Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,795 members, 7,948,862 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:10 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203886 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Adolak(m): 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
#TEAM OAU.....#TEAM NEXT YEAR
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
eluquenson: This is military system by a civilian. So you want to force them back to the class. If not you sack them? You always sacking Sir,but remember the whole Nigeria will sack you onedey. You claimed to be an ex-lecturer. I wonder what type you were. You are finally showing your true colors and feeding us with violent fresh air. This is Tyranny.

As for ASUU aluta continua. Lets see if he is bluffing. He can't take care of needs of local lecturers,lets see if he can take care of foreign ones.

I miss Lt. Yar'adua. He was a great leader. May God forgive him
my broda if u b lecturer go bk o,if nt na hunger strike go b ur next strike o

5 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
complete1: It has just come to our notice dat there will b a meeting between both FG and ASUU either 2moro or monday.

guy lie small we are not fooools here.
..u be Ruben Abati now?
....park well abeg...
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 8:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
tonero92:

guy lie small we are not fooools here.
..u be Ruben Abati now?
....park well abeg...
dat guy na baba o,no tym for lies again
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Harrisonn(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
Abuja – The Inspector-General of Police, Mr
Mohammed Abubakar, has ordered immediate
provision of adequate security in and around
university campuses nationwide.
This is contained in a statement issued by CSP
Frank Mba, the Force Public Relations
Officer, on Thursday in Abuja.
The statement said the measure was designed
to secure life and property in the institutions
and provide enabling environment for
lecturers, students and other members of
staff to go about their lawful businesses
without hindrance.
“The directive is a proactive and confidence-
boosting measure designed to ensure that
nothing untoward happens in our academic
communities,” it said.
The statement directed all Command
Commissioners of Police to personally oversee
the intensification of surveillance in
universities in their states.
It ordered them to “take all necessary
security measures needed to provide for the
safety and security of members of staff and
students as well as property within the various
Campuses”.
It urged lecturers, students and Nigerians
within the institutions to remain law-abiding
and go about their legitimate businesses
without fear of molestation or intimidation
from any quarters.
It will be recalled that the Federal
Government on Thursday gave universities
lecturers, who had been on strike since July,
one week ultimatum to resume academic
activities.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/g-orders-adequate-security-varsity-campuses-nationwide/#sthash.ljK0uGN1.dpuf
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 8:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
Harrisonn: Abuja – The Inspector-General of Police, Mr
Mohammed Abubakar, has ordered immediate
provision of adequate security in and around
university campuses nationwide.
This is contained in a statement issued by CSP
Frank Mba, the Force Public Relations
Officer, on Thursday in Abuja.
The statement said the measure was designed
to secure life and property in the institutions
and provide enabling environment for
lecturers, students and other members of
staff to go about their lawful businesses
without hindrance.
“The directive is a proactive and confidence-
boosting measure designed to ensure that
nothing untoward happens in our academic
communities,” it said.
The statement directed all Command
Commissioners of Police to personally oversee
the intensification of surveillance in
universities in their states.
It ordered them to “take all necessary
security measures needed to provide for the
safety and security of members of staff and
students as well as property within the various
Campuses”.
It urged lecturers, students and Nigerians
within the institutions to remain law-abiding
and go about their legitimate businesses
without fear of molestation or intimidation
from any quarters.
It will be recalled that the Federal
Government on Thursday gave universities
lecturers, who had been on strike since July,
one week ultimatum to resume academic
activities.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/g-orders-adequate-security-varsity-campuses-nationwide/#sthash.ljK0uGN1.dpuf

Trouble brewing....... I must be in Ugbowo next weekend. Thank you FG.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nawa ooo why do i have this feeling that the opposition party is using ASUU (jst lik dey used bokoharam) to frustrate GEJ's govt. U kip hearing frm uniIbadan, atbu, unijos and uniabuja, bt sinc all dis things startd i hvnt heard frm any1 frm unizik, UNn or even futo. ASUU is using students image to fight for their own selfish interest. They want the govt 2 pay them 4 months salary that they didnt work for? Who den will compensate the students for all the times we lost? Some peoples house rents hav even expired. Later when they start school now they will start selling unnecceary handouts, taking advantage of stupid female students. Wickked and greedy set of people

6 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 9:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
complete1: It has just come to our notice dat there will b a meeting between both FG and ASUU either 2moro or monday.
Not again.. another meeting? Are you for real? Source pls!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 9:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
odizeey: dat guy na baba o,no tym for lies again

that guy dey use our head.....for all o knw he is in his room laffin....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
ASUU LETTER TO FG

Page 1

Page 2

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by tonero92: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
odizeey: dat guy na baba o,no tym for lies again

the guy dey lie....ASUU and fg blood hot then meeting wan dey 2mao or Monday... haba u reason am....COMPLETE ONE abeg lock up.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fynestboi: ASUU LETTER TO FG

Page 1

Page 2

please can u help out and summarize the content of the letter? I cnt see it clearly with my phone and i cnt download. Pls?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by elrony(m): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Fynestboi: ASUU LETTER TO FG

Page 1

Page 2

Seeing this letter amidst the proposed forceful reopening of universities clearly shows insincerity in the part of FG...

We don suffer for this country cry
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by peter1994(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
UNI ABUJA STUDENTS TO RESUME 1st DEC...

Oya Prof. Musbau akanje over to u
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by drmikeadams(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
Ayima: You guys should forget about ASUU and pray for me to win 7m.I predicted scores of 5 matches i got 4 correctly yesterday am left with 1 today 7pm thanks for your prayers.
......otu ocha I knw say u don win d match cum give ur homies one booooooo....,,........ttle
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by touchplay(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
lymelyte:
Not again.. another meeting? Are you for real? Source pls!
dnt tell mi dey want2 do anoda meeting again..... []E b lyk say e get wetin dis assu people dey chop 4 dis meeting alwAys wey dem no wan green tell us. ....naija don cast !!! Na yahoo,soccer betting sure pass 4 boys lyk dis.... Gals na xmas jamborie n illegal straffs Sure pass..smh. Assu! assu! assu! ,hw mani times did i call yu ? Pikin wey say him mama no go sleep,him too no go sleep oOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo .... !!!.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by danibobo: 10:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Am rili not interested in reading that letter. Cuz as far as am concerned ASUU is saying rubbish ! Who is the boss here ASUU or fg ? Abi na resignation letter be that
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 10:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Emmy9ite: Wike is behind all this! He thinks he is fighting Amechi! The guy started all this on thursday..I don't see any fresh demand from ASUU. This is not going to end well.
With all due respect to Mr President, he shouldn't have allowed Wike to get involved in this whole thing as the only thing he knows how to do is to heat up the polity. The President should have completed what he started. ASUU members are not foreigners. We have all seen that till now, the ASUP who were asked to go back to classroom and they did had to go back on strike due to insincerity and irresponsibilty of the FG. Let us all be mindful that the FG is yet to tell us that of all what ASUU placed as conditions to call-off the strike, this ones we can and the other(s) we can not meet. That is negotiation and I expect it to be treated as one and stop deceiving Nigerians. An effort by ASUU to solidify their achievement is not a bad one. Wike is the "wrongest" person to appear on this screen. Objectively, forcing ASUU back to the classroom is not the best because it won't bring to an end the issue of strike in our tertiary institutions. Our govt is just insensitive to the plights of our students. Who told you it's in our interest that the lecturers be forced to go back to work just like that? Who for do am? Who doesn't know the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria? In my objective view, this matter has been made simple by ASUU. The govt should stop deceiving the people and do the NEEDFUL. I still maintain that the govt is guilty in this whole palava. All those happy about this directive by the govt(Wike) should be ready to embrace the worse strike in history after this. I hope they have bought enough ropes to bundle the lecturers back to classrooms. ASUU is far from the major problems we are facing in Nigeria. Let's be sincere to ourselves. Just wishing Nigeria had an administrator as president.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
Olril18:
you are a fool..even a mad man should know ASUU has lost their objectives for this strike...keeping students at home in the name of fighting for them is the joke of the century!
He is a better fool than you are because he has got eyes to see what you are blind to see. Blind fool! I command you to regain your sight. It is an order.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 10:58pm On Nov 28, 2013
onyibajoe:
With all due respect to Mr President, he shouldn't have allowed Wike to get involved in this whole thing as the only thing he knows how to do is to heat up the polity. The President should have completed what he started. ASUU members are not foreigners. We have all seen that till now, the ASUP who were asked to go back to classroom and they did had to go back on strike due to insincerity and irresponsibilty of the FG. Let us all be mindful that the FG is yet to tell us that of all what ASUU placed as conditions to call-off the strike, this ones we can and the other(s) we can not meet. That is negotiation and I expect it to be treated as one and stop deceiving Nigerians. An effort by ASUU to solidify their achievement is not a bad one. Wike is the "wrongest" person to appear on this screen. Objectively, forcing ASUU back to the classroom is not the best because it won't bring to an end the issue of strike in our tertiary institutions. Our govt is just insensitive to the plights of our students. Who told you it's in our interest that the lecturers be forced to go back to work just like that? Who for do am? Who doesn't know the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria? In my objective view, this matter has been made simple by ASUU. The govt should stop deceiving the people and do the NEEDFUL. I still maintain that the govt is guilty in this whole palava. All those happy about this directive by the govt(Wike) should be ready to embrace the worse strike in history after this. I hope they have bought enough ropes to bundle the lecturers back to classrooms. ASUU is far from the major problems we are facing in Nigeria. Let's be sincere to ourselves. Just wishing Nigeria had an administrator as president.
hopefully state universities will pull out of dis mess
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
onyibajoe:
u don't really know what you are saying.. Your mind is just biased.. Yes, the govt might have being insincere with things so far, but the president made the matter a priority and had a meeting with them to settle things. They cane out saying things are positive but the local chapters will have to vote, the vote was conducted and it was in the favour of calling off.. That should be all,suspend d strike, if govt fails to follow up what they said, then continue the strike.. Instead they came out with new negotiations in a secret location just to elongate things...

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nusooo: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
FG vs ASUU.
Season 1 have finished.
Season 2 have stated.
Who's going to win? Fingers crossed.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by techgeek: 11:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
peter1994:
Oya Prof. Musbau akanje over to u

He really needs to oh! I am yet to see FUTMX say anything ever since d strike started.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 11:32pm On Nov 28, 2013
onyibajoe:
He is a better fool than you are because he has got eyes to see what you are blind to see. Blind fool! I command you to regain your sight. It is an order.
I don't think you are a student, cos if you are..... You wil reason well
Have some sense. It's essential for survival.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Olril18(m): 11:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
LogoDWhiz: u don't really know what you are saying.. Your mind is just biased.. Yes, the govt might have being insincere with things so far, but the president made the matter a priority and had a meeting with them to settle things. They cane out saying things are positive but the local chapters will have to vote, the vote was conducted and it was in the favour of calling off.. That should be all,suspend d strike, if govt fails to follow up what they said, then continue the strike.. Instead they came out with new negotiations in a secret location just to elongate things...
they should have done this...call off d strike,continue with negotiation..but made d public aware that u are ready to go back to strike.after some time if govt didnt keep part of its bargain.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2013
Olril18:
they should have done this...call off d strike,continue with negotiation..but made d public aware that u are ready to go back to strike.after some time if govt didnt keep part of its bargain.
exactly
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 12:22am On Nov 29, 2013
LogoDWhiz: u don't really know what you are saying.. Your mind is just biased.. Yes, the govt might have being insincere with things so far, but the president made the matter a priority and had a meeting with them to settle things. They cane out saying things are positive but the local chapters will have to vote, the vote was conducted and it was in the favour of calling off.. That should be all,suspend d strike, if govt fails to follow up what they said, then continue the strike.. Instead they came out with new negotiations in a secret location just to elongate things...
Did you just use the word "biase"? The true test comes when you are affected by a situation and you still stand stand for the truth. Take your time to read the above two-paged letter to His Excellency and get wise. I suggest you consult your dictionary(if at all you have one) to enable you know the difference between condition and negotiation. I'm being affected no doubt but we have to leave ASUU to do their business the way it has always been done. The content of the above letter is not far from what has always been the case since time. Jonathan should know better. Let govt show adequate commitment if they really have you and I at heart. ASUP went on strike, after three months, they were asked to go back to classroom. They did and govt never bothered to do anything as regards their promises to them. Today, they are back on strike. Is that what you want for ASUU? There are many areas that require FG to use force to move Nigeria forward. I repeat that this has been simplified by ASUU. Govt know say dem don f**k up self. That threat is not enough. As per their secret meeting, how does that concern you? It was a case of once beaten, twice shy. Lecturers are no fools. Get that into that stuff your neck carries.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by skimarvel: 12:22am On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=onyibajoe]
With all due respect to Mr President, he shouldn't have allowed Wike to get involved in this whole thing as the only thing he knows how to do is to heat up the polity. The President should have completed what he started. ASUU members are not foreigners. We have all seen that till now, the ASUP who were asked to go back to classroom and they did had to go back on strike due to insincerity and irresponsibilty of the FG. Let us all be mindful that the FG is yet to tell us that of all what ASUU placed as conditions to call-off the strike, this ones we can and the other(s) we can not meet. That is negotiation and I expect it to be treated as one and stop deceiving Nigerians. An effort by ASUU to solidify their achievement is not a bad one. Wike is the "wrongest" person to appear on this screen. Objectively, forcing ASUU back to the classroom is not the best because it won't bring to an end the issue of strike in our tertiary institutions. Our govt is just insensitive to the plights of our students. Who told you it's in our interest that the lecturers be forced to go back to work just like that? Who for do am? Who doesn't know the kind of leaders we have in Nigeria? In my objective view, this matter has been made simple by ASUU. The govt should stop deceiving the people and do the NEEDFUL. I still maintain that the govt is guilty in this whole palava. All those happy about this directive by the govt(Wike) should be ready to embrace the worse strike in history after this. I hope they have bought enough ropes to bundle the lecturers back to classrooms. ASUU is far from the major problems we are facing in Nigeria. Let's be sincere to ourselves. Just wishing Nigeria had an administrator as president. [/quote)This is SUPER STORY...(Are you a LEARNER? Go to school and read some more)
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by onyibajoe(m): 2:35am On Nov 29, 2013
timisnup:
I don't think you are a student, cos if you are..... You wil reason well
Have some sense. It's essential for survival.
Oya oga student come and join the queue. I just fear that your reasoning is lopsided. The thing get comma. I clamour for a lasting solution to the problem and not what the government is doing. If at all they will succeed, I bet you, we will witness a worse strike in no distant time.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by oyeludef(m): 4:45am On Nov 29, 2013
if most of d ppl supportin ASUU
had watchd d netwrk news ytd n
listend to wike's press briefin i
knw dey wnt av. after d agreemnt
wit fg had been reached dey
came back wit another fresh
conditions
1. dat fg shld disburse a sum of
200bn witin d nxt two weeks
2. dat dey shld renegotiate d 2009
agreemnt in 2 yrs time.
i really tink dis guys av missed it
dis tym arround. i was beginin to
wonder if it was d ASUU guys who
employed d fg or d oda way
round. for those who tink dis is a
mere threat dey shld go n learn
frm uni ilorin. my advice to my
beloved nairalanders who are
lecturers is for dem to return to
classes undermining wteva d
union is sayin cos u cant fight a
govt n win. LEYIN APONLE ABUKU
LO KAN
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 4:55am On Nov 29, 2013
wike i mean wicked,mr president should put every things in place b4 imposing threats on the striking lecturals.my fellow students let's 4get our intense desire to go bark to school,we all knw what ASUU is demanding for is 4 our own good aside frm their own seeking allowances,painfull that we are nt having good student union in nigeria.when nothing has been done still on negotiations,fg now imposing treats on lectural it is called unfair traps

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.