's the basic truth for those who has understanding.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nusooo: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2013
For any Union, their main objective is for their own benefits. Student union what is your own aim concerning the strike, for strike to continue or called off? Any move to call off the strike is welcome! ASUU are educationist and researcher, they should have find another means to achieve their aim/demand rather than the strike, wasting student time as much as their demand are not met. Fg also cannot implement those demand since 2009, what a pity? Well let the strike called off either by force or whatever!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2013
My uncle that is teaching in benue poly has dusted his cv and waiting 2 b employed in FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE MKD,he said many others like him will follow suit,i just pity 4 ASUU members because there are thousands of ph.d,master and 1st class degree holder that are uneployed,many of them are waiting 4 opportunity like this!

5 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 8:04am On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson:

Sorry dude, i can see how you feel sitting at home doing nothing, embarassed why cant you go to mechanic village and acquire some skills before going back to school.
Back to the topic:
This only show the level of insincerity of the government. If they really mean to honour the agreements reached why would they be unwilling to make the agreement legal and binding rather, they want to resort to force.... Jona is no longer a president but a Head of state... tongue
Bro,ASUU f.u.cked up when they took this path!! That the president himself was part of the negotiation is strong proof of commitment from Gov't...it shows the Presido reali wants to end the strike...Then,how can after such sincerity and commitment,ASUU still thinks the FG is insincere by going this path? Bro,it is a spat on his face!!
And dont think this Ultimatum have not crossed their mind before anyway!!
ASUU shud have called off the Strike after their NEC Meeting!! While still delay?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 8:07am On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson:

Am not a lecturer, i know what you guys are going through staying at home but its in your(student & lecturer) best interest.
We just have to persevere and let our govt meet ASUU demand, it is when the issues that affect the citizen arise thats when the govt dont have fund, Oduah bought 2 cars without the public knowing if not for a whistle blower, so much more of this country treasury that has been looted by these fools in govt.
You don't knw wat we ar goin tru
And don't tell us here that wat they are fightin for is our own interest. Dem wan share their salary with us? Abi dem wan reverse the wasted tym? Our house rent nko? If they are really fighting for us, they prolonging the mata?
And don't relate it to Oduah
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 8:08am On Nov 29, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: My uncle that is teaching in benue poly has dusted his cv and waiting 2 b employed in FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE MKD,he said many others like him will follow suit,i just pity 4 ASUU members because there are thousands of ph.d,master and 1st class degree holder that are uneployed,many of them are waiting 4 opportunity like this!
Tell them o!
But am sure that If FG will go on to implement with their Ultimatum,then Almost all these lecturers Must go Back to Work!! Jobs aint easy to find these days lol!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by complete1(m): 8:11am On Nov 29, 2013
Please today is not a time to watch film for students,ASUU topic is a hot food on d table,lets all tune in to news stations for correct information(preferably channels tv) so dat we dont come hear to pour rubbish.a senior advocate of nigeria just finished a talk on d topic and he said well intellectuals lk ASUU should have talk about d earned allowance during der meeting wit d president,he said der was no way dey forgot abt bringing up dat topic,der is somthing they are not telling us.another guest is coming in.today am not on ground but we b sure to pass any info dat comes in from my counterparts.tanks

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 8:12am On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU Strike: Ekiti Students Take Case to God

Tired of the ‘forced holiday’ occasioned by the five-month-old strike of the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU), Ekiti students in tertiary institutions Thursday took their case to God.
They held a prayer session and sought divine intervention to the impasse.
The session, held at Lady Jibowu Hall, Ekiti Government House, had in attendance, the Deputy Governor, Prof Modupe Adelabu and some clerics.
In her remarks, the deputy governor noted that the students did the right thing by taking their petition before God. She described as unfortunate that both parties to the dispute – ASUU and the Federal Government – remained adamant despite interventions from well-meaning Nigerians.
She urged the students not to relent in their regular prayer for divine intervention, saying that the death of Prof Festus Iyayi, a frontline ASUU member in an auto-crash along the Abuja-Lokoja Road introduced another twist to the lingering dispute.
Mrs Adelabu, who expressed the hope that the prayers of the students would yield the desired result in a matter of days, counselled the undergraduates against engaging in activities that could jeopardize their future.
She said the situation which kept them at home in the past few months was not their own making and that their teachers did not deliberately embark on the strike to put the students’ future at stake.
According to her, the lecturers were only pressing for their rights and other logistics that will improve the facilities in the nation’s citadel of leaning and to make them world standard.
Advising the students to engage themselves in profitable ventures, she also urged them not to completely abandon their studies but constantly review their lecture notes in preparation for the re-opening of the varsities.
Pastor John Aladete in his sermon at the prayer session urged the students not to be daunted by their present predicament as a result of the protracted ASUU strike.
The cleric charged them to be hopeful with an assurance that God will be with them irrespective of the present development. He said God has designed their generation to bring the desired change needed by the country.
The students were later led into series of prayers by clerics
including the Government House Chaplain, Rev. Fr. Anthony Famuagun, Pastor Tunde Akinola of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Youths, Pastor Mike
Awopetu and Special Assistant to the Governor on Student Affairs, Mr Adeoye Aribasoye.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 29, 2013
philfearon:
Oh dear! Ah feel ur pain! Ah have been looking for you..
I've been searching the whole of NL for you dear,thank God I've found you!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ayima: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2013
complete1: Please today is not a time to watch film for students,ASUU topic is a hot food on d table,lets all tune in to news stations for correct information(preferably channels tv) so dat we dont come hear to pour rubbish.a senior advocate of nigeria just finished a talk on d topic and he said well intellectuals lk ASUU should have talk about d earned allowance during der meeting wit d president,he said der was no way dey forgot abt bringing up dat topic,der is somthing they are not telling us.another guest is coming in.today am not on ground but we b sure to pass any info dat comes in from my counterparts.tanks
which channel are you watching?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2013
kcy: Guy,i should be asking u what u ware taking abt,are they only fighting 4 their allowances..let's us take d reality and stop been sentimental.ASUU is fighting for good standard of education.
Okay let me enlighten u a little my frnd since u seem to ave forgotten..
ASUU is an informal organisation existing in the premise of a formal organisation; thus, ASUU did not employ
any lecturer and for this,the FG has the sole right
to sack their erring employee if found wanting.
Though most Nigerians may not understand but
the truth of the matter is that even if the money
is there,it is for all sectors of the economy and universities is a sub-sector of a sector(education)
and cannot dictate to her employer what she
wants rather maximization of whatever input in
their disposals. To work as lecturer is by choice,
if you now think that it is no longer convinent,
please quietly resign with honour.To me I see a great future for Nigerian Universities in the hands of
young and vibrant graduates will to work and not
this bunch of ungrateful gluttons called ASUU
because they were the ones that crumbbled the
system not government.

4 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by temitope23(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Live on Channels Unilag ASUU chairman make we hear the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.