Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,790 members, 7,941,977 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:04 PM

Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap (27699 Views)

Website Attack:fg Checkmates Gay Activists / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office / Turai Checkmates Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by hotwax: 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2013
chidexy:

The South West will be appeased before 2015 elections. CBN governor will be vacating his position early 2014 and that position will be "given" to the SW and Lagos - Ibadan Expressway would have receive appreciable facelift by then too

Says who. Do you know how APC is gaining ground in the south-west?

Come to Lagos and mention Jonathan. People will curse you. Offcuz he has Igbo-Ijaw in Lagos. But Yorubas are not smiling ooo.

GEJ is an insult to Nigeria.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by musiwa112: 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
obasanjo has no followship in the east or western nigeria. how does obasanjo or obasanjo help jonathan. i am the powerhouse of Yorubaland that why i said jonathan should see me and ban kim moon in canada.

i am not joking. jonathan has to recognized that power has change hand. can jonathan go and meet azikiwe or balewa in his gravel to negotiate power.

you dont know some government live in exile.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by GEJTILL2019(m): 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2013
i really get amazed anytime APC e-warriors
calculate the game of politics...i was born in d
north and i know almost everything about how
election are been conducted....religion has played
a major role in the politics of nigeria.....states like
southern
kaduna,taraba,kogi,benue,jos,nasarrawa,bauchi,,eve
some part of adamawa would never vote for an
hausa man...i have interviewed many indigines of
those states and what i noticed is that they love
anything xtian and hate an average hausa man
with passion...i would like to use this opportunity
to tell the APCe-warriors to stop
insulting the office of the president .thank
u......#team fresh air2019. kaduna chapter.

2 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Incredyable(m): 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
I pray dat 2015 won't be d last election in Nigeria........... God will help us.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by chidexy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

Come to Lagos and mention Jonathan. People will curse you. Offcuz he has Igbo-Ijaw in Lagos. But Yorubas are not smiling ooo.

GEJ might be an insult to the Yoruba, but certainly not Nigeria. And don't tell me that Yoruba as a block has bought into the APC agenda. What happened in Ondo state? Ogun State is still principally a PDP state and there are still pockets of Yorubas who are sympathetic to the PDP as a party in even hard core APC states like Lagos and Osun.

Besides, in politics, 1 year is almost an eternity. people will still switch allegiance as 2015 nears
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by callmenow: 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
The main thing is that the western world see Jonathan as not personally corrupt. It is often difficult to decipher comments that flows from the minds of failed analysts. In politics, there are permanent interests, but not permanent friends. This analyst has failed again to give a pointed analysis of what is happening right now. The Northern elements has decided to go for broke. We already know that. However, Jonathan is on the seat!. For now, everyone has to get used to that, BH or not. Jonathan and OBJ met yesterday in Kenya, with OBJ apologising for the leakage. OBJ wants to be relevant incase the APC/North comes up trump in 2015. But so far, Jonathan is planning on using state instruments to remove his opponents. He is recruited new advisers who are going to the airwaves to burnish his credentials shortly. The plans are not static, but evolving. The G5 will soon be forced to step aside, making it unlikely that they will deliver or even influence their state. Remember that Jonathan controls NPF, the Army, etc. What we Nigerians are looking out for is the 'casus belli' of the opposition. Evidence of clear corruption by Jonathan. This is still missing despite almost 4 years of being in 'full' power. This will tilt the pendulum if they can pin personal corruption on him. Until that happens, the opposition will continue to be the opposition. Even Prof. Jega will be powerless to save them in 2015.
TechWalker007:

You made some sense but please remember that they started saying GEJ has failed before 100 days in office.
Don't tell me you don't know there is a deliberate attempt by a section of Nigeria to undermine GEJ's effort.
And for Amaechi and Rochas, their case is totally a result of personal ambition over regional interest.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Dxpolymath(m): 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2013
[quote author=patriotic007]Obj did not make GEJ the president,....It is God that made him president right from the womb of his mother,....And that is why is looking so hard to bring him down from power,.....every attack,campaign of calomny,abuse,accusation,and criticism will only help him fulfil what God has writen concerning his life,....Joseph in the bible is an example,...UP GEJ...I can see the level of acceptance and love u hav for mediocre governance nd PLS you can say all you want but don't bring God in2 all dis bullcrap just like you all did b4 he was elected.God aint no promoter of corruption,evil and mass suffering
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by toprealman: 1:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
The worst thing GEJ will do is to handover power to the north. If he does, Nigeria WILL definitely not be the same again.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 13, 2013
GEJTILL2019: Bleep tha hausas and yorubas!!!! people from benue,kogi,jos, southern kaduna, nassarawa , taraba,part of gombe would surely vote for GEJ....GEJ till 2019

This is the kind of eddiots doing a disservice to GEJ ambition.....you are an enemy of Jonathan.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by chadnezzar0worl(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2013
I am from the Niger delta and willingly voted for G.EJ, but sadly enough he has done nothing to justify our collective vote as a nation or improve the Niger delta region. 2015 is still a long way to go, ND if our president is wise enough, he should concentrate more or delivering on d divided of democracy and salvage what ever is left of his failed administration.

Nigeria is a complex state, with a lot of intricacies, ND Jonathan first mistake was alienating OBJ and appeasing the north with juicy positions and contracts, when d chips re down, he will be left to stand alone with political light weights ND noise makers who re no power brokers, as well as e campainers who has no say in the actual scheme of things,
On the contrary he is loosing public sympathy by the day, even in his own Niger Delta, those who re discovering that the same old slogan'he is our brother' is not strong enough basics to fight his course, except for a few noise makers who re directly benefitting from his dish out of unprecedented corruption.
if he must appease the masses in this his war! Then he must genuinely tackle corruption, gain the trust of the masses, deliver devidends of democracy,

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
greaterlove: One thing our politicians have perfected is how to play on the mind and intelligence of Nigerians. The game plan is simply, raise dusts and raise more dusts.
thank God , we still have brains like this in nigeria , i believe there is still hope . God blesss you bro wink wink wink
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by chairman: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2013
If this story is true what it should mean to any intelligent person is that neither obasanjo nor the northerners are sincere, it means that the northerners are out from the beggining to disstabilise jonathan and make it imposible for him to make progress and be good president, 'make nigeria ungorvernable' according to them. And it looks like they succeded, now what will these tell you about these people? Now if the other sections tribes know this and still go ahead to help the hausa and fulani take this presidency from jonathan to themselves, what did it say about this other region or tribe? Now we know this is not about performance or the best candidate any more but the born to rule thing and selfishness, since they know this and they want the other tribes like the igbos and all the rest of us to join them, is it not calling us FOOLS to our face? Many people does not like jonathan's way too much but now that they know why and how he is like this we have to support him against hypocrites and greedy and selfish people, because he like the rest of us are the victims here. My campaign for jonathan have just started, I did not vote for rochas the first time but may vote for him this time but if he says anything against jonathan, that will only mean that he is part of this plan against us and so kill the little probability of my voting for him in any thing

4 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by deandavid(m): 1:25pm On Dec 13, 2013
Nigerians be Alert! Dont allow those old thieves, who stole our wealth and shared our oil wells among themselves deceive u. 2014 is less than 20days 4rm nw, d oil wells liscenses will be expiring next year, those old thieves wants to continue sapping us. D qtn that i keep asking is, whr did pple like abdusalami nd co get so much money to buy phcn,if not 4 d oil wells dy gave themselves.am sure obj has his own too,thats why he is also fighting gej.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2013
deandavid: Nigerians be Alert! Dont allow those old thieves, who stole our wealth and shared our oil wells among themselves deceive u. 2014 is less than 20days 4rm nw, d oil wells liscenses will be expiring next year, those old thieves wants to continue sapping us. D qtn that i keep asking is, whr did pple like abdusalami nd co get so much money to buy phcn,if not 4 d oil wells dy gave themselves.am sure obj has his own too,thats why he is also fighting gej.
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by mansionhouse: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2013
Jonathan has every right to run a second tenure. I will vote for him 100 times rather than vote for a Northerner who have ruled for 35 years and have kept us in this slavery with their incompetence. Have you heard any of the former Northern Presidents (Shagari, Babangida, Buhari, Abdulsalami, etc...) comment on Mandela's achievements? They will not, their concern is to look for easy oil money from the South by crying that it is their turn to rule. God punish all of them, I wish Nigeria breaks up in year 2015 as USSR did (theirs was without blood shed), and then the North goes for they are excess luggage. There is nothing like ONE NIGERIA, it existed in the minds of the likes of Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe & Co. who would have allowed the North to go away in 1958 when the rest of the South was ready for Independence, but No they had to wait for North till 1960 for them to be ready for independence. NOW, WE ARE ALL IN THIS MESS with their ideology of "born to rule."

3 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by deandavid(m): 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2013
though an apc member,but i will rather let get contine by voting for him than voting for an hausa man. Unless apc chooses raji or rochas as their presidential candidate,if not gej till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by OAM4J: 1:41pm On Dec 13, 2013
PointB:

It has always been like that - Nigeria politics. There is nothing happening now that is new. Even if GEJ were to leave power and the Hausa/Fulani (core North) take the reigns, eventually power will drift back to the South, and history will repeat itself. Baseline argument remains that Nigeria MUST change, must restructure. This can't be achieved by doing business as usual. Was it a risky strategy for GEJ to break bond with the 'mafia'? Yes! Was it the right thing to do? Certainly Yes!

Now what Nigerian's need to do is to stand by him, and support him to break this yoke need to reposition the country's fortune. But sadly, most are not seeing the bigger picture, they are carried away by propaganda fuel by ethnic hatred and intolerance. Fortunately, there are those who are willing to stand by him to help him navigate periods like this. And we say again, this too shall pass, and GEJ will remain till 2019.

This makes a lot more sense than your initial argument. This is Nigeria politics and some things don't change overnight, but through a long, carefully well thought out plan. Like it or hate it, the North seems to be ahead of The South in planning and executing well thought out strategy. Reason I laugh when people think the Northerners are illiterates and unwise.

GEJ made a lot of miscalculations, he narrowed his base and support to the East of the Niger and trusted only lightweights from other parts of the country. He cannot also play the North Vs South card, because while breaking away from Obasanjo, he also burnt the bridge to South West. If only he had maintained the alliance he had with Tinubu pre-2011 while breaking away from OBJ, before Buhari/North made an alliance with Tinibu, then it would have been easier for him to play that card.

A day they say its too long in politics, so anything can still happen and change in Nigeria political equation before 2015. But if the present status quo remains till 2015, then GEJ should forget the Presidency. There is only one card he has left to play as rightly put in the article, "If I cant have it, I will break the whole damn thing", Even that wont be easy but that it is easier for him to achieve that than win presidency in 2015.

3 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 1:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
callmenow: The main thing is that the western world see Jonathan as not personally corrupt. It is often difficult to decipher comments that flows from the minds of failed analysts. In politics, there are permanent interests, but not permanent friends. This analyst has failed again to give a pointed analysis of what is happening right now. The Northern elements has decided to go for broke. We already know that. However, Jonathan is on the seat!. For now, everyone has to get used to that, BH or not. Jonathan and OBJ met yesterday in Kenya, with OBJ apologising for the leakage. OBJ wants to be relevant incase the APC/North comes up trump in 2015. But so far, Jonathan is planning on using state instruments to remove his opponents. He is recruited new advisers who are going to the airwaves to burnish his credentials shortly. The plans are not static, but evolving. The G5 will soon be forced to step aside, making it unlikely that they will deliver or even influence their state. Remember that Jonathan controls NPF, the Army, etc. What we Nigerians are looking out for is the 'casus belli' of the opposition. Evidence of clear corruption by Jonathan. This is still missing despite almost 4 years of being in 'full' power. This will tilt the pendulum if they can pin personal corruption on him. Until that happens, the opposition will continue to be the opposition. Even Prof. Jega will be powerless to save them in 2015.

You sound like one with deep information, but I must state here that the president's PR team has not been effective.
I do not think they should engage APC propaganda team but that they should be busy advertising the various projects and their statuses.
Nigeria needs to hear and know what's happening.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
deandavid: though an apc member,but i will rather let get contine by voting for him than voting for an hausa man. Unless apc chooses raji or rochas as their presidential candidate,if not gej till 2019.
you guys still dont get what is going on , na wah oo undecided undecided
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Abagworo(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2013
Is it me or why is it that every one in support of Jonathan always talk about dividing Nigeria or tribalism and religion rather than performance. If Jonathan starts doing the right thing from now till 2015, he'll definitely win my vote and that of Nigerians but if he continues with tribalism and dullness, then I'd rather have a good Arabian.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2013
deandavid: though an apc member,but i will rather let get contine by voting for him than voting for an hausa man. Unless apc chooses raji or rochas as their presidential candidate,if not gej till 2019.
Thats stickin wit da devil u know than hoping to embrace da smiling,promising,sugartongue coated angel u dont know,that would certainly take us back to da woods..u got da thinking cap on,man.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by TechWalker007: 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2013
Abagworo: Is it me or why is it that every one in support of Jonathan always talk about dividing Nigeria or tribalism and religion rather than performance. If Jonathan starts doing the right thing from now till 2015, he'll definitely win my vote and that of Nigerians but if he continues with tribalism and dullness, then I'd rather have a good Arabian.

You are right only that the people actually playing the tribal and religious card is the North. It has been that way since inception of Nigeria.

GEJ has never at any time played that card. Get that straight.
He has done more for the North than in his own state.
You need to know also that the North is not about performance, the South West can claim to be and have a strong argument but not the North.

1 Like

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by hotwax: 1:51pm On Dec 13, 2013
chidexy:

GEJ might be an insult to the Yoruba, but certainly not Nigeria. And don't tell me that Yoruba as a block has bought into the APC agenda. What happened in Ondo state? Ogun State is still principally a PDP state and there are still pockets of Yorubas who are sympathetic to the PDP as a party in even hard core APC states like Lagos and Osun.

Besides, in politics, 1 year is almost an eternity. people will still switch allegiance as 2015 nears

Pockets? And who says nobody will vote for him? Let that pockets vote for him
SMH for your points. May be you need a lesson on polictics
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by bakynes(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

Seriously, blood will flow. North and South-west will not vote for Jonathan. Ijaw and Igbo population combined is not up to hausas.

Jonathan will resolve into rigging. And war will start. Dont you get that Logic.

Yorubas made a mistake by voting GEJ. They wont make it again.

My friend you share some of my ideas,pple need to know the plight of the SW pple. We voted Jonathan based on the fact that we thought he was d man dat will lead d country in the right direction, bt he didn't do as expected he completely didn't follow the rule of law, was undemocratic in his dealings, supported corruption and this made the SW pple turn against him.
Now to 2015 its very simple the yoruba pple do not care where the presidency comes from as long as he is a man of intergrity and good will for the nation that is why they are alligning with the North to remove Jonathan. SS and SE on the otherhand are nt looking beyond religion and ethnicity,all bcoz GEJ is a Christian and they hate the born to rule idea of the North, bt his Jonathan capable to lead Nigeria forward?No is the answer, so if a Northern person will lead us forward I will rather vote a Northerner than a christian Jonathan who is incompetent and has no respect for the rule of law. Jonathan wld have had d upperhand if he didn't lose the public on his side bt he is nt performing and his nt respecting the rule of law.
SW+ Core North determines who wins an Election. Jonathan will result to Rigging and there will be war in 2015 simple as ABC.

3 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by nuelibe: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2013
Story story story.
GEJ till 2019.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by texaco1: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
hotwax:

Pockets? And who says nobody will vote for him? Let that pockets vote for him
SMH for your points. May be you need a lesson on polictics
i still don't understand , why some people think or believe that yorubas are against gej. yorubas are politically sophisticated people and we don't follow sentiments or emotions , when we voted for AD and they messed up , we kicked them out despite the fact that they were using awos name , we brought in pdp and when yorubas got fed up with them they voted pdp out again , what the yorubas are after is peace and progress , and even right now PDP still has a huge following in the yoruba land . not all yorubas belong to ACN and people must understand that if ACN messes up in any yoruba state , the masses in the south west will vote them out .already people in oyo state have started complaining about the ACN goverment in the state and there are strong indications that it will be a tough battle . so please yorubas are not against gej . we dont do tribal politics .

5 Likes

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by nuelibe: 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
U r a bloody liar.
GEJ has strong support base in lagos.
It is only the myopic yorubas and hausa that are against him
for ur information, fashola is also despised in lagos

hotwax:

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2013
texaco1: i still dont understand , why some people think or believe that yorubas are against gej. yorubas are politically sophisticated and we dont dont follow sentiments , when we voted for AD and they messed up , we kicked them ourt despite the fact that they were using awos name , we brought in pdp and when yorubas got fed up with them they voted pdp out again , what the yorubas are after is peace and progress , and even right now PDP still has a huge following in the yoruba land . not all yorubas belong to ACN and people must understand that if ACN messes up in any yoruba state , the masses in the south west will vote them out .already people in oyo state have started complaining about the ACN goverment in the state and there are strong indications that it will be a tough battle . so please yorubas are not against gej . we dont do tribal politics .

Jokers! Be deceiving yourselves.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by nuelibe: 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2013
God bless brother. thank u for educating all this apc e-roaches...

GEJTILL2019: i really get amazed anytime APC e-warriors
calculate the game of politics...i was born in d
north and i know almost everything about how
election are been conducted....religion has played
a major role in the politics of nigeria.....states like
southern
kaduna,taraba,kogi,benue,jos,nasarrawa,bauchi,,eve
some part of adamawa would never vote for an
hausa man...i have interviewed many indigines of
those states and what i noticed is that they love
anything xtian and hate an average hausa man
with passion...i would like to use this opportunity
to tell the APCe-warriors to stop
insulting the office of the president .thank
u......#team fresh air2019. kaduna chapter.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
nuelibe: U r a bloody liar.
GEJ has strong support base in lagos.
It is only the myopic yorubas and hausa that are against him
for ur information, fashola is also despised in lagos

Asari Dokubo will vote for GEJ in SW. The myopic Hausa and Yoruba will vote for someone else.
Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by nuelibe: 2:05pm On Dec 13, 2013
Thanks man for educating this tribalist.....

chidexy:

Re: Change Of Tactics In The North Checkmates Obj And Catches Jonathan In A Trap by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 13, 2013
On a final note, GEJ is just too dull to understand Nigerian politics. He's been sold a dummy that brute force is everything. That's the only reason he's banking on SS/SE to the exclusion of the rest of Nigeria and why he can't silence Asari Dokubo for good.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Considers Hadiza Bala Usman As Head Of NPA / Constitutional Amendment: See The Nine Key Areas Senate, House Of Reps Disagree. / PDP Chieftain Found With 500 Pvcs In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.