Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,798 members, 7,948,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 12:23 PM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203889 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 29, 2013
temitope23: Live on Channels Unilag ASUU chairman make we hear the truth.
the man no well. He is speakin trash!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Teaser4(m): 8:26am On Nov 29, 2013
Deadline.... Let's wait and see. My school is preparing for NUGA, so no lectures till next year.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by temitope23(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2013
LOLS team OAU Ife

Teaser4: Deadline.... Let's wait and see. My school is preparing for NUGA, so no lectures till next year.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by westsyde92: 8:31am On Nov 29, 2013
I-am-Winner:
beta trash oh
can yhu imagine e jx said dt even if fg implement d agreement now dt no lecturer wud teach until iyayi burial is ova
nd smbody is stil tellin me dey are fightin fr our benefit
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by riskit33: 8:31am On Nov 29, 2013
FG has given ASUU 7 days deadline to return to work or be sacked. This deadline expires on the 4th of Dec. By this ultimatum FG has ordered VCs to place adverts for jobs for aspiring lecturers by the expiration of the deadline. However, ASUU in their characteristic manner have declared that such threat cannot move them.
Anyway lets wait and see.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by philfearon(m): 8:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
I've been searching the whole of NL for you dear,thank God I've found you!
Me too...How far na and ur people ? Ah no dey see you again for my Thread in the Sexuality section?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 29, 2013
westsyde92:
beta trash oh
can yhu imagine e jx said dt even if fg implement d agreement now dt no lecturer wud teach until iyayi burial is ova
nd smbody is stil tellin me dey are fightin fr our benefit
Dm cwazie lecturers said if military regime cant hold dm. Will civilian regime hold dm?.

Hahaha.

D lecturers wey bin dy dat tym stil dy now??.
These set of lecturers r corrupt.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2013
You guys don't seem to get it here
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by westsyde92: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2013
I-am-Winner:
Dm cwazie lecturers said if military regime cant hold dm. Will civilian regime hold dm?.

Hahaha.

D lecturers wey bin dy dat tym stil dy now??.
These set of lecturers r corrupt.
serz corrupt
its jx clear dey want a higher portion of d national cake
askin where FG gt moni fr d golden eaglets
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by westsyde92: 8:45am On Nov 29, 2013
wait oh
i neva knew ASUU cud speak to d media
all dose while dey were kipin us quiet on d nxt step afta iyayi burial
did deir nec meetin on coded ish
nobody knew
now d govt has threatend now
dey ve all come out of deir shells
to go d various media to tok trash
nd smbody still says ASUU is fightin fr d pple
all dese problems wont be happenin if dey had carried d public along all dis while
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 8:46am On Nov 29, 2013
I-am-Winner:
The foolish man should speak for himself alone
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
Good standard of education my foot! Wait a second,ain't the so called ASUU members lecturers? They are the ones causing the downfall of the university system in Nigeria for crying out loud! I can never go to a lecturer's office in my school,why? Coz those that went never came out the same! For the males,they pay a lot of money and the females pay with their bodies(unless you are prepared to grow grey hairs in school). Let's face reality here,these men are SELFISH,selfish in every sense of the word,speak for yourself if you think they are fighting for you. As for me,its a no no,they are only fighting for their insatiable thirst and quest for money,period!
this post deserves a thousand like! God bless you plenty!

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 8:58am On Nov 29, 2013
Ekob:
Okay let me enlighten u a little my frnd since u seem to ave forgotten..
ASUU is an informal organisation existing in the premise of a formal organisation; thus, ASUU did not employ
any lecturer and for this,the FG has the sole right
to sack their erring employee if found wanting.
Though most Nigerians may not understand but
the truth of the matter is that even if the money
is there,it is for all sectors of the economy and universities is a sub-sector of a sector(education)
and cannot dictate to her employer what she
wants rather maximization of whatever input in
their disposals. To work as lecturer is by choice,
if you now think that it is no longer convinent,
please quietly resign with honour.To me I see a great future for Nigerian Universities in the hands of
young and vibrant graduates will to work and not
this bunch of ungrateful gluttons called ASUU
because they were the ones that crumbbled the
system not government.
am nt saying any thing again,just tired of both party
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by lymelyte(m): 9:00am On Nov 29, 2013
FG's aim now is to destabilize ASUU which dy ar likely going to achieve.ASUU shud knw beta n play deir cards well,deir union is alredi under threat.I see a court case coming up which the FG would use to deal with ASUU.ASUU NEC did nt give them lecturing jobs bt FG did.This would further weaken deir membership support of d strike wen sum lecturers decide to work due to the fact that they av nt been paid for months n d ASUU NEC wud nt pay them.One thing students shud knw is dat d FG is nt really bothered by d strike,cos dy av notin to loose,Students wud loose a lot so wud lecturers loose deir salaries.ASUU shud av taken d bow sum weeks ago wen s ovation was loudest.U can't fight d FG who has both d money n ur jobs,who wud loose

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2013
eluquenson: My heart felt for student siting at home for regrettable 5 month in there career, FG is known for their insincerity and ASUU is not leaving any stone unturned, its good for there interest and future of Nigeria education, it sorrowful & that pains cannot be ignored.
That's the basic truth for those who has understanding.
all i see is more problems ahead.if the fg doesn't sign or agree to ASUU demands now,it means the fg are not even sure of themselves and ASUU doesn't trust the fg either.all i see is more and more problems ahead and even worser strikes.fg are playing 419,wayo wayo.they had an agreement in 2009 and that was yar'adua's era,jonathan came,sacked almost evry body in that cabinet{behold a new govt},this is late 2013 yet the agreement av not been meet,if even the fg opens all the varsities by force 2day and academic activities runs till 2015 still on pending agreement,and if jonathan doesn't runs for 2015 election or he's not re-elected has the presido,if another person takesover he might sack members of the past cabinet and appoint new ones{another change of government} which will again start all over again from square 1.,ASUU has evry right not to trust the fg,because the fg do not even trust themself,our fg is a big JOKE.They can change mouth at any time.jonathan has promised an amount to be paid in the next 5yrs or so to varsities,if jona is not stil our presido b4 that 5yrs,the next presido and his government will come out and say "they did not make such agreement with ASUU".Nigeria has 2much problems,from fg,to ASUU to inec to boko,to militant,from odudua,to briafra to niger delta,i min evry single tin for this country don spoil finish.this country get future atall?
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kcy(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2013
Ekob:
Okay let me enlighten u a little my frnd since u seem to ave forgotten..
ASUU is an informal organisation existing in the premise of a formal organisation; thus, ASUU did not employ
any lecturer and for this,the FG has the sole right
to sack their erring employee if found wanting.
Though most Nigerians may not understand but
the truth of the matter is that even if the money
is there,it is for all sectors of the economy and universities is a sub-sector of a sector(education)
and cannot dictate to her employer what she
wants rather maximization of whatever input in
their disposals. To work as lecturer is by choice,
if you now think that it is no longer convinent,
please quietly resign with honour.To me I see a great future for Nigerian Universities in the hands of
young and vibrant graduates will to work and not
this bunch of ungrateful gluttons called ASUU
because they were the ones that crumbbled the
system not government.
am nt saying any thing again,just tired of both party

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 29, 2013
Fynestboi: ASUU Strike: Ekiti Students Take Case to God

Tired of the ‘forced holiday’ occasioned by the five-month-old strike of the Academic Staff Union of Nigerian Universities (ASUU), Ekiti students in tertiary institutions Thursday took their case to God.
They held a prayer session and sought divine intervention to the impasse.
The session, held at Lady Jibowu Hall, Ekiti Government House, had in attendance, the Deputy Governor, Prof Modupe Adelabu and some clerics.
In her remarks, the deputy governor noted that the students did the right thing by taking their petition before God. She described as unfortunate that both parties to the dispute – ASUU and the Federal Government – remained adamant despite interventions from well-meaning Nigerians.
She urged the students not to relent in their regular prayer for divine intervention, saying that the death of Prof Festus Iyayi, a frontline ASUU member in an auto-crash along the Abuja-Lokoja Road introduced another twist to the lingering dispute.
Mrs Adelabu, who expressed the hope that the prayers of the students would yield the desired result in a matter of days, counselled the undergraduates against engaging in activities that could jeopardize their future.
She said the situation which kept them at home in the past few months was not their own making and that their teachers did not deliberately embark on the strike to put the students’ future at stake.
According to her, the lecturers were only pressing for their rights and other logistics that will improve the facilities in the nation’s citadel of leaning and to make them world standard.
Advising the students to engage themselves in profitable ventures, she also urged them not to completely abandon their studies but constantly review their lecture notes in preparation for the re-opening of the varsities.
Pastor John Aladete in his sermon at the prayer session urged the students not to be daunted by their present predicament as a result of the protracted ASUU strike.
The cleric charged them to be hopeful with an assurance that God will be with them irrespective of the present development. He said God has designed their generation to bring the desired change needed by the country.
The students were later led into series of prayers by clerics
including the Government House Chaplain, Rev. Fr. Anthony Famuagun, Pastor Tunde Akinola of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Youths, Pastor Mike
Awopetu and Special Assistant to the Governor on Student Affairs, Mr Adeoye Aribasoye.
dumb! Plain dumb! God botherers! I do wonder if we youths reason. Is the strike spiritual? Why bother God? So after praying, you expect God to decend and then meet with ASUU and FG? I don't just get it. Take to the street to voice your discontents you cowards! Why bring God into this case of greed? These lecturers say that they embarked on the strike in the interest of the students. Fine. The FG has agreed to your demands. Why not call-off the strike? Oh. They want Barak Obama to attest to it. They also want to be paid for the months they spent sleeping at home. Why didn't you inform the FG that you would like to be paid for the wasted months when you last met? No wonder someone said the strike is politicized. I say we take to the streets to protest against the new demands of ASUU. Pray on students! Pray on!

3 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
Good standard of education my foot! Wait a second,ain't the so called ASUU members lecturers? They are the ones causing the downfall of the university system in Nigeria for crying out loud! I can never go to a lecturer's office in my school,why? Coz those that went never came out the same! For the males,they pay a lot of money and the females pay with their bodies(unless you are prepared to grow grey hairs in school). Let's face reality here,these men are SELFISH,selfish in every sense of the word,speak for yourself if you think they are fighting for you. As for me,its a no no,they are only fighting for their insatiable thirst and quest for money,period!
gbam. U dn nak d nail head..
1,000,000 likes!

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 29, 2013
kolawaxxy: dumb! Plain dumb! God botherers! I do wonder if we youths reason. Is the strike spiritual? Why bother God? So after praying, you expect God to decend and then meet with ASUU and FG? I don't just get it. Take to the street to voice your discontents you cowards! Why bring God into this case of greed? These lecturers say that they embarked on the strike in the interest of the students. Fine. The FG has agreed to your demands. Why not call-off the strike? Oh. They want Barak Obama to attest to it. They also want to be paid for the months they spent sleeping at home. Why didn't you inform the FG that you would like to be paid for the wasted months when you last met? No wonder someone said the strike is politicized. I say we take to the streets to protest against the new demands of ASUU. Pray on students! Pray on!
prayer warriors. Lol
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 29, 2013
timisnup:
You don't knw wat we ar goin tru
And don't tell us here that wat they are fightin for is our own interest. Dem wan share their salary with us? Abi dem wan reverse the wasted tym? Our house rent nko? If they are really fighting for us, they prolonging the mata?
And don't relate it to Oduah
after you would come and complain that nigeria's varsities standard are poor,bla bla bla bla bla.fg they use us play chess if u dnt know.dem be 419.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 29, 2013
Political platform onpoint. raypowa 106.5 fm

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2013
riskit33: FG has given ASUU 7 days deadline to return to work or be sacked. This deadline expires on the 4th of Dec. By this ultimatum FG has ordered VCs to place adverts for jobs for aspiring lecturers by the expiration of the deadline. However, ASUU in their characteristic manner have declared that such threat cannot move them.
Anyway lets wait and see.
hehehe,this war would be interesting.cant wait for fg vs ASUU season 2.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by falconey(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2013
Breaking news.......ASUU almost call off strike 1 hours ago
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 29, 2013
No_ID: You guys don't seem to get it here
kum and tell us the main thing na.we want to get it.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:31am On Nov 29, 2013
Maybe ASUU have no idea that 60percent of ASUU members wants the strike suspended.
Maybe they(ASUU) think replacing the recalcitrant 40 percent would be a difficult task.
most of You here on NL would agree with me that most of the lecturers are against the continuation of the strike but are afraid to speak up for fear of victimization.
My point is...60 percent of Nigerian Lecturers would hastingly go back to their Jobs on dec4 afterall they were not in support of the strike's continuation.
The remaining 40 percent wont be all that tasking to replace.

4 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 29, 2013
Emmadani: hehehe,this war would be interesting.cant wait for fg vs ASUU season 2.

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by teelady(f): 9:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Beloxxy:
this post almost made me shed tears, i dnt have a medal to present to you.....but respect to you...nigeria institute, were you are being punished for not complying to sexual harassement and you have no one to fight for you. God punish ASUU, all those old cargos should retire sef, so that the young and legible youths can takeover. They should be fighting the bad eggs among themselves. Mtcheeeew

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Oboi nr b smal fite 4 here. Me against ma popsi and uncle ova ASUU strike.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2013
One question for the lecturers..

Who employed you? ASUU NEC or FG.

Know your employers and you better don't fu|ck with them. Be wise.

It is perfectly legal for the Governing Councils of Unis to sack any lecturer on the grounds of neglect of duty.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Sodiq3(m): 9:45am On Nov 29, 2013
mehn,me don advise my popc wey b lecturer say mk he beta resume,unles,all of us for huz+my mumc go park comot leave am..no b smal quarel o#teamasuumustgo

5 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Ekob(m): 9:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Sodiq3: mehn,me don advise my popc wey b lecturer say mk he beta resume,unles,all of us for huz+my mumc go park comot leave am..no b smal quarel o#teamasuumustgo
Hahaha..funny you
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 10:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Daniyemi: Maybe ASUU have no idea that 60percent of ASUU members wants the strike suspended.
Maybe they(ASUU) think replacing the recalcitrant 40 percent would be a difficult task.
most of You here on NL would agree with me that most of the lecturers are against the continuation of the strike but are afraid to speak up for fear of victimization.
My point is...60 percent of Nigerian Lecturers would hastingly go back to their Jobs on dec4 afterall they were not in support of the strike's continuation.
The remaining 40 percent wont be all that tasking to replace.

This is a satanic lie, WIKE just guaranteed 98% support for ASUU, the university lecturers who were on the fence have now taken a stand behind ASUU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (109) (Reply)

LAUTECH 2014/2015 Admission Thread / Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.