Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,872 members, 7,909,268 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:23 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (527776 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 3:59pm On Mar 24, 2008
Your team is good.The problem is the coach.Wenger is too stingy to spend good money on quality players.Arsenal needs good finishers.They play lovely football at the back and in the midfield,get to the front and start passing unnecessarily.Its like they just don't know what to do when they get there.A quality finisher would've solved that problem neatly.I'm commenting on this because i believe Arsenal could've won Chelsea yesterday.Besides lacking a good finisher,the defence went to sleep.Maybe its because Drogba was quiet during the first half,but in the second half,they just forgot about him.He was left free,no marking.And Almunia's efforts throughout the game just went to waste,cos that dude really tried.
Another issue is RVP.He is not fully fit yet.It was obvious during the first half.Why Wenger left him,i really don't know.You can't play somebody out of sentiment even though he's not performing fully and expect to win.Bendtner should have come in at the start of the second half.Walcott too.He creates chances,especially with his speed.But they were left till too late.
Also,i've said it before that Arsenal's style of play has become way too predictable.What's the point of lovely football when the goals aren't coming?Even when they need long range passes,they still do short.They don't mark.Its not like they can't,they just don't.Wenger does nothing about that.Perhaps its what he wants.He's a quality manager,but he's really killing this team and making talented,skillful young players look inept and silly.
Its just sad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Ayusman

What are you talking about? football is about passion because there are trophies to be won . . else there will be no passion . . . So why are you guys complaining now if it is not about trophies. . ?

Why are some calling AW a waste?
Why do big teams spend millions in the transfer? why do mangers get fired. . ? imagine football without any trophy to play for. . . there won't be rivalry . . there won't be tension. .there won't be football threads. . there won't be me and you talking at about this hour. . there won't be any need to buy a jersey, wear it and say i am a fan. . .there won't be fights . . no insults. . in short "Nothing"  So what causes all this ? "TROPHIES" trophies do

They are the basis of the passion we have . . hence the reason I said football is about Trophies pal . . and not fancy football and child development.

Secondly you are saying that because Wenger is the only manager in the world that is allowed to mange a big team and go 3 seasons without a trophy and still keep his job. . because he "almost did it" season in season out!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2008
@Nateev,
Still insist that i do not support Arsenal cos of the trophies (That's me bros) not that it aint good or wont be happy. It's just painful that we had a chance to prove a lot of pple wrong when we had the league within our reach only to lose it against Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 5:11pm On Mar 24, 2008
ayusman16:

@Nateev,
Still insist that i do not support Arsenal because of the trophies (That's me bros) not that it aint good or wont be happy. It's just painful that we had a chance to prove a lot of people wrong when we had the league within our reach only to lose it against Chelsea.

Why is it painful if you do not support because of trophies. . . . ? According to you every match is an exhibition. . . . once you see good football . . that's it !!

It's painful because you want to win. . . and you want to win trophy. . . . I think you just don't want to be one of those accusing Wenger of not winning with the football. . .

Search within man. . . . . you desire the trophies. !!!
Guess what Getafe plays better football!!! grin grin ;DCheck out what Laudrup is doing there!!
It's about trophies man!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 5:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
ayusman16:

Yeah! May d best team win! Do u know that our opponents cld easily predict our formation, tactics and substitutions? AW has run short of ideas?

@Nateev, really don't agree with u that football is all about trophies; well that's not the reason why am a die-hard gunner. It's all about the passion for good football, style of play! Why do u think Barnsley, Hull City and Wes Brom fans are so passionate about their clubs with little or no hope of winning trophies?

Hmmn, I see were you're coming from. That you did not start supporting Arsenal because of the trophies.
Yeah, but you gotta ask yourself one question, why do we have more fans than the small teams? Cus we've won more trophies, simple.

First let me explain this to you. . .my 17year old cousin has never seen Tottenham lifting any trophy since he started supporting them.
But he's a die-hard spurd too, why? He has heard of their trophy winning past, he has hope that their glory-era will come back.

There were many Fulham fans where I used to live before, the hope that; one day they'll win sumn.
When I ask them if they have a history, they come at me saying they won the Intertoto Cup. That's their own level, but it's still a trophy.
Even Wellings FC will tell you about East London Cup Winners' Cup. grin grin

Cosidering the fact that they were born and raised there and how their fathers watched the teams grow, it's something.

The fact that Nigeria will not win the world cup in the next 50years does not stop me from supporting the Super Eagles.
Our own level is the ACN and I'm satisfied. Ask a Zimbabwean, he'll tell you they once won the COSAFA Cup.

Football is about winning. That's why it's a sport. Ever wondered why you loved your school team so much? wink
Even for a five year old kid playing Pro-evo, it's still about winning grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by webguru(m): 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2008
im fed up wt wenger

those players are tired and when asked to buy players he said he'd have in xcess

still a gunner sha

given up on title race

seems like a trophyless season

now i have to face those chelsea fans in school tomorrow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by webguru(m): 5:59pm On Mar 24, 2008
im fed up wt wenger

those players are tired and when asked to buy players he said he'd have in xcess

still a gunner sha

given up on title race

seems like a trophyless season

now i have to face those chelsea fans in school tomorrow
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2008
Never mind guys, there is always next season cry. Hope we get people that actually want to win, and a message to Wenger. . .we have the money, please spend it on quality players. Enough said. lipsrsealed

Fair play to Man U, they know how to win when it matters. To lose the lead and come back strong, they deserve all the praise they get.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Novacaine(m): 6:10pm On Mar 24, 2008
First and Foremost if anybody told me after the Blackburn game at the Emirates that we would go winless for 5 straight i would have grabbed my Sawnoff and put a bullet or two in his or her dome with that being said i think we have boxed ourselves into a tight spot like we usually do but i still insist it is not over and that is what Wenger should be telling those lads we should give ourselves a chance by not giving up and fighting till its mathematically impossible to catch Utd our last 4 games are very winnable its our next 3 games that are important this league has not yet been won and lost yet and victories against Liverpool and Utd can assure that besides they also have to go to the bridge so things might be bad but they are not hopeless.We just have to keep fighting
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 6:38pm On Mar 24, 2008
Imani:

1)Never mind guys, there is always next season cry. Hope we get people that actually want to win.

2) Wenger. . .we have the money, please spend it on quality players. Enough said. lipsrsealed

So no more youth abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Novacaine(m): 6:39pm On Mar 24, 2008
Sometimes i tend to agree with opposition fans on Wenger he seems to be our problem my fear is he might want to turn us to a modern day Ajax Amsterdam to groom players and sell them when they are about getting to their prime and then replace them with shyte.I mean from the likes of Vieira,Kanu,Bergkamp,Henry,Wiltord,Pires,Ljungberg and other class acts to the likes of Hoyte,Diaby,Song,Bendtner,Adebayor,Traore,Denilson,Senderos right now i dont think the proposed takeover of Usmanov is such a bad idea that man seems too relaxed and he needs some pressure on his ass.Arsenal is not the French U-17 national team it is a professional club that is out to win and not just compete i hope he gets it into his thick skull
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 6:43pm On Mar 24, 2008
Akolawole:

So no more youth abi?

The Arsenal still has a "younger" squad compared to other premiership teams. However, we dont have enough depth to hold out for a whole season of premiership games, champions league and the other domestic cups.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Novacaine(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2008
Naah youth is not the problem its adequate and quality replacement for those youth when it is crunch time there are very few teams our first 11 wouldnt beat its the bench thats the problem there where games this season that each time i saw our bench i was in stitches it was like a joke imagine going to the Nou Camp and on your bench you have Gilberto,Jens,Hoyte,Traore and Bendtner if things go wrong who on earth do you bring in among that sorry bunch? Its pathetic
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2008
Novacaine:

Naah youth is not the problem its adequate and quality replacement for those youth when it is crunch time there are very few teams our first 11 wouldnt beat its the bench thats the problem there where games this season that each time i saw our bench i was in stitches it was like a joke imagine going to the Nou Camp and on your bench you have Gilberto,Jens,Hoyte,Traore and Bendtner if things go wrong who on earth do you bring in among that sorry bunch? Its pathetic

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MEN have been seperated from the boys. . . . .
It's so good to know Arsenal fans are conceding the title to Man Utd already.
The only snag is waiting this long to realise. . . . .AFTER 31 games?? I realised after 8 league games. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Novacaine(m): 7:58pm On Mar 24, 2008
Who said anything about giving up on the title.Yall would be making the biggest mistake of the century if you think you have won it yet
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 8:03pm On Mar 24, 2008
United will win all it's games in May. . . . .
The only banana-skin game i can see now is Blackburn FC. . . . .They might kick our players off the park. . .
Asides that, Arsenal will be spanked anutha 3-0 or 4-0 again.

None of the BIG 3 is scoring a goal at OT this season.
Arsenal have been beaten once. . . . . . They will be beaten again without SCORING!!!!!!!!!
United have won this title but will LOSE one more game before the season ends.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 9:07pm On Mar 24, 2008
All those Man U fans already celebrating,  shocked, it is not over yet, at least for the remaining games ahead, miracles can happen lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:14pm On Mar 24, 2008
i removed the other one wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hugoboi(m): 9:29pm On Mar 24, 2008
Chacal

Thats word to mother!!! u hit the nail smack.These people nid to recognise UNITED!!
Doubt the Reds at your own peril!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2008
What can I say?

Football is a game of sequences like Myles Palmer said - 4 draws did not give us enough drive or confidence in our abilities. Tiredness or no tiredness, this team lacked fire and inspiration for huge portions of the last 5 games. I do not think tiredness alone was the issue - but more of a deficiency in their mental condition when the chips were down.

Fine the goals came in suspicious offside situations, but we should always play to the whistle and not be looking to the ref to rescue us. Accounts have it that Gallas was beaten TWICE in the air leading to the goals - I put a LARGE chunk of the blame on him. Sagna did the hard work getting us the lead, and when he went off injured the game just seemed to collapse.

There are many questions that will be asked of this particular game - why play RVP wide and Hleb behind Ade? Why keep starting that MOFO called Eboue instead of Walcott? Why did we fail to retain a lead in such a CRUCIAL game?

People are going off about players - how many 'world class' players did Rafa bring in and where are they at the moment? Even Chelski for all its worth are still just a point ahead of us and that can change at any moment too.

I feel the reactions here have been a little too emotional and a bit over the top - fine we lost the lead and are now in third, but in August no one even gave the team a chance - something HAS been forged and developed in these players over these 8 or so months. . .this simply shows that the work isn't finished yet.

To blame AW for not buying players is a tad revisionist, I gave Rafa's example above, them getting spanked 3-0 shows you players alone will not win the title. I believe something may be lacking in AW's coaching abilities - teaching the players how to bounce back from a bad result. This to me is the key - if we bounced back after the B'ham draw and won one of the games in between, we probably would still be at least second now even if we lost yesterday.

A long drawing sequence like that still isn't good enough, I remember last season it was a series of losses, so an improvement has occured, but it simply isn't good enough yet. Maybe we can still come second, a small flickering light says maybe we can still nick it, but that would be nigh impossible now, unless MU capitulate in the most unexpected fashion both at SB and at OT when we play them, or against the smaller teams.

I do agree the quality of our bench needs to improve, but I do not think that would instantly have changed things around for us - the mentality to bounce back from poor results remains our Achilles heel.

Gunner 1915 cool smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by danity: 7:03am On Mar 25, 2008
Eya. I watched the game and I wanted to cry. cry
Those goals were just too good. cry
Drogba demolished your defence.
How could there be 4 Arsenal defenders who could not stop that first Chelsea goal?
I sympathize with you all.
But see it this way, things are about to become a whole lot worse for you guys.
If Arsenal plays like that against Liverpool, I'll really be disappointed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2008
Fine AW took a team of youngsters to the UCL Final, but remember we had Henry, Pires, Campbell, Cashley and the old Gilberto in that team.

Delusion is the Hallmark of an Arsenal fan Jens Lehmann, Eboue, Ashley Cole, Kolo, Campbell, Gilberto, Fabregas, Pires, Henry, Ljunberg Count how many youngsters are in that team. Only Fab was below 20.

AW is the most useless coach in England. I always say Arsenal is not a big club How can a coach remain trophyless for 3 seasons?

When was the last time Arsenal won a game in England in any tournament. Let them continue to bask in the elimination of AC till they end the season on that familiar note. TROPHYLESS
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 8:00am On Mar 25, 2008
dayokanu:

Delusion is the Hallmark of an Arsenal fan Jens Lehmann, Eboue, Ashley Cole, Kolo, Campbell, Gilberto, Fabregas, Pires, Henry, Ljunberg Count how many youngsters are in that team. Only Fab was below 20.

AW is the most useless coach in England. I always say Arsenal is not a big club How can a coach remain trophyless for 3 seasons?

When was the last time Arsenal won a game in England in any tournament. Let them continue to bask in the elimination of AC till they end the season on that familiar note. TROPHYLESS

Bros! which one be ur own nah? why e come dey pain u that much? The owners of Arsenal no even complain like u?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:06am On Mar 25, 2008
ayusman16:

Bros! which one be your own nah? why e come dey pain u that much? The owners of Arsenal no even complain like u?
Bros don't think that the owners will complain because, they did not lose both ways. Arsene made the cash for them and lose the trophy but you as a fan did not gain anything(Trophy and Money) so you must vex. The ass-anal board love making the box thats why wengay will be dia until he decides to quit.

debosky:

but in August no one even gave the team a chance - something HAS been forged and developed in these players over these 8 or so months. . .this simply shows that the work isn't finished yet
Even when they were topping the EPL i was 100% sure they will finish below Chelsea. If not that liverpool was wasteful earlier do you think ass-anal will see 3rd position? and its never late for liverpool mark it somewhere ass-anal will strugle to keep that 3rd position.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:04am On Mar 25, 2008
Bruv, get my statement before you start attacking me, I said AW took a team to the final and you're coming to give me the teamlist of the final match.
Is this the team that beat Juve, Madrid and Villareal?
Roy Keane missed the UCL final in 1999, but who is acknoledged to be the main backbone of that team?
If u're going to delve into our business, get your facts right first. Don't just start biting lines from scummers.

The experienced players only came back when we reached the semis.
Arsenal V Juve
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Hleb, Silva, Fabregas, Pires, Henry, Reyes (Van Persie 82).
Subs Not Used: Almunia, Diaby, Bergkamp, Song Billong, Walcott, Djourou.

Arsenal V Real Madrid
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Senderos, Flamini, Ljungberg, Hleb (Pires 76), Silva, Fabregas (Song Billong 90), Reyes (Diaby 80), Henry.

P.S I was using the word 'youngsters' to represent green and inexperienced. When Eboue played Juve he had only had bout three league matches. The whole of Europe knows that, so watchu saying?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 12:10pm On Mar 25, 2008
Its kind of funny how all of a sudden all Ass Anal fans have come to unanimously realise that ARSEne Wengay is the problem with there team.

This is something that has been continously slammed in there faces on this forum since the beginning of time. angry angry

Anyways, to ma united peeps, i think congratulations are in order, we just need to concentrate and wrap up the remaining games and i think FERGIE and the know exactly what to do. cool cool cool

The league's is ours to throw away now, that wont happen   wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 12:19pm On Mar 25, 2008
mukina2:

i removed the other one wink

Hello Mukina, hapy new year. Congrats on being the new moderator. Seun couldnt have picked a more suitable person. wink.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 1:10pm On Mar 25, 2008
If mukina becomes a moderator, then i'm in trouble, ha ha ha ha. Anyway mukina nothing do you, i'm still in love with you sha.
@ all ass shit fan, Now that it's 100% confirmed you aint gonna win the premiership, what's ya ass gonna do? and champions league, Arsenal aint gonna win that trophy till forever, i mean, till kingdom come
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:36pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ Debosky
Very well said.
Even Sir Alex knows the title is not yet decided.
More drama to follow.
No one can stake out his neck that his team would win the league,
I choose to differ, AW isn't Arsenal's problem,
Having a big squad does not guarantee u the league title.Does it?
If it did, methinks, Liverpool should be in the race also, and Chelsea would also not be sneaking in at this late hour.
WTF,they should have beaten Barnsley also!! grin grin grin grin
5-6 points difference,still match day 31, All could change by match day 34,
WE've seen it happen before and it can happen again. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by seunspice(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2008
Arsenal is down but not out. i would have preferred them down and out. The title destination is not certain yet, so United needs to keep winning. we still have to play Blackburn, Chelsea and Arsenal. Those are bogey teams irrespective of our optimism. And with the way the table stands as at now, i would rather have arsenal trailing us in 2nd than a resurgent Chelsea. that is a team with a point to prove. i still believe the title would go down to the wire and like someone said. it is United's title to throw away. Our fate lies in the hands of the lads.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:51pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ seunspice

Well said,
The title is certainly for Manure to throw away.
They are in pole position but they ain't won anything yet!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 2:24pm On Mar 25, 2008
@ HNIC and Seunspice,

Read ma lips: MAN UTD WILL RETAIN THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what Chelsea and Arsenal has in store but United will CERTAINLY win the title come MAY 2008.
Every statistic backing a league champion favours Man Utd more than any other team.
We have nolong term injury worry(matter of fact, injured players are coming back!!!!!).

United have got RONALDO. . . . He doesn't even have to play well to score goals these days.
He is that favoured . . . United have the best defence in Europe so they won't concede STUPID goals like Arsenal and Chelsea will do.
Besides, the game a team wins when they are playing well DOES NOT COUNT. . . It is the game a team win when not playing well that COUNTS.
If u examine the big 4. . .  no team does that better than Man Utd. . . . Not too sleek against Liverpool and we put 3 past em!!!!

That factor alone will win us the league. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.